Disney is so creatively bankrupt they plagiarized Back's Air on G-String for Lion King

Title in question, "Simba Is Alive!"
Old, perfectly fine track: youtube.com/watch?v=t2HCMiOj0aU
New track by Hans Zimmer: youtube.com/watch?v=U-JRJPwDRNY
Bach's Air on G-String: youtube.com/watch?v=GMkmQlfOJDk
I get that Bach's work is no longer copyrighted, but seriously, how lame can you get?

Attached: 2019-07-17 16_13_09-Hans Zimmer - Simba Is Alive! (From _The Lion King__Audio Only) - YouTube.png (625x601, 642K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cFswFI7fqxU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Bach's work is no longer copyrighted
was it ever?

Disney can't create anything new

Never, OP is a retarded faggot.

The Last Jedi

They made it a salt planet instead of snow, i'll give you that

>Back's

Well, when Bach was still alive, I would presume. Unless there was no copyright law back then, which I doubt.

It made Luke into something other than a bing bing binger and upset all the manchildren

Lion King was already a creatively bankrupt movie since it's nothing but a fucking balless ripoff of Kimba The White Lion, so if anything the track plagiarism fits.

>Back

Not the first time they did this.

Attached: disneyripoffs-in.jpg (500x958, 150K)

Soundtracks have been based on classical music for as long as Hollywood has been around. Even Star Wars did it. But goddamn what a tired, unoriginal choice of classical to steal from.

>Unless there was no copyright law back then
Yes you idiot, copyright is a very new thing, only started during the height of the printing press revolution.

>a bing bing binger
A what? Jesus christ you niggers and your cottonspeak.

Movie scores have always stolen from classical music though.

Friendly reminder that Disney will copyright the new track Zimmer made, and sue anyone who makes something that their army of lawyers "conclude" is the same, which means if someone pays tribute to Bach they will sue it for sounding like a track they own

Hans Zimmer is mostly a hack. I've enjoyed a couple of his soundtracks (pirates 1/2, dunkirk) but for the most part he just shits out the most bland and uninteresting score possible.

>Bach's G-String

It must be nice having such powerful attorneys that you can blatantly rip off whatever you want, regardless of how shamelessly similar it is, and then tell the original creator to go fuck themselves.

I don't know if that's enough for a plagiarism suit, and Sony isn't exactly a small company either.

Well is not the first time
youtube.com/watch?v=cFswFI7fqxU

For Gladiator he took from Holst's "Mars, the bringer of war", I don't think is a negative thing because everything is a remix, it comes from something before.
This is the only thing that worries me, althought is going to be interesting now that Youtube has made it that if you make too many claims for copyright you can actually get banned from the system and I wonder if Google will actually have the ball to enforce it and ban corporations such as Universal.

There's a difference between knowingly copying an existing composition and making an original composition that might bear a resemblance to something previous.

either way, by the current law, he no longer holds a copyright because he's been dead for too long.

Agreed

>Back

Attached: Spac.png (500x535, 436K)

Either way nothing you moron. It was literally never an issue

>Zimmer
Well at least he's copying someone else from 400 years ago instead of copying himself from 10 years ago

>instead of copying himself from 10 years ago
There are times when watching Indiana Jones that it feels like Williams recycled star wars music that he did not use.