Warhammer 40K tv series

Where were you when Games Workshop actually decided to make a TV series of their best character?

warhammer-community.com/press_releases/games-workshop-and-frank-spotnitz-to-create-live-action-warhammer-40000-tv-series/

Attached: file.png (1000x400, 783K)

I'd like to see a movie version of the Space Marine game. The series is so CGI heavy that any TV series will have serious issues. Either the CGI will be used so sparingly that the 40k feeling is lost or it will look like crap. They just can't afford good CGI for so long.

The books are probably the best to come out of 40k, following the adventurer of an Inquisitor. Rather than being a war-story its more of a detective with holy authority, rooting out corruption and dangerous cults. It shows how people live in 40k, and what dangerous paths can lead to damnation.

Attached: file.png (326x500, 383K)

thats not Cain

holy fuck that sounds amazing

i look forward to the butthurt autistic screeching when they reveal the diverse cast

Since this is more low-key 40k, the most CGI they need is probably of vistas of planets and spaceships, a lot of good costumework and some CGI/practicals for various las and plasma weapons. We wont be seeing all-out war with space marines and Tyranids, but more of an Inquisitor and his buddies hunting chaos worshiping cults

This ain't Netflix, tho. The odds are low.

>Implying that's exclusive to 40k and the incels on this board don't get triggered by every piece of media
My real concern is if they're going to do the Imperium justice. It'll be hard to make a likeable main cast while also staying true to the roots of 40k.

Well they already have a black character, since Midas is one in the book. As for original characters, it will vary from planet to planet. But in the Imperium, all men(and women) serve the Emperor. It's really quite egalitarian for a theocratic imperial hellhole

I don't see how they can do justice to the setting given the presumably limited budget.

I think it would be best to do any Warhammer 40k show as a real time 3D CGI show. Like a video game cutscene. But with more polish and better directing. With the right art style combined with modern shaders something that gets reasonably close to feeling right should be possibly without costing tens of millions of dollars.

Hopefully now people will wake up and see how fucking gay 40k and it's fanbase are.

I think something like Beowulf would work fantastically for the series. I loved Beowulf.

The director worked on man in the high castle, which managed to make some of the nazis look good. But the Eisenhorn books in general is less grimderp and more human and grounded than the rest of 40k. When you put a magnifying glass to how humans live, you can only go so far

You're still going to get corrupted by chaos and then burn, heretic.

Like Midas and Medea Betancore?

If they make Alizebeth Bequin a nigger there will be top yikes.

Attached: Eisenhorn-Bequin.jpg (526x417, 28K)

I don't know if I'd call it egalitarian while hive planets exist with towering noble houses and literal slums, but I imagine its a lot easier to get along with each other when you have Orks or Tau to shit on.

The autistic screeching will appear if and when they make a wrong kind of looking master-crafter bolt pistol or Force staff.

Cast him.

Attached: Warhammer 40K The Magos Cherubael Eisenhorn.jpg (960x533, 52K)

Imperial bureaucracy is egalitarian, as in it doesn't give a fuck who you are, you will die for the Emperor. Also corrupt as fuck. By a planet to planet case it varies greatly, as you say. But most of them are tithed so heavily on manpowers that they'll have no choice but to draft female regiments even if they don't want to.

Planets like Cadia(RIP in peace) maintains almost the entirety of its population as either active personnel or reservists, male and females.

in the lowest slums there is constant gang warfare like Mad Max x1000

Chris farley

Beowulf would be very doable. A low bar even. Real time consumer grade CGI has gotten very far.

Attached: beowulf_movie_image_l[1].jpg (2102x980, 1008K)

Jim Carry

>Are you in charge?
>'How-'
>Ah-ah!
>Nope!
>Nada!

believing in or based on the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities.
>literal slums continue to exist.
the military bureaucracy might be entirely removed from the concepts of bias but the people aren't, they just have an ( in general ) easier target to aim their woes at.

>Eisenhorn
pretty based, those are the best WH40k books
the show is gonna have to be amazing to do it justice though

Preach it sista
those shitlords are *clap* the *clap* real *clap* problem, its about time someone said it.

Attached: God damn it 4channers.jpg (668x445, 56K)

Fantasy wh is better than 40k

tom hardy
>Do you feel in charge?

Not Netflix--where?

Eisenhorn books are highly based though
it barely has anything to do with Spess Marines and therefore has actual characters with depth and human characteristics

Tracking down cults, fighting demons etc

Please no.

guess i'll wait for this to get into warhammer. hope they keep the comfy aesthetic and it isn't gutted like witcher

Knowing how much GW will have their hands in this I have little reason to believe it won't be faithful to the material. I only hope their corporate autism doesn't ruin something potentially good

Attached: emperor.gif (480x360, 2.19M)

>making me go through the pain of watching every last one of Eisenhorn's friends die again and see him turn into a lonely old fanatic

Not sure I'm read for this.

The production value of Man in the High Castle was pretty damn good, so if it's being made by the same studio and is exactly halfway around the earth from Netflix HQ, I have pretty damn high hopes.

its the grimdark future, not the happy ending future

I feel bad for people who are invested in this universe
sorry bros, I feel your pain even if I never got into WH40k

This could be a good thing, amigo. I say this as a fan and player of 40k

LOOKS LIKE 40 KINO IS BACK ON THE MENU

>Eisenhorn
Thank fuck they went straight for the kino and didn't try to do Horus Heresy

Attached: 1554213529858.jpg (803x439, 41K)

ok den
I just know as a Tolkien guy that the Amazon show is going to be absolute trash and miss the mark
don't know enough about 40k to know whether this is a good idea or not, but I trust your judgment

I am cautiously optimistic. Dan Abnett is a great writer and Spotnitz might be able to work some magic. If you have any interest in 40k lore I'd recommend starting with some of Arch Warhammer's videos

>Eisenhorn! Any progress on taking down that incel cult?
>No, sir.
>You need a woman's touch. Meet your new partner.
>But, Chief, this is a man!
>Can the transphobia, Eisenhorn! We rescued her from a Chaos cult.
>Slaneesh put my soul into a male body, but I assure you, I'm all woman, honey. (Damn, this white boy is kinda sexy.)
>I'll just have to get used to this! For the Emperor!

HOLY BASED

Ykknow thats one thing ive never heard Warhammer described. Atleast no 40k. Fantasy can be kinda cosy