It's a bolt improperly tightened during maintenance 20 years ago kills a hundred people episode

>It's a bolt improperly tightened during maintenance 20 years ago kills a hundred people episode

Attached: 1313698_Wallpaper2.jpg (640x480, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/k_NT43aJ_Jw
youtu.be/bLmzy8ZPgtc
youtube.com/watch?v=jVvt7hP5a-0
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522
youtu.be/5avi26t8Xpo?t=149
youtube.com/watch?v=sPdwCnwuZ8w
forum.deathaddict.co/threads/atc-recording-of-mid-air-sollision-over-frederick-airport.33529/#post-328153
youtube.com/watch?v=7sUWC2jfjqI
youtube.com/watch?v=u7H9XjTTy08
youtube.com/watch?v=v0Cg2ZeYa5E
youtube.com/watch?v=RrttTR8e8-4
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroflot_Flight_593
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TAM_Transportes_Aéreos_Regionais_Flight_402
youtu.be/mC8bHxgdHH4
youtube.com/watch?v=uK_4V3zqAvg
youtube.com/watch?v=C35DrtPlUbc
youtu.be/Vw0rlDs5tgs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XL_Airways_Germany_Flight_888T
youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

where is the vid for this?

>it's a literal space age nightmare episode

Attached: last photo of the helios.jpg (700x467, 26K)

youtu.be/k_NT43aJ_Jw

>it's a tiny metal plate fallen from a DC-10 causes an accident

Attached: 0527656.jpg (580x326, 65K)

>guy at workstation monitoring stuff
>gets up to grab some coffee
>while he's away, warning message flashes setting up the ensuing shitshow

Attached: 1562997285789.jpg (1125x1137, 88K)

For me, it’s air accident case study videos on YouTube

youtu.be/bLmzy8ZPgtc

>It's a Pitot tubes episoded

it's a people had better tech sixty years ago episode

>its a baneposter kills 150 people with no survivors episode

"Lets get going"

Attached: klm.jpg (368x270, 22K)

It always the those fucking tubes that's half the episodes.

Left engine on fire
pilots shut down right engine
plane crashes 138 people killed
FAA reports recommends 107 changes
episode

Context?

based captain

STALL STALL
*beeeep*

I'm Dutch and I can attest that our people are fucking autistic about punctuality. This guy was probably having a panic attack in the cockpit at the thought of arriving a couple minutes late.

too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up
too low, terrain
pull up pull up

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Attached: Sukhoi Superjet 100.webm (384x342, 340K)

>TOVARISCH GENNADY, I BET YOU 10 RUBLES THAT I CAN LAND THIS TU-134A WHILE WEARING A BLINDFOLD
>YOU'RE ON ALEXEI!

heard a group of pilots talking about how they hate MD-80s last night

Yeah i’m first gen out of the old country and if Oma says be at her flat by 4:30 you best be there by 4:28 or you can expect a pewter windmill to the face.

screw loose

Attached: Germanwings.png (1876x1528, 3.52M)

>maintenance 20 years ago
well, there's your problem

Attached: 1529203664869.webm (638x360, 1.08M)

Over 150k people die every day. Who cares.

ow the edge

OH SHIT

Based Jacob Veldhuyen Van Zanten, he died the way all true aviators and pioneers wish to go, in a fireball of metal, kerosine and utter destruction.

it's a Russian keep shooting down comercial planes with no warning because they get too close to some secret caviar production facility

Kevin "the Can" Pee

HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR?

Are they ok?

Did anyone survive this one?

No, a fat man blocked the the exit trying to get his luggage.

Attached: Sukhoi Superjet 100 inside.webm (480x848, 1.58M)

miniature set, just so it doesn't waste anybodys time

baned and redpilled

They say the snake is still at large.

It's real, retard.

Fuck Kevin Lee

fucking mcu

>willingly entering a giant janky tint can that lumbers through the sky at 50000 feet and could disintegrate if someone mistakenly cracks open a window

No thanks I’ll take a ship and leave a month earlier

you've never been on a plane?

its not that special but its practically a necessary part of a successful working life

i got silver status on united from all the flying. you haven't lived until you've had 5 hours in first class for free. hot towel for your face. several bourbons while i watch LA confidential on my laptop. so nice

This wouldn't have happened if the plane had been equipped with a eurobeat system.

youtube.com/watch?v=jVvt7hP5a-0

Warp travel isn't that bad.

Attached: Warp.png (1584x853, 1.62M)

>not gasoline burning
one job, man

I’ve been on 8 or 9 flights. Not first class though.

>it's a cargo door opens mid flight episode

Those are sad yet comfy.

>it's an user throws up on the plane episode

>mistakenly cracks open a window

Attached: 1560260622631.jpg (1280x1714, 686K)

The video SCP doesn't want you to see

>Jet
>Its a turboprop

Gee Bill, how come you get THREE comforters?

>50...40...30... RETARD
wtf do the captains deserve this?

pls explain

faggot

Christ, the driver of that car must've shat his pants

it took me years and a job where i only flew united to get first class sometimes.

first class is a treat but the real thing that ruins you is being in economy plus while not being a manlet

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522
Aw shit son, the Helios flight was so fucked. All crew and passengers lost consciousness in a cabin that was not pressurized. Jets were sent and they couldnt make contact with crew inside. So plane runs out of fuel and crashes.

Technically they are both turbine engines.

Air disasters is phenomenal. How did this show get so big with zero advertising and zero normies?

I had to fly from Belfast to Inverness with Flybe once. They dug up some fucking biplane that shot down the red baron and near did a flip anytime there was a gust of wind, now I get the boat and drive 6 hours.

>mistakenly cracks open a window

Attached: 1479599568030.jpg (394x473, 61K)

>it's a mechanic from a country typically renowned for their thoroughness staples a piece of metal onto the fuselage and calls it fit to fly episode

Russian aviation agency finally agreed that they need to review design safety of Sukhoi Superjet 100 from ground up after failing to dig up any evidence of pilot error.

>Dude modern planes are so easy to fly a child could do it, look I bet you I can land this thing with my eyes closed, no problem bro

Thrust reversers are KINO.
youtu.be/5avi26t8Xpo?t=149

Pretty nice

>it's a S.E.A airline has poor maintenance budget and doesn't service planes appropriately, causing the accident episode
>It's a Russian pilot ignores his instruments because he is never wrong episode
>It's an Asian co-pilot won't speak up to challenge the Captains wrongfully assessment of the situation because he doesn't want to be disrespectful episode

>It's a plane lands relatively safely despite being on fire but most of the passengers die anyway because they want their luggage episode.

CAUSE OF CRASH ... PILOT ERROR

Attached: fotp.jpg (1024x569, 30K)

Propeller planes fly at lower altitudes and are more susceptible to turbulence because of it. Thank engineering for jet engines.

KNOWING

youtube.com/watch?v=sPdwCnwuZ8w

>go to american airport
>get radiation poisoning and get molested by "security" "for your own protection"

NOW REPEAT AFTER ME "I AM FREE"

Attached: freedom2.png (500x666, 493K)

FOR THE EMPORER

>It's a "Plane VS missile episode"
Nobody ever talks about these but they're my favorites.

Attached: twa_flight_800.jpg (1192x670, 97K)

>Italian pilot for a commercial airline
>ejects before the plane crashes

>trans world

>it's an only OP knows whatever the fuck he's on about episode

The nose got forcibly dilated.

>go to airport
>get in security line to be waited to be radiated
>people in front have to get all their shit together and put it into the trays and walk through
>you have all your shit pre-done so you can dump it all down and immediately go for the radiation machine
>people in front wait until the very last second to go "oh" and start stripping so now everyone has to wait even longer every single time

Attached: 1551279750409.jpg (349x237, 8K)

Airfag here.

It is still by far the safest way to travel. The amount of redundancy and regulations are ridiculous but necessary.

I'm not any more afraid of dying in a plane crash than in a car accident on a highway, but I still hate planes for being stuffy, noisy, shitty little tin cans full of assholes and their shit.
I'd sooner walk than fly again, fuck planes and fuck airports.

Attached: when the second plane hits.jpg (580x441, 41K)

>it's a didn't complete the checklist episode
>it's a didn't turn off the automatic fly-directly-into-the-ground episode
>it's a French person/Brazilian/Asian at the controls episode
>it's a "now that enough people are dead we'll fix it" episode.

Attached: 1562685503904.png (501x445, 192K)

>it's a co-pilot has his foot on the brake during take off episode

Attached: 065656445.jpg (632x422, 231K)

last time I got on a plane (short commuter flight) the two pilots were playing with the system that makes that sound. dudes were cutting up and pressing "pull up pull up pull up" over and over again

>worrying about radiation from the x-ray machine when you're going to spend several hours getting irradiated at high altitude

Attached: 1304376955947.png (500x375, 299K)

Attached: 12ADE5DE-52A3-452C-B7FF-4E1E5B0B8A6D.gif (320x180, 1020K)

If you're an IT Systems guy and able.to monitor several instruments at one, then yes you can in fact land the plane without ever looking out the window.

Cat III Autoland minimums is literally just making sure no signals are lost as the plane lands itself.

>The engineer (the one who had conducted the pressurization leak check) asked "Can you confirm that the pressurization panel is set to AUTO?" However, the captain, already experiencing the onset of hypoxia's initial symptoms,[3]:135 disregarded the question and instead asked in reply, "Where are my equipment cooling circuit breakers?".[3]:17 This was the last communication with the aircraft.
>The aircraft continued to climb until it leveled off at FL340, approximately 34,000 feet (10,000 m). It remained in the holding pattern, under control of the auto-pilot, for the next 70 minutes
>Two F-16 fighter aircraft from the Hellenic Air Force 111th Combat Wing were scrambled from Nea Anchialos Air Base to establish visual contact.[7] They intercepted the passenger jet at 11:24 and observed that the first officer was slumped motionless at the controls and the captain's seat was empty.[8] They also reported that oxygen masks were dangling in the passenger cabin.
>At 11:49, flight attendant Andreas Prodromou entered the cockpit and sat down in the captain's seat, having remained conscious by using a portable oxygen supply.[3]:139[9] Prodromou held a UK Commercial Pilot Licence,[3]:27 but was not qualified to fly the Boeing 737. Crash investigators concluded that Prodromou's experience was insufficient for him to be able to gain control of the aircraft under the circumstances.[3]:139 Prodromou waved at the F16s very briefly, but almost as soon as he entered the cockpit, the left engine flamed out due to fuel exhaustion[3]:19 and the plane left the holding pattern and started to descend.[3]:19 Ten minutes after the loss of power from the left engine, the right engine also flamed out,[3]:19 and just before 12:04 the aircraft crashed into hills near Grammatiko, 40 km (25 mi) from Athens, killing all 121 passengers and crew on board.

Attached: 23543532.png (1024x741, 614K)

>its a "they didn't realize it was syria not libya" episode

Attached: lockerbie-11[1].jpg (2048x1536, 589K)

>It's controlled flight into terrain episode

Attached: 1478066141019.jpg (425x283, 18K)

Speed is fun, landing and taking off is great. The “wrongness” adds to the excitement.
Small planes are even better

GOLDEN DRIVE
GOODNIGHT

And that every major accident tends to cause overhauls in safety and maintenance, like we're witnessing from Boeing now.

>be a dispatcher doing my required yearly cockpit jumpseats
>come in for landing into Savannah which has pretty heavy storms around it
>look out the window and can only see gray
>pilots capture ILS glide slope and begin final approach
>1000 feet
>still gray
>500 feet
>can't see shit captain
>200 feet
>TERRAIN, PULL UP
>180 feet
>finally break cloud cover to see the runway literally right there
>almost yell oh shit over comma at suddenly seeing the ground hurtling towards us at 160 mph
>land safely

The pilots were completely calm obviously as it is routine for them, but fuck me if it isn't unnerving watching the altimeter run into the low 100s and still not seeing the ground.

everyone knows that but it's just the scale of death and terror involved in any one single accident, large aircraft crashes really get to me for some reason, it feels very sci-fi, and for some reason very greek tragedy

RETARD RETARD RETARD

S A T A N I C
A
T
A
N
I
C

Attached: gas truck back to the future.webm (1280x720, 2.4M)

i went on a set of multi international flights that amounted to 24 hours each way
i legit get paranoid about the radiation

I think they might be on fire a bit, not sure

Why?

very impressive reactions from the driver.

That didn't sound like such a bad way to go until
>flight attendant Andreas Prodromou entered the cockpit and sat down in the captain's seat, having remained conscious by using a portable oxygen supply.
What a fucking horrific way to go, the only one conscious on a plane travelling to hell and with JUST enough piloting experience to have a glimmer of hope of saving everyone. That last glimpse of a fellow man in the fighter pilot, and then the engines go out. Fuck.

>hate planes for being stuffy, noisy, shitty little tin cans full of assholes and their shit.
this is why id rather drive 15 hrs than fly in a plane.

Is China the real life version of the final destination movies?

Attached: Boeing 737 engine catches fire.webm (610x1080, 1M)

He a bitch

Attached: big al.jpg (640x480, 34K)

>murder is OK because everyone's just going to die eventually anyway

single-digit IQ post

Attached: spaceballsthereactionimage.jpg (499x268, 31K)

this. i hate flying. any time im going on holiday i regret it as soon as the plane starts taking off the runway. nobody can guarantee my safety. if it explodes and i die, its too late. sure there will be inquest and trial and someone might be done for allowing the planecrash but that wont bring me my life back. then when you look out and see everything get smaller as you ascend. i love being at home with my feet on the ground.

>in descent for over 10 minutes
imagine that, do you think you would be able to make peace with yourself in that amount of time in the front seat of a tube full of unconscious and dead people hurtling towards the Earth?

Attached: 1543558006144.jpg (386x579, 72K)

>go to doctor about sore wrist
>get x-ray
>die
How do they keep getting away with it

>10 minutes
>cabin full of unconscious people

Attached: joo dee2.gif (630x394, 1.01M)

>google a quick rundown
>the only survivor (583 dead) lives in my small hometown

huh

honestly I think if planes could safely have bigger windows I would feel far more comfortable, if I can look out and get a decent field of view and feel like I'm flying instead of peaking through the porthole on a missile with big wings strapped to it that I'm trapped inside, which I am really, then I think I would feel a lot more content at least with the placebo, also I like to see over the world from up there

ok clickbait, she was supposed to board but she didnt. whatever

Attached: Hades Two Thumbs up.png (1280x720, 593K)

god no
with tiny windows I can pretend I'm not in the air and am just rolling along on the ground

Some amerighouls survived.

you’re not smart are you

forum.deathaddict.co/threads/atc-recording-of-mid-air-sollision-over-frederick-airport.33529/#post-328153

Attached: 56446455.jpg (315x339, 14K)

Yikes

Attack over Baghdad is criminally underrated. Not the emergency itself, but the terrorists and French journos were hilarious.

>It's a Captain is a controlling piece of shit and tries to do the co-pilot's job and they fly into a cliff episode

Attached: 1535252611970.jpg (480x360, 25K)

You people need to give some context for the specific crashes you're referring to.

>record scratch
>freeze frame
>"yep, that's me."

Attached: 1563194637713.jpg (500x500, 76K)

Just watch the show if you don't autistically recognize them all with minimal details given.

There's enough detail in most. Use key things like location, situation, and nationality.

>it's a punched rivet holes instead of drilled ones makes the plane *pop* at cruise altitude

realistically if you were onboard that ship and you were immune to the effects of pressurization what would you have done? would it still be possible to save everyone in there if you were the only one left conscious?

>It is still by far the safest way to travel
No, it's not. You've been fed a lie. Air travel is the "safest" way to travel based on 1 very specific criteria: Deaths per Miles traveled.

Airplanes fly very fast, usually long distances, so this metric is heavily skewed in their favor. However, if you count Deaths per Journey, airplanes are more deadly than bus, train, or ship. Because if a plane crashes, usually everyone on board dies, which can be hundreds of people. If a bus or train crashes, most people live and deaths are the minority.

>it's a dumb mutt loadmaster forgets to secure the cargo correctly episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=7sUWC2jfjqI

imagine how much rape you could get away with

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=u7H9XjTTy08

They're all dead from oxygen deprivation. You could only save yourself and give the relatives the choice for an open casket funeral instead of bits in a box funeral.

why couldn't they tell the flight attendant to turn the cabin pressurization on? or was everyone a goner by then?

>Is there a problem?

I'm no doctor nor pilot, but couldn't the one wake person start strapping oxygen masks over the pilot and co-pilot to try and wake them up?
Like 10 minutes worth so choose carefully.

>it's a metal impurity from 20 years ago makes a fan disk suddenly explodes at 37,000 feet but somehow someway the entire cockpit survives and only 11 casualties episode

Attached: 1535959032113.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

I assume punched ones were under stress that got "relieved", right?

>While approaching Kurumoch Airport, Kliuyev made a bet with Zhirnov that he, Kliuyev, could make an instrument-only approach with curtained cockpit windows, thus having no visual contact with the ground, instead of an NDB approach, suggested by the air traffic control. Kliuyev further ignored the ground proximity warning at an altitude of 62–65 metres (203–213 ft) and did not make the suggested go-around.

>The aircraft touched down at a speed of 150 knots (280 km/h) and came to rest upside down. Sixty-three people died during the accident and seven more in hospitals later. Among the passengers were fourteen children, all of whom survived the accident.

Attached: image_thumb-18.png (550x309, 447K)

but what do i do for the other 9 minutes

if i had the training and just enough fuel to land then yes, i could be the one to do something. If i had to make a controlled landing attempt on water like the Hudson Miracle then id start drinking.

Most common disaster cause?
1 Pilot error (solo)
2 Maintenance
3 Pilot error (crew)
--power gap--
4 Shitty design
5 Murder
6 Freak weather
7 Controller error

Attached: fx6tkjjuwi031.jpg (3024x4032, 756K)

>88 MILES PER HOUR!

It’s a “I’m riding a plane for the first time next we so you guys better stop RIGHT FUCKING NOW!” episode.

you could wake em up that way, i wonder how fucked their state of mind would be after being in a depressurized cabin for a while and suddenly get thrust into a situation like this.

>en.m

A stress fracture expanded a little bit every time the plane got to cruise altitude and expanded from internal pressure. After a while the fracture ripped and the plane went *pop*. First one was dismissed as a freak accident, then another popped and they grounded every single one. Had to do an experiment in a huge water tank with a sample chassis to check if that's what happening. After they found out what the cause was, they had to refit the whole fleet but they never recovered and went bankrupt.

>Flew to LA two weeks ago
>First time on a flight
>Sitting next to a qt
>When we take off I get fucking spooked and accidentally grab her arm
>I wish I could say that I played it off smoothly, but I didn't
The flight itself was pretty nice though.

no shit?

>radio whoever
>waive to jet niggas
>call tower
>ayo how2land
>land
>become hero

Thanks, user. Maybe they’ll sit me next to a qt too

>This is the Captain speaking, it's with great pleasure to announce that my son is also on this flight

>"Hey sleepyhead, you awake? Great, everyone's dying and we're plummeting towards the dirt. Can you do something about that in the next three minutes?"

Attached: panic-disorder-4604.jpg (400x213, 20K)

tfw u made the bet with the copilot but he couldnt collect because he fucking died

Attached: eztendies.jpg (225x224, 10K)

Real life death flag

Attached: KWl6pqT.jpg (500x496, 76K)

>weeks before skydiving, first time in a plane too
>youtube/facebook starts offering up "funny fails!" videos where skydivers get their chutes tangled or something happens to the plane, all of them potentially fatal
Once I was actually in the plane/out of it I was completely at ease, though. Odd.

Attached: Hulky.png (320x405, 508K)

Which company was this?
I know that de Havilland screwed up by having square windows, I think everyone knows that story nowadays.

>its a parachutes deployed and everyone landed safely and soundly albeit mildly inconvenienced episode.

Attached: 5s5Op6P.png (714x516, 380K)

>Well, not even a plane crash could wake you. I've heard them say we've reached Morrowind, I'm sure they'll let us go

The thing that concerns me is that every time I fly, it's always blacks and mexicans refueling the plane. It's not something I trust affirmative action hires with.

Is the DC-10 the literal nigger of planes?

Attached: Continental_Airlines_DC-10.jpg (1000x600, 361K)

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=v0Cg2ZeYa5E

Boats are actually more dangerous.

This thread is seriously comfy. Thanks for the read, anons.

Good luck, pilots!

Attached: good luck dave.gif (360x204, 1.85M)

Mustard is so fucking kino
one of the few redeeming YT channels left with Lemmino

This.

There are very strong interests in maintaining public trust in air travel (and the globalist project it supports) so the lie is never challenged.

Yeah I have become afraid of theme parks for this very reason

Pssst wanna kill some slavs?

Attached: Aeroflot_Tu-154B-2_CCCP-85396_ZRH_1982-6-20.png (1023x664, 700K)

rustards wew

>it's a parachute malfunctions and deploys mid-flight ripping the plane in half episode

why do Russians have to keep pushing it in the face of sheer fucking death for themselves and others

youtube.com/watch?v=RrttTR8e8-4

Attached: 1508833754434.jpg (640x640, 72K)

ahh I remember my first flight
it was trans atlantic nonstop from germany to new york city
it was post 9/11 the flights were pretty cheap
would say 20% scared 80% excited
they had to defrost the wings because it was early february and cold as fuck
good riddance user

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroflot_Flight_593

People are just morbidly curious about how fuckups happen. Same reason why people stare at car crashes.

de-icing is another classic

Good idea: design a plane to automatically turn off an engine if its thrust reverser deploys when it shouldn’t, and continue the flight on only one engine.

Bad idea: in no way whatsoever tell the pilots why an engine would suddenly turn itself off, or why it’s a bad idea to force it to run.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TAM_Transportes_Aéreos_Regionais_Flight_402

>The copilot, seeing the right engine power lever automatically move to the closed position, thought that the lever had slipped back due to a problem with the autothrottle system and pushed it back to the full power position alongside the left engine throttle lever. Once again, the automatic safety system closed the right engine throttle and the captain, who was conducting the takeoff, called for the autothrottle system to be switched off. After switching off the system, the copilot again pushed the right engine power lever fully forward and forcefully held it there.

>The safety system cable, responsible for pulling the power lever to the idle position, was no longer able to withstand the physical strain of being pulled one way by the actuator, while the copilot forced it the other way by pushing the throttle lever to the fully open position — the cable soon parted at a maintenance connection.

Attached: 1280px-Klm_f100_ph-kle_arp.jpg (1280x927, 183K)

Its usually a chain of events each one on its own not major but all coming together to cause kino, some crashes can have dozens of inputs anomalies and errors.

A Major theme is older aircraft and bad maintenance setting the chain in motion

I hope you've got good dental hygiene mother fucker, cause otherwise you are gonna get one hell of an airbubble under your teeth and in your sinuses when you go to and and holy shit is that something to suddenly have as a kid on his first flight

I also hope your first flight is not a fucking 13 or so hour one

Attached: 3563563756767.jpg (437x361, 30K)

737 MAX is trying real hard too.

was I lucky to make it out alive?

>it's a company skips on maintenance leading to wheels breaking and hurling into the train leading to the train folding up like ruler leading to crashing into a bridge that collapses on top of the train episode

Attached: 2-format43[1].jpg (1906x1240, 800K)

>its a DC 10 episode

Why didn't they just open the fucking curtains?

>Mayday, entitled Air Crash Investigation in Australia, South Africa, United Kingdom, Asia, and some European countries, and Air Emergency and Air Disasters in the United States, is a Canadian documentary television program examining air crashes, near-crashes, hijackings, bombings, and other disasters. Mayday uses re-enactments and computer-generated imagery to reconstruct the sequence of events leading up to each disaster. In addition, survivors, aviation experts, retired pilots, and crash investigators are interviewed, to explain how the emergencies came about, how they were investigated, and how they might have been prevented. The program premiered on Discovery Channel Canada on 3 September 2003.

>Narrated by Stephen Bogaert for Canada and U.S.

Reminder to watch the original version for the most kino narrator.

The cabin and cockpit should be in a reinforced structure above the wings. Cargo compartments, center fuel tanks and equipment take up the nose and tail. Small cameras all over the plane help pilots taxi and give a way to check systems visually.

Attached: 1533603913288.jpg (1920x1080, 292K)

>willingly entering a giant janky tin can that lumbers through the water at 20 knots and could sink if someone mistakenly pokes a hole anywhere
No thanks I’ll take a train and leave a year earlier

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: images (29).jpg (726x423, 22K)

>co-pilot: "take off, I dare you"

How do brainlets get on this board so easily? Must have had their caretaker bookmark the page

better than cgi

are people here actually afraid of flying? I flew for the first time this year and it was fucking nothing. A train is scarier.

>when you're enjoying your ride and suddenly a train track jumps at you out through the floor
Must have been horrifying. One moment you're fine, next you're tumbling around in a box that may as well end up being your coffin.

I'm pretty sure it has more to do with airline companies attempting to maintain a good public perception to keep customers buying tickets.

>willingly entering a giant janky row of tubes that rattle along two strips of metal and breaks if it leaves them
No thanks I'll take a wagon and arrive in Oregon by November

>tfw born just in time for vtol cheap and reliable transport systems that everyone can use up to international levels so that land transport drops to dirt cheap just before it gets snuffed out completely and can travel all over the world on trains and boats almost completely alone

you will never go into the open seas again
youtu.be/mC8bHxgdHH4

i really enjoy flying, it's a very novel experience.

yeah
>Air Florida, Flight 90

Attached: d944e0c5c6a5bb3c0537fee515b7abe6.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Could you atleast provide the source for these exciting (horrifying) events.

"Is anybody else hungry?"

Attached: Alive.jpg (1500x994, 506K)

>trusting your life to herd animals that flee at every notion of danger in an uncharted land full of possible threats
I will politely decline and use my feet instead

here's the best rogue wave I've seen on video, it's amazing that they were thought to be a myth until only a couple of decades ago

youtube.com/watch?v=uK_4V3zqAvg

Attached: 1552119157153.png (600x400, 616K)

Remember to always bring ALL your luggage when exiting a burning plane

>It's a plane fails and comms go out so they dump the cargo over the ocean where the people float and slowly starve to death because nobody knows where the plane went down episode

>putting yourself in the position to be subject to any of the many dangerous of the world
fools, I will stay in my room and shitpost on Yea Forums for he rest of my life

Ah the cirrus strategy. Its a pity that most accidents occur when landing or taking off and the parachute won't have enough time to deploy. You would also need some massive parachutes for a passenger airliner.

scientists found that rogue waves are much more common than they thought

Alternate thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=C35DrtPlUbc

The worst part is that the cabin crew noticed there was loud grinding noise coming from the wheels but hesitated to tell the conductors for fear of being yelled at. Had they told immediately instead of deliberating among themselves for several minutes, the accident could have been avoided. The final report on the accident very pointedly noted that the shitty culture at Deutsche Bahn where trained engineers treat support crews like idiots and won't listen to a single thing they say is one of the main reasons the accident occurred.

I've been flying since I was a kid but sometimes my hairs stand up during really sketchy landings.
There was one in New Zealand in a valley with insane crosswinds and you could hear the pilots throttling the engines up and down trying to keep a heading, they redirected all the inbound flights to the airport like 30 minutes after we landed.

I've gone down hours-long Wikipedia rabbit holes of airliner crashes. Has made me realize under-trained pilots are the main cause of everything, since most things are recoverable if they do the right thing.

I remember reading how you could theoretically get an inverted rogue wave
that is falling into a fucking hole in the ocean

Rogue waves are just Poseidon telling ships to fuck off. He's been doing this since forever.

Thai airways flight 311

>the aircraft's manufacturer, Fokker, had judged the failure mode to be so remote a possibility that training for recovery was not necessary.
How fucking stupid is that? They put in a fail safe system but determine that it is such an unlikely event that they won't even train the pilots for it.

>all the people going to the side of the road that would've lived otherwise

Air travel is indispensable to today's world economy and politics.
Can't have people have seconds thoughts about their careers or travel plans.

attach a bunch of those explosive jets to the passenger section that some big planes use for short take offs and landings that quickly and concentrated fire to make opposing force

I'm sure it would take space money levels of testing to perfect but I'm sure we could as a species construct a safety mechanism that is basically just a bunch of giant guns that blast hot air underneath the falling tube to launch it upwards high enough to allow parachutes or other safety VTOL mechanisms to allow it to land safely, this would have to be on some kind of massive superplane designed of extremely lightweight material, but it could work

It said as soon as he entered the cockpit the left engine burned out. They were doomed.

ya got me

Nah. The 737 has decades of excellent service records. It’s the training standard non-US pilots are held to.

and that isn't even a big one either, but it still put the ship in a very bad position, imagine what that would do to a smaller boat, or how much larger it could be, it's a very scary encountering with the larger brushstrokes of the ocean

I'm sure when transporters are invented people will be just as unthinking due to corporate advertising despite them being 100% lethal.

Plane blew up mid flight, there's no evidence of a missile impact.

Only the two minutes for takeoff and landing. Once you’re in the air there’s nothing to worry about because if a catastrophic failure occurs, you will die before you feel the impact.

>putting yourself in the position to be subject to a house fire or robbery or earthquake or carbon monoxide or a herd of pissed off elephants
Imbeciles, I will end my life now, by my own hand, then nothing can hurt me!

Different user, I don't want parachutes. If anything, a nice composite origami escape pod that starts out as a 4cm wide folio and unflattens itself before use. Teeny tiny boosters underneath weigh the bottom down, and deliver just enough reverse thrust when they detect the ground to get 50% survival.

Fatties can get in up to their armpits.

Is sky diving scary? Like is the first moment out of the plane scary at all? Or do you just enjoy it?

Why not use the pressurized cabin to flush the fuel systems? At least get that highly flammable fuel out of the crash moments before

If training was the issue it wouldnt be grounded.

What if the compartment is spinning?
Almost anything is possible if you chuck enough money at it but the money men wont do it. Insurance is several thousand multitudes cheaper than RND and increased fuel costs.

>Why are you worried about the US becoming a third world country?

t. boeing

>falling for boeing PR

Boeing are updating the software to make it idiot proof so Cpt. Nbunga from Conakry Air School wont kill 200 people because he skimmed a paragraph in the manual

I knew a 70 year old man that went skydiving, don't be a pussy

Death cruiser is based.

Wife is an FA. Get to fly for free now. Shit is fucking awesome. Every time I just mention my wife works for the airline and I get free alcohol.

Only problem I have with flying is gate agents. Fuck those miserable assholes.

One of the greatest engineering projects of all time was stopped by a fucking Death Cruiser-10. I'm mad

This, most people probably could land a plane, even a jet if being instructed how to do so. Maybe not the cleanest landing but enough to live.

They're changing it because it was single sensor dependent aka a deathtrap.

I think planes suck

>Every time I sit down I hope to sit next to qtpie
>its always some 6'4 dude

Attached: 1543732977234.jpg (400x400, 36K)

>put down an already malfunctioning aircraft
Based mcdonell douglas keeping the skies safe.

it should be designed for the interior to work with the position of the vessel in whatever order, some kind of minor gyroscopic feature and having a much more secure strapping in system, and have the jets positioned to be able to attempt to reverse trajectory into a safe one from whatever angle, that is if the speed of the vessel and it's current distance to the ground doesn't make that impossible, but hey abby steps

this would be an entirely different design of an aircraft mind you, maybe it would be individual large vessels of passengers on a massive flat carrier craft

So they start off as sheets of carbon fibre and then form capsules which you get into. Then capsule is deployed and the pod will suicide burns to the ground?

I'm probably not the right one to ask, my brain might just be wired all wrong, but not for me. I did it because I get panic attacks and I figured if I put myself in that situation where panic is warranted then it might learn to not have one in non-dangerous situations. But then once in the plane I was completely calm, despite it being a rickety old thing fixed with duct tape on the wing etc, and the only thing I felt on the way down was that feeling in your stomach and the wind being directed into one of my eyes if I kept my head up, because the goggles weren't on properly. I'd definitely do it again with some better goggles, so I can actually admire the view better.

The publicity didn’t help but the Concorde was killed by BAe itself, they weren’t interested in extending the service contract, making retrofits or producing new units.

-t.Navy

oh god the horror stories that take place in those things.

>why don't they aerosol the jet fuel
Gee, I wonder why.

I survived a school shooting that way

BLYAT

You usually want idiot proof in aviation.

>it's an entire flight crew gets food poisoning so a former fighter pilot passenger with ptsd has to land the plane episode

>it's a dumbfuck amerilard pilot trashes a billion dollar aircraft episode
Oh say can you see...

But that doesn't support my /pol/ narrative!

I'd use them only if they turned off the bit that kills me so I just make a copy of myself somewhere else. They can kill him when they're done.

spotted the 16-19 year old virgin Death Grips and Nietzsche fan

>it’s a “crazed negro coworker attempts to hijack and crash the plane so his family gets a life insurance payout but the crew fights him off and safely lands the plane despite serious injuries then he has the nerve to ask Obama for a pardon” episode

aircraft don't cost a billion dollars dribbler

Wasn't that the FedEx flight?

>bodge together a plane with engines it's not built for
>make retarded software to forcibly pitch down to compensate
>don't require pilots to know about it
>kill 300 people
>tard on Yea Forums will defend you because he's more interested in hating brown people

>what is the f-35?
>what is the b2 bomber?

that's Australia

The point is to keep you from flailing when you pop out of a jet at speed. It's useless at low altitude unless we add wings, not designed for crashes on landing, (that's what the new configuration is for) strictly a way to escape at high speed/altitude.

The pod drops into breathable air and then positions a booster downward, automatically burning to slow descent just enough that the person isn't paste on impact.

Attached: 1532754449780.png (602x578, 107K)

Actually low oxygen situations, even with a mask on, make erections really difficult. You could try and MAYBE get a bone, but it'll be 1/4th of what you want.

Not commercial airliners?

Attached: f35B.webm (404x720, 1.38M)

You can still hate brown people. That garbage software was designed by H1B Pajeets.

the united states hasn't had a commercial aviation fatality in over 10 years. It's one of the absolute safest commercial industries in the entire world.

My friend died in that recent 737 Max accident that happened in Africa.

Attached: 1557653169883.jpg (2354x2448, 1.28M)

I wasn't talking about commerical airliners.

>when socialist terrorists caused the worst aviation disaster in history

Attached: article-2590829-0000557d00000cb2-383_634x286.jpg (634x286, 53K)

>1/4th of what you want.
So no change

sure I'll just fly in the plane that is made to fall apart

Well everyone else is, get with the program user.

'An F-35A in 2019 is expected to cost $85 million'
NOPE, sorry man you're way out in your estimations. Sure they cost billions in R&D but there is absolutely no aircraft that comes even slightly close to costing that much.

The booster could be a small propeller instead

I used to be

They designed it to the specifications they were given, which were approved by Boeing and the FAA.
God you poltards are retarded.

They did a very, very bad job of it. Shriek all you want, my company (PwC) has had nothing but trouble from hiring currycoders

This video made me feel better about flying than anything else I've ever learned: youtu.be/Vw0rlDs5tgs

I dislike spying shit like this when it comes to pretty much everything, but for pilots it's clearly a good thing.

You would need at least a 2 axis gyroscope for that design so your fuselage is now spherical in shape. That does sounds pretty cool but not very aerodynamic.
Probably cheaper to make the FAA actually supervise the design of aircraft and increase pilot training.

Being lost at sea or drowning would be so much more terrifying than falling out of the sky and blacking out.

>billions
The whole program alone has cost over a trillion. Also a single b2 spirit goes for 2.1 billion and the fly away cost is absurd.

Is he or she ok?

Imagine being such a weak fucking pussy you can't simply jump out of the plane before it crashes and land on some trees or water. Imagine being american.

Tell me some? I love the idea of 40ks warp.

>hoping to sit next to anyone at all
Empty row is the only correct way to fly

maybe but I think we need new aircraft anyway, population is so ridiculously high that I think fewer large carrier craft that can take a significantly heavier load even at a speed cost would be better than more smaller and faster craft at the cost of payload and passenger count, it's the future we might as well think big

that's literally not true

Because a bet's a bet you fucking pussy ass faggot. You never welch on a bet

An old idea may be due for a comeback

Attached: serveimage.jpg (700x467, 76K)

Are you okay retard

Attached: stealth bomber.jpg (318x525, 62K)

Revenge for all the shitty consulting

>putting yourself in the position to not experience all life has to offer
I'll take a plane from an airline with a sterling safety record

>Captain America Civil War set at RDJ without lifts scale
>He still got mogged by Tom Holland

how about some type of abort system like they have in rocket crew capsules

I love airships, they should return.

what a fukken casual

For those saying Boeing fucked up for releasing a plane that auto-crashed itself if one AOT sensor freezes up, Airbus released a plane that auto-crashed when tw sensors froze and predictably it still happened: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XL_Airways_Germany_Flight_888T

Shouldn't there be a panic button in the cockpit that turns off all computer nannying when it's clear the computer has gone yamazaki?

>it's a stuck outside the plane episode

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

>end up sat next to a qt
>reassured that, in the event of an emergency, i can get a force my way into a kiss and maybe a fingerblast before we crash

Attached: apu meditate.jpg (1346x960, 99K)

>PwC

You deserved it.

WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT THE WINDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW

>if you cherrypick data that no one uses to measure travel safety as mean deaths per year and which still doesn't prove my point, it proves my point, you brainwashed globalist kike

Ok buddy.

Attached: 1563201078359.jpg (250x250, 20K)

>you both survive
youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

>Among the passengers were fourteen children, all of whom survived the accident.
a silver lining.

they have/had up to 70+ years to continue living with the plane crash trauma instead of being put out of their misery.

>he fucking lived
LMAO

I'm that guy.

This is true. Every time we go over preventable aviation accidents (by far the most interesting part of my recurrent training), it's almost always are series of events that continually make the situation worse until something fails catastrophically with no hope of recovery.

I would recommend the UPS flight that crash landed in Dubai because lithium batteries lit up the entire forward cargo bay making the cockpit fill with smoke until the first officer couldn't even see the instrument panel 2 feet in front of him.

WHOOP WHOOP "PULL UP' WHOOP WHOOP "PULL UP"

i remember this, I was there!

By the time the m*dtoid got into the cockpit, the left engine flamed out (ran out of fuel and exploded), and he started drifting down. He had experience flying but not with that kind of plane. They were all well and truly fucked because the pilots didn't don their O2 masks in time.

Yes you could, however the flight attendant got onto the flight deck just as they were losing fuel. Forensic analysis revealed that every passenger and crew member would've still been alive up until the crash, just comatose from lack of oxygen. At least the ones who didn't put on their O2 had no idea about their impending death.

>plane experience a minor case of turbulence
>user thinks he's going to die, gropes both her tits and yells "MOMMY"

My soon to be 89 yo gramps jumped for his first time last year.

>They did a very, very bad job of it
They literally wrote the software that Boeing requested. Having a system that can crash the plane rely on one sensor is retarded and you'd see that if you could stop gargling corporate cock for two seconds.

kek

Nice, i'll remember that strategy for when I next fly with Ryanair

>work for an airline
>fly for free
>before I started working for them I maybe flew a grand total of 3 times
>since starting 3 years ago I must be approaching at least 100 flights
>besides occasional turbulence and hard landings, have never experienced anything bad at all

Attached: 1562448952354.png (738x466, 627K)

people that fly a lot are more likely to die earlier, so there's your downside.

I'm a dispatcher so I have the added bonus of being able to jumpseat in the cockpit too. Non-revving is the fucking tits though, but you do have to suck gate agent cock.

The vast majority of accidents come from the Far East and Asia.

Is the guy with his hands up giving some kind of signal or is he just like fuck yeah dude