Roma 7.8

>Roma 7.8
>Avengers Endgame (literally the 20 something movie in a shit franchise) 8.7

Why is IMDB worthless?

Attached: Roma-Poster-580x860.jpg (580x860, 73K)

>Cleodegaria "Cleo" Gutiérrez is an indigenous live-in maid in an affluent household in the Colonia Roma neighborhood of Mexico City.
>shit pretentious mexican boring film about some mexican maid
>MY DRAMA, MY BLACK AND WHITE, IT MUST BE GOOD, FUCK DRUMPF

I don't have to watch that piece of shit to know Endgame is way better, in literally all field, yes, even photography. Come at me niggers. The scene with Cap wielding Mjolnir cannot be topped by any stupid drama about a maid

Both are junk, only one is for normies and the other is for arthoes.

>even photography
Kek Endgame looked like shit and Roma looked very nice

Rome is the emperor's new clothes. It's anticinema, and one of the most dishonest, cowardly works I've had the displeasure to be bored to tears by.

It shields itself from legitimate criticism of its nonexisting plot and paper-thin characters via camera tricks and pretentiousness. In fact, I would say it lacks substance on purpose, so that it can insulate itself in an air of symbolism and "show-not-tell" (Ultimately it doesn't show nor tell anything), which of course makes critics cum buckets since giving good reviews to artsy gargabe gives legitimity to their job and allows them to distantiate themselves from the plebian masses.

I'm not surprised it was released via netflix, as everything they produce feels like it was designed by ticking off items on a checklist of audiences and genres in an executive board meeting. It's manufactured, soulless oscarbait (Even though it didn't win, you can tell it was made for a netflix movie to win best picture, thus "legitimizing" streaming service movies),

TL;DR it's shit

When you achieved maximum contrarianism. Whine all you want about spics, but if there's one think Inarritu is undeniably exceptional at is photography.

i hate capeshit and havent seen either of them but my guess is endgame is actually better than the 10000th muh poor brown people "art" film

based af

IMDB is filled with normalfags, soccer moms and pseudos. It's a good resource (outside of making adult listings unsearchable) but its ratings should of course never be taken seriously.

Attached: yummygarbage.jpg (470x470, 44K)

Roma is just another shitty knockoff of "City of God".

topkek

nice pasta. gravity was the most empty nonsense cashgrab i've ever seen, its literally zero substance. i guess roma is the oscarbait version of that lmao.

both are shit though

Because Endgame is

>Actually entertaining
>The ending of the arc of many characters
>Has a better story
>Better worldbuilding
>More complex plot
>Better special effects, cinematography, sound effects etc

Fuck, it is superior in way more than that. Shills want to sell those boring mediocre dramas as something 'deep' while it's just a lazy portrayal of hispanic costumbrismo that has been seen thousands of times.

>The scene with Cap wielding Mjolnir cannot be topped by any stupid drama about a maid

Attached: 7E3D8288-ACEF-4E54-B1C5-C6D08B35FB3E.png (210x240, 6K)

honest and based

>I actually do not feel anything about that scene of a mexican maid crying but I pretend I care so that girl that likes artsy movies maybe gives me a chance instead of the 6'3 dude that watchs only capeshit

Attached: ipayforthings.png (644x800, 30K)

capeshit is literal creative bankruptcy, but I have to begrudgingly agree here because fuck pretentious oscarbait

Some critics said that the point of that movie is that normal real life can be beautiful and dramatic too. Probably another movie did a better job with that concept

Attached: FCCDFC8A-0992-4124-8ECB-C3453C9F45F8.jpg (225x225, 11K)

shawshank is always hilarious

Roma was great, Endgame was decent but overly long and boring. There’s a reason no one talks about any part of the film except the ending. The last hour is when Endgame actually becomes entertaining and good. The rest is a mixed bag.

fpbp
>oscarbait
this - the poster reeks of tryhard ''pls love us, academy'' phoned-in drama, cuz they know the film has nothing else to sell itself with.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Roma is filled to the brim with substance

>Roma is filled to the brim with substance
lol

>t. brainlet