1 year at a filmschool is like half a million dollars

>1 year at a filmschool is like half a million dollars

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DOOOOOOO WHY IS EVERYTHING SO EXPEEEENSIVEEE

AND I HAVE NO FRIENDS OR CONTACTS SO I CAN'T JUST "FILM STUFF"

Attached: FkjxNfT.png (349x491, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WgWLDhlMvIE
youtube.com/watch?v=1UPZtS5LVvw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It’s called gatekeeping dumbass

>AND I HAVE NO FRIENDS OR CONTACTS SO I CAN'T JUST "FILM STUFF"
Yeah you can. Rent some film equipment and post a short on youtube. Or submit it to festivals.

You're not supposed to go to film school, you're supposed to go to films.

>it's an user is not Jewish episode

Who's gonna act in his movie, Einstein?

>AND I HAVE NO FRIENDS OR CONTACTS SO I CAN'T JUST "FILM STUFF"
What is facebook?
Seriously, juts post an ad on a facebook acting page looking for drama students who want to be in a short film

>Buy equipment
>Steal everything from the internet for free that you have to pay for in school
>Have money to shoot stuff (not schools)
>Release it on youtube, build up a resume of shorts
>Try to live without student loans.

I don't have social media and don't know how to talk to people

These sound like much bigger problems than tuition

Shit wont get handed to you, if you can't talk to people and don't know how to use social media then learn it. (yeah its easier said then done)

how the fuck do you expect to become a filmmaker then

I gave you a solution to your problem. If you can't be fucked to figure out the extremely difficult problem of how to create a facebook account and don't have the most basic of social skills, then I don't really know what you expect.
Do you think these problems wouldn't matter if you were given a film school scholarship?

>filmschool
It's arround 15 k / year in Europe, move there a couple of years.

Film school was never really necessary and it's even less necessary now with digital equipment, online distribution, and the endless amount of available tutorials and books that you can download.

Networking and meeting people is important, yes, but college is really not the best place for that. You want to go somewhere where circumstances have already filtered out the lazy, the unmotivated, those who lack imagination and creativity, and so on. You don't want to work with students.

all the people who want to be actors and will take anything they can put on a resume?

Honestly, just the fact you're describing these as problems means you shouldn't be in a creative industry at all. So much of it is just about problem-solving on the spot that if your reflexive, instinctive reaction to an obstacle is to whine you really don't belong there.

So what would you do at film school? Gain telepathic powers?

me if it's nearby

Redpilled post, but very morbid as well.
At least OP ain't trying to become an actor. Good fucking luck with that.
I'm a turbochad with I wanna say SOME talent and I got shot down for three whole years until I got two cameos in a SAG film, at which point I was eligible for a membership but had to pay like 2500$ or sth. Not to mention I've barely been able to make a living out of acting alone.
Making it big in this industry is a hassle akin to becoming a president.
Just go to college and get a real career.

use your jewish nepotism

What's the appeal of acting?

why not?

Where the fuck are you at that it costs THAT much? I'm going to a film school and it costs £9k a year for 3 years. You genuinely can "just" film stuff. Write some scripts, storyboard some shit, and hit up people on social media sites asking for actors. I don't get how a person doesn't have access to facebook or craigslist or something but browses Yea Forums?

Surely if you're that serious about learning about filmmaking you'd give whatever you can a try to pursue your dream? Or do you just think you'd be really good at making them even though you've never even tried. I was like that and am now realising you can't bullshit your way through making films and need to put genuine effort and time into practicing how to make them with the knowledge that there's an unbelievably slim chance I'll ever make a career out of what I truly want to do. It sucks, but that's life and I'm not even going to begin to feel bad about it because everybody feels like they're going nowhere eventually. Get the fuck over yourself and just TRY making a movie and see if it's something you can't live without doing for the rest of your life. THEN try making a career out of it.

stop being poor

Your friends or contacts

>That one short film you and your HS friends were supposed to make but never happened and now you haven't spoken in years
What was it about, user?

Attached: 1563121465563.jpg (480x360, 10K)

film school is a meme, and so are you if you fall for it

The decline of competetive checkers.

>tfw free university

Attached: scot-pepe3.png (189x200, 33K)

Give us more ideas

youtube.com/watch?v=WgWLDhlMvIE

you think this guy went to "film school" or had actors?
no. he just got his shitty camera, went out, and filmed pure, unadulterated, world changing kino.

I'm sure it will work out user.

Attached: Hitler_grinning_worldwartwo.filminspector.com_1.jpg (830x738, 74K)

Why?

kek

>free

You have the literal Hitler reassuring you from the fucking grave. I think you'll do fine user. Just listen to what the other anons are saying, download some materials, find actors who are willing to work for free, and start filming.
There's also short term 1 year film classes that don't cost much but can get you familiarized with the process. Look them up.

Some good tough love posts ITT. I'm impressed, Yea Forums

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif (500x279, 1.06M)

You don't need much

Attached: CAPEKINO.webm (318x180, 1.16M)

it's not love figgit

For a couple of kids, this is actually really cool

You are literally the dumbest fuck I saw on this board ever. Kill yourself like right now

Sod off, cunt.

cool post, ahmed. why don't you come to the wh*te house?

How about you go for a real degree instead of a shit one?

Do you really think that's necessary?

your right, i actually get non-repayable bursary payments every month also

I'll fuck you till you love me faggot.

Get an absolute load of this hothead.

you keep saying this but you never fucking do it

Play to your strengths: film equipment has never been cheaper in history. Travel has never been cheaper either.

Write a script that doesn't require a lot of seed capital. Set it within a single room. Make it seem more intelligent that it really is.

Throw in some WOKE social commentary and bob's your uncle, you're one someone's radar.

Unironically better than the marvel netflix shows

>Set it within a single room.
For some reason I can't do this. I need someone to write me a script in my own style set within a single room. But I don't really know how I'd go about doing that without paying someone a lot of money to make something I'd hate

cease and desist
you have a better chance in winning the lottery than making it in an artistic field (to the point you don't have to work another job)

buy me a bud light and I just might bby

pass

Just rip someone off. Hollywood does it all the time. Disney basically made bank off all the folk tales of Yurop.

Make sure they are very obscure though and hopefully already dead. Foreign language helps.

It's always easier to adapt an existing work than it is to create your own.

Vote for Bernie

#feelthebern

ya better start kissing some Jew ass

>film school

Imagine not doing STEM

fuck me this is actually decent

buy LINK to fund it

>ever
Fuck off summer

>paying houndreds of thousands to be a drone educated by people with no education skills who only teach because they couldn't make it in the private sector
Ishygddt

The city itself

>city
well la di da

If you have to pay for university, youre not smart enough to go. Simple as

Just search for film and tv jobs and take whatever unpaid internship is offered

This. Not even joking.

formerly suck capital

Ok snigger

low IQ pist

Absolute kino

Attached: 5o9IpEW.jpg (1080x1075, 69K)

Study film abroad
Cuba has one of the best film schools in America and the whole program cost less than any program in the US

Film school is utterly useless unless you have family in the industry or you're exceptional at networking.
Also don't be the most talent student, the people with connections will resent you for it.

Ask danny trejo, i hear he will act in literally anything if you ask him in person.

You can't be a filmmaker without jew connections m8

>go to film school just to see some random youtuber earn more than you

Did the first film studies professor go to film school??? How the fuck did he teach about films if he had no education ??? Fuck

No, he made films and then taught young people everything he had learned. Christ you're an idiot

I do a lot of movie extra work and always wonder how all those behind the scene crew members got their jobs. There's literally hundreds of them on every production and they all look constantly busy. I guess I could ask one of them next time but extras are kind of looked down on and bothering anybody but PA's is a good way to not get called back.

Just learn how to shoot things, make some short movies on youtube, and then see where it goes from there.

>Not going Uni
> working in a warehouse for now >might try go into trade school sometime
> gf goes uni and is always annoyed
>Glad i didn't go but do feel dumb and jealous of not being able to see all that fine asses of college girls bouncing around me all day, its tragic really

Attached: lOve3Kr.jpg (1080x1080, 139K)

The only thing you need to make a film is a camera, and even that's debatable
You live in a time when it's easier than ever before to make a film
Stop being a whining faggot and just do it

I wish I had a gf

Woah so you're saying you can learn to make films by trying to make films?

ah-bloo-bloo

Wtf? That's pretty fucking good.

I wpuld fucking watch this 100% if it had a series

Then don't even bother trying to break into film.

Yeah, but sometimes someone teaching you or just giving advice in general can help you a lot more than just going in 100% blind? Are you genuinely braindead?

Now I understand how jew people gets money from.
Thats right, from the idiots.

How do you guys deal with shitty or non-existing audio equipment? Sound is the first thing that will fuck up your film, so it's important to get it right

Zoom H1
Costs about 70 bucks and solves the issue. If you're still struggling, buy a cheap lav mic as well

Hey c'mon. there's gotta be a way

well than you are SoL.
entertainment is a business built on sociability and talking with people.
>i wanna be famous so people will just want to be my friends!
these are the type of people who get gold diggers and "friends" that are only there when the good time roll.

>Attempt to enter an industry that is all about nepotism and networking
>Has no social media and doesn't know how to talk to people

Noice.

Attached: 1553043869845.png (528x562, 48K)

>getting like 30-55 likes on my instagram posts
>stop posting for a couple of months
>struggle to get 10 likes now
Well, this is unsettling

Holy shit dude, I've been looking for this!
This is unironically cool af.
The way they skid to a stop and the kid doing a hurricanrana are the highlights

You could ask your mom to be in it

>as a man
fucking other guys
>as a woman
sucking cocks to advance your career

>What is facebook?

what about craigslitst?

if you want to know how to film and the craft behind it, just don't go to film school meybe be a camera man but not a director, directors need charisma or at least a personality to command.

Just make a movie to make it even.

Attached: 1480185563112.jpg (442x469, 53K)

This is dumb, useless normie/zoomer advice. You could shoot yourself taking a shit, wouldn't make it a film. What you and other zoomers ITT need to realize is that making films is not an easy thing to do in the slightest. It takes a lot of time, effort, people and money. Making films is as hard as it has always been, heck, you could argue it's actually harder now

But that's also expensive.

the only thing that's harder now is that there's more competition, I'm right in every other point because I've done it myself and know exactly what it's like

Attached: eric-roberts-julia-roberts-movie[1].jpg (220x305, 15K)

>no you fucking goyim you need to spend millions to make entertainment so dont even try!

> film school graduate here
Don’t go to film school Lol
You graduate with an eight minute student film that no one cares about and no one will watch. Stack on massive debt, it’s so not worth it l.

Honest recommendation? Get a decent 9-to-5, save up and eventually drop a couple grand on a used DSLR, some half decent lens, The smallest lighting rig you can find (mainly just for making close-ups look good), and make stuff yourself.

Bonus points if you can start her YouTube that has a decent following. When I was younger I made a Gundam model kit review channel. Actually got some subscribers, then as a joke after film school I put it on my resume because I wasn’t getting any jobs anyway. I can’t tell you how many job interviews I’ve gotten where they ask about the YouTube channel and how many subscribers I have and whether or not I’m still doing it. My fucking Gundam model kit review show has lend me more jobs than the student film I need in school.

this desu NIGGAAAAAA

hey limbert

hey climbert

Fuck off

I'm sorry about when I told you to fuck off

based

s'ok I only half-listen to you anyway

You can't do anything unless you're born into the wealth.
Enjoy eternal mediocrity and unfulfillment!

>find acting Facebook group
>post a casting call offering money
There are also websites for this. This is what filmmaking is.

year at a filmschool is like half a million dollars
is that for real? surely that's the price for the most premium """(((schools)))"""

>Get a job
>Make money
>Buy equipment
>Put up ads on Craigslist or whatever to find actors
>Make your dumb movies
There, I just saved you to tens of thousands of dollars.

Half a million. Whatever.

>is that for real?
No. But the dipshits on here will use any excuse for why they are pathetic basement dwelling rejects

>B-but, I can't use the internet!
>I can't talk to strangers!
>What equipment do I buy?
>Where do I find a script?
And 1001 other excuses why people who aren't making shit won't make shit

Can you name one? Thanks.

Can you tell the name of that film school? Thanks.

maybe you should take up coding

I hate niggers, but this isn't much worse than most capeshit on television.

As I said, Cuba. Look for it.
Herzog has visited that school a few times (and if I'm if not mistaken, did some kind of workshop), as well as Kiarostami. Gabriel Garcia Marquez ran it at first. Almost involved in the latin american film scene (and to an extent Spain) has some connection to that school.

Also, Argentina and Chile have some nice film school too. You're out of luck if you don't know spanish tho.

Education is cheap in Germany, at least cheaper than the US. If you only know english, your best shot is Europe.

Bruh, I got you.
>1. Get a Kinect (preferably used)
>2. Learn the Basics of Blender
>3. Watch this video so you can learn motion-capture: youtube.com/watch?v=1UPZtS5LVvw
>4. Animate yourself playing all the characters
>5. Go on some voice acting websites (Casting Call Club) to get your actors
>6. Edit that shit together
>7. Profit

Attached: 432f7b9e855c181d3ad82ae7ffd2f0acb6182dc01157a26b78225c1d1c64e3a4.jpg (640x480, 31K)

Yeah I don’t speak Spanish unfortunately. But I also doubt that Kiarostami spoke spanish!
And yes I speak only English. I have tried to look for schools in Europe. Most of them are pretty expensive though. Could you guide me to some, if you are aware of some? Thanks.

!

Then you'll never be a director, mang. You won't be able to control a set, talk to your actors or shit on your editor for not doing a good job. It's a social skill just as much as it's a technical one, it's about leading
Either stop being a faget or just give up and look for something else to do.

Seriously, even introverted people can become directors just stop being a pussy