Manhattan (1979)

Why do you guys never talk about this kino on here?

Attached: manhattan 1979.jpg (1050x550, 99K)

mostly because i am gay

Not sure, but it's absolutely his best film. The opening scene is perhaps the best three minutes of his career. I don't even mind the underage love plot because the girl (Ernest Hemingway's niece) does such a great job. Woody Allen is underrated.

I don't like Mariel that much. The movie is good, but Annie Hall is definitely better.

>Woody Allen has a teenage girlfriend
Sometimes, fantasy movies go too far.

I agree but he is not underrated when all he did was make the same movie over and over again plus Matchpoint.

I hate Woody Allen movies because I can't take them seriously when I see a ridiculous caricature of a Jew like Woody getting romantic with beautiful aryan women
He's most definitely living out some sexual fantasy with his films

Attached: 1490743596386.jpg (1000x1375, 197K)

Well plenty of his films are underrated...
Broadway Danny Rose
The Purple Rose of Cairo
Shadows and Fog
Deconstructing Harry
Stardust Memories

Making a film a year for 40 some years there's gonna be some overlap, but most are still great judged on their own merits.

The girl is literally perfect.
I like his real explanation about why he didn't settle for her, even though she's perfect. It's not because she's young, but it's because he's one of those Rust Cohle type of guy and has a very nihilistic view on life, so he creates turmoils and conflicts in his life to not deal with difficult life questions.

Attached: Manhatan (1979).gif (499x212, 915K)

Nothing wrong with that, though,
It makes me relate to him even more.

Attached: file.png (495x275, 92K)

why is it in black & white

Aesthetics.

Because B&W is nostalgic and the films serves as a love letter to the city he loves.

Vicky Christina Barcelona was kino. Scarjo's character captured that type of person perfectly even though she didn't give the best acting performance.

Who wouldn't do the same in his position?

Yeah but Woody is an ugly dude. I'd give him a pass at making movies just for girls if he looked like Vincent Gallo. But ugly directors shouldn't put themselves on camera

Attached: 1553562726668.jpg (929x522, 63K)

the chaddest character ever

Attached: 7D622358-0A0F-4C83-92B9-D90068049726.jpg (399x594, 35K)

I can relate to that Jew because I'm also ugly.
And I don't why he being ugly makes you like movies less.

I spend however many minutes doing nothing but looking at those people's faces. I want them to be good faces.

>do you and your married friend want to, spend the day with me, take a ride on my private plane, and then have a threesome?

He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

Based welles poster

Attached: 28248298809007.jpg (382x470, 36K)

buh buh buh based

>Watching movies pre 1990
Redditors begone!
Also all movies before 1990 didn't have color and were black and white dogshit and nobody likes movies back then
The only people who do are hipsters and people with no taste
Nothing ever happened in any of the movies and it was only early 2000's where story actually mattered in movies.
Sorry, not sorry.

Pleb.

fpbp

shut hte fuck up, boomer

based

Perhaps because his opening scene represented the death of New York as a black and white classic city

>look mommy I'm shitposting!

booby allen was 50 years too late. read some books

based
>inb4 lynched, filtered, pleb