Be Kathleen

>be Kathleen
>work for Lucas and Spielberg
>earn Lucas trust and blessing
>become Lucasfilm President as a condition of the deal with Igar
>be blessed with one of the beloved IPs beloved by white male Americans but with a pre existing divers following outside of that demographic.
>Promise Lucas to his face to honor the legacy of the characters “as you enviontied them”
>decid your going to use it to push fringe social and political ideas becomes they are popular on Twitter and Tumblr.
>Imediatly start hiring schlocky soi and feminist writers like Wendig and the Galaxy Edge period lady,
>possibly Claudia Grey
>Paul S Kempf and Luceno are the only writers who understand the lore and setting
>Movie promises Skywalker/Solo family reunion and based black man stormtrooper Jedi
>Its all a lie and a feminist power fantasy that ignores traditional story telling and basic story writing basics taught in fucking high school and college.
>EA fucks up the video games
>SJW shit gets pushed in the novels and comics
>Rebels under funded
>The second movie insults fans of both Lucas trilogy and lectures us about feminism instead of the philosophical, Arthurian, and shakespearean concepts established by Lucas
>super fans trash it on rotten tomatoes
>people at Lucasfilm and in the media attack the fan base with political insults.
>fans and YouTubers attack Kennedy and derail any hype for Solo
>it bombs
>attack fans again
>cancel Obi-Wan movie
>People are indifferent to the series and the final installment of a trilogy of trilogies.

Attached: 3F0BCA2A-9343-4E62-A12A-C7AD7712C196.jpg (1024x1024, 59K)

Never trust a woman

That’s a pretty good summary.
Star Wars is dead. Mourn it and move on.

all she proved is that if she doesnt work under a man shes incompetent

Your whole shitpost breaks down the minute you realize the sequels are actually good flicks and far better than the steaming piles of shit that are the prequels.

>b-but muh feminism, muh poc
Not an argument.

hardcore autists, the general audience and even the actors seem to disagree

>nuWars
>better than prequels
that's where you are wrong, kiddo

>Finn objectively would have been a better main character then Rey given the setup and marketing of his character.
>he is reduced to a 3PO like character who gets saved by a tubby asian lady.

Attached: 30539393-B917-41A7-9DC3-DEE9D83E64F0.gif (500x731, 1.34M)

Ep 9 still makes $2 billion. Like it or not these movies make money and normal fags aren't obsessing over political statements and gay shit like that. They just want to watch star wars so they can talk to other people about how they watched the new star wars and it was brilliant.
Truth be told what should crash and burn is the whole movie industry. Such tired ideas and politics play a huge role in the downfall of cinema.

Attached: rian-johnson.jpg (696x467, 135K)

Oh look, a shitposting troll.

>Ep 9 still makes $2 billion
TLJ Jedi only made 1.3 and solo pretty much bombed.

STFU RUIN!

I want to see her fucked by baboons

Attached: 18782333212.jpg (706x681, 48K)

You know that TLJ made nowhere near 2-billion and came about half-a-billion beneath Disney's earning estimates, right?

wasnt even TFA underperforming? i think investors expected half a billion more in earnings

I imagine Finn will do less cause of China

>$1.3 billion
>Bombed
Hate to say it but star wars fans are delusional. This is a success easy. Just like Solo. A complete sucess!

She is a cancer in the industry now, she’s involved with the BAFTAs and so now all films must show “diversity” or they will not be nominated no matter how good they are. Fucking Commie cunt.

>possibly Claudia Grey
>dissing Claudia grey

Attached: alternate-stopped-reading-there.jpg (1153x823, 577K)

They have to make alot more per year to actually earn on their investment into buying star wars

its bombing when investors expected 2 billion
i know you are trolling but whats the point of it?

the fact that disney is doing a complete 180 on all decisions shows that they fucked up and are trying to put out the fire

TLJ is the only one that's had any serious backlash from the general audience, and rightly so as it was dogshit, the others were recieved well enough.

I haven’t made up my mind. I think she is definitely one of the better writers.

I actually agree with you somewhat but the problem with the new star wars is all the characters are so flat and boring visually and characteristically and there are way way too many social undertones in the newest film the last jedi. The only real good character was Finn but they cast him aside for Rey in the last jedi, so pretty much everything was okay until The last jedi

>well enough
yikes

Exactly. TFA while I didn’t like it being New Hope 2.0 at least set the stage for new things to happen. TLJ also shat on that movie as well.

Investors expect the impossible nowadays. Especially in the movie/game industry. Earnings are through the roof, never been better and CEOs are getting spots in top 10 Forbes, yet it still doesn't hit their (((earning estimates))). I can't even find the words to describe their level of greed

Attached: Folie_des_grandeurs_'72.jpg (273x364, 23K)

I hate to agree with this but yeah, I have co workers old enough to see the originals in theaters and they have this exact same reasoning, the only thing they don't like is Luke dying a lonely hobo.

Nice 2nd grade reading comprehension

>The only real good character was Finn
I don't understand this? Finn is like the worst character in TFA, a literal nigger in the most insulting sense of it

Please come to galaxy's e-edge, bros...

Attached: sw main character.jpg (810x1553, 665K)

Finn's character is utterly baffling, because the fuck ups are so obvious and could have been easily rectified
>7 has him a traumatised deserter due to seeing a comrade die
>who laughs while he guns down his former comrades in a daring escape
>who then starts running away like a coward
>who then finally learns to make a stand
>who then starts running away again in the next movie
I know Johnson is too soi soaked to realise it, but the contradictions could easily be explained by him being a basket case due to the failed conditioning.
It would have been clever to bring it up as a plot point that part of him wants nothing to do with war, while another part revels in it. If only there was some sort of character you could pair him with, who's a veteran soldier and likely sympathetic to trauma, and could help resolve it. Possibly in a buddy side plot segment.

It's not what JJ intended, they're simply his fuck ups he was too lazy to spot, but it's something you could damage control in spite of his hackery.

Attached: 1521739763957.png (1000x1000, 1008K)

Thats actually kinda nice. But youre speaking about trauma, and our writers' idea of that is sneed

The problem with Finn's character is that he never at any point has a motivation or arc that can fit into the story of Rey the God, let alone star war's tone.

>Being morally conflicted about killing doesn't work because imperials are subhuman fiends that can be killed at will.
>Going from coward to hero is only meaningful if you're the main character and your actions have meaningful consequences for the story (or you die doing something heroic) However, Rey is the MC and nothing Finn does is relevant or meaningful to the outcome of the story because Rey needs to do all that stuff, hence the need to reboot his character after the first movie.

The only story that Finn could have had is being some hardened veteran who comes good after finding something worth fighting for. A la Han Solo's story.
Abram's permanently fucked the character by pussying out of actually making the character an imperial and turning him into a generic every-man who would normally be the heroes journey candidate, but can't be because he's a side character.

>DUDE LEIAS MASTER SPY!!! WOAHHH!

>it's LITERALLY just some fucking woman nigger AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i was actually sorta interested for one sec until i scrolled down

>generic every-man
black is not normal or generic

Having Finn be ideologically on the side of the Empire because he believes in having a unified, socially cohesive society with strict rule of law but eventually turning to the Rebellion because of corruption and nepotism in the higher ranks, while still believing in his principals would have been kino.

>master spy
>a fucking Resistance logo on her jacket
Standards are not what they used to be.

At this point, I’d buy their strategies relying on nobody assuming they’d be as fucking retarded as they seem to be.