Can a show survive without its main character?

Can a show survive without its main character?

Attached: hopper-1562877237.jpg (480x477, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O5HQ1sZseKg&t=1m13s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OP9QDGUIdQo
youtube.com/watch?v=JC7e1ov0hfI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The main character of this show is Mr. Hawkins. No if you are called Two and a half Men.

That "death" was mindblowingly stupid.
They even bring up "The American" as a prisoner in the last scene.

Main character is Steve
Also he's not dead

Who is the american? Do we know this man? What does he like?

He was an SJW cunt. Ruined ST with his preachy speech at the emmys.

Steve is certainly the best character, they should cut Nancy and Jonathan and give him more screen time.

Why would you ever watch the Emmy's?

Steve = Hopper = Billy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> literally everyone else. These three carry this fucking show. I was miles more invested in Steve's unJUSTing than the coke couple's investigation.

Attached: 1496593738954.jpg (500x500, 75K)

he'll be back season 4 episode 2

The Russian villain called Hopper "The American" multiple times.

Pretty obvious he's not dead. Brought up "The American" bit to a co-worker and he said "but isn't Eleven trained to find any person in the world?" Then remember that Eleven conveniently lost her powers in the last episode.

Its alive Jim

Show my main mutt Dustin some love. He may be an ugly little critter but hes got character

here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=O5HQ1sZseKg&t=1m13s

>won't do cringey things to make his girl smile
That's why you will always be an incel while ugly Chads like Dustin get all the girls.

you're barking up the wrong tree friend

Steve=Hopper=Billy>Dustin=Will>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mike

>Mike the worst
That spot clearly goes to Max

Why do people hate Max so much? It was great seeing her BTFO of Mike. She even made El tolerable, because I hated her for the last 2 seasons.

Pretty sure Lukas' sister is by far and away the worst character across all seasons.

She's a coal burner

I fast forwarded all her spoken dialogue. SUCH an obnoxious character.

I'm looking mainly at the main cast, here's to hoping she doesn't become a regular and this was just a one time thing, but if I was going for overall worst, its easily the El's ""Sister"" from Season 2.
I actually found their romance to be much more enjoyable than Mike and El. Alone both are Meh characters, but their scenes together were good. Max is only really good as a support character, she falls flat on her own.

What the fuck were they thinking with the sisters arc?
My biggest problem with season 2 is shit like that, there were too many pointless arcs that didn't lead back into the overall story

Season 2 only really exist just to add Max and Billy to the roster, for as much as I loved Bob, he was a character always meant to die, and only lasted as long as he did because they like the actor.
Its a shame too because S2 highs, I'd say were better than S1, but its lows were fucking awful and there's so much of it.
Did they even mention the sister at all in S3?

I like Sean Astin but I didnt give a fuck about Bob, when he died I felt nothing
That was another problem I had with season 2

This scene ruined the episode.

Don't worry op, he'll be back as Hopper the White adorned with a white police uniform and a trimmed mustache.

Didn't the actor for Hopper get buff for Hellboy? Because he's still fat here.

That was a muscle suit

they will reveal the american and it won't be him and then they will "surprise" you by revealing he's alive somewhere else

probably the upside down
>i went in just before it closed!
then he will be the new villain guy or something

>Will
>REEEEEEEEEE let's play dnd because I'm obviously gay and can't comprehend nor acknowledge attraction to the opposite sex
What is it like being oblivious lads? I could always tell when I wasn't wanted or when people didn't like me and I generally left or stop interacting with those people. How is it like not being able to tell those things?

Will isn't gay, he just wanted to hang with the bros. But it was a huge waste of time in the end, because right after their fight, its gets blown over like it never happened.

REMEMBER THE 80'S?

I don't know man. The scene where Mike said "not my fault you don't like girls" or something lasted a bit longer than it had to. I guess the D brothers will pull something out of their magic wardrobe with this one.

Will's actor confirmed that he isn't gay, he just not ready for girls yet which makes sense since he's the youngest

>because right after their fight, its gets blown over like it never happened.
And yeah, I guess people tend to forget about petty fights after avoiding death from outer world demons.

>he's the youngest
They are the same age.

My point was that they spent like 4 episodes on it, just to drop it completely without it ever being mentioned again.
I thought he was supposed to be a year younger than the rest of them

suzie is best girl

I hope that they get rid of Lucas sis and replace her with Suzie

user, i like you

>My point was that they spent like 4 episodes on it, just to drop it completely without it ever being mentioned again.
That can happen in real life too. You don't need to talk over fights to simply get over them. Although it doesn't seem right for cinema.

>I thought he was supposed to be a year younger than the rest of them
Did he join class from another school or something? I forgot if that's the case. I just looked at the wiki and some other places that say they are the same age.

But at least you got a wubba lubba DUB DUB, my dude.

So one thing I don't really understand

What exactly does the government/russia even gain from these experiments to the other side? Is it just a case of "well we found it, so we may as well explore and see if we can find something useful" when it's pretty damn clear it's just a terrible fucking idea to mess with it? Is it just the search for some new weapon for cold war stuff?

Is anyone else afraid to get into this show simply because it's SO beloved by normalshits?

Imagine being so insecure that you refuse to watch a tv show you're curious about because other people like it

I was but then I bit the bullet and watched and it was really good
Season 1 is a TV masterpiece like everyone says

You're asking why Soviet Russia would be interested in controlling a hell portal in the middle of the United States?

Also anyone who thinks Hopper is dead is a legit idiot. He glanced directly at the portal before the explosion. He went into the Upside Down and came out the other end in Russia, where they imprisoned him.

>You're asking why Soviet Russia would be interested in controlling a hell portal in the middle of the United States?
Alright fair enough I guess that's obvious

But what about the US?

It's an extension of the space race. Considering all the horrific shit that comes out of there, it's pretty reasonable to assume there are useful discoveries to be made by exploring the upside-down. Military and scientific alike.

They didn't even need to dangle that carrot; I could tell he wasn't dead the moment we didn't see him die, the moment Winona didn't see him die.

You don't get it man. I go to uni and there's this one dude, like 21 years old, who literally makes this show his life and identity. He keeps up with everything the child actors do IRL and talks about the show with everyone.

This guy gets it. The way Hopper looked at the gate says it all. He knew a person could survive in there and the ending just explains he probably came out of the gate in Russia.

>a person could survive in there
He'll definitely come out as a not-so-fat Rambo, needing to survive (or hide from, more likely) the raw Mindflayer, probably a surplus of Demogorgons in a multitude of growth stages, and whatever else that place has to offer in the way of weird shit.

>Will's actor confirmed that he isn't gay
source?

season 1 is solid. but season 2 is a shittier version of S1 with a bigger budget. and S3 is somehow way worse than S3

I can't even argue, these 3 are the only reason to watch the show
Now that two of them are gone, s4 will suck shit even harder than s3

>not just skipping the musical
I doubt this was the based goblins fault anyway

Based and Steve/Hopper/Billypilled.

How does the portal end in russia? The upside down was always the same area just another dimension. Did the russians find a way to connect them?

>"Leave the door open three inches"
On top of the non-existing Hopper guts, this was easily the biggest hint he went through the gate. Guaranteed he will refer to this line when he returns.

Attached: just.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

He's still alive obviously

Fthpbp

Attached: 1528340718160.png (1039x948, 767K)

There will be some deal where he got sucked into the upside down right before the explosion, and he gets possessed by the Mindflayer or some such.

Billy was barely around in S3. He's physically there, sure, but after the first episode or two, he's basically just a meatpuppet.

Two part question: how old is the actress who plays Susie? And is it bad that I want to take her anal virginity?

I don't know what it is about Dacre, but the man is completely hypnotic, gives a damn good performance too. Good range of emotions.

>hating on his Emmy speech
it was gay as fuck, but it brought us this, so I can't do it

Attached: 1511065752058.webm (400x372, 2.81M)

Nah he’s getting fatter and balder by the day

Does it aggravate anyone else how much of a non-character Will is?

>Spends S1 and 2 as a glorified plot device.
>Spends S3 doing absolutely nothing but getting goosebumps occasionally, and bitching about nobody wanting to play D&D anymore

I loved her even more after that.

I'm convinced at this point that she's just a genuinely mentally ill person that people trick into standing in front of a camera

Yes, especially him just standing around getting goosebumbs for the whole season, that got old really fast.

Mah nigga Henry Winkler needs to hold a class about not huffing your own farts.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OP9QDGUIdQo

She probably didn't know what the fuck Harbour was saying. That and the Nazi bit triggered her, I'm sure

>go through the worst hell imaginable, fleeing from a terrifying monster in a dark, cold underworld for like a week, never knowing when it’s gonna pop up and rip your face off
>finally catches you and mouth rapes you, leaving some living Lovecraft dildo and its eggs in your throat and stomach respectively
>just barely manage to survive and somehow kind of readjust to society, even though you should have super-PTSD
>oh wait, it’s not over
>as if vomiting up baby monsters and being randomly teleported back to hell weren’t bad enough, now an even worse monster wants to rape your supple, young boipucci
>it mindfucks you, possesses you, kills your new stepdad, and the only way to get it out is by your mom torturing you and burning your skin
>get through all that shit, too, and miraculously without acquiring an alcohol addiction
>just wanna play some fucking tabletop games with your bros like you used to, before every villain of the week decided it wanted to rape some part of your body or soul
>”lol sorry guys, I don’t do that baby shit anymore. I have to make out with my 40 year old looking, mentally 6 year old, girlfriend at every possible moment.”

I don’t blame the little fag.

Attached: A43BFC6C-8C4F-4F25-B23C-2F486BF937A3.gif (350x266, 1.72M)

This. Will deserves some DND.

They made him fat as fuck on purpose this season so that he can become shredded as fuck in Russian prison.

Dr. Brinner looks like he’s grinding on Noni’s brapper. Maybe that’s why she’s making faces.

>the Nazi bit triggered her
Probably. No one likes being reminded of their oven dodging origins.

Attached: 1438326650479.jpg (500x740, 107K)

kids are mains.
gets zero credit for saving them 3 times.

This is not like the magicians where Quentin is dead. Until the magicians air without Quentin we will never know the answer to your question.

Will Hopper be able to survive the gulag?

I just assumed he was in the upside down until that prison scene. I think it'll be a fakeout, though and like said he's in the upside down

Based

BasedDUSTYBUN KILLED THE SHERIFF MAN RIP

16 according to google and no, that's perfectly normal.
At least here it is.

I just want Hop to come back so he can have his date with Joyce

Shippers should be executed

This

>oh they finally have the balls to kill a main character off
>bazinga, this is a Netflix show

Here's what happened:
>David Harbour signs onto Hellboy, the Duffers opt to 'kill him' to avoid scheduling conflicts
>Hell boy bombs
>tack on that last scene

This

How come only white boys wear short, mini skirt-like shorts in the whole season?

Yeah because we got Robin.

Can a Sneed survive without his Feed and Seed?

Who the fuck is Mike?

they intentionally show hopper looking at the gate before everything blows up tho

Wasn't it just an accident from training Eleven?

The only answer that would make sense is that opening a portal to the other dimension would destroy the US. However that idea falls apart since, iiirc, they talk about other bases and have demogorgon(s) in Russia, so that must mean they either transported them from Indiana all the way to Russia or have access to the other dimension in Russia.

DESU I think it will either be because the Mindflayer is mindcontrolling people to open a portal, or for some bullshit cliché reason. The military discovered this incredibly dangerous thing and decide to fuck with it because government bad.

>Thinks Hopper won't return
Did you not see the last few scenes of the season? He's jumped through to the second gate in Russia. It's an elaborate Stargate reference.

Attached: O'Neill is pleased with your reference.jpg (500x281, 23K)

well hopper got from Hawkins to Russia most likely through the upside down gate so maybe the Russians were trying to set up an invasion

>so maybe the Russians were trying to set up an invasion
Is this show turning into Stargate?
youtube.com/watch?v=JC7e1ov0hfI

Attached: Russians at the Gate.jpg (500x280, 59K)

It's turning in to your sisters cunt

Better yet, can I make it through season 4 without Billy?

how come the black boy is even blacker than last season? You can hardly see him in most exterior scenes. Do they even lightning?

kill yourself poofter

That face he makes when he says "for you" man that was something else

Kill yourself faggot scum

So you can see froggo's delicious legs obviously

He said it's up to the audience's interpretation, which is a smart move, keeps everyone happy and avoids him becoming a target of the LBQT+ wrath

Ask me again when they actually kill him.

Gotta make time for more Tumblr ships! But the D&D thing is very important

>caring about the opinion of a successful actor in hollywood on any subject

They only keep getting work if they have the correct opinion.

Mel Gibson is an outlier who basically has to make his own movies to stay in the industry now

Do it user

>S1 is pure kino
>S2 is basically a rehash of the first, one AWFUL episode but the rest are great
>S3 is very enjoyable, just more of the same

It never reached the pure kinographic experience of S1 again but it's very fun to watch

fuck yourself reddit nigger

Because it's fucking hot outside

Make me you double nigger

Vikings tried and failed.

THREADLY REMINDER THAT WINONA RYDER CANT ACT FOR S H I T

EVERYTIME SHES ON SCREEN IT BECOMES A COMEDY LMAO

IS SHE SERIOUS WITH THIS SHIT

AND SHE HAS TOP BILLING, BASICALLY RUINS THE ENTIRE SHOW BRAVO NETFLIX

THIS
Will must be protecc'd!!!

They literally dusted the cast if you can't realise

Hopper billy and the beyers are never coming back

They literally killed off 5 lead characters and made Millie a cameo only

Will might come back also but Winona davidH and Jonathan are never ever going to be on the show again

If you say bullshit on Winona she is the robin actors godmother IRL and gave her job in her place as part of a royalties deal she wants out

And heather is Nancy's actors IRL best friend who they clearly cast because Jonathan is leaving (her IRL boyfriend )

Attached: 0201907130753.png (1440x4000, 2.7M)

It absolutely killed the third act of a lackluster season. It could have been okay, maybe even funny, if Dustin sang a line but no this is going to drag on and on and become a fucking duet. The worst part of the entire season. And this season has sassy Erica and fucking full on seizure episodes.

There is no way they get rid of half their cast.

I always think there's no one dumb enough to buy obvious over emotional fakeout endings anymore in 2019. Then retards like this give the producers hope.

Vikings writing went to shit way before Ragnar died.
The actors chosen and plot decisions are also awful for post ragnar arcs
>everything about cripple rage retard
>fuck all focus on Bjorn because making a show more focused on Viking Mediterranean adventures would be way expensive
>just flat out shitting on history at this point by killing off the most historically influential brother

Dude they strait up say in the ending that they are never coming back moron

And specifically say Millie and will might be back

That means Jonathan and winonna are gone 100%

I agree they could start season4 with hopper living in upside down like Rambo but trust me

Cutting hopper and Winona and making Millie only a mid season cameo makes the show literally half as expensive to make .

They did it they dusted IMO only 1 of the dusted will return

>Dude they strait up say in the ending that they are never coming back
I can only assume you're 5.

Hopper is most certainly going to be a major plot development for season four. Why take away Eleven's powers? So she can't locate Hopper that's why. It was so blatant that I thought they were actually just going to literally show us Hopper, and have the rest of the cast not know. And then when Eleven gets her powers back in the next season and finds Hopper the whole crew has to try to find a way to save him.

This isn't a bad thing

The first season worked because it only had a few characters that were really focused on, so just enough for
>Hopper/Joyce subplot
>Steve/Jonathon/Nancy subplot
>Kids subplot

This season had F O U R subplots and too many characters crammed into each one

Admittedly this is because they introduced shit characters in addition to the S1 chars but still

Truthfully, like Will said, the core group doesn't even hang out with each other.

>Season 1 is a TV masterpiece like everyone says
These are the "people" we share a board with

Go on then

Explain why you didn't like it

He's not the main character, the kids are. Also, not dead just got teleported to the Upside down

Scrubs tried to turn the main cast into side characters the final season. Also didn't the last season of The Office lose Steve Carrell?
I don't think any show has survived losing a star

formerly can't