Yea Forums hates live action remakes of animated classics

>Yea Forums hates live action remakes of animated classics
>loves lord of the rings
I guess most of you are just too young to remember

Attached: 10261108_ori.jpg (600x338, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2N_2TOUOdEc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Unless you want to count the Leonard Nimoy song, nobody thinks this is a classic.

Yea Forums hates SHITTY remakes.

Like all the souless cash in shit Disney's been shoveling out

Except PJ's LotR wasn't a live action adaptation of the animated Bashki movie, but an adaptation of the original book by Tolkien you cross-eyed knuckle-dragging mouth-breathing retard.

This

It's not a remake, it's just an adaptation of the same source material.

>he may not know about the ring-wraith coordinated stab in the tavern scene

>I guess most of you are just too young to remember

Yes user, the movie came out in 1978. Most living people are too young to remember.

1. wrong movie
2. the song wasn't in the movie

It was shit though

Why was gollum a frog?

Attached: GollumPointHobbit.png (603x433, 149K)

Ok but Jackson lifted a lot from the Bakshi version (although for a while he claimed he never saw it for some reason). From little stuff like the comedy shot of the PROUDFEET guy to the staging of major scenes like the hobbits encountering the wraith on the road to completely original scenes Bakshi added like the stabbing of the beds.

Wrong movie you insolent zoomer. Bakshi's Golum was more of a crackhead.

Attached: BunHOeCCcAAYOWU.jpg (600x442, 46K)

>all these dipshits ITT mistaking animated LOTR with the animated Hobbit

Wrong.

Only faggot would make a thread like this. The only thing that animated show did better was the way Lady Galad reacted to the ring and Gandalf standing against the witch king at minas tirith

Yea Forums hates both Lord of the Rings and most animated things.

Yea Forums just loves boring foreign dramas about nothing.

John Hurt >>>> Biggo Viggo

If only this was true

God i wish that were the case

The Bakshi LotR isn't great, but it's much better than the terrible Peter Jackson movies

Is The Thing not a remake because all three films are based on the same source material? Is the new Rocky Horror not a remake because they're both based off of the musical? Is the Shining from the 90s not a remake because it's just and adaptation of the same source material? This argument is dumb because so much of cinema is adaptation, so saying adaptations can't be remakes doesn't make any sense. I guess you'd also say that the new Beauty and the Beast film isn't a remake either

>Is The Thing not a remake because all three films are based on the same source material? Is the new Rocky Horror not a remake because they're both based off of the musical? Is the Shining from the 90s not a remake because it's just and adaptation of the same source material?
Yes

How specifically?

No one cares about rotoscoped Bakshit

Filthy midges, tricksy, false

So when they eventually remake A Clockwork Orange, are you gonna tell everyone that it's not a remake, because both of them are adaptations?

okay zoomie

You'd have to be a literal boomer whose mind was permanently burned out by cheap LSD in the 70s to see any value in Bakshit

That movie falls apart in the second half. Especially the the cheaply rotoscoped orcs. It's like they ran out of money half way through production.

that song wasn't in the animated movies
but this kino was youtube.com/watch?v=2N_2TOUOdEc

>It's like they ran out of money half way through production.

It's not like that, it is that.

okay zoomie

The lotr cartoon was shit though.

I prefer the Rankin/Bass Hobbit and Return of the King.

If the primary source they're making the new adaptation from is the old movie and not the original source it was adapted from it's a remake.

So no, the 90's Shining TV adaptation is not a remake because it was made to be a more faithful adaptation of the book than the more famous movie was. Disneyshit remakes of their own films that were based on fairy tales or whatever are remakes because they're not making a new adaptation of that fairy tale, they're rehashing their own shit.

the new thing is set up as a prequel to the carpenter film though

Bakshi's Fire and Ice was superior

TOLKIEN POWER RANK

>Jackson's Fellowship of the Ring
>Rankin / Bass Hobbit
>Jackson's Return of the King
>Jackson's Two Towers
>Rankin / Bass Return of the King
>Bakshi's Lord of the Rings
>Jackson first Hobbit
>Jackson's second Hobbit
>Jackson's third Hobbit

Attached: hobbit.jpg (1497x1500, 645K)

>meanwhile, on bizzarro Yea Forums

I'll add to this that the new IT arguably is not a remake of the 90s TV movie.

Good rankings. RB Hobbit is easily better than Hackson's.

>the quality of the film doesnt matter
OP smokes dicks

twin towers is better than return of the king
you know its true

>From little stuff like the comedy shot of the PROUDFEET guy
Protip: that's exactly how Tolkien described it in the book.

WHERE THERE'S A WHIP

Attached: Middle-earth Tier.png (1086x1124, 695K)

I don't think Tolkien describes the comedy editing or low angle shot. And if he does fuck you anyway because Jackson literally says in the commentary he was homaging Bakshi in that scene.

lolno

Yes, you call it a "readaptation"