Monty Python sucks

I don't get it. I just don't get it. Is this some 2deep4u humour only intelligent people understand or is it just le silly voices lolsorandum xD

Attached: 46808a50f9bb87e9e136b738a2a7c27a60f024b7.0.jpg (1200x800, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oC083te8VP4
youtube.com/watch?v=vQODVsl5pFY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It really does suck but on the few occasions they have a joke that works it is pretty funny, even on such occasions they often run said joke into the ground through repetition. Only exception i can think of is the black knight scene, that didn't repeat the joke too often and ended in a pretty great punchline with the whole "we'll call it a draw" thing.

It's decent to good comedy that gets overhyped and over-quoted so much that anyone first experiencing it NOW will be sorely disappointed.

>just le silly voices lolsorandum
This. The omg lol so random XD crowd loved this shit.

It was funny then, but it is outdated now.

Occasionally some jokes are funny, but again it is all about imagining a different time when this was considered groundbreaking.

Comedy usually does not age well as newer content is based on older comedy, and so on.

They were really funny back then, and were not interested in whether the audience got their humor. They mostly made fun of traditional broadcasts of that time, which again we're not going to be able to make the associations to.

A lot of things that just seem like XD RAMDUMP humor to us today would have made much more sense to people watching from a post-war English perspective. Lots of the jokes are kind of rooted in the classism and urbanization of the day.

Quite a lot of jokes are Just so old or so British it just doesn't land For me. But that's just in their show, their movies are truly fantastic and their best work imo, except for meaning of life which is Just alright

Boomer humor

Lol whacky random thing happened

also, like the above poster said, lots of skits revolved around lampooning British TV of the 50s and 60s in a way that wouldn't resonate with modern viewers.

You're overthinking shit. Boomers thought it was unfunny and were rightfully puzzled when kids started quoting it back in the 2000s.

skits like the Bishop, post ww2 figures, and casket moving stuff still kino
Holy Grail is one of the better Arthurian adaptations to date behind Excalibur obv

It's both, actually. They paradoxically wanted to show off their upper-classness at the same that they were embarrassed by it. So they'll do their "wow, I bet John Cleese went to Cambridge!" intellectual joke, then immediately do a lowbrow "isn't the upper class so silly?" joke.

Monty Python is fucking hilarious. Life of Brian and Holy Grail are among the very best absurdist British comedies ever filmed.
The problem is autistic nerds have quoted these films to death since the early 90s, and then those nerds all moved to reddit.
Now it's "cool" and "based" to shit on Monty Python, because of the fedora fanbase who ruined it.

Comedy rarely holds up over the years. But the fact that 50 year's after it came out people still discuss MPFC shows the impact it made. Remember, it was seriously ground breaking for the 60s.
Prior to these guys doing this comedy was just double entendres about knickers, actors and bishops.

>boomer humor
>made by people all born during WWII

Boomers are literally the only people who ever liked Python. They were sick of their parents lording the good old days over them, and Python did a grand job of razzing the entire previous generation's view of the world.

youtube.com/watch?v=oC083te8VP4

>I don't get it. I just don't get it.

Then it's probably not for you. I don't mean that as an insult. Comedy's just one of those things where it's either your type of humor or it isn't.

it is pretty hit ir miss. when its funny is very funny, when its not, its kinda cringe.

but the movies are great - life of brian could be just heretic edgy bullshit but it has a whole lot of heart and an unironically beautiful ending.

>cringe outdoors sketch with no dialogue
>goes on for literally ever

Attached: spongebob-cringe-elite-daily.png (480x368, 225K)

It's Rick and Morty 40 years before.

In jokes for losers so they feel like they have friends

ITT: zoom zoom zoom

it's dated now but it was years ahead of its time

youtube.com/watch?v=vQODVsl5pFY

nowadays its decent to good comedy but the reason its hyped so mpuch is because of how groundbreaking it was. First season of flying circus aired in 1969 so this was like the funniest thing in existence back then

Back in the day it was kinda original, not really but atleast somewhat. Nowadays it is basically what dumb people think is """intelligent""" humor.

Brits are some of the dumbest people I have ever met. They are blissfully unaware of how they are perceived by non-American foreigners though and their delusions of grandeur knows no bounds. Bunch of fat ugly inbreds, the lot of 'em.