What's the oldest film you've seen to it's completion?

It doesn't have to be something that you've actually liked, I just want to see how far Yea Forums has gone into film past. Pic related, it made me realize what how awesome German Expressionism was

Attached: 1552187324719 (1).jpg (800x1200, 529K)

Nosferatu and Fritz Lang's stuff if you don't count early cinematograph experiments.

It's pretty amazing

Attached: pNpOXpQI5GSUfiWypubYtMh9928.jpg (1280x1920, 508K)

Based

i liked silent the one with the robot broad and the metal boobes.

earliest feature length for me was L'inferno (1911) but i've seen well over 300 silent films by now

this is the oldest 1hour+ film i've seen, otherwise trip to the moon

Attached: 123213123.jpg (474x769, 39K)

Same for me.
If we're considering fully-surviving feature-length narrative films as 'film', this is the oldest answer you can possibly give.

Metropolis

I watched Louise Brooks and Theda Bara films, not many of them around sadly.

Trip to the Moon is great, I watched it last night and it syncs nicely to Moonage Daydream -> Space Oddity -> Life on Mars.

I think the oldest movie I ever saw was Top Gun

Not a "movie" by today's standards but it's definitely considered to be one of the first narrative films, Blacksmith Scene (1893). If that doesn't count on account of its length then it would have to be Vie et passion de notre seigneur Jesus Christ (1903).

A Trip To The Moon from 1902, unless you count Roundhay Garden Scene which is from 1888. Gif related is literally the whole thing.

Attached: 72844797-4FB1-4880-8AD1-AEE4218EB339.gif (320x168, 858K)

He Who Gets Slapped (1924)
>Dat lion scene
Also makes me wanna watch more Lon Chaney flicks.

>listening to bavid dowie while watching silent kino
I really hope this is ironic; you might as well have smeared shit on the screen and licked it off until the film was over

Probably City Lights.

A Trip to the Moon
The Birth of a Nation
Broken Blossoms
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
Nosferatu
The Last Laugh
Battleship Potemkin
Metropolis
October
The Jazz Singer
The Circus
The Pasion of Joan D'Arc

And others. But if you ask me what is the oldest film that I can say I really like, then it has to be Dr. Strangelove.

Prob Caligari, or Trip to the Moon for non-feature length. The oldest movie I legitimately love is The Big Heat though

These. Watching the earliest stuff possible to get a better grasp on the history of film was essential for me before I got into the broader medium.

I've seen lots of silent shorts from Melies and such. If you only count narrative films then probably something from Alice Guy Blache or DW Griffith.

I like Louise Brooks too. Diary of a Lost Girl is my favorite. It criticized the decadent Weimar era and prostitution and perversion of the time accurately.

Attached: DIARY-OF-A-LOST-GIRL2050.jpg (1000x621, 115K)

You watched all those and didn't love a single one?

You don't like anything from before the 50s?

>But if you ask me what is the oldest film that I can say I really like, then it has to be Dr. Strangelove
What a fucking retard

>But if you ask me what is the oldest film that I can say I really like, then it has to be Dr. Strangelove.
lol