What is the best CGI you have ever seen in a movie?

What is the best CGI you have ever seen in a movie?

Attached: 1504673498584.jpg (825x464, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fV34mT5m0bM
youtu.be/50oNFpKHjJ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I forgot this movie existed. My family went to see it and I remember it being awful.

It wasn't awful, it received very good reviews and is considered a cult classic, it just didn't perform very well because it has a very niche appeal.

Cult Classic!? LOL by who?

Attached: 1563114533433.png (1920x804, 1.32M)

they need to remake this and make it BRIGHTER

LOL 46% audience? How bad do you have to be?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 8.39.25 PM.png (1070x666, 89K)

by people with good taste

I dunno, but that's what it says on Wikipedia.

Despite being a box office bomb, generating $58 million for a $70 million budget, Sky Captain received largely positive reviews, particularly for the style of filming that was used, while some criticism was directed at the plot and characterization. It has since gained a following and is regarded as a cult classic. It is notable as one of the first major films, along with Casshern (2004) and Immortal, and Sin City (2005), to be shot entirely on a "digital backlot", blending actors with CG surroundings.

I fell asleep and slept through most of it. kino

kill yourself reddit zoomer nigger

Ah, don't even bother. He reddit spaces, says "LOL" in every post, and considers Rotten Tomatoes to be the word of God.

This movie got panned when it came out and the CGI was awful.

shark in kon-tiki
davy jones
background stuff in fincher movies

human skin is a still at least a decade away before it can be accurately rendered from scratch for a movie

The movie was well received, it just didn't make much money. Like Blade Runner 2049. Plenty of good movies aren't successful in box office. Some movies don't even appear in theaters.

Frankly I'm just trying to get people to post Sky Captain webms because I don't have any and can't find any in the archive. Please help me.

Unironically the Matrix during the fights in The Matrix. Was so fucking mind blowing.

>human skin is still at least a decade away before it can be accurately rendered
ok keep telling yourself that user

Attached: tearcutHD.webm (2048x1608, 2.79M)

I don't know, I couldn't recognise it

here's a still image

Attached: K0baBKu copy.jpg (3118x1603, 3.06M)

The idea was good, but the movie itself was really dull and forgettable. Shame, since I love the pulp theme.

I forgot humans are made of wax

The backgrounds in all the bullet time shots were CGI. Or at least photographs stitched together on a computer since the 360 degree camera rig was on a greenscreen stage. It's noticeable in HD but still damn impressive for 1999.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-06-28-14h33m25s807.png (1920x1080, 1.4M)

I would hesitate to call this accurate.

Looks worse than Love Death and Robots

>he thinks that looks realistic

it's exactly the same

Attached: aba_dev_sidebyside.jpg (2068x980, 111K)

You can clearly see that it's shinier and smoother on the left

I don't know, I wouldn't have realized it was CGI.

>decide to create robo waifu movie.
>shit up video of the actress with computer.
>pocket money.

War for the Planet of the Apes has the best cgi in movie history

>they don't realize this is cutting edge CGI and think it could be better
You didn't even see the movie in the theater faggot. What the fuck do you know?

>he paid this Jew money to watch Chinese cartoons on the "big screen"

Attached: 220px-Jon_Landau_2010.jpg (220x330, 15K)

Heard the studio made them add color at the last minute. The film was originally supposed to be in black and white. It honestly looks much better in b/w.

Attached: sky-captain-and-the-world-of-tomorrow-number-two-2004-david-lee-guss.jpg (900x506, 103K)

"Add color"? You mean remove black and white?

The dude who made this was a nobody who got a massive budget and A list actors to star in it all because of a demo reel
I wish studios still took this kind of risk even though this movie bombed

>not seeing Alita in IMAX 3D
I'm sorry for your loss

Attached: 1557550255945 copy.jpg (720x680, 112K)

The real loss would have been seeing Alita at all.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-06-29-01h51m34s201.png (1248x702, 649K)

It's too bad it flopped. I love pulp adventure movies and this is one of my all time favorites. It's been a major source of inspiration for my own creative projects.

>he paid this Jew money to watch Chinese cartoons on the "big screen"
Eleven times.

Attached: 1555735526800.jpg (2180x1152, 640K)

yup, a decade

Yep. The orangutans had me fooled at points, probably because of the relative lack of hair

Never saw the movie, the only recollection I have of it even existing is reading a review in fucking Focus on the Family's magazine when it came out.

Looked up the trailer & don't feel particularly compelled to watch it. The whole "steampunk, except its interwar" aesthetic throws me off.

This movie was shit.
Yeah, and Sky Captain isn't one of them. There's dozens!

That's it's whole basic appeal, being a 30s noir serial like you'd have seen in the movies, very Fleischer-inspired and art deco.

How the fuck did they do it? Why does it look better than movies decades later?

Attached: Jurassic_Park_poster.jpg (220x328, 67K)

you seem pretty certain about that

youtube.com/watch?v=fV34mT5m0bM

Attached: madhav-kumar-triboro-build12.jpg (1920x1459, 168K)

Mirror Mask was the better early digital backlot film.

Attached: v1[1].aDszMDUzO2o7MTgxMzU7MTIwMDs3MDA7Mzgx.jpg (700x381, 58K)

Attached: MV5BMGIyMjFhMGUtZDJiOC00NGNhLTkxZGUtZjFkMDYyNDEyOWI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc5Mjg4Nzc@._V1_UY1200_CR85,0,6 (630x1200, 76K)

Almost frighteningly good

Attached: Young Ant-Man.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

It's the first time i was impressed with de-aging. The RDJ one in Civil War didn't work for me

the CGI cheetah in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.

Kill yourself tranny

Blade Runner 2049. Glad I saw it in theaters, just wish I could have seen it in IMAX.

Attached: Blade_Runner_2049_VFX_Breakdown_DNEG_2.webm (960x540, 2.42M)

yeah... it's honestly shocking how good this looks. Absolutely groundbreaking CGI

Dead Man's Chest

Attached: 1515689969910.webm (1920x1080, 2.7M)

>just wish I could have seen it in IMAX.
Why though? It wasn't shot in IMAX, it was shot digitally in the ARRIRAW format at a resolution of 3.4K (open gate). The footage was then upscaled to 4K for VFX work but that's nowhere near the resolution of 70mm (IMAX) which is said to have a rough equivalent resolution of 12K.

>steampunk

dieselpunk you disgusting plebian

IMAX projectors are much better though
it was a clear difference to me

>looks much better in b/w.
I'll have to try that. I re-watched the Star Wars Prequels in BW and it really brought home the pulp fetish the george was milking.

why is lana condor so hot yet such a massive libtard?

>IMAX projectors are much better though
Yes, but not noticeably so, especially not the Digital or Laser projectors which are not exactly the true IMAX experience (this of course depends on your theater). I too watched it in "IMAX" but could immediately tell that it really wasn't. I would have liked to watched the standard screening just to have that comparison now.

Interestingly though, Deakins, the man who shot and lit Blade Runner 2049, opined that "[his] preferred version is the standard 2D widescreen version," and reiterated it when he said the film should be watched in 2.39 scope as he matched it to the original's aspect ratio.

>why is she such a massive libtard
probably because she's pretty young

Attached: lana-condor--4-1532928959-view-1.jpg (796x647, 77K)

Yeah with anything shot by Deakins I'd always go with however he intended the movie to be seen which means the theatrical version

It's understandable how you think that's accurate since you haven't really seen how another human looks like up close

Your steampunk undertale AU isn't really what I'd call a 'creative project'

WHATEVER NERD

The actress is prettier than Alita

This was good, not because it was perfectly done but because it was utilized well (dimly lit room, a very short close up). They also put in a lot of work like is shown in your webm for just a few seconds in the film.

yeah she's gorgeous

Attached: rosa-salazar-berlin-14.jpg (815x1222, 290K)

ARRRRRRGH I CANNOT LIKE SOMEONE UNLESS I AGREE WITH THEIR POLITICS

Tell tell if this post is real or real shitty bait

>steampunk

dieselpunk you disgusting plebian

Why are alitadrones so embarassing

They are, unironically, incels.

>incels
they're trannies you dumb fuck

I have a strainer on my kitchen I use to strain pasta with smaller pores than that "realistic" skin.

Nostalgia goggles, the scene that only looks stellar is the T-Rex paddock scene because it's dark and it's mixed so well between the animatronics and CGI.

Even if it's just one scene that's still one scene made in fucking 1993 that looks more convincing than almost anything in current blockbuster movies. 26 years of technological advancement and barely anything tops it. That's just plain embarrassing.

It's not really a technological issue as much as it is an artistic one.
We're used to being bombarded with cgi, every movie seems to have a massive cgi world with massive cgi armies and even if it's a normal serious movie and not capeshit, it's have some backround or something small like that be cgi too.
It has lost it's appeal and it's being outsourced to codemonkeys in india on the lowest bidder because normies will be drawn regardless by the spectacle, with no consideration on it's quality.
A mixed cgi and robotic dino back then for a few seconds was jawdropping, but show it to any kid today, that's used to intricate, cartoony cgi sequenses by the first scene of the movie and they'll be like 'meh'

Came to post this. Rachel in Blade Runner 2049 is the best CGI to date. Anything else is a meme answer.

>everything looks like smeared with vaseline
>best cgi

Attached: Support.jpg (1280x1120, 207K)

That isn't really CGI, it's more like an animated photoshop, the people who did it were stressed out when they recieved the footage and saw that at one point he turned his head so it was in profile, they were like
>fuck, because he did that we have twice as much work to do

>the ghosting in that webm
ew

Attached: MPC Rachael 2049_.webm (1280x720, 2.6M)

Attached: MPC Terminator Genisys VFX breakdown.webm (1280x538, 2.46M)

Looks terrible.

sure it does

Attached: MPC Terminator Genisys VFX breakdown eyes.webm (1280x538, 1.72M)

George of the Jungle 2 has yet to be surpassed. youtu.be/50oNFpKHjJ8

>Sky Captain
>The Shadow
>The Spirit
>The Phantom
Why do pulp adaptations or pulp-inspired films always flop?

Because there's just not an audience that is interested in that. It's no wonder that people eventually stopped trying.