It begins

It begins.

Attached: Screenshot_20190717_092247.jpg (1080x1269, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ovlZk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Villeneuve is chad director, he won't let this shit happen

Stay far away from women writers, they are fucking cancer.

Any good women writers?

Ayn Rand

The Bene Gesserits already seemed rather feminist to me

Princess Anna Komnene

Mary Shelly

rarely, but it happens.

>archive.is/ovlZk
>I don’t hold out hope for a less forced-binary future, or one that doesn’t privilege heterosexual romance
When will ""journalists"" get the rope?

Really? Because it seems like women who jealously guarded their secrets and did nothing with them until a man was born with the same powers who started a Jihad that changed the universe

So no then?

Breaking news: woman writer what’s to make it easier for herself to get a job in Hollywood

Why hasn’t anyone done anything about these spineless cunts yet?

What's stopping journalists and actors conspiring together and getting each others gigs? Cause this shit is getting suspicious now

They're stereotyped in every medieval/classical family drama. They're an elite cabbalistic coven of matriarchs that oversee the destiny of chosen families.

bet this author literally just learned about Dune. Get ready for an onslaught as a bunch of millenial "journalists" who have never read it before finally skim it and try to dissect every possible way it's problematic in current year and what Villeneuve "needs to do."

btw, the fremen were the OG dothraki, Dany's plot was ripped off of Paul's

>btw, the fremen were the OG dothraki, Dany's plot was ripped off of Paul's

the stranger in a strange land premise isn't exactly new, there's lots of books that do it and do it better

They already do this.

pre-Hunger Games Suzanne Collins

Finally watched the first dune movie and I liked it. Why the hell is it considered bad Again?

Agatha Christie

>heterosexuality bad
It's where people come from, you barren roastie cunt.

It's cool to shit on David Lynch.

but Frank Herbert invented the Bene Gesserit, and judging from his beard, he wasn't actually a woman. i could be wrong here.

because the "weirding module" was a shitty way of avoiding hyper-martial-arts knife fights, which is what the Fremen really had over the Sardaukar.

JK Rowling

and this is problematic, how dare a male write female characters

The article makes the stunning leap that Herbert's wife came up with the idea because she was his assistant. See for an archive link.

sounds pretty anti-semitic to me

These are the times we live in. Only females can write female characters, only black people can write black characters, only Muslims can write Muslim characters. But also race and gender are social constructs and anyone can be whatever they want whenever they want. Unless you're a white man.

Dorthy Dunnett

burroughs came pretty close to writing fiction with no women at all.

Unfinished/missing special effects.
Ugly production design.
Still a pretty cool movie, with some great highlights.
Kind of like how Conan is so blandly shot and directed but an amazing film anyway.

Did you read the book? Lynch's version captures the atmosphere pretty good but really cuts a lot of plot of the latter half. In the book, Paul's initiation into the Fremen is much more fleshed out, in the film it just feels awkward and rushed.

And what this user said Still, love the film.

What the fuck is their problem? Women don't like science fiction

>Unfinished/missing special effects.
That's the Producer's cut only.
>Ugly production design.
Totally untrue (except for the shields).

>5% are gay
>5% are lesbian
>.065% are trannies

>is represented in at least 40% of media

Jane Austin

There's a ton of great female writers and directors for that matter. Hollywood just chooses not to hire from either group

A feminist order which are cunning,logical and cruel written by a competent writer (man). How will “they” change this

% are gay
% are lesbian
lol, no

They'll make them dumb, emotional and short-sighted and for some reason that will be considered an improvement.

looks like shit
shit acting
voiceover is the crutch of a bad writer

>be shit tier journalist
>shill your own thinkpiece on Yea Forums and write to provoke
>get views and become award winning superstar
based

Princess Irulan

The only link to the article ITT is an archived one which doesn't get them views. Also only 5 people ITT probably even checked the article out. Also even if this thread hit the bump limit and every single poster and lurker in it clicked on the actual article that still gets them 600 views max. Also you're dumb.

>slanders John the Good because it was her turn

>JK Rowling
Right up until she finished her last HP book.

you right
exposure is bad for journalists
outrage is not profitable

That happens in every industry all over the world, adolescent.

>Shelly
You meant Shelley I suppose

>Austin
You meant Austen I gather

that bitch who made soul reaver

I agree, it's got many flaws, primarily due to the complexity of the source material, but as far as bringing the Dune vision to life, it was fantastic. I love it.

I've asked many people who claim to hate it to explain why they feel that way, and they never come up with really good reasons. The fact of the matter is that most people just say they hate it because everyone else does.

>a couple of anons ITT talking about it
>this is somehow major exposure

Attached: J11TTbH.jpg (474x642, 80K)

You have autism I gather

The Weirding way was the Bene Gesserit Martial art, they were impressed Jessica could beat up one of there veteran men

you're a dumbass. the sets were good, but the pacing was godawful. the movie can barely be called a motion picture: it's more or less an exposition dump with a few action scenes thrown in. the movie tried too hard to be faithful to the book in the worst ways, and deviated in ways that hurt the overall story. for example, books can benefit from having internal monologues from the points of view of multiple characters. in a movie, however, this is just poor plotting.
and shut the fuck up before you try to tell me i'm wrong. i'm 35 and read the first 4 Dune novels, i know what the hell i'm talking about.

pretty sure he ran out of time and money. the first half is great but the second is a mess. fucks with the lore a little but that's less of a problem

are the Whores problematic?

Attached: images (49).jpg (236x236, 10K)

guess you missed the entire gamergate thing

>hasn't even read heretics or chapterhouse

nice relevant opinion lol

a woman wrote american psycho book

I like Fuyumi Ono, she's the author of some nip novels that I enjoy with great world building and diverse cast (The Twelve Kingdoms, Shiki, among others).

Only if they fuck men.

No!

There's a very good reason why I posted an archive instead of the real link.

Only if they fuck white men*

This shit is dead on arrival. Aidskike was a mistake.

Yeah quite a few, but mostly straight and white, a queer woman of color will be drafted in for outrage farming.

I'm so fucking tired of this shit
Can't we have a story that's not about or an allegory for migrants, feminism, or racism

Like bladerunner it was considered shit at the time but it's so far ahead of its time. As another user said the 2nd half misses out some development, it could have probably been 2 films, but studios weren't interested in that back then. I like to imagine a future where it was super successful and Lynch went on to direct a host of sci fi and fantasy films that would have completely changed the language of cinema for the better. Sadly we are now stuck with capeshit action comedy instead which is mainly a derivative of James Cameron's true lies.

nope

Virginia woolf
The brontes including emily's poetry
Austin
Wharton
Willa cather
Rossetti
Toni morrison
Countless others

Simone Weil

Delia Smith.

BENE ?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Villeneuve got his MC from Call Me By Your Name.

Emily Dickinson

He said good.

none alive

I saw it when it came out, and the theater gave all the patrons a handout to explain various terms and concepts. Not a good sign.
I have read the series many times, and Lynch changed fundamental concepts, such as the Bene Gesserit having telepathy instead of being masterful readers of body language.
I think it looks gorgeous and love the cast, but it's a half-formed thing that needed more screen time.

>Chad pls rape me

Lana & Lilly Wachowski

Rumiko Takahashi because she knows that men and women have different tastes and still managed to combine them

true

the telepathy thing made sense given the internal monologues in the film, it kept it somewhat consistant.

Female hentai artists can come up with some crazy storylines mang.

Frank Herbert liked it

>Dune
Isn't basically Galactic Islam?

I would too. It have him a boner most likely.

Based

who cares, the movie will bomb hardcore and the show will get canceled before it even starts

Attached: 1559239670699.jpg (240x240, 12K)

Close, it's galactic Lawrence of Arabia.

did you think we wouldn't notice?

underrated

oh, fuck off

>Endorsed hypergamy
Lolbergs deserve to get cucked and divorce raped.

No, they’ll make them right about everything.

Amy Hempel

Flannery O'Connor

Lynch shouldn't have taken up the offer in the first place. Some books are better left as books. He wasnt really interested in the story in the firsr place either. Also he had a lot of issues with studio interference during editing - he wanted to release a 3hr version but Universal wanted a 2hr film so he had to reshoot, dumb down and simplify a lot of important scenes.

this

Mary Doria Russell, literally recognized by many as the best sci-fi writer of all time.

How can she not have heard about Dune? It's a best selling novel series with a movie as well as multiple television miniseries. Also, don't forget that women watch more television then guys and also read more books and a variety of books. So she probably has heard of Dune.

They added a female writer to Bond and look what we've got. She thinks Bond needs to "evolve" and the film "treats the women properly".

Attached: black-007.png (1280x720, 806K)

>the best sci-fi writer of all time.
That's either Gene Wolfe or Roger Zelazny