Of course that's your contention...

>Of course that's your contention. You're a first-year grad student; you just got finished reading some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison probably. You're gonna be convinced of that 'till next month when you get to James Lemon. Then you're going to be talking about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist way back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year; you're gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin' about, you know, the pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.

This isn’t intelligence, it’s knowledge. It’s impossible for him to know this stuff when he spends all his time drinking and fighting.

Attached: 650FB337-8C9B-4C3D-9615-AA5C7FFDE202.jpg (700x394, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hIdsjNGCGz4
youtube.com/watch?v=oRG2jlQWCsY
youtu.be/cOrc37wNUqU
youtube.com/watch?v=iWSSD8_sAF4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>college dropout power fantasy

>people who drink and fight can't be educated

duh that's the point retard, he's calling out that fuckin barney for the exact thing you're saying.

Pretty true. Love when writers do this. They copy some Wikipedia shit into a script about a degenerate junkie so they come off as super smart if not for the poverty they are victim of.

>This isn’t intelligence, it’s knowledge. It’s impossible for him to know this stuff when he spends all his time drinking and fighting.
cringe

So not only is this kid some math genius, he is a professional expert on history/economy/politics??

He wasn’t educated, that’s the point. No where in the movie do we see him absorbing any of this kind of stuff. Damon and Affleck tried to write an intelligent character but instead wrote a walking, talking encyclopaedia.

it's just a corny scene used so we get to see a minor villain get BTFO

How is the poor faggot have any clue or interest in ‘marxian’ or pre-revolutionary ideas?

Most people who know graduate level history are of course not shitting on people for knowing graduate level history but excited to discuss.

this. its realy what stupid kikes in hollywood believe, that if you are smart and good in a scientific field you "like know everything dude". its retarded and ruined the movie

>calls up their friend a history professor

>hey send us a copy of your semester curriculum and a summary of the books k thanks

>duh that's the point retard
No, it’s not the point.

they can, but they usually arent. just like how women can do everything men can but they usually dont

The fuck are you talking about the movie clearly shows him in his room powering through textbooks and he talks to psych about all the books in the room he's read.
He fucking says at the end of that exact speech that the kids spending millions on an education he could get with a library card.

That's his character arc dummy.
Robin Williams dabs on him later for regurgitating what he read because he's a kid without life experience.

OP is an idiot who just totally ignored that Will's house is basically nothing but a room with books he reads voraciously.

Attached: 05641c87e5fbdcb08d2c18ed09a14823.jpg (600x400, 52K)

>that's the point
You're a fucking moron. Do you think you just understand mathematics and the specific notation everyone else uses? He's clearly intelligent but he can only solve all that nonsense because he's curious enough to teach himself

IT'S HUNTING SEASON

Discussion about this film really speaks to the demographic of Yea Forums. While it's presented poorly, there is nothing all that uncommon about Will Hunting's knowledge and intelligence in the film. If you - not that anyone in this thread has apparently - attend any top 10 university, people like this are everywhere. It's not that special at all.

>No, I just read Vicus so I'm up on inherited wealth Hunting. But you're no longer the angry brilliant young mind you once were, just itching to vent your frustrations. No. You stopped hitting the books with a vengeance and now I've read shit you've not even HEARD about yet.Face facts my friend. You're just no longer that good, Will Hunting.

>Now how do you, like dem apples?

This

Will is literally a super genius who excels in all fields though, but that's not how actual academics work. Not only is he a math genius he also thinks that bio chemistry course the girl takes is child's play. People who excel in one field are typically agnostic or only have a general understanding of another

>playing the same pretentious retard character on an anonymous forum as in real life
just let go user and beee yourself for a few hours while you're on here

>That part where they talk about the Unabomber as an evil mad man
D R O P P E D

Attached: 1563164393332.jpg (300x225, 21K)

minnie driver has an enormous head

Imagine being white and Imagine smelling like a wet dog and cheese all the time.

>typically
Well he's not typical.

The whole speech is about how he's seen these kids before and the guy isn't smart he's just reciting the basic college curriculum trying to show off in front of the townies.

Yep. He can read a page and take in all the knowledge in like 2 seconds. Made it clear when he probably got through that fag shrink's book in like half an hour to an hour just to fuck with him next day.

Whats the point of his knowledge though when you can't or don't want to use it in order to acquire resources with it? Studying chemistry, mathematics, politics, economics etc. is fucking pointless if you aren't going to use this knowledge in order to acquire wealth and resources and use them to advance the human species. He could have studied programming books or stock trading books and use his knowledge and intellect to earn money in silicon valley or wall street. But instead, he would rather use that knowledge to publicly humiliate some random punk in a college bar in order to impress some girl and his bros. Thats the problem with turbo autists like Will. They believe that using their knowledge in the private sector is completely pointless because "muh money" is pointless.

How shit, Clive is based!

Clive is /our guy/. We need threads dedicated to his greatness, not that Southie rat fuck.

Did you even watch the film? If yes, did you watch it when sober and/or giving it your full attention? If yes, you have a double digit IQ.

fun fact: uncle ted took part in a university experiment, MKULTRA, and the experiment tried to convince Uncle Ted he was a woman.

CIA created the unabomber

>this won best screenplay

kek

>Tsk tsk my good Will, hunting for your strawman again? Now I'm into some serious shit, shit like Deleuze, Adorno, Vikernes, Debord, Land, Moldbug, ...
>Poast your physique.

APPLE SAUCE, BITCH

I thought about making a webm of scene but its nearly 2 min long so the resolution would be garbage. Here it is

youtube.com/watch?v=hIdsjNGCGz4

haha imagine shooting cum on minnie drivers chin

>expecting any of the contrarian retard zoomers on here to have watched, understood and appreciated this piece of timeless kino

The guy could have been a student of any period of history anywhere in the world. Will just happens to know all about that one field

>imagine spending years of your life in your room alone reading books about the pre-evolutionary economics in the southern states so you could impress some random roastie with a roastie beef vagina in a nasty ass college bar in boston

absolute STATE of betafags

That's not even knowledge, more like empty garbage, who the hell cares about "the capital-forming effects of military mobilization" what does that even mean?

Is he saying that the military makes a lot of money, that wars make a profit? why the hell is he wording it like that?

>smart people dont apply themselves myth

What sort of dork says this. I'd take him right to the bathroom and smell his feet

Saw this film for the first time recently.
Psychologist is a retard, you'd think at that age he'd be able to process his emotions properly.
The "genius" main character is basically a Gary Stu, absolute genius Tesla level still needs to study to understand complex fields.

The only way it makes sense is if he uses drugs to stay awake at night and researches all his shit when he isn't fighting, fucking or drinking.
and even then it's a stretch.

>Vikernes

Attached: bp_theft1_181018_23.jpg (763x509, 90K)

It's not that weird. Neither of them proved they had more than a cliff notes understanding of the authors they were talking about. And if you're an American who's interested in politics you're likely to eventually come across discussions about the history of economics in America. The part where he cited a specific page number I'll admit was overkill, though he may have been bluffing.

Not always,
People that understand a lot of fields are rare but exist. He did mention he's terrible at music and art.

The *actually intelligent* janitors are the ones who spend every night learning how to make spycams camouflaged as soap dispensers to hide in the girls' bathroom.

Attached: thinkin-bussin.png (490x579, 363K)

There is no man alive as intelligent as this character. Why am I so certain?
Photographic memory doesn't exist, and this character has it,
Combined with a high IQ no one can really touch him.
He's a stupid character, what idiots think geniuses are like.

It's basically a smart character written by dumbs.

Did you even watch the film? He had no interest in the girl. She later calls him an idiot afterwards for not then flirting with her after dominating the other guy.

Plenty of smart people develop an interest in fields outside their area of expertise. Actually, it's hard to think of a leading intellectual who doesn't espouse opinions in other areas as if they're some sort of authority on them. They tend to be really shitty takes though.

Yeah im in grad school for math and most of the people are too fucking involved in their own fields to give a shit about history or the humanities in general.

Well, some people have memories like that, but they're low-functioning autists.

>timeless kino

Nah Will is a fucking autist that is trying WAY too hard to be a normie. He has this mindset that being an acknowledged genius and working in a scientific field in the private or public sector and thus contributing to society is fucking pointless because the world is utter shit. He starts rumbling during the NSA interview about "muh veterans", "muh corrupt politicians", "muh oil", "muh wars", "muh oil spills" etc. Well, boo-hoo Will the world was, is and will always be like that. Yes there will always be corrupt politicians and yes there will always be pointless wars over resources, but that doesn't mean you can't use your knowledge to help advance society. Will thinks that working in construction with his buddies and living a modest and unimportant life is way better than that. But Will is just another spoiled and "privileged" western kid. He doesn't realise how lucky he is that he has such an intellect, the academic resources offered through the educational system he government offers him, or the countless career options he has. And instead has this mentality that all of it is pointless.

They wrote his intellect in such a way in order to have an satisfying narrative about him confronting his demons via therapy with Sean and his romance with the English girl. You faggots autistically harping on about how that's not what real geniuses are like missed the fucking intent, and what's worse is that you have all deluded yourselves into thinking you are the truly enlightened, intelligent ones cause you can nitpick the film's presentation of a giga genius. Is any board on this Vietnamese nitting site filled with as many smug middling intelligence faggots arrogantly convinced they are the intellectual cream of the crop as Yea Forums?

>Will is literally a super genius who excels in all fields though, but that's not how actual academics work
*blocks your path*

>Von Neumann held a lifelong passion for ancient history, being renowned for his prodigious historical knowledge. A professor of Byzantine history at Princeton once said that von Neumann had greater expertise in Byzantine history than he did.

>One of his remarkable abilities was his power of absolute recall. As far as I could tell, von Neumann was able on once reading a book or article to quote it back verbatim; moreover, he could do it years later without hesitation. He could also translate it at no diminution in speed from its original language into English. On one occasion I tested his ability by asking him to tell me how A Tale of Two Cities started. Whereupon, without any pause, he immediately began to recite the first chapter and continued until asked to stop after about ten or fifteen minutes.

Attached: HD.3F.191_(11239892036).jpg (2551x3200, 1.06M)

im a drunk, get in fights and am educated. It can be done. but the road is rough.

he was a polymath

>nitting

Attached: sj3.jpg (1200x1200, 125K)

>Your hair makes you look like a faggot
I win

Attached: 1524625716805.jpg (334x334, 88K)

Same, I also have an eight inch cock.

>I don't like em apples much, Will!

fuck this movie and fuck boston and fuck their accent

von Neuman was superhuman though

What does this have to do with a math super genius whose also an expert in every other field including cellular biology?

>math super genius whose also an expert in every other field
Literally von Neuman.

Von Neuman was a math genius who was also an expert at every field he turned his hand to.

Proof? What other fields was he a pioneer in and did he make scientific breakthroughs or was he only capable of literally memorizing something that someone else wrote?

>heh... y-you made a spelling error s-so your argument sucks!
Peak reddit.

Its impossible. You need experience. Esp in biological sciences.

Literally just google him dumby

I love the goalpost moving here. He regurgitated some info from books to shut down a fag at the bar, and he found undergrad level biochem easy enough that he could do the homework. That's not being an expert or making breakthroughs in other fields. He's just wicked smaht.

>You need experience.

Will has perfect memory and spent ALL his time at home either sleeping or reading tens of thousands of books. The film clearly shows he can finish a page in about 5 seconds.

Will has more academic knowledge than almost anyone alive and used that to manipulate people. The point though is that is he has no practical experience in life, which is what Robin Williams called him out on.

youtube.com/watch?v=oRG2jlQWCsY

Attached: Kaos-sensei.jpg (1920x1080, 135K)

I reiterate: . The 'that's not how real geniuses are!!' legit strikes me as peak soi and reddit cause it's the type of nitpicking know-it-all bullshit faggots will do to try and flex their intellectual muscles rather than appreciating the effective narrative the film has. Why discuss Sean and Gerry arguing when we can have dry autistic rants about how unrealistic Will's brain is, amirite?

They didn't write a word of that script btw

Yeah, pretty much. The movie isn't famous for this scene; this is probably the absolute weakest part of it.

there's 10 seconds in this movie, when he reads a book, in ten seconds
i think you missed it
your lady was probably pumping your iron
rewatch the movie again, slowly this time.

A middle school friend of mine has sort of turned into this. Not the know-it-all history buff, but the dropout autodidact obsessed with intelligence. The last day of high school he told me I was the smartest person he ever met and I could be Einstein if I tried (in contrast he humbly compared himself to Elon Musk). Recently he invited me to his place and we played smash bros. He asked me if I ever "go up" or practice telepathy.

>He asked me if I ever "go up"
I think he wanted you to have gay buttsex with him user

Attached: 1562039956509.jpg (1337x2036, 328K)

Whats another movie where that's happened

You don't get it. Will has lived near those pompous uni dickwads who flex their preliminary test knowledge on girls and constantly belittle everybody working class. Will knew the kind of guy he was and this wasn't the first time this happened. Will didn't "accidentally" read the one book the guy was studying out of coincidence and sheer luck, Will purposely sought out the books those pousers were regurgitating and discovered that he had a wicked smart brain for this shit and began reading more and more.

thank you
/thread

let's be real
in 10 years the same writer called this character sheldon

Probably that soldiers and arms manufactures have to get paid so the government has to raise funds. War jump started American industry, example being the Dupont family.

>an entire thread of beta sissies trying to insist that a long-haired faggot attending ivy league on his parents' dime wasn't completely obliterated by a well-muscled chad who mentally dwarfs him and starts fucking the girl the beta tried to impress
I knew op was trying to be contrarian for bait purposes, but man, all you anons falling for it and supporting it sure are something else

>not how actual academics work
>people who excel in one field are typically agnostic or only have a general understanding of another
will let the "actual academics" thing slide it's a dead giveaway
anyhow just wanted to point out there's people that excell in multiple fields because they simply put in the work. learning takes time and the more time you dedicate to learning the more knowledge will fill your brain. astonishing right?
I read pieces in law school that were written by a guy who held a doctoral degree in law and medicine on top

It's not even that impressive.
Couple names couple of economic systems. big whoop.

No one said it's not possible to get multiple degrees in different fields of research. You do not know anyone like Will Hunting, an expert in literally everything. A genius unrivaled by anyone else on the planet.

applesauce, bitch!

Literally 9/10 people itt are saying that.

Economics is coco jumbo.

My IQ literally 95

Rick n mortu

Thats retarded because people that do that, like autistic savants, cant actually think critically on information like that.

It's well established, even in that scene, that he goes to the library a lot and reads the books quickly. Also, it's clear that he has a meta-view of the whole thing which you can't get from just reading books and not thinking about them critically.

>we played smash bros
Is he any good?

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1.jpg (780x439, 20K)

>you stopped hitting books with a vengeance, and now i've read shit you haven't even HEARD about yet

Attached: imag24411.jpg (1100x1839, 531K)

Polymaths don't exist anymore because there's so much development on incredibly specific areas of specific fields in specific disciplines in specific subjects.

Back in the day people could be polymaths because we knew shit all about anything.

>ask someone to summarize part of the book
>they have to just read it to you verbatim without any commentary because they don't have any
>wow so smart

Attached: 1563318506497.png (894x773, 43K)

Autodidact, brainlet.

The whole point is that Jason Bourne's character is wicked smart and remembers everything he reads in a book.
The whole point of the movie is about learning life experience, e.g. shit you can't learn from books.

My biggest issue with this movie was that he was apparently supposed to be 20 years old (until the very end when he turns 21) but they treat him like he's an old boomer who has been working and living a working class life for years on end, also he looks way older. I'm 20 and I consider my life to have barely started.

>that's not how actual academics work
I mean, the biggest difference is when you're actually writing a dissertation. Then you're not just regurgitating things other people have written like for your undergrad essay shit. You have to actually come up with the ideas, interpretations, analysis etc. yourself.

>Jason Bourne's character

Attached: 1562576338731.jpg (750x757, 40K)

youtu.be/cOrc37wNUqU

That's a fair criticism.

>that's retarded because the only smart people are autistic

speak for yourself, i'm a polymath myself

it would have been a much more heartfelt film with an older protagonist
vince vaughn as will hunting? now that's certified kino

meant for

based Jack of all trades who can't find a good job in any field

And usually it's only specific shit that sticks with them.
Had some autist who could remember in what year what happened etc.
But he had no impulse control and ended up being expelled for fondling the girls in their sleep.

They can't. Literally can't.
I have yet to meet an educated, well-read drunk who constantly gets in fights.

Want to know why? Because they're too stupid due to fucking drinking and fighting all the time.

This isn't rocket science.

sounds legit delusional, you should have him sectioned before he cuts you for stealing his thought

I agree

based

*sips double IPA with grapefruit infusion*
Hey friendo, did you know that
*combs beard*
Leonardo DiCaprio cut his hand on the set of Django Unchained
*checks iPhone XX-plus for Salon updates*
But
*walks into bathroom stall and locks door behind him to urinate*
he
*puts on seatbelt*
he carried on
*mails in taxes before april 15*
acting!

Literally me.

thats becaues youve never met me
t. 200 iq

High school drop out probably at 16 so he's been doing fuck all for 5 years.

>It's not your fault.
>It's not your fault.
>It's not your fault.
>It's not your fault.
>It's not your fault.

It's not 'till, it's 'til. It's an abbreviation of "until." Till is a real word, that's why it recommends till rather than til.

Unoriginal

Post people who would btfo Will

Attached: 397759BB-CC55-48E8-9B2C-131FB172EBC8.jpg (885x516, 40K)

>deeply offended.

He would side with Will though

The idea that smart people who attend the more prestigious colleges are actually dumb people is the biggest fucking meme that Hollywood keeps trying to push.

>all very interesting Will but let me drop some logicbombs on you...

Attached: 7AB435A3-B835-48DC-872D-C702C6C9AD3B.jpg (360x360, 20K)

REEEEEEEEE

DON'T YOU DO THIS TO ME MAN

my response to this hogwash would be
>I CHECK.

>The idea that smart people who attend the more prestigious colleges are actually dumb people is the biggest fucking meme that Hollywood keeps trying to push.

It's true in the sense that for the most part they lack worldliness and base their viewpoints of one in which they never have to deal with the consequences of their actions.

Then, come next year you're coming into this class with the "what's wrong with this society?" attitude that will be on display for the foreseeable future: capitalism. You'll be on the same side as John Maynard Keynes.
You'll argue that socialism (the kind that I call Marxian socialism – it's a version of the modern free-market system in which the State owns the means of production and sets the prices of things) has failed because if you raise wages and prices to the market level that doesn't solve all the social problems.
In fact, because people are not being compensated according to the productive efforts of workers, and because those profits tend to be taxed away, more and more income goes to the richest one percent. It's pretty much the whole social system collapsing.

You have to ask yourself whether the idea of socialist society is really a good one, and why so many people – myself included – have come to believe that it is. We'll look at some of the arguments – all of them sound really clever – in the next few sections.
Like I get how you feel about capitalism. I'm sure you're in debt. I understand why. I'm sure you don't want to get into debt. You don't want to take it on. That's not me. I'm here to make people more aware. It's like you, me, you, what's the best way, you know? Don't be a dick. You shouldn't be acting like you know better than any of us! You shouldn't get away with it and think, As Cicero would say, veni vidi video. -- Oh, the economy is great! I mean, there's no business in this country—not just in the West—but in the world, when we get into this crazy world -- we're fucked. From the get go.

This. OP didnt get it.

If your smart, why u post on Yea Forums

the idea that a large amount of people who attend the more prestigious colleges aren't actually just paying for grades is the biggest fucking meme that retarded rich kids and naive bootlickers keep trying to push.

The point is that he can come up with that soliloquy on the spot, and the other dude is just at a loss for words, despite being more educated than Will.

>Of course that's your fetish. You're a first-year jerker; you just got finished watching some POV deepthroat, Larkin Love probably. You're gonna be rubbin' it to that that 'till next month when you get to Brittney White. Then you're going to be fantasizing about tight teenage pussy like Tanner Mayes and Dokata Skye back in the good days. That's gonna last until next year; you're gonna be in here bustin' nuts to Sarina Valentina, talkin' about, you know, how it's not really gay and the dick just makes it better.

>That's gonna last until next year; you're gonna be in here bustin' nuts to Sarina Valentina, talkin' about, you know, how it's not really gay and the dick just makes it better.

But that's factually true

>implying regular people jackin it remember the porn stars' names
only one I remember is Ashlynn Brooke and that's because she was bangin.

Attached: ashlynn_brooke.jpg (534x800, 58K)

It's made clear how much time he spends reading. What do you want, multiple 5 minute scenes of him sitting in silence reading a book? You are autistic

lol fag

Jon Stewart.

Shapiro would fuck his entire world up.

>I did terrible in school but what I have that they don’t have is *STREET SMARTS*.

>ITT Pseuds trying to outpseud each other while talking about a pseud movie on a mongolian throat singing forum.

based

The thing about very smart people is that they are smart enough to do very convincing parlor tricks to make normies think they are superhumanly smart, such as memorizing lines. I can remember plenty of shakespeare and Chaucer from school, the ability to recall that and to say a lot of random things in multiple languages tricks normies into thinking I am a genius when in reality I just happen to enjoy literature and language and am absolutely shit at mathematics and spacial reasoning.

>are typically agnostic
wtf does religion have to do with being smart

Fucking humanities students lol. Brainlets don't deserve to live.

Science, technology, engineering, mathematics, etc. are the foundation of our civilization. Not science or technology, it makes no difference and I just try to make do with the information that comes to me. But I hope that all of us remember the following. All we have is our bodies. If a human was able to control their body when they were young they would certainly live forever. But that would be foolish, because they could not control the choices they made at a young age and we are learning how to control those choices every waking moment of our lives. I try not to think too much about the future of the world or how it is changing.

I'm such a fucking sperg socially that even if I was a genius I couldn't show it off. I always thought things were supposed to be balanced in people, but most geniuses I've met were also chads. Fucking sucks being ugly and dumb.

Attached: 1518309734959.jpg (271x271, 8K)

>tfw can only write essays and papers
thesaurus.com open.
I hate being a brainlet. I wasn't made for academic life but something led me this way.

Attached: 1512604801364.jpg (1063x800, 123K)

Humanities become lawyers, who created and govern the free world. Pleb.

Yeah, exactly. And I kind of shared his attitude years ago after dropping out of college myself, to experience real life - to some extent that was correct - but there are particular forms of knowledge, of a breadth, rigorousness, and speciality, that you can't possibly just -have- merely by being 'le intelligent'. Like you have to put in a good decade of intensive, specialized work and study within the relevant institution and field; a few cursory sweeps of wikipedia articles or trips to the library isn't going to remotely catch you up. I realized the importance of specialized education and eventually went to put in the hard work.

But there's a defiant, smug, boyish arrogance that a relatively clever / intelligent person impulsively feels when facing this, and I understand it, I once had it too. I see it so much... when they encounter, say, an actual artist or intellectual thwy get weirdly combative and start flinging out their high school stoner hot-takes on a subject, as if they can possibly hope to compete with a 'master' of said advanced, specialized field. Their efforts to look smart are always so pathetically amateur and they don't even know it. You just can't be one of these 'master of none' internet nerds and think your lazy impressions are equivalent to people who actually do the work and have the relevant education. If you skipped out on the (elite) education, or even if you got it but it wasn't related to a field in question, then you're no better than any random bullshitting fucktard.

>top universities are where all the geniuses live

Attached: brainlet wojak.jpg (720x303, 27K)

FUCK. Fixing:
>with thesaurus.com open
See what I mean?

this. true smart redpilled say fuck off to society and are found in places like /pol/ and /r9k/ where normies refuse to enter

>t. legal aid attorney defending crack monkeys

Great idea actually

This is where all the high IQ spergs hang out haven't you heard?

0.5% of humanities students maybe.

If photographic memory isn't real then how do you explain Cam Jansen?

based

A minority of humanities students become lawyers and most lawyers don't amount to anything worthwhile. I have been to law school parties hosted by students attending a top 10 school and I can assure you that they won't be governing anything.
Don't be such a retard you pleb. I don't know what you study (likely English or "philosophy") but you should have picked a big brain major instead of something a high school student could do.

1. based
2. redpilled

seething STEMcuck
have fun being replaced by pajeet

Attached: 1495130506799.png (1011x801, 58K)

>mfw i'm a trust fund kid who can went easy arts route and will still never have to work a day in my life

Attached: 1518049300523.jpg (620x413, 34K)

>the capital-forming effects of military mobilization
THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS

EVERY SERIOUS WAR HAS CAUSED TECHNOLOGICAL EXPLOSIONS ADVANCING NEARLY EVERY SINGLE SCIENTIFIC FIELD, LET ALONE BUSINESS

I started going back to college, Mid 30's. I work in heavy industry, so I come 12 hour night shifts in my overalls looking like worn out shit all I do is read in my free time, been doing it for years, fear of getting stupid. I'm in poli sci all my classes are full of seniors now. Every semester, I mean literally every semester I get called on my a professor once a week whenever a entitled piece of shit who doesn't do research besides watching fox news and reading ayn rand answers. I go short and sweet, the shit bag counters with some 1 inch deep retort, since we are graded on participation and rational skills I have to go on diatribe where I efficiently put my foot in someone's ass using a historical precedent, statistical fact or logic.
I fucking hate it so much. I don't know whose worst the alt right or sjws both are equally ignorant and soft

user pls learn to spell

No more perfect role for this generation of actors led by Damon than a handsome person who's really a genius even though nobody else realizes it. Just a bunch of frauds who want to appear substantial.

It was pretty straightforward orgo chem

Science is chad

Yeah, Cicada 3301 recruits the top minds to join the NSA from Yea Forums. It's not just a shitposting sight that shows some humor and brilliance everynow and then. Finding good content here is like panning for gold in a river of shit. It's always been that way.

>mfw funds that believe in themselves can go to a simple art route, yet there will still be enough people to work their dawn on alive

Attached: 1518049300523.jpg (620x413, 60K)

What if I have degrees in both Humanities and STEM? Loving Every Laugh!

Damn right dont you forget it slut.

Attached: oh ya.jpg (920x730, 56K)

Cope harder

t. ghoul

>but instead wrote a walking, talking encyclopaedia.
i read this in matt damons boston accent

oh no no no he fell for it

Attached: 1529184470731.png (620x1000, 786K)

Why are you in your 30s and still act like an insecure teenager with a huge chip on your shoulder?

I don't see any of them making any actual contributions to the American discourse and when they do they're just fucking shitty. I don't care that they're shitty because I think they're ignorant. I don't care that they're shitbags because I don't want to be like them or like their shit. I don't care that they're shitty because they don't respect anything that anyone does in life. Fuck those baby cunts. I'm not fucking a fuckwit. They don't care that you're different from them or they don't respect that you have value. They don't care that you're queer or you don't give a fuck about shit because they won't give a fuck about you once that shit gets fucking normalized. And fuck you even if I'm one of their "fags". Fuck that. And by fucking me and pissing you off, you don't respect me as a human person because I don't have to take shit from other people. You fucking fuck me. So fucking fuck you. How about you get a real job, Liberal Arts Puke? Faggot

The point was that he had a good memory and most of education these days is just repeating whatever someone else said. Must people in general have basically no mind of their own even if they understand the particular paradigms they're given, which might be an accomplishment on it's own but they're trapped in the conventional. They're intellectual followers and not thinkers. So and so said this and that, but then this guy said this, what do you think motherfucker? Do you have any thoughts of your own?

>Political Science Major
What a mistake, any soft science or social science isn't worth the money you pay to get a piece of paper that has no bearing on climbing the socio-economic ladder whatsoever. Even the "good degrees" are for jobs that have been taken, jobs of the past that will be eliminated with the new unstable economy called the "gig economy" and impending automation will make people useless eaters which will most probably be eliminated by a major population decline that is long overdue. Information is doubling and arriving faster than it ever has and technology is taking massive leaps from what it used to be in previous centuries in just decades. With advancement in technology would come a major war and thus a population decline but we are now seeing proxy wars and a steady increase of population. Im still waiting on the second housing bubble and higher education bubbles to pop and then we'll see things get real froggy. Enjoy the ride.

>I don't care
yet here you are hammering out paragraphs on Yea Forums whining about them, evidence begs to differ, if you didn't care you'd just shut the fuck up, now go on and demonstrate your lack of concern by replying to me

Attached: 1.png (138x159, 50K)

its implied he spent all his time reading books because he was an orphan, retards.

Based fpbp

POLITICAL SCIENCE

POLISCI IS A COMMON UNDERGRAD MAJOR FOR LAW

Holy cringe!

based

t. PhD who believes in an organized religion

I don't want to believe this come from a 30 yo.

>have fun being replaced by pajeet
phd stemfag here
it already happened to me

Attached: 1534659218028.gif (250x188, 1.85M)

Very smart people can usually just emulate a personality

On an academic level, if you're below 150 IQ you're doomed. I don't how I got this far, it just feels like I've been pretending to be smart while riding on other people's work. I have good grades but I feel really dumb when compared to everyone I meet. What the fuck is wrong with me?

Attached: 1451993840564.png (192x192, 5K)

She from Oklahoma.

Attached: prissy.jpg (412x440, 55K)

you've probably never met someone with 150 iq in your lifetime

here. Just to clarify what I mean by "riding other people's work". I just do what I'm told in this lab at Uni. I'm usually part of papers that are submitted to conferences, journals and transactions. I basically run MATLAB simulations, sometimes write C code for a microcontroller, get results making sure the power converters don't explode and sometimes design PCBs. I don't feel like I'm "creating anything", and I couldn't even if I wanted to. I'm devoid of creativity.
God help me if I ever depend on someone incompetent.

Attached: gatts.jpg (217x232, 16K)

Dunning Kruger

Was meant for and probably for

>Asking if Von motherfucking Newman made any scientific breakthroughs

lmao

That's simply Knowledge Mr. Bourn, And it seems it has failed to save you, a familiar feeling I'm sure.

Attached: simply.png (680x452, 520K)

he literally invented world peace

i miss this nigga like you wouldnt believe

its funny how philosophy is starting to merge with occult

It means that the assembly of troops and allocation and sourcing of equipment caused wealth to be created. As in if I get a thousand guys together, I take money from the centralised treasury in London to pay for uniforms, guns, food, and salaries then there's a shit tonne of money going around the people that made and sold all that equipment. When the colonials fucked up the Natives the people selling them shit made bank and when they had money so did the whole community.

>Is he saying that the military makes a lot of money, that wars make a profit? why the hell is he wording it like that?

because he's mocking ponytail guy by ripping lines straight from the book

I don't know man, next time you're in a college town listening to a posh high tier university student espousing wisdom from his course pay attention to what they're saying and call bullshit. Yeah, most of them are probably above average but the loud ones usually aren't.

cope

But that's wrong.

the classic book smarts v street smarts scenario

my autistic younger cousin did the same trick you'd ask him about the new mario game and he'd run away and sketch out the first three levels. von Neumann was just really, really autistic.

OUT-KILLING THE OTHER GUY IS THE PRIME MOTIVATOR OF HUMANITY

DARPA IS GOD, WAIT TILL THEY USE THEIR ANTIGRAVITY DRONES AGAINST CHINA

only right answer. if i was alive back then i'd be the drunken fool hollering "have sex" at newton

>and sometimes design PCBs
One of the guys I went to trade school with while majoring in electronics was basically an idiot savant, damn could he could make printed circuit boards like a fish takes to water. Also one of my instructors used worked with a guy he called "caveman" who was an idiot savant when it came to troubleshooting circuits on the component level. It frustrated him to no end, that he was more efficient than him in troubleshooting even though the instructor was damned brilliant. I went to get my degree in Electronics (TD) after I went to University and majored in History (B.A.) and minored in General Studies (AsC) and couldn't find work. I am now looking for a job after I quit a dead-end thankless job as an Electronics Technician working on a shitload of NDT Equipment that basically used all my skills learned from the first half of the electronics program were talking about component level troubleshooting which is rare as hens teeth these days. Chin up and embrace the suck, improvise overcome, adapt. You might have to take a job that is below your skill level and wait for an opening, hell I know a guy with a masters in Engineering who is working at Burger King. Things are fucky for everyone. Also a guy who is a friend one of my favorite English Professors from Uni earned a PhD. He became a bartender because he knew he would make more money behind a bar instead of pursuing a career in his major, the professor even admitted to all the class he was right. Life is funny like that.

til

The real trick is taking complicated ideas and translating them into normal people speak peppered with the occasional high brow terminology. You'll never feel more like Good Will Hunting than when you pull off a Kierkegaard pick up line.

>Nietsche, Sartre, Kierkegaard does that make your nipples hard?!?!?

I always looked up to arrogant good looking intelligent guys who dress nice. Maybe it's a closeted homosexual thing I don't know, but I wish I was friends with the blonde ponytail guy.

There's a scene where Robin Williams basically tells him that his knowledge is worthless because he has barely been out of his neighbourhood and has never done anything with his life except get drunk and work blue collar jobs. It's a stupid scene since the movie's point seems to be that experience trumps knowledge, yet Will's friends who have definitely experienced more things than college kids are presented as retards. Will humilliates this kid because he reads a lot of books yet all Will does is read books

youtube.com/watch?v=iWSSD8_sAF4

Mark did it better

remember when hollywood tried to convince us that minnie driver was a desirable woman?

Based, everyone I meet thinks I’m some kind of intellectual because I’m good at spouting bullshit and random information. If I am as they say, this severely reduces my respect for intellectuals and their ilk.

Damn, user. I wish you the best of luck. I don't know if I'll get a job afterwards but I sure am trying.

Attached: 1502302745367.jpg (308x308, 40K)

>muh stem
Do you subhumans realize that artists are the only people who are literally irreplaceable? Every single doctor, lawyer, engineer, etc. will be replaced by robots, but creativity and imagination can never be simulated
>tfw gonna make boomer tier money by writing songs
Enjoy the ride faggots

real intellectuals aren't talking to high school dropouts

nails it

Their value comes from their hardness, weird as it seems, but really there's no way to know if you'll enjoy the experience unless you give it a try.

no, they feel your tryhard and say that to get you to shut up. sorry champ.

What the fuck am I reading here?!

Attached: IMG_20190718_124522.jpg (225x362, 22K)

That's why I call that movie capeshit, he may as well have superpowers

Also fuck this dumb motherfucker who compensates by playing "high IQ" characters

only literal retards believe this false dichotomy. if you're so smart, learn to code AND write songs.

*blocks your path*

Attached: A1F9156B-C661-465C-B587-B79AD683AC20.png (1510x1886, 1.17M)

>You know I'm something of a polymath myself.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 148K)

ITS A SELF INDICTMENT CUS MATT DAMONS CHARACTER HATES HIMSELF

HE'S JUST FARTHER ALONG THE SAME PLEB LINE AND READ ALL THOSE BOOKS ALREADY

PART OF THE META NARRATIVE FROM THE GENIUS AFFLECK/DAMON WRITING TEAM

I'm the best in my class and the best (by far) at work. I realised years ago than 95% of people are living on autopilot and believe everything they're told. Just having some shred of curiosity about how the world works will make you stand out in any crowd

Thanks, best of luck to you too. Never stop applying and don't get discouraged no matter what, you will get turned down a lot, but keep at it and don't be afraid to take jobs you think are "beneath you" always find a way to hustle and stay afloat until you get your big break you've been waiting for. Who knows you might find success in a career you never imagined you'd be in. Keep your options open also. Ain't no shame in making money as long as it's good hard honest work that pays the bills and puts food on the table. At the end of the day thats all that matters.

Literally irrevocably based.

Good stuff.

it's always about doing the work, user

>learn to code
LOL

Attached: 1533392457385.jpg (384x384, 30K)

>doesn't understand the burdens of high IQ and why smart people drop out of retard society

>le 2 smart for society

Attached: images.png (240x210, 7K)

The ultimate chadpill is not worrying about any of this shit because humanity has 30 years left.

No it isn't, it's utterly meaningless, but if you're smart enough to get the references then you assume I'm also smart enough to know what they mean. I don't, I'm dumb as a waiter in a Pinter play

I feel immense cringe about loving this movie when I was a young idealistic high school drop out.

He didn't want to contribute to it, retard.

IF U GOT HALF A BRAIN AND CAN UNDERSTAND FRAMEWORKS THEN JUST SPEND A YEAR OR TWO IN THE SPECIALTY GETTING TO KNOW THE LATEST INSIDER TRICKS AND U GOT ANOTHER ONE DOWN EZ

ITS OFTEN OUTSIDERS TO THE FIELD WHO SEE BEYOND THE MINUTIA DRONES AND HAVE WHAT WITH TO CROSS POLLINATE

It's impossible not to feel superior when you're simply better than others. I sometimes wish I was just an ordinary, mediocre mindless drone so I'd enjoy life but I can't. It's lonely at the top bros

If you're on the top yourself then why not top yourself?

I'm gonna top myself right if you know what I mean

Why did he do it?

I assume you mean kill yourself which is the joke I made, pleb

Ah the female breasts, they are absurd in their existence. Random mutations caused by chaos has syncronized and created them which have been placed upon a pedestal, painted on canvas, carved from marble, and displayed upon a stage under a spotlight. We assign beauty and meaning to them. Truth is all existence is absurd and shouldn't be but yet it is. It is the meaning we give that makes it worthwhile in an absurd meaningless world that distracts us from madness and our impending eventual death. The humble mammary glands save us from the madness of meaningless, the abyss, the absurd. We look at them in awe and wish to suck the milkies as we suck the marrow of life. To seize them as we sieze the day! Carpe Diem! Carpe papillae!

Attached: FB_IMG_1554501321211.jpg (720x837, 64K)

This sums it up.

No I meant I'm gonna fuck your grandfather

>where he cited a specific page number I'll admit was overkill
I still do that. It's been awhile but most recently I dabbed on a lot of Wisco Repubs during the Act 10 kerfuffle by quoting Friedman in depth.

I'm actually the real-life Will Hunting. I found out I had a 131 IQ when I enlisted in the army after being thrown out of high school. I earned a doctorate in economics and have three restraining orders in two states from dudes whose asses I've kicked while in the army and university. I've had difficulty finding employment as a result.

In all honesty my understanding of math beyond that necessary for econ is very limited and I don't understand any other science at all.

>It's lonely at the top bros

Need a bottom? I'm gay!

Magnifique! Magnifique!

>muh working class heroes
>muh salt of the earth
Imagine ACTUALLY believing that cab drivers are more valuable than college professors. Everybody says the left forgot about the working class...shit, I'm glad they did. There's nothing interesting about dumb rednecks working in factories. We have machines that are faster and cheaper. FUCK blue collar plebs, they're no longer needed. They can't contribute anything to society anymore, so why should they share in the tribe's provisions?

>we
ok professor

Jordan Memerson is an intellectual lightweight, I have no idea why people listen to him.
>literally cries for 30 minutes in hungary
Shit's bizarre.

underrated

Based

Intellectuals are a drain. I mean jesus, it's basic maths, if each professor trains more than one new professor in his career you've got an exponential, unsustainable growth of professors looking for work. So either they're endlessly valuable or they're a fucking cancer that needs new students and their college debt and all that goes with it to sustain their growth. What do college professors actually produce?

please take your lithium

Just an example faggot. Anyone with a college education is worth more than some truck driver or a fucking plumber

Based

I'm literally 183 and I don't recite page references like that because it's cancer pointless lmfao

According to who? Sure as shit not the market who values a college degree less than owning a white van and a pair of work boots. Truck drivers make $40,000 a year, plumbers make up to $70K a year. How much do you make?

>We have machines that are faster and cheaper
>They can't contribute anything to society anymore
What a paradoxical statement. You sound like a retard.

Such an exquisite display of thoughtfulness. Bravo, my good sir.

Cab driver serve a purpose in transportation. College Professors partake in a ponzi scheme with little compensation to themselves other than job security due to their acceptance of certain reality tunnels as social currency (I.e. Leftism in the humanities). The curriculum the professors are forced to make by academic standards offers no advantage to the dupes who pay money to recieve a piece of paper that has no current value because college gets what a high school diploma used to get people. It is devalued and unless you have a network you might as well get real world.experience instead of gaining "soft skills" that are useless to real world experience or actually getting a "useful degree" and finding out that the market is flooded with people who have the same degree and it is devalued and/or no longer useful because the degrees of today are preparing students for the jobs of yesterday which have been taken. So the subsaharan african or Indian taxi driver who just got off the boat half a decade ago is more valued to society than a snotnosed undergrad or graduate major who has a degree in an already oversaturated or dying market because he offers a service that society values, all of that will not matter when both have been made obsolete by automation thanks to Artificial Intelligence.

Dont ever insult Neumann ever again you stupid fags. I dont give a shit about how dissatisfied you fucks are about your lives or how insecure you are about your intelligence, but insult Neumann again and i will personally ensure that you will all die horrible deaths.

He wasn't though. He was an affable, highly social bon vivant who loved parties and socializing. A completely normal mid century man who would have been a bank manager or an art dealer except for his superhuman computational power.

Neumann literally means nu-male.

No, it means "new man", born anew to wreck your soi ass.

He was also a geopolitical mastermind
>if you say bomb Russia tomorrow, I say why not today?
>if you say bomb at 3 o'clock, I say why not at 1 o'clock?

this doesn't apply to certain fields tho. obviously a maths phd is going to have a much more sophisticated understanding of algebraic graph theory or whatever, but even the average random bullshitting fucktard is going to have a much more worthwhile opinion than a an african american studies, gender studies or any field where 'autoethnography' is considered a valid form of contributing towards the advancement of knowledge.

>just like how women can do everything men can but they usually dont

Excellent bait

Do you not understand how bell curves work?

he spends most of his time, when not being a janitor or bumming around, in the library reading.

Check'd

Neumann is more like "the new guy" rather than somebody born anew.

t. STUCK DOING SHITWORK TO KEEP HIS GRANT

>translate it at no diminution
DOESNT EXIST, ASK ANYONE WITH KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE

BASED, BUT CHINA IS WHO WE NEED TO NUKE THESE DAYS

Sounds like something a child would say. I guess he was indeed autistic.

its almost as if he was abused during a young age

More like John von Bolton amirite

>fun fact: uncle ted took part in a university experiment, MKULTRA, and the experiment tried to convince Uncle Ted he was a woman.
>CIA created the unabomber
People are constantly writing Ted asking him about this MKULTRA stuff but he always says it was mundane stuff, like filling out personality tests, with the exception of one agitating experience. He's pretty sick of people playing up this part of his formative experiences. The fact of the matter is, no one can say for certain of his experiences with the program he was in because the organization that ran the testing can't give out any info regarding his tests because it's all done by codename and they're not allowed to release the info of anyone when they're public identity and codename are known.
By his own admission it wasn't a bad experience. Given that he's pretty open about his grievances with others there's little reason to doubt him. But people got enamored with the MKULTRA stuff so it's become a (potentially) misinformed part of the Unabomber mythos. It's got to the point that whenever people write to him, IIRC, about the Harvard experiences he has a pre-written response about it being a boring but fine experience, that ends with a sales pitch for his latest book "Anti-Tech Revolution: Why and How."
In my own investigations into his experiences at Harvard, I've never, until your post, heard the claim that they tried to convince him that he was a woman.
t. Unabomber (ex-?)fanboy

It's so in your face

The fact he doesn't remember anything bad just proves the CIA's memory erasing techniques were successful.
Check mate

I would've zoned the fuck out almost immediately. Hell Matt Damon is better looking than the bitch he was trying to impress. There is nothing here to win for anyone.

Attached: 1560993812967.jpg (400x400, 17K)

She has never been described as a beautiful woman. She looks like shit.

I like your style dude

Thanks. Take this.

Attached: Lzwyz1PJ_o.jpg (1080x1313, 278K)

Well, that's certainly a possibility that I can't argue with. Consider me check'd

But Ted has motive to dismiss any influence on his life that doesn't have to do with the narrative of his ideology. If people start psychoanalyzing him then they can dismiss his manifesto as coming from childhood neglect or drugs or what have you; i.e., not genuinely intellectual. That's why he's so insistent that people acknowledge he's not crazy, and why he's so insistent that his mother and brother's conjectures about his psychology are wrong. He wants people to listen to him.

This thread is FILLED with retards who think going to college means anything. I dropped out, worked my way up, now have a Columbia and Yale grad working for me, and my company is begging me to go back to school to earn another step up. They want me to step out of my job but retain salary with college paid for and a contract for only 1 year after graduation.

And sure, this movie is certainly meant to tickle the balls of blue collar dumb types. Its a good movie but not a documentary. Some of its obnoxious as most of these movies are - Dead Poet Society is a great film, but we know there is a certain dumbing down that takes place for dramatic effect. But in work and all things, being able to drop into a conversation informed on the topic and strong in position is way more useful than stuttering social retard with a pedigree. In my expeirence I see incredible things from finance people because they are so methodical an focused, but the more dynamic and broadly intelligent people can hold a conversation with merit.

>If you skipped out on the (elite) education,
as soon as the internet took off, it became an even more elite form of education
it is purely your own fault if you are squandering the internet

I used to be smart, but I think I melted my brain by sitting on the computer for 10 years and depression too probably.

Now I'm so OCD and borderline schizo, I can barely string a coherent sentence together.

>I don't like the sound a' those apples, will. WHADDAWEGONNA DO?

>Skylar: [before leaving the bar to catch up with his friends] Maybe we could go out for coffee sometime?
>Will: Great, or maybe we could get together and just eat a bunch of caramels.
>Skylar: What?
>Will: When you think about it, it's just as arbitrary as drinking coffee.
woah really makes you think

Attached: 1554458126142.jpg (1420x1188, 169K)

Yeah, that's a good critique. He is, however, not reluctant to admit the fact that his first phase of bombings were psychologically motivated, rather than ideologically driven, to the point where I've read that he's grateful that his first phase of attacks were largely unsuccessful (for reference, his first phase of attacks targeted civilians who were not involved in the advancement of the techno-industrial system, and he later criticized McVeigh, who he befriended in prison, for attacking "pencil-pushers" and not the politicians/bureaucrats who were actually involved in Waco/Ruby Ridge/etc. decision-making).
He does have skin in the game re: his presentation by the media and his family about not being seen as psychologically stable, so it makes perfect sense that he would downplay that, but he isn't against being seen as a victim of his circumstances, and from what I've researched he seems to have been considered psychologically stable, at the time of his arrest, by psychologists who have been assigned to him post-trial to meet with him in person on a regular basis (during the trial, the psychologists hired to remark about his psychological state by his brother had not met him in person, and based their diagnoses of his mental state on his critiques of society, which is wholly, IMO, unprofessional, being that plenty of "normal" people share his concerns), to the point where he considers his assigned psychologists his friends. I don't mean to dismiss the concerns about the role that the Harvard experiments played on his development, but it's important to be skeptical of sensational journalism that pounces on these popular MKULTRA conspiracies, because it makes for a better story. And there were plenty of people involved with these tests that did not become domestic terrorists, so it seems to jump the gun to claim that the CIA created him, rather than being one of many factors that aggravated an already fragile person into becoming what he became.

Adding to this, because this post reached the character count pretty quickly, that his brother had his own psychological motivation for the media campaign to portray him as unstable, because Ted would have preferred the death sentence over imprisonment, and his brother did not want to have put his brother to death (or rather, did not want to be the reason his brother was executed). So, by presenting him as psychologically unstable in the media, his brother could influence the trial to deem him insane and get him off the death sentence.
>when they're public identity and codename are known.
Also, apologies for the they're/their mistake.

Would rather shoot myself desu