Anyone else see the screenings? Legitimately unsettling, stellar soundtrack...

Anyone else see the screenings? Legitimately unsettling, stellar soundtrack. The Joker aspect is a bit forced but it's the only reason we get he scene where Joaquin and De Niro play off each other. It's a definitely flawed but honest character study of a dude losing control. I expect a 50-60% on RT because it's not a whole crowd pleasing film, it's very slow and he's only Joker in the last act. Most of the film is Joaquin Phoenix getting beat up and failing at various things. Surprised Todd Phillips made this, there's not a glimmer of any hope throughout the whole film.

Attached: IMG_20190626_190203.jpg (1024x707, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/c2z2u8/joker_test_screening_details/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*the scene

What would you score it out of 10?

Post the plot of the movie or fuck off

Here you go: reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/c2z2u8/joker_test_screening_details/

What was the best scene?
Is the Joker a full blown villain or do they play the antihero angle?

You feel sympathy towards him until he starts doing some awful stuff towards the end of the movie.

He is not portrayed and an antihero and is a villain.

What are the chances of Phoenix getting an Oscar nom for it?

He's just a sympathetic guy who gets fucked over too many times. There's definitely a point where you're supposed to stop sympathizing with him as he does some awful stuff revving up the 3rd act where he goes full Joker.

7 or 8. Not perfect but pretty good.

>some awful stuff towards the end of the movie.
>where he goes full Joker.

Can you share some details?

Possible if the film goes through with the plan to screen in Venice. He really kills it.

Murders all 3 of the wall street guys in the train in the trailer, kills mom, kills co worker who visits him to get a drink with him, goes on a late night talk show and kills the host.

what the cheesiest line delivery?

any BG4U 2.0?

Is this Todd Phillips's best movie? Has he evolved as a filmmaker?

Being a failed standup comic, turning into the Joker, the most pity-less and badass villain of all time is pretty retarded. I don't buy it. But I'm still going to see the movie.

I saw it like a month ago so I don't remember any standout cringey lines. But I do remember joaquin delivering all of them like a pro.

Attached: imthejokerbaby.jpg (1280x720, 40K)

He isn't really the Joker from the comics. He acts and talks like the character, but he doesn't have any giant schemes or anything like that.

>the basis of the best joker comic ever is somehow implausible as a film

Yes. The shots in this are great and the film overall looks great.

It's not just that. He gets beat up everyday, has the false hope he's Thomas Wayne's son and stalks Wayne's family and that gets him beat up by Thomas, he lives in the shitty side of town where there's a garbage strike so there's trash bags everywhere, gothams social services are shut down and so are his meds, he's also clearly unhinged cause he has a lot of angry expressions and little things he does before Joker that show potential for how violent he could be, finds out he's adopted and his mom let her boyfriend sexually and mentally abuse him when he has 4 so she could pay rent, bombs at standup cause his laughing condition which makes him laugh hard under stress and is taped and sent to a late night talk show where the host makes fun of the tape and people walk up to him and tell him that he's not funny and then later he's invited to the show as a gag but obviously it doesn't end that way. but that's not even all of it.

Is this movie more than a Taxi Driver/King of Comedy retread?

Definitely infleunced. Not really a noticeable knockoff. There's definitely a Scorsese undertone throughout the whole film.

Is there any actual super crime in it?

>grimdark capeshit

Attached: 1562040019279.jpg (272x245, 72K)

Will SJW critics trash it because Arthur calls Sophie a whore or is thee rest of it so good that they will overlook it?

Do you consider shooting a TV host while live a "super crime?"

Thanks for whetting my appetite, I can't wait for it to come out.

Does he do it in an overly flamboyant or comedic way?

OK, leave out the failed stand up comic part, and I'm in. But... He's gonna be a failed stand up comic. Lame.

Yeah. He goes on the show and talks about his life and tells some awful jokes before killing DeNiro.

It's not in a big Joker style flare as this is a proto Joker. He says bad jokes and then laughs a lot, giving into his condition instead of trying to cover it up like he did before.

Does he still have scars in the movie or did they remove that from the script?

SJW critics won't like it cause he's happy in the end of it and has come at peace with himself with who he has become, he dances to That's Life by Sinatra as the credits roll.

Very kino.

It's something I guess but I still think it doesn't live up to the potential of the premise. It all seems to be very grounded when I'd probably really enjoy an actual supervillain movie that has him planning and executing the kind of thing Nicholson's Joker would have done.

That's not the premise though. The premise that was pitched to WB was a character study that showed the mental and societal factors that could turn a person into the Joker. The movie succeeds in what it sets out to accomplish. This Joker was never going to be very theatrical like Nicholson's.

That's what SOCIETY made him

Attached: 1544775541922.jpg (500x500, 24K)

You get some "Jokery" moments with him dancing on the stairs and in his underwear to Bennie and the Jets when he's putting on the costume and that's life in the asylum, also after he shoots de niro he looks in the camera and says the catchphrase de niros character did on the show in a very exaggerated manner.

Attached: whyyoubeingthejokerdude.jpg (480x360, 12K)

why is he running so much?

>Murders all 3 of the wall street guys in the train in the trailer
What's awful about enforcing the NAP?

He wants to say it.