Who makes the best movies?

Who makes the best movies?

Attached: file.png (700x545, 136K)

1. France (They make the most movies out of all european countries. Pretty much the Hollywood of Europe.)

2. UK (Good selection of comedies and gangster flicks)

3. Denmark (Underrated. Plenty of good movies come from there.)

4. Belgium (Not to be underestimated, either)

India

India.

Alright apparently it wasn't obvious, but the context is "European country"

All european cinema is utter shit.

Name one single movie that isn't a drama or romantic comedy

Superpower in 5 months

This. They can rename their entire continent as Sneedope as well.

What was the name of that James Bond parody movie, got a sequel two years ago? That.

I like British comedies and crime stuff, which frequently blends together.
France is too up their own ass with being arty and avant-garde.
The Dutch make pretty great dramas.
Scandies have funny languages and I can't take them seriously.

>pumps out masterpieces for decades
>suddenly irrelevant
What went wrong?

Attached: 1449267576359.png (720x551, 109K)

Too much incest.

For every good movie Italy made they produced about a million shit ones that are racy even by today's standards.

The Balkans.

When your entire country exists on wine, olive oil, garlic, and inbreeding, film skills go out the window.

>Name one single movie that isn't a drama or romantic comedy

Watch Elle user. Recent Verhoeven thriller (guy who made robocop & total recall). Fantastic film

Attached: elle-Vehoeven.jpg (1000x1426, 392K)

France is the only one that matters. France, the US and the USSR are the only countries that are genuinely important to the advent and evolution of cinema.

The Scandinavians seem to have a knack for great film making. I feel like they are the dark horse of cinema.

agreed
Joachim Trier (Norwegian) is one of my favourite current filmmakers
Thelma, Oslo 31st August and Louder than Bombs are fantastic films

& Bergman of course is an all time great, i love his films, and he has probably had one of the greatest influences of anyone, on cinema in general.
Jan Troell for The Immigrants & The New Land, which Liv Ulman said were the best things she ever did.
Ruben Ostlund won the Palme d'Or recently

Attached: thelma-review-20171122.jpg (1600x900, 122K)

Flickering lights.

Attached: CompassionateBrilliantHarpseal-max-1mb.gif (360x203, 835K)

I hate Europoors so fucking much.

Attached: 1561503737758.jpg (640x425, 64K)

Not a film, but the Italian HBO series last year 'My Brilliant Friend' is one of my favorite HBO series ever.
There's also Guadagnino: A Bigger Splash, I Am Love & Call Me by Your Name that i've seen are all pretty great.
Sorrentino. The Young Pope. The Great Beauty. He also produced My Brilliant Friend.

The first couple seasons of Gomorrah are great too.

Attached: l-amica-geniale_4.jpg (2750x1833, 2.92M)

Serbia

Snatch

Attached: Mickey-ONeil-Snatch-Brad-Pitt.jpg (500x507, 70K)

For me, it's Pretty Village, Pretty Flame

Attached: Lepaselalepogore.jpg (217x309, 28K)

Earthlings

This!

What one movie have they made?

I wish there were more Finnish movies.

1995 Palm d' Or winner "Underground".

Attached: Underground.jpg (580x832, 102K)

Russia and Italy. They have made the most contributions to cinema in Europe.

French mainstream movies are pure shit though. Adam Sandler lvl comedy. Indie french films on the other hand are more daring.

Glad to see Belgium mentioned, my country has potential for surrealism and comedy but there is just not enough budget and demand.

france obviously

Russia and Italy made some of the best films of the 20th century.

www.google.com

Not even spaniards likes Spanish movies.

Attached: 1435512672231.jpg (403x403, 53K)

Too white for you mutt?

Bump

Chris Nolan, Hitchcock: English
Sure, a lot of their movies were produced in Hollywood, but there's plenty of British film making there

1. Italy (Michelangelo Antonioni, Luchino Visconti, Federico Fellini, Mario Bava, Dario Argento, Pietro Germi, Ettore Scola, Mario Monicelli, Elio Petri, Valerio Zurlini, Lucio Fulci, Giuseppe Tornatore, Marco Bellocchio, Vittorio De Sica, Roberto Rossellini, Pier Paolo Pasolini, Ermanno Olmi)
2. Russia (Andrei Tarkovsky, Alexandr Sokurov, Aleksey German, Sergei Eisenstein, Mikhail Kalatozov, Alexander Dovzhenko, Andrey Zvyagintsev, Elem Klimov, Konstantin Lopushansky)
3. Czechoslovakia (Karel Kachyňa, František Vláčil, Miloš Forman, Věra Chytilová, Ivan Passer, Jaroslav Papoušek, Antonín Máša, Pavel Juráček, Jiří Menzel, Jan Němec, Jaromil Jireš, Evald Schorm, Vojtěch Jasný, Jan Schmidt, Juraj Jakubisko, Štefan Uher, Dušan Hanák, Ján Kadár, Elo Havetta, Oldřich Lipský, Ladislav Smoljak, Jan Švankmajer)
4. France (Jean Renoir, Jean Pierre Melville, Henri-Georges Clouzot, Robert Bresson, Abel Gance, Marcel Carne, Jean Luc Godard, Francois Truffaut, Jacques Rivette, Eric Rohmer, Jean Vigo, Jean Eustache, Alain Resnais, Jean Cocteau, Leos Carax, Agnes Varda, Chris Marker, Claude Chabrol, Louis Malle)
5. Poland (Andrzej Wajda, Krzysztof Kieslowski, Wojciech Has, Roman Polanski, Andrzej Zulawski, Piotr Szulkin, Jerzy Skolimowski, Krzysztof Zanussi, Andrzej Munk, Jerzy Kawalerowicz)
This applies only to the 20th century. This century it's probably Russia and Italy, they still make some good films. But it's weaker compared to the past.

get a load of this hornses ass

>ctrl+f "japan"
>0 results
I expected better, Yea Forums

Attached: rashomon.jpg (554x346, 68K)

>map of Europe
>Japan
Yea Forums was just fine until you came in.

I saw India and Russia posts and thought we were including Asia too, sorry.

balkankino

Attached: Posljednji_Srbin_u_Hrvatskoj_plakat_HR.jpg (1639x2362, 3.85M)

You are forgiven.

Epic bait

1. US
2. UK
3. South Korea

t. Zoomer who only watches mainstream thriller films