Does anyone else here go to bed watching old World War documentaries?

Lately I've been watching WW2 in color and it's pretty good. Any other similar recommendations?

Attached: ww2incolor.jpg (512x288, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SK37K5WufE4&list=LLnSs6_nXWSqNnxmMulF9_JQ&index=44&t=0s
youtu.be/8t0_b7iuxiU
youtu.be/3kJE-6HeLZE
youtu.be/ZAsXB73TXSc
youtu.be/BgeJo7l9NUk
youtu.be/zrQa8jxAI-A
youtu.be/_wmWSpdaNWg
youtu.be/EuyBCbdnYxw
youtu.be/eouCFW3-oTc
youtu.be/BzcVhWjxaEs
youtu.be/oJPTDDSM09U
youtube.com/watch?v=U_UryFjKUsM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That one is pretty good, if not slightly biased against Hitler at the start. It also seems biased for Hitler against Stalin though so I suppose it’s a wash.

1. Doesn’t cover the Versailles treaty with regards to AH and its successor states and how they too didn’t like Poland
2. Doesn’t really even frame Saarland situation fairy.

Now that I think about it it’s not fair at all to France either. Basically dismissed them as retards.

Overall 7.5/10.

It’s the best I’ve seen at the whole picture but it’s still a narrative without a good explanation for the preamble. It simplifies it down to HITLER DID IT, when in reality every country that wasn’t France USA or England was not happy with Versailles and something would have blow up the powered keg just like in 1914

It's too Anglo-centric in some parts too.

Blames America's struggles during Overlord on not using Hobart's Funnies, when Omaha turned into a meatgrinder because DD Sherman (a Funny design) couldn't swim in rougher seas. The Pacific theater episodes pay more attention to the irrelevant Burma & Malaysia campaigns as they do to the Pacific Islands.

youtube.com/watch?v=SK37K5WufE4&list=LLnSs6_nXWSqNnxmMulF9_JQ&index=44&t=0s

I stay up all night I got to sleep watchin Dragnet

The World at War (1973) is the best one I've ever seen and the most comprehensive. You might have to look for a torrent.

I want something like that to watch falling asleep but I don't want to have more dreams about being in firefights in warzones they are always very horrible

I used this specifically to fall asleep to after I had watched it all already.

Its visually the best WW2 doc because of the colour, the audio is good and its well paced in terms of drama. Reading an actual book really highlighted its shortcomings, though. It lacks A LOT of details and not much analysis.

This, it is probably the best for falling asleep because it makes the war pretty comfy tb h.

i so since i watched the sopranos.

this

>Now that I think about it it’s not fair at all to France either. Basically dismissed them as retards.
accurate

Cont...
youtu.be/8t0_b7iuxiU
youtu.be/3kJE-6HeLZE
Based on the historian's books.

youtu.be/ZAsXB73TXSc
youtu.be/BgeJo7l9NUk
youtu.be/zrQa8jxAI-A
youtu.be/_wmWSpdaNWg
Good for sleeping and looks at lesser known campaigns.

youtu.be/EuyBCbdnYxw
youtu.be/eouCFW3-oTc
youtu.be/BzcVhWjxaEs
Lots of historians' analyses.

Blood Upon the Snow has the best opening.
youtu.be/oJPTDDSM09U

World War 2 shouldn't be this comfy, but it is.

almost every night user. that or some sort of boat/warship doc. maybe some space docs. YT is very comfy to fall asleep to.

this is short, but it always works even though i've probably watched it a few dozen times now.

youtube.com/watch?v=U_UryFjKUsM

Attached: 1509481211_1331718454234.jpg (800x900, 64K)

>Colour
They do know America won WWII right?

all fucking Germans must fucking hang

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVYJfgK-N1s

this series is kino. my main complaint is that they dont focus enough on the east

vas'up mein homie

Is there any version of Triumph of the Will in color?