"Reimagining The Little Mermaid"

What did the maus mean by this? Unironically.

Attached: mermaid.jpg (1212x1705, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BzqPDEEHQps/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I appreciate 3 things:
>cucks sperging over this crap
>the obvious financial flop it will be
>black men sperging about muh white male and black waman

Attached: 1509380475662.gif (200x200, 787K)

she looks like MJ

I must admit I got triggered when they did this, but then Disney decided to make her love interest a white man.

Now, I'm suddenly not mad anymore :)

I never watched the original because I'm not a little girl. They could cast an hippopotamus for that I care. However it is amusing to see Disney is saying making the memrmaid black is reimagining the character. What does this mean? Are black people some extra terrestrial species?

I dunno about you, but as a white man, I would happily fill her up with mixed babies, which would then be taught history/how to live by a white man such as myself.

rewriting the original plot to be about women empowerment just like they did with aladdin and b&b

It just seems really odd to me to make Little Mermaid black, given that the original Ariel has such a distinctive, easily-recognized appearance. It doesn't really bother me at this point, hell a black Belle probably would have been better than Emma Watson. These live-action remakes have all been garbage anyway.

It just seems weird that, of all the Disney princesses to recast as black, they chose one with such an iconic look. Though I suppose that, come to think of it, there really aren't any other candidates to turn black.

- Aurora, Cinderella, and Belle have all been cast as white girls in last 5 years. Also Kristen Stewart was Snow White in 2012.
- Pocahontas, Mulan, and Jasmine all have non-white ethnicities to start with.
- Nappy Rapunzel would be funny, can't see Disney doing that one though.

That leaves only... Idris Elba as Hercules and a black Hunchback of Notre Dame.

The line says Halle Berry but that's some young chick, who the fuck's that? If unrelated, why the hell would they cast boomer Halle Berry? I thought Zendaya was playing Ariel.

This unironically

>as a white man
((( )))

Bailey

You should cut your balls off, make us a favor.

History is always written by the winners.

Attached: C24A343B-2661-4D97-B42B-4F9EEDCC1D42.png (419x665, 38K)

>It just seems really odd to me to make Little Mermaid black
It gets media buzz for what would otherwise be an easily-forgettable flop.

And I suppose it's too hard to get passionate, creative folks to make a proper movie that would make big bucks because good stories never go out of fashion or demand? Fuck's sake. Kikes ruin everything.

maybe it takes place in space and she's an alien mermaid on an aquatic planet. I'd watch that.

>It gets media buzz for what would otherwise be an easily-forgettable flop.
Beauty and the Beast didn't flop and it was an awful movie.

Yup, that's what the Portuguese did in Brazil and it worked alright for the hues! Being mixed works, just look at Brazil.

just look

Attached: aryane_steinkopf-2835.jpg (1000x667, 141K)

>Yea Forums rages and seethes about Blade Runner 2049's existence
>Yea Forums instead insists that any live action kid crap from Disney or Marvel is the gold standard of kino
The mouse can only do good here according to this board.

Can they not get an attractive negress at least?

Attached: 1563379349334.jpg (1057x1463, 388K)

It means we want to make a quick buck off name recognition and keep the copyright extension running for a few more years.

Lupita is a fucking queen

i'm still holding out for a coal black adaptation

Lupita is busy making original future hit movies

instagram.com/p/BzqPDEEHQps/

Attached: 0193C43E-547A-48EE-AABD-1007FB314124.jpg (1000x1310, 231K)