Anyone feels like years 2014-2019 are absolutely cancerous to movie and tv entertainment...

Anyone feels like years 2014-2019 are absolutely cancerous to movie and tv entertainment. It feels like everything now is about virtue signalling or remaking old shit instead anything creative. I fear that 2020's are going to be even worse and the pendulum will never swing back toward the creativity of the 80's-2000's

Attached: 1559741465765.png (539x540, 451K)

most heavily marketed bullshit is like that but outside of blockbusters and shit produced by streaming services stays pretty good

Attached: image.jpg (224x224, 9K)

>Anyone else feel this really common sentiment that has been expressed on this echo chamber board for years now? Please give me (you)s and call me based now, guys. Thanks.

based

Attached: 1563249876622.gif (449x328, 133K)

Because I am a mentally ill incel with nothing else in his life. So I obsess over the things I hate, not realising that this makes me miserable. And in this hugbox, I find others with the same mental illness, so it feels like we are all correct, instead of all mentally ill. I can't focus on positive things because I suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, like many here, and good things make me feel like shit, so I focus strictly on negative things and use the coping mechanism of saying anything positive is "Reddit", a website I have never visted. If anyone likes anything, for any reason, I'll say it's "Reddit" so it saves me the trouble of even knowing what I mean. All I want is an easy way to discredit anything that isn't mentally ill negative discourse, so I can go on being mediocre while shitting on everything that's a threat to my ego and complacency.

Baste

Attached: based.jpg (608x342, 59K)

This is the only original movie that has any worth in the last 5 or so years.

Attached: 268x0w.png (268x402, 194K)

based

Are you suggesting this sentiment would have been present in 90's and early 2000's??

Hollywood stopped making anything good after 2005

Yes user because we all know Yea Forums was around in the 90s

If Yea Forums existed in 90's it would be full of people exciting over upcoming Shwarzenegger and Stallone movies. What made current Yea Forums shit is not the quality of movies but addition of politics (political correctness SJW) that really divided this board and turned it to garbage.

> or remaking old shit instead anything creative.

People have been going on about this for the last 15 years, not just the last 5.

But jewish, your only human.

At the very least your not a narcissist

Then what is The Tree of Life? Or better what is a good movie for you?

It's not a coincidence.

Attached: 1559806956484.png (396x288, 18K)

Tree of Life was horrible. You have to have the shittiest taste to believe that movie was good.

Which is why we need to destroy them

How to stop it bros? Will it return back to normal? Will it also ruin video games and anime?

Attached: 4364336.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Pleb filtered

Dude i just want to get excited again when i hear "Zootopia gonna get a sequel" or "Blade is going to return". 20 years ago we were excited when we would hear that Terminator or Bond is getting new movie. Now it's just fear of whether its going to be WOKE shit or complete bastardization of the original franchise.
There is no longer any excitement for Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, TMNT, Bond or any remake or sequel. Dont give me bullshit that is all nostalgia because there was much better atmosphere back then when people didnt give a shit about Nazis in Indiana Jones movies or in Return to Castle Wolfenstein games.

Attached: 1556806990241.jpg (716x768, 120K)

People have been bitching about liberal propoganda in mass media for at least 100 years.
It does seem particularly hokey these days, though. Hacks only fail upward these days.

Your taste in film is what mine was when I was 12 years old. Maybe try getting excited about movies that aren't soulless products.

If everything is sanitised and triple checked to make sure nobody ever gets offended, you end up with movies that echo Gene Roddenberry's communist paradise where nothing bad ever happens to people who don't deserve it, and everyone lives happily in a multicultural wonderland.

There's nothing normal about those uncanny valley versions of reality. Sitting and watching PC shit silently grates away at you as your suspension of disbelief is slowly chipped away until you're completely disengaged from the movie, and couldn't give a shit what happens to the characters.

Attached: race-mixing-advertising-comic.png (1000x1000, 89K)

So what youre suggesting is to stop watching movies entirely

That coincides with Gamergate and the rise of social justice in the mainstream, so yeah.

It's going to be hard for the pendulum to swing back to the right when the big tech companies are run by and employ neolib cocksuckers.

As much as I hate marvel movies, winter soldier was in this time frame and not loaded with a dumb SJW agenda

It’s because leftist Marxists control Hollywood and the mainstream media now, they decide the narrative which is decidedly anti-white and pro-globalism.

>whether it's going to be woke
safe to say we've left the 'whether' behind a couple years ago