What is the best Paul Thomas Anderson movie?

Attached: 73551_v9_bb.jpg (1080x1440, 272K)

Phantom Thread

Mortal Kombat

There Will Be Blood, hands down

I'm not sure, but I do know this.

Attached: pta.jpg (683x1024, 170K)

Junun

Inherent Vice, don't @ me

punch drunk love because it's his one film that feels least derivative of another director

Why is this dude so overrated?
There Will Be Blood is his only good movie

>no Phantom Thread
Yes I am a PIG FUCK but come on

>the best living director alive is a race-mixer

should I trust him or /pol/?

You should watch the early Godards then, especially A Woman Is a Woman.

Attached: a-woman-is-a-woman.jpg (1440x750, 143K)

That's unironically one of his worst flicks. TWBB imdb tier Yea Forumsedditinocore.

based and kinopilled

The Master, but thats the patrician choice so some of you may not agree.

Alien vs. Predator

Check out this contrarian

McGuyver is his only relevant work, sadly.

Nah boogie nights is unwatchable trash

>best American film of the last century
>"that's one of his worst flicks"
Never change guys

the Maya Rudolph sex tape

The Master, but unironically

t. Mark Whalberg who is now convinced Boogie Nights is somehow anti-Christian and anti-Catholic

oh i know it's still derivative but at least he's cribbing from something a little more obscure than altman's magnum opus or the best picture winner of the 1941 academy awards

Being a PTA fan is suffering but at least you can know that you're appreciating one of the greats before his death when everyone will call him the new Kubrick and pretend like they always liked him

He said that he's ashamed of that movie.

Boogie Nights is my favorite, but There will be blood is probably his best.

This

His best is objectively Magnolia
Personal favorite is Boogie Nights

Attached: 7BD8F6A8-F57A-487A-8842-7A8BC209847B.png (320x240, 56K)

>There Will Be Blood
Jesus christ that's cringey

>ONE of his worst flicks
Boogie Nights is a capeshit tier "movie buff" enabling shitfest, yes.

I hope you're a dumb 18 year old who only started paying attention to movies outside of the MCU in the last 6 months, if not you're beyond saving.
>There Will Be IMDB enabling video game pandering
What ignorance about the cinema!

>Boogie Nights is a capeshit tier "movie buff" enabling shitfest, yes.
Yes it's dogshit

>OMG it's on IMDb top 250 guise and RDR referenced it so it's awful!
Get laid

PTA is the Radiohead of film. No one over the age of 17 should have any respect for him at all. Cast him aside like Nolan and Tarantino and all of your other childish things.

Toy chest cinema.

>it's bad because it has a high imdb rating
You have to be 18+ to post on this site

>best American film of the century
>directed by Paul Thomas Anderson
LMAO

If it was a genuinely good film then IMDB users and people who play video games wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

Well yes user, any movie made the last 20 years that has a high IMDB rating is usually shit compared to movies that have less good ratings

>it's bad because it has a high imdb rating
This logic is actually fairly sound. Maybe it's "good" viewed purely as pleb feed, but in terms of artistic merit it's certainly bad if teenagers (and adults with the sensibilities of teenagers) are enjoying it.

color palettes make a film derivative? nothing is ever entirely original you fucking morons, no one has shot a film in a truly novel way since the 40s.

Magnolia

Retard

Attached: yikes.gif (498x498, 1.28M)

Oh yeah

Punch Drunk Love

Inherent Vice is slowly becoming one of my favorites

>IMDB high rating means its good
So I guess Avengers Endgame is kino then

Or maybe, just maybe, a film's quality is independent of its imdb rating.
Radical thought, I know
Fucking idiot

How about IMDb rating has no bearing at all on a film's quality and only plebs care about it

>Caring about ratings
plebs

The onions fueled r/movies "film buff" watches There Will Be Blood as his, so called, intellectual main course before ending the night with the latest marvel release as his "fun" dessert.

Me? I'm getting into bar fights and watching the latest Harmony Korine joint.

Listen it isn't rocket science, most films that have over an 8 average that were made recently are usually dogshit for zoomer retards and movies in the 6s and 7s are better

Hard Eight is playing rn if you wanna come watch with us

>This logic is actually fairly sound.
Saying this without backing it up isn't an argument. I'm sure this sounded smart in your head. But on paper it makes you look childish and disingenuous.

Good IMDB rating always equals bad film but mediocre to bad IMDB ratings can go either way. It's a good rule of thumb to avoid anything rated over 7.5/10 IMO, especially if it's a recent film.

>usually
That's worthless and a bad argument

It's not worthless nor a bad argument. Literally 9/10 times or more it's a trash movie. Do you want me to go find recent ones that are trash and prove it?

>PTA is the Radiohead of film.
two gen x mediocrities. fitting they collaborate so often.

Name 5 best American films of this century.

I'll do without your cherry picking but thanks

It's not cherrypicking, any overrated "epic" capeshit or trash oscarbait movie made the last 5-6 years has over an 8 on imdb

>Blank is the blank of blank
Great criticism

I am aware, there are still plenty of good and even great movies that have high scores on imdb.com

Only films made with the pro-entertainment ethos get rated highly on IMDB. Pro-entertainment is the opposite of art. The opposite of quality. Peak cinema is punishment and suffering. Being dragged across the concrete. Being curbstomped by an ascended auteur. Bones splintered. Flesh torn from your body.

You don't deserve to live and you certainly don't deserve to be entertained.

No there really isn't because they are offset by the trash nolan reddit flicks getting high scores everytime

Godard is shit. PTA was way more inspired by Tati for PDL.

TWATi can suck my balls.

I don't love Nolan but I wouldn't call his movies trash. Come on, list them so we can point and laugh at your taste

The Master. Only ones who disagree are PIG FUCKS

>I wouldn't call his movies trash
Well user his movies have shit editing and framing and directing so I would

No film with built in memetic catchphrases can be considered serious cinema. This is what we call a flick made with Reddit in mind. The script was literally written to get upvoted.

dude i drink your milkshake lol

Any line can become a meme

Shhhhh don't tell the retards

Nolan is shit that's true. Now name the best american films of the century you fucking faggot.

Whatever you really dislike

Marvel films?

No something else besides superheros that you hate

Inherent Vice

The Nun, The Predator, Mortal Engines?

Underrated

You're wrong but you get that name in there