What went wrong?

Attached: 9A10F8BA-969D-46CD-A1A2-55FD9142152D.png (1024x640, 771K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XR46WbmYFyQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing. GT is better than Super.

Just because it is better than Super doesn't mean it's good.

BOOM PARA PARA

SOUL vs SOULLESS

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.74M)

Ask your Mexican relatives, Paco.

that's not exactly a high bar

This but they need to do a GT Kai.
25 eps of pure kino.

Attached: Dragon_Ball_GT_Kai.jpg (680x1000, 166K)

GT was much better written, it had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Goku in Super is a retarded manchild "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the arcs. In GT, Goku still acts like an adult with years upon years of battle experience and his relationship with his relatives, especially Pan, is natural and touching. In Super Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Freezer are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths anymore? Suddenly gods, even more godlike than all gods before can handily rewind time and even return characters from the dead? How fucking convenient. What a way to kill tension even further. GT had the balls to add serious consequences to the overuse of the titular deus ex machina, and not add more badly explained asspulls.

As for direction, Super is utterly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. GT is a work of a group of people who genuinely had a point to make.

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here is my sincere ranking:

1. "Dragon Ball GT"
2. "Dragon Ball"
3. "Dragon Ball Z"

Super isn't even a Dragon Ball series. It's a Marvel flick masquerading as one.

Attached: 01-PanRyuuShenlong_NV.jpg (488x648, 71K)

>Bro just color their hair blue/red lol
Super is such creatively bankrupt garbage. Say what you want about GT but at the very least SSJ4 was genuinely creative and eclipses any transformation in Super

By focusing on Goku and Pan instead of making it Trunks and Goten have space adventures and seduce sexy alien women while ascending through the super saiyans levels and only relying on gotenks for main bosses

That's like bragging about being the smartest kid with Down's Syndrome

The "problem" with GT is that it was too smart. People don't want to see actual character development, drama and a beautifully constructed plot progression. No. People want to see "beam struggles xD" and "kamehameha xDDD". The fact that the characters were well-written and were developed made the drooling retards confused. They should just stick with MCU movies. It was too different for monkey brains to comprehend. That you could tell stories in the same universe but not use the same tropes was a unique concept lost on the majority of viewers.

>we'll never get goku black in a good series

Attached: 1473013384488.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

I agree with you all the way until you ranked GT as first. GT is underrated sure but it's not better than Z

This a good post

>dude just give them red fur, eyeliner and pants, even if doesn't make sense lol

>GT is better than Super
That's not saying much

both are fucking soulless
both were made with the sole intention to make more money of a still popular franchise

>Super isn't even a Dragon Ball series. It's a Marvel flick masquerading as one.
Super is shit and i straight up dropped it but what kind of zoomer buzzword argument is this. what similarities do they posses at all?

Finally, a dB thread that shares my opinion that gt > > > > > watching paint dry > super

This

GT's got some bright spots. It was also very short lived anyways. Super has completely destroyed Dragonball as a franchise.

The only character in Super that is close to who they were in Z is Future Trunks. Everyone else regressed into a caricature or who they were in DB.

>"Lets make Dragon Ball but in space!"
>it flops in japan
>toriyama leaves
>"NO WAIT GUYS, SEE LOOK SS 4 GOKU LOOKS LIKE HE DID IN Z!"

Anime is a form of television

I CAN'T GET NO SATISFACTION

>ranking GT higher than DB or Z
you just lost all credibility

>both were made with the sole intention to make more money of a still popular franchise

just like the entirety of DBZ

Why are people still obsessed with Dragonball? It aged horribly and today is not even in the top 10 of best battle shounen.

They just botched the execution. The premise of some of the GT arcs are good(aside from kid goku and Super 17). GT feels more dragonball because it actually draws its plots from the previous story and links the series back to its roots. Traveling arcs to find the dragonballs, SS4 is an extension the Great Ape Oozaru form, Baby coming back as the revenge of the Turles, the neagtive dragon arc is basically a walk back through the entire series and introduces consequences for the dragon balls. The ending feels more conclusive because its ties the series together.

Super just creates new shit that copies the previous but doesn't actually do anything unique with it(lmao what if you could be a red super saiyan or a blue one!) and rambles on without end

DBZ at least was still part of the original manga. Same shit with Boruto and when One Piece ends they will also pull this crap.

The fact that so many redditors still name Super as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" Dragon Ball series ever only tells you how far reddit still is from becoming a serious site. Patricians have long recognized that the greatest Dragon Ball series of all times is Dragon Ball GT, which was not the most action-oriented or richest or best seller of its times, let alone of all times. Redditors are still blinded by commercial success. Super sold more merchandise than any other Dragon Ball series, therefore it must have been the greatest. Redditors are often totally ignorant of GT's subtleties. No wonder they will think that Super did anything worthy of being saved.

Attached: pan condom.jpg (507x380, 122K)

It's fun to watch and nostalgic. Super can fuck right off though, it's the Marvel of BD

OFF TOPIC
GO TO FAGGOT!

Weak plot both narrative and fight plot/power level

Really just low level money grabbing to capitalize on Z success

>we'll never get goku black in a good series
Turles

Imagine thinking a well known and loved show doesn't belong on Yea Forums

Nah DB > DBZ = DBGT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DBS

>redditors still name Super as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" Dragon Ball series ever
Not even Redditors have that opinion
>Patricians have long recognized that the greatest Dragon Ball series of all times is Dragon Ball GT
t. Pleb

Attached: DRAGONBALL_EVOLUTION.jpg (1961x2897, 1.44M)

>today is not even in the top 10 of best battle shounen
Which is?

GT has alot of hidden genius moments if u fags had any ability to understand underlying themes. The Tsufurujin revenge tension, Baby parasitically gaining control of Goku's loved ones, Vegeta swallowing his pre-teen envy of Goku's natural talents, which in turn made him become satisfied with himself, Pan's sexy dress and her mental development of growing up to her grandfather. And b4 anyone answers with "noncannon"... Nobody gives a shit. Goku is the protagonist, so naturally he will receive the most of screen time. The other characters got what fit their evolution at the end of Z. Don't forget characters like Yamcha and especially Tenshinhan have already been shown to go their own ways in times of peace in the past. They don't have to dickride around Goku all the time. It's how humans work which makes them relatable. And I haven't even mention how epic the villains were. Fuck all of you, im gonna go fap to Pan now

Attached: Pan training.gif (640x480, 1.73M)

>people suddenly liking GT
jesus christ its just like the Star Wars prequel apologists

Step into the grand tour
youtube.com/watch?v=XR46WbmYFyQ

Attached: 1492317723914.jpg (620x387, 41K)

Marvel lives in your head rent free doesn't it GTfag?

i don't go on reddit so maybe they do say that but whenever I see Super and GT brought up it certainly not people debating which is the best but rather which is the worst DB series.
One clearly has more originality and a more interesting and fluid art style, but theyre both just products of something that was long done and tired.

fuck super, fuck marvel, and fuck GT
but you never answered me on if your marvel argument literally comes from anywhere but autism

1. DBZ up to Namek
3. DBZ Cell
3. DB
4. DB GT
5. DB Buu
6.That one spin off with gokus grand grand son
7. Fuck Super

Marvel is crap made to appeal to nostalgia fags and the lowest common denominator. That's exactly what Super is

>even if doesn't make sense lol
there's a reason for it but i guess brainlets like you are way too dumb to understand it. stick to watching Super

Attached: fanmade vs super.webm (640x480, 412K)

MY SKIN IS COLD

Attached: 1499034163777.gif (500x281, 1023K)

fpbp

ahahahaha good pasta

based and whitepilled

fuck you great saiyaman saga is GOAT

Oh yes give me the reasoning SSJ4 has red fur, pants, and eyeliner when the Golden Oozaru had none of those things. Fucking Ikari Broly is a better transformation than SSJ4 and it's barely even one.

Attached: Enraged_Broly_Dokkan.png (750x1000, 181K)

Based

GT was for the most part episodic and felt more like a return to DB, but the execution felt lackluster. It still had some great moments and SS4 is probably the best designed transformation so far.

Super had potential with Goku Black and Zamasu but it shit the bed with how extended it was and the ending was just downright retarded. Best thing to come out from Super has been Broly but thats about it.

Post top 5 transformations
Ss2 Gohan
Golden Oozaru Goku
Ss Goku
Movie Trunks SS
Maybe First Ultra Instinct

Fuck off with your weebshit.

They explain this in GT though. SS4 is compressing the power of the Super Oozaru into a concentrated form which looks like a half monkey savage man. Why does Goku lose his eyebrows in SS3?

>Why does Goku lose his eyebrows in SS3?
because it's cool and menacing looking or something.

Attached: gvj.webm (640x360, 2.76M)