I understand now mama!

I understand now mama!

Attached: XzPOl.jpg (1366x768, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NlZ83P2SjYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GmbpJswu_iI&list=PLfOcqJXMoSCcRUf0dEclE707NMP-pWO-A&index=94
youtube.com/watch?v=lR28C8LRueo
youtu.be/kklRLVrt9Qo
youtube.com/watch?v=rrVDATvUitA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ck-kyei7gSk
youtube.com/watch?v=GgPJSBd18MU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

unironically a positive role model for women

Please look at me mommy! :(

Apparently not from how things went.
Honestly I’m a big Evangelion fan but the scene does not make sense to me in the wider context of the movie. Maybe I’m just missing something because the anime refuses to hold your hand through explanations.
So Asuka had a big revelation about her mom.. but it didn’t effect her later in the movie with her treatment of shinji?
I do love how shinji and asuka are pretty much the same though, they just react to their similar problems differently.

I wanted to fuck Asuka. Am I a pedo

>Am I a pedo
Maybe. But at least your a patrician as well.

Music in this scene was kino. Surreal/optimistic but also sort of insane and brutal

baka Shinji

forgot link

youtube.com/watch?v=NlZ83P2SjYQ

Post Rei

Attached: 1563199836966.png (678x347, 362K)

>rei

Attached: download (2).png (205x246, 6K)

Her revelation was that her mother's soul was inside Unit 02, and this means her mom never stopped loving her before her suicide she was just crazy from lacking part of her soul. This is why she's so happy.

doesn't have much to do with baka shinji

>I understand now mama!
>Rei was best girl all along!

>not Rei
you're a cuck

Attached: D_SwMb3UEAE2EqJ.jpg_large.jpg (1080x1057, 189K)

>didnt watch this until I was 22
>still teared up during this part

What if Rei was thicc?

Attached: debu_10.jpg (1114x1600, 426K)

I watched it when I was 11 and it kinda messed me up and now I'm a loser

I watched Death & Rebirth and EoE when I was 15 on some movie channel (think it was Starz?) at like 6 in the morning. Loved it but was totally lost on the story.

the Asuka that Shinji sees in tang is not the real Asuka, retard
the real asuka is having her own existential crisis in the tang

Then she gets fucking annihilated. Fuck me EoE makes me sad as fuck. I can't listen to the track that plays during the second half of the MP Eva fight.

Just tragic.

Attached: 1550627516065.png (540x540, 221K)

Episode 25 & 26 is the true ludo ending

This. In Instrumentality there's no rejection.

"asuka" rejecting shinji is actually what triggers 3rd impact, shinji's desperate desire to have someone love him unconditionally. Everything before that was just shinji being crazy.

What does Rei juice taste like

Attached: cup.jpg (300x484, 17K)

Where can I get this cup?

Awesome scene

Asuka definitely one of the worst characters invented in human history.

スネどの意味!!

Attached: sailor.jpg (1280x1731, 456K)

スニッド

you're the lowest of the low

I wasn't the only one!

Attached: 1563221740624.gif (303x303, 813K)

Asuka "rejects" Shinji in his Instrumentality because she's all about individuality and dislikes the idea of "being one" with Shinji or anyone for that matter.

They all gonna fuck

Do they have a penis?

No, the asuke shinji chokes is not the resl asuka in instrumentality, its just a representation of how shinji imagines everyone hates him

Been like a fucking decade since I fapped to this post the rest

>It's a scene where that intense, slow piano key starts playing

Attached: images (1).jpg (223x226, 9K)

I think one of them does. I remember it being quite good.

What are you talking about

mama mamame las bolas

thanatos?

she went from abusing shinji 100% of the time to caressing his face as he was choking the life out of her when they both exit the tang, even after she knew he ganked his snake all over her naked comatose body. I'd call that progress.

>thanatos
Great track.

whats the track leading up to the asuka choke? Its used a few times in Eva and never fails to make my stomach tense up. I adore it.

youtube.com/watch?v=GmbpJswu_iI&list=PLfOcqJXMoSCcRUf0dEclE707NMP-pWO-A&index=94

Attached: Chad vs Virgin impact.png (3136x1220, 373K)

That's it, thanks.

Thankfully she got killed right before the Tang Genocide happened, so that her dead body was taken into Tang-land and she could reform fully healed.

Just a doll

Attached: 1E84CECA-A2CD-46DA-A9CA-42CC0D86A7A7.png (334x250, 79K)

Technically, that cartoon girl is over twenty years old. So no.

While it looks scrumptious on the outside, it’s surprisingly empty and bland.

actually pretty much everyone got tanged even the folks that died in the raid

No it has no name because it's not really a song
It happens right before shinji stabs that angel with his knife when his classmates are in the pod with him
It happens when Asuka is trying to snipe that angel that's out of orbet right before it fucks with her head
It happens right before an angel infiltrates nervs computer grid

It's like a "something REALLY bad is about to happen" gave me goosebumps whenever I heard it

asuka so garbage shoulda stayed in da lcl my niggas

Based

>"asuka" rejecting shinji is actually what triggers 3rd impact,
Asuka was just Shinji's embodiment fo rejection, like Rei of understanding and Kaworu of love. Although in her case, she was just a mind creation, while Adam and Lilith were interacting with him. This was before he decided to tell them to tang them all. Lilith didn't need much of a pressure if her scenario of NGE is to be believed, she really dislikes the lilin and how they came to be.

what happened to her bones?

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - The End of Evangelion 25'+26' (Conjoined Ordered Chapter)[C6FDE4 (1920x1080, 161K)

delet this

Is there a reason why people claim Rebuild movies are a continuation of the show and not a remake? I don't see anything that suggests the former

Asuka eyepatch and red water

The scene is meant to convey disgust. There's a story behind it. Just because she's too weak punch him she still tells him he's gross and she means it. The way it was voice acted it was meant to express the VA disgust as if some guy broke in into her house when she was sleeping and fapped to her vulnerable body and could have raped her. It wasn't meant to be positive. That's also why they laugh every time anyone brings up the idea of Shinji and Asuka as a couple and say they would hate each other and make each other miserable. The moral is to tolerate and try to communicate with others, even if you don't like them, or feel rejected by them, rather than use escapism.

Doesn't matter when they die. Everyone gets pulled into Lilith except for Gendo who got rejected. The souls were originally from her (and Adam).

Red ocean, blood stained moon, a ton of cryptic dialogue alluding to it "I'll make you happy this time" etc

BREATHE WITH ME

Attached: ellie asuka foot s.jpg (300x168, 6K)

I just don't see how the movies could start with everything seemingly back to normal when the show ended with tang everywhere and just Shinji/Asuka on the beach

Maybe I need to rewatch

I know it was meant to be disgusting just meant that asuka changed

She's a real girl now.
[* "Kiss Me" starts playing *]

Attached: affe067843ba259b81dec88e8ddeb33d9937437029db5fd16af4fe0b00f768d6.jpg (674x2028, 164K)

It's a visual metaphor for the psychosomatic feeling of her Eva having that done to it, dullard

The series doesn't lead into the rebuilds. The rebuilds are a complete after thought that came out a decade later.

They're trying to make it "canon" by making it a loop of sorts. In all honestly they are very poor and un-needed additions to the franchise and should be ignored entirely in regards to the original series and movie.

im not sure if i can rewatch the series, to much teenage feelings coming again

Anima some shitty spinoff but written with Anno supervision in some things overhauls the universe, as different "branches" of the tree of life. Kaworu is the only one who seems to remember some stuff though. That's why he cryptically says about the repeat of things etc. There are other of spinoffs that also bring that up, including the Super Robot Wars crossover that has used stuff from Eva Anno had to ditch plot wise (including Gendo piloting a mecha vs Shinji which was his original ending).

Manga adaptation also vaguely confirmed that the world will be undone and redone over and over, we see Shinji (who isn't like the original Shinji in the manga, who was more tsundere and abrasive even punched his father there) resurrected met the resurrected Asuka and Kensuke after like thousands of years passed and cycled over, even if he has no memories of them, he feels a deja vu. The final spread with them dressed in those clothes of the manga (winter clothes - winter) but also joined with Kaworu, Rei and Touji suggest that everyone will be reunited. Mari from Rebuild exists as someone who had a crush on Yui and was of her age, for example.

I think Yea Forums's consensus was that Anno is fucking around with the fans

It's a continuation but is also new. IIRC, Anno said Rebuild Asuka was a new character in Rebuild, but Kaworu as "a continuation" of his character from NGE. This means NGE Asuka is dead.

>NGE Asuka is dead
Fuck
And here I was hoping Shikinami would somehow inexplicably revert to Soryu in the final movie

why isn't there any torrent of the new dubbed series? usually everything that new on Netflix is uploaded to rarbg in the next hours/day

>watching the dub

Because everything Eva after the movie and the game sequel that Anno was involved with kind of pushed the idea of:

>parallel worlds.
>death and rebirth and the cycle of things that repeat (Gendo and SEELE have seen the 'script').

Shinji's nature also changed so he's not human anymore which is bullshit.

Shikigami is a new Asuka, sadly. All we can hope was for Soryu to have had a nice long life after the tang. Shinji probably became a godling because he was combined with Adam and Lilith though during the Impact if it's a continuation (unless they take that shitty Anima backstory. I don't trust Anima but is the first place that introduced fucking Mari). That explains why he can trigger impacts and why now his mother's tomb date is covered for a weird reason they aren't showing it to us. In fact, there's NO reaction of Yui in all the movies, unlike the tv show. Is Yui even there?

i'm in the weird position of watching the show at the same age as the characters and being blown away by how hot they were
now i'm 23 and my dick is confused

Shikigami is pretty different. In 3.0 ending she's dragging Shinji as Misato did in EoE, so her role is pretty much the Cool Big Sis (although harsher than Misato) now.

Hello, is this Commander Ikari? Good. I figured if anyone knew where to get some Tang, it would be you.

Attached: 1561706807821.jpg (500x700, 57K)

based netflix exposing all the paypig faggot on Yea Forums

Why can't Anno break the rules for all his characters?

Back when Yea Forums had hacked into a Stella Artois etched chalice giveaway, I ordered a free chalice etched with "Tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down...". I put orange craft paper in it and put it with my Eva figures.

I thought Anno said that he only changed her name because the EVA pilot settings were changed to indicate the Rebuilds being something new/different from the show

Also something about wanting to make all the girls "~nami" (Ayanami, Makinami (Mari), Shikinami, etc)?

I had forgotten about this fucking song,what in the fuck
Honestly,EVA wouldnt be nearly as good without the godly OST it has

doesn't she get royally rekt like right after this piece of shit scene?

Well, Asuka is human. Kaworu (and Rei for that matter) are godlike beings who need to get hampered by clever plot devices to not Deus Ex Machina the solution (which is what happens in NGE 2 if they have their way without the check outs, and the SRW where Kaworu is one of the I forget the name but some characters are multiversal constant in every instance and Kaworu's this, Apollonius from that dog ntr mecha anima is also another, time/dimension divers? Which was chosen and set up by Anno and Kawamori for their cases).

>implying I haven't been posting in Eva threads since the first year Yea Forums was online
ZOMG!!1!

Attached: 1562187121953.png (456x570, 55K)

There's a "New Asuka" as response about why the name was changed. It was to meant she was different. In that FAQ book about 2.0 he confirms he's the "same Kaworu" in his case when he talks about him. So does Ishida and the material.

Attached: YES.png (550x770, 133K)

based usaka poster

>implying I didn't first watch Eva on vhs in the 90s and been buying Eva merch ever since

Attached: 1551999493806.jpg (900x600, 251K)

They wanted to name Asuka different and join the nami thing because she's a new character, and not the old Asuka, that's why she's changed. Angel boy instead is never stated to be such thing, but that could be explained not of a time loop but a dimensional loop too which is an ability he exhibits in spinoffs. I mean Rei has lost a lot of her supernatural flavors, Shinji has taken them, and Kaworu has getting his upped 11 in the years between the movie and Rebuild.

too bad Asuka sucks

Attached: 1552000813622.jpg (800x600, 228K)

I just assumed they became the new Adam and Eve/Lilith... somehow.

I don't know if there is an official English translation of that interview but this is the original Japanese text

~アスカの名前を式波に変えたのは、どういう理由でしょうか?
>What was the reason behind changing Asuka's name to Shikinami?

庵野
「先の話にも出ていましたがEVAパイロットの設定を変えたので、それに合わせて整合性を持たせるには名前も変えたほうがいいだろうと。後、主要キャラの名前が違うと云うのは旧作からのお客さんに「今回は違う、新しい感じ」を持って貰えるかなと考えてもいました。もちろん違和感を感じたり前の方が良かったということもあると思いますがここはあえて変えた感じです。
>Anno: As mentioned earlier the EVA pilot setting was changed, so to conform to that we decided the names should be changed too. Also, when a main character's name is different I thought audiences from the old work would understand "this time it's different, a new feel". Of course for some people it may feel off or the old version may be better but we deliberately decided to change them.

旧作からのファンの人たちもアスカの名前が変わるとまでは予想してないだろうと思ったので「あ、前と違うんだ」っていうことを衝撃をもって分かりやすく伝えられるしトピック的にもいいんじゃないかと」
>I thought fans of the old work wouldn't expect even Asuka's name to change, so the impact of "oh it's different from before" would be more easily conveyed and topical

If what you're referring to is the last part, given the context here "oh it's different from before" is probably in relation to the movies as a whole being an "update" of the original show and not her character being new per se
But if you're talking about a whole different interview maybe I'm headed in the wrong direction

Yo dude, you got this plush from the movie?

Attached: uuEoX.jpg (177x216, 13K)

The people will return from the tang, life emerged from the LCL sea in the first place, when they are ready they get back. Yui said so. It's how they came to the world millions of years ago too.

Shinji did become the progenitor though, but because he was one with Adam, Lilith, and his mom, and the Impact was a planetary act of conception and childbirth. Think of Adam and Lilith (and Yui) as queen bees and the lilin/angels as drones (so angels or lilin trying to merge or control them). Second Impact was artificially caused by Katsuragi expedition thanks to the "contact experiment", just to put it in plain language Adam was raped as she was slumbering: they injected Lilin DNA into her core (which in EOE unsubtly has a yonic appearance) and she birthed the angels, causing her body and soul to split and the world to change.

EoE was pretty Oedipal. There's a reason there's a scene with Rei, Kaworu and Yui roasting Gendo, the Father, and he is the only one rejected, while they coo his son. They are casually the Three Mothers. In a way Shinji "became his own father" and usurped him symbolically.

Should they have done the straightforward grade school show instead of Rebuild?

Attached: ReiRunning.png (500x375, 264K)

There's 2 visual novels and maybe more about that.

Shinji Ikari Raising Project Visual novel has a pure SOL scenario (there are two, the SOL one and the series one) on that vision (the messy manga adaptation tries to combine the elements and isn't working well) it adds Mana from the Girlfriend of Steel game and Kaworu as the beautiful foreign transfer student (which he was in the original script draft of episode 24) and starts with his arrival.

Attached: 1357607086548.jpg (1024x768, 145K)

where torrent for netflix version?

I also want this cup

Yo dude, you got this cup?

I played this once. "The world without Shinji" ending fucked me up.

What is that about?

No, they should have done a sanitized adaptation of Re-Take.

One of the scenes cut from EoE is this weird Real Life Action scene where Asuka awakes next to Touji, her lover, and she's doing her daily shit, we see some people of Eva, including Misato and Rei, living their normal lives carefree without any concern, it's a world Shinji Ikari doesn't exist. In the game, one ending is Shinji wishing for a kinder world but he doesn't have any sense of self-worth to live on it, so we see an AU SOL world everyone is seemly happy. Seemly because the ending is from Kaworu POV, the only character who recalls Shinji, transfers into his class, and finds him gone, nowhere to be seen, no traces of him, and he's mentally screaming as Asuka and other girls of the class start to hit on him.

It's a doujin that very few care about though.

The Great Debate

Who has the better ass and tits between Rei & Asuka. It's been decades, have people come to a consensus yet?

Attached: [T-N]Densha_Otoko_03v2[D2932B8B].avi_snapshot_33.26_[2019.07.09_00.37.38].jpg (704x396, 39K)

>It's a doujin that very few care about though.
Maybe so (FWIW, it was pretty popular on Yea Forums during the period leading up to Rebuild 1), but it's a good story that provided solid closure (and a lot of feels), and it's going to be hard for Anno to top it, IMO.

Doesn't help that the Rebuilds are catering mostly to the Reifags (I mean, it makes sense because that's most of the Japanese market, and Anno himself, but it leaves those of us on Team Asuka out in the cold).

I know what your talking about

it goes
C C C C
B B B B
C C C C
B B B B
D D D D
Db Db Db Db
D D D D
Db Db Db Db

Rei has bigger breast and ass, you can tell by looking. Asuka is skinny.

>that song is playing
>the BEEEEP of the power cable being severed is laid on top

>Anno himself
no

Attached: basically autistic.jpg (607x767, 161K)

In the west maybe, but it was a run on the mill doujin with awful characterization. Not even by a popular Asuka/Shinji artist like pic related.

I don't think they are 'catering' to anyone. They never cared about that. Tsurumaki, the biggest Asukafag in Rebuild staff who was responsible for her amazing battle scene in EoE, and fought Asuka to get more scenes likes Mari/Asuka.

Attached: 002sa105172_2_f.jpg (796x751, 192K)

Yeah but does bigger = better? Which looks better in swimsuits/lingerie?

Attached: [T-N]Densha_Otoko_10[1CC0C1C6].avi_snapshot_08.20_[2019.07.16_23.37.19].jpg (704x396, 47K)

I will never forget the joy I felt watching those 4 minutes of slice of life heaven.

Anno loves Asuka, way over Rei, though. But loving Asuka and thinking Asuka and Shinji are compatible in a romantic sense are different things. Even from the early Gainax times, they have always scoffed at the idea of the two of them as a romantic match. They have sexual tension, and hormones because they are teenagers though.

You can't change overnight with a big revelation

I always admire voice actors for the shitty lines they had to read
And the screaming
And the crying

This is an exploitation show

>you were always protecting me mama
not today she ain’t. oof...

Sauce??

>But loving Asuka and thinking Asuka and Shinji are compatible in a romantic sense are different things
This
It would be different if they could grow up and be allowed to heal, but that's not gonna happen

If Asuka ends up happy that would be enough for me

And the Asuka Shikigami has taken up Misato role while Misato has taken up Gendo's role as the figure Shinji wants love from and validation, and Gendo takes the mustache-twirling villain role (Keele) as far as 3.0 goes.

Attached: 1121-100.jpg (800x533, 382K)

This is your reminder that you need to go back to Yea Forums and stay there.

This is your reminder to seek intercourse

>He missed the moon coffins
>He missed the moon still has the tang spray
>He missed the theme on continuation

youtube.com/watch?v=lR28C8LRueo

This one?

YES THAT ONE

I think she was 14 in the show, so no. You're a hebe.

>Virgin dust
>Chad tang

>I think she was 14 in the show, so no. You're a hebe.
Dude, cool it with the anti-semitism

Adolescence is liking Asuka

Adulthood is realizing Rei was the better girl

I stand corrected.

I'd always gotten the impression he preferred Rei.

>But loving Asuka and thinking Asuka and Shinji are compatible in a romantic sense are different things.
True.

But maybe it's because I'm not Japanese, but I could never see the appeal of Shinji x Rei. Shinji x Asuka and Shinji x Misato, yes, hell, even Shinji x Kaworu I could understand, but Shinji x Rei never moved me at all.

Adulthood is realizing that Kaworu is the best option

Based.

Only if he is the bottom

If it helps, most promo stuff they do is Kaworu/Shinji and Mari/Asuka (like in 3.0 their tree is heart shaped in a promo, I could look it up for you). Rei is important but she's inescapably connected to Shinji's mother. I'm sure Mari/Asuka is pushed by Tsurumaki, that big Asukafag. He wrote a scene they fought together in 2.0 (the fish angel scene was originally sharing an Eva) but was cut.

underrated

Unironically, he's the only person who always loves Shinji and only Shinji. I like Asuka, but Asuka jumps to fuck Toji, Kaji, and even Kaworu himself.

t. gainax/khara

Original: Top
Manga: Bottom
Rebuild: Switch

Attached: titanic official parody.jpg (640x480, 107K)

You know Kaworu and Rei can shapeshift when they unlock their powers. Adam and Lilith aren't of any gender, but identify as "mothers/procreators." Naturally their designs are too iconic to change in the main movies.

Attached: official femme kaworu design.jpg (800x1131, 173K)

I have accepted that my Rei collection will never be complete. No man can create a shine that encapsules the totality of teh Rei. I am just happy to have captured as much as I have.

Attached: 1562170681436.jpg (600x900, 115K)

Well, when I said I could "understand" Shinji x Kaworu, I didn't mean I would particularly like it.

The only really good end for me ever was going to be some permutation of Shinji x Asuka (Misato is too old for him as a permanent pairing).

Actually, it might be more that by the end of the original story, I honestly cared more about Asuka than about Shinji. I always felt like the end she got in the movies was too cruel, and was hoping for something better in Rebuild, but Rebuild Asuka isn't that Asuka, so it does nothing for her.

I only ever got the Rei one for Dreamcast.

Attached: rei ayanami raising project s-l225.jpg (225x169, 9K)

>he doesn't know Princess Ellie Idol
Anta baka?

Attached: 1561528876196.jpg (450x600, 125K)

Continue Sneed spamming on every other thread you mentally retarded faggot.

No, I get you. Her ending was a bad ending, her japanese VA says so (but her VA really hates Shinji/Asuka IIRC), she wants this Asuka to get happiness at least. I'm not sure if her happiness is to be with Shinji. Their personalities are a bit clashing and not in a good way, they both have similar issues both want affection shower at them but neither like to admit it because of different temperaments (Asuka is aggressive and Shinji passive until he explodes). Unlike Shinji, she never got Rei and Kaworu to pat her ass. The best ending is if Dr. Phil comes out the tang.

Attached: 5164109.jpg (600x537, 257K)

Rei/Asuka Raising Project is playing as faceless old guy while the Shinji/Kaworu Raising Project have like a plot of the series or the sol scenarios to play.

Not him, but if I remember correctly Misato is the caretaker of Shinji when it's not her route, and if you unlock Kaworu Nagisa Raising Project mode (like you could unlock Asuka in Rei's), Ritsuka is his caretaker (Kaworu has only one romantic route option, though).

Prrrrromotions!

Attached: Unit_01_promoted.jpg (211x211, 15K)

Wow. I haven't seen that one in fucking ages.
*sip* Titanic jokes. Now those were the days.

Attached: 1561689269972.jpg (500x278, 24K)

Every time I see that picture now, I wish I could invent a time machine so I could go back to 2006 and save her from porn.

>The best ending is if Dr. Phil comes out the tang.
That, or Shinji finally grows/mans up and fucks her brains out like she wants.

Attached: 1499577460884.png (1200x1200, 155K)

source on the gendo vs shinji mecha fight?

Attached: 1446656007988.jpg (853x1200, 269K)

It was in those basic outline/concepts of Eva (Rei's name was Yui I think then), like Yui (Rei) disappears and Shinji ventures down the lab and faces his father who pilots a robot....

>That, or Shinji finally grows/mans up and fucks her brains out like she wants.
That isn't the solution. Having just a sexual relationship would hurt Asuka. Asuka accused him to be a side dish (just a sex object for him) because that's indeed how he feels and she doesn't like it.

Accurate

Attached: 1376805845513.png (626x348, 95K)

I didn't say it should be _only_ sexual.

But part of the problem for both of them is that they desperately need to get laid. I feel like they would both calm down (and gain some confidence, too) if they released some of that tension.

And part of the reason why Shinji only sees her as a sex object is because he's self-absorbed and mostly can't see anyone other than himself as anything other than an object (and because he's 14, generally a sex object or an object of hatred, or both). If he would ever actually grow up a bit, then I think they could establish an emotional attachment based on what they've been through together. What was so infuriating about EoE was that at the end, Shinji seemingly hadn't grown one iota.

That's why I liked Re-Take, BTW: even if it was just a doujin, the characters actually finally grew the fuck up.

i fucking howl at every weebcel going "uhh there was nothing THAT weird about shinji choking asuka, s-she was t-totally legit accepting him at the end there, i-its actually a happy ending!! shinjis still a good guy, like me!!"
if you cant understand the blackpillery of EoE, just know that anno is laughing at you

This. I find it more depressing than hilarious though. People obsessing over lore, and reading wikis, and insisting on this "true" ending they've uncovered where the story was anything but a condemnation of Shinji's narcissism are deluded, and that's more awful an experience for them to live than for us to witness. This has got to be one of the most widely misunderstood franchises out there...and, of course, that's very much the point.

The problem is Shinji is selfish. That's his personality, he likes to receive validation. He also likes to be passive-aggressive which would clash with Asuka who also is selfish and wants validation but is aggressive and narcissistic. You can't overhaul their basic personalities based on just being horny. They can accept the world, their depression (mostly), but doesn't mean their basic selves change. Their relationship would be abusive in the long run realistically because their tempers and quirks clash. What Asuka and Shinji need is someone with a nurturing-caregiver type of personality to balance them. Shinji only appears superficially to have one (in Rebuild only) but that's just superficial.

>Pointless character arcs in movies
Seriously you could cut half of EoE out and you'd lose nothing. Misato finding out about Seele and shit also was pointless. I'd rather watch episode 25-26. At least there the focus was entirely on Shinji.

Attached: 1554754668901.png (221x354, 20K)

>he didn't get it
oh no no no, the utter cope of it all!

Attached: 1563182591139.jpg (716x478, 82K)

What?

seethe

Attached: DeD9ST-X4AQfuSW.jpg (863x1024, 111K)

>N-No u

Uh, the idea that EoE was pretty much one giant "fuck you" from Anno to the fanbase for not being satisfied with "CONGRATULATIONS" has been a common opinion ever since it was released. It was certainly the consensus on Yea Forums when I first came here in 2005. Only people who were _very_ late to the party ever could have gotten the impression that what we got was supposed to be a happy ending. The fact that it isn't is why doujinshi exist that try to create one.

Of course, whether people were/are expecting a happy ending from Rebuild is a separate issue.

>You can't overhaul their basic personalities based on just being horny.
You can when their being sexually frustrated is a big part of the problem. And there are plenty of other examples of like personalities clicking just fine. In fact, what a girl like Asuka generally really wants (though she may not admit it to herself) is someone to be aggressive with her, just not passive-aggressive. So Shinji needs to learn to stop being passive-aggressive and grow some balls (which would be easier if he'd get laid and lose that virginal low-confidence thing). He needs to be Rhett Butler to her Scarlett O'Hara.

And what I'm saying is that the whole message that you just need to accept who you are is bullshit. People need to grow, and that means trying to change the things about yourself that are negative. To just passively accept everything as unchangeable isn't maturity: it's just another form of running away: running away from the challenge of self-improvement.

Anyway, it's been a fun discussion, but I have to get to bed.

He's just a kid version of his dad, they have both have harems and are insecure spergs who sabotage every relationship they have

Attached: Screenshot (428).png (1417x803, 703K)

Me too. I loved those kino slice-of-life scenes. I wish Shinji had a relatively normal (or at least stable) life like those scenes showed.

we're of the same mind, fact is we're not in 2005 anymore and i constantly see threads hawking simplistic readings. if theyre not the outright ludicrous positive reading, they're still half measures or conciliatory. these are also the most popular readings on eva geeks and reddit. my theory is that the people who took the "fuck you" reading very understandably actually listened and so actually drifted away from things like nerdy Eva discussions on Yea Forums, so we're left with basically only otakus still interpreting and talking about the film, leading to a kind of inverted consensus reading now. there are still old timers like you and i, and of course there are people who get the blackpilled ending even from the recent netflix dub, but they certainly are not the loudest online.

>But maybe it's because I'm not Japanese, but I could never see the appeal of Shinji x Rei. Shinji x Asuka and Shinji x Misato, yes, hell, even Shinji x Kaworu I could understand, but Shinji x Rei never moved me at all.

I like Shinji x Rei, but even I have to admit that Shinji x Asuka, Shinji x Misato and Shinji x Kaworu make more sense than Shinji x Rei. However, I see Shinji x Kaworu as too pure to be romantic, I see it more as a platonic thing and I quite like Shinji x Misato because I see Misato as being like a mother figure for Shinji.

Attached: let's_go_home.jpg (900x1120, 282K)

Just a young man with a healthy sex drive.

Attached: 1563155064819.jpg (1920x1080, 841K)

>Kaworu can shapeshift
does that mean you could make him orgasm geometrically?

>orgasm geometrically
what

Favorite scene to jack off to.
I wish I could prolapse her belly button and have her innards spill out.
My lance of longinginas goes real big cums

Attached: wide enough to make a slanesshi blush.jpg (600x1662, 206K)

youtu.be/kklRLVrt9Qo

for all you plebs who can't read

Retake is very cringy, even as an Asuka fan.

Well you are on Yea Forums

>TOP TEN MOST BRUTAL ANIME DEATHS

That would be Rei.

Attached: C5E17F51-F419-4CD5-9F9E-FA179F2F6870.jpg (720x540, 49K)

that would be Misato

Isn't that the cringy doujin about the plot revolving around Asushin?

>alcoholic slut
>positive role model
You dropped this

Attached: 4A333CC2-25DC-48C0-B117-591F31B9951B.jpg (533x800, 59K)

They're trash and should be treated as such.

Misato was the best character

This

Attached: tumblr_o9ffrnOtSx1ssfq42o1_500.gif (500x700, 1.96M)

EoE contains "fuck yous" but is overall the same thing as the original ending, with the money.
If you think otherwise you forgot all those shots on 25 and 26 showing that it was planned all along.
And Woe is nothing else than optimistic

I dont find the ending of EOE blackpilled. Asuka would rather live in world with Shinji than to die kek

*EoE

Because you are autistic and unable to understand that a movie can be layered.
The gap scene is actually an example because it works in the story and at a meta level.

>misato
>good housewife
is there a more wrong opinion

Is this just before the fight with the mass produced evas?

>me and the boys about to fuck shit up
yeah

Attached: mpe.jpg (480x360, 26K)

there has to be an edit of the black dudes surround the white girl excepts its the mass produced evas and asuka

REACHING OUT FOR THE HAND

oh no no NO, the sheer cope of it all! anno DEFINITELY sympathises with you weebcels! keep believin!

Shinji literally strangles Asuka at the end. If you thought she came back for him, and not, well, literally the fucking entirety of her characterisation established over the show, then you are completely deluded.

Nah, she's filled out in all the right places

Asuka only came back because she is an Eva pilot.
Shinji strangle her because he is broken by the third impact and doesn't know what he is doing

>So Shinji needs to learn to stop being passive-aggressive and grow some balls
So you're asking Shinji not to be Shinji? You're right Asuka needs Touji. That's why Touji is her lover in that live action scene and she's pretty happy with him. Without the robots as something that she didn't share with other men of her age, it's a man like Touji that is ideal for her. Touji is aggressive but also he's expressive of his affection (as a big brother).

>find out your mother, who you've mourned for 10 years is actually alive
>be happy
>your mother is almost immediately killed and you are ripped apart
>stop being happy
>the person who left you to fight on your own, who fapped over your unconscious body and who has already admitted he doesn't want you for you, just as a last resort
>be angry at him
Makes sense to me

It's ambiguous whether it's the real Asuka. I lean into it being her, but it's open to interpretation.

>It's ambiguous whether it's the real Asuka. I lean into it being her, but it's open to interpretation.
No? Because the first scene, the one he strangles her isn't in the 'tang'. The tanging scene haven't happened yet. It's Shinji having a breakdown. Then he triggers Instrumentality because of his own issues.

But Asuka isn't happy with Toji in the live action sequence. Asuka isn't going to find happiness with him. That's not to say she'd find it with Shinji. A major point of the series is that you can't use others to make you happy. Happiness comes from within.

yeah. fucking love EoE. great japanese film
youtube.com/watch?v=rrVDATvUitA

I dont, but why does Shinji stop strangling asuka?

It's ambiguous, but I'll present my reasons for thinking it's actually her.
>misato, rei and asuka all tell shinji they're nice to him, something he doesn't believe
>asuka admits she's sexually interested in him, with her comments about wanting "all of him" something shinji never thought
>shinji knows asuka is "just like him" from having shared her memories, which is also how she knows what she shouts at him about
There are emotions and information presented in these scenes which Shinji shouldn't be aware of at that point, which leads me to believe that it's not just in his head.

My interpretation has always been that it's a sort of "pre-instrumentality" with just Misato and the three pilots, which is then extended to involve the entire world when Shinji goes nuts. This would fit with the TV ending where Rei interrogates the other three before "instrumentality proper" starts.

You cannot debate this:

Attached: 1523988036669.png (474x711, 90K)

>It's ambiguous whether it's the real Asuka
No it's not, it is her, it's been hinted at in the series when shinji got stuck inside unit-01, turned into nothingess (tang) and then came back for real. This is pretty much the same thing and everyone who got turned into tang (including misato and ritsuko) can come back as well if they so desire.

I love Evangelion! It is a masterpiece! I wish the west would respect this masterpiece more.

Attached: 1561889565739.gif (320x367, 2.4M)

She's actually 13 in the beginning, some time during the show her 14th birthday passes

EVANGELION?!

Attached: 1527779422672.png (800x750, 160K)

Have some Gold kind stranger

>15etc
Stop pretending to be an oldfag.

People just don't understand the deep and complex themes in Evangelion. But that's ok because it makes me feel better and more intelligent about myself. I can understand and relate to Shinji's struggle on a level nobody else can.

Attached: 1506651197217.png (636x904, 228K)

Evangelion is a masterpiece in televised storytelling!

Attached: 1522106140110.png (632x756, 26K)

The characters are all named after WWII ships, in Rebuild they're named after ships from the following ship generation, the majority of which have repeating names

SHINJI!
ASUKA!
REI!

Attached: 1527113462919.gif (413x243, 51K)

GENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Attached: 1519014658378.png (732x772, 34K)

The ship that Asuka throws is where it landed in the Rebuilds

Guys? Am I the only one who imitates Gendo's desk pose in real life? I do it in classes, looking down on everyone else studying.

Attached: 1527053258362.png (644x800, 15K)

Nothing wrong with that, I'm planning a rampage anyway

God I love evangelion! So much symbolism and meaning!

Attached: MMsV5It.jpg (387x437, 37K)

Source ?

>Am I the only one who imitates Gendo's desk pose in real life?

This is too specific

Attached: 1560075072288.jpg (1462x1462, 163K)

>It's a visual metaphor
Nope, it happened for realz

>lifeless doll playing the role of mommy surrogate
>drunken slut
lol

Because he's pathetic and can't commit to anything, even his narcissistic violent outbursts + Asuka is a girl and knows well enough that pandering/showing physical affection to men calms then down. Which is what she did.

>doesn't know what he is doing
NGE is Anno mocking you.

The symbolism in Evangelion has such deep meaning on the characters.

Attached: 1528766445738.jpg (988x1059, 139K)

uh... the names of the characters and the names of the ships

They are mind-representations. Rei is there, sure, but Misato and rei aren't.

You don't see Misato's body sploosh until later.

*asuka

>They are mind-representations

Attached: 1537031811623.png (387x379, 31K)

The connection to Shinji's mother that Rei has now is unique to the Rebuilds.
The setting of the pilots changed, and Anno did this 99% to make sure his favorites (who are, Asuka and Kaworu) got to be the main pick of favorites in the audience.

Attached: IMG_2740.jpg (474x360, 25K)

underrated

in 2.0 Anno is basically expressing his disgust at how the fanbase betrayed his original message by turning EVA into an instrument of escapism with its waifufaggotry (represented by SHinji saving Rei) and its overall consequences on the anime scene (represented by the resulting third impact)

at 3.0 Anno self inserts as Kaworu where he encourages Shinji to learn the piano.What it translates to is that hes telling the fans to cease the waifufaggotry and that they should get a real hobby.

The rebuild movies are basically Anno's rant to its fans

You couldn't be more of an idiot. Way to read way too much into a japanese cartoon director.

Think reincarnation more than continuation.

Attached: 1ECECA99-4CBC-431E-9146-E30BF0D8C4E8.jpg (869x1265, 227K)

who's talking ?

Attached: worry.jpg (600x766, 40K)

>at 3.0 Anno self inserts as Kaworu where he encourages Shinji to learn the piano.What it translates to is that hes telling the fans to cease the waifufaggotry and that they should get a real hobby.
Japan has a massive otaku music scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ck-kyei7gSk

He's right, except he interpreted it all wrong.

Looking objectively at it, 1.0 and 2.0 is closer to the original series in tone and style; being largely lighthearted with hints of darkness, while also maintaining a plot. It's conventional, yet with new elements spiking interest.
In 3.0 however, the ratio of fanservice to substance changes drastically, where it's more occupied serving you crotch-shots of Asuka, Mari's titties and Kaworu x Shinji than anything productive like building a credible story. The pandering and the effort to maintain it becomes so heavy that it sabotages any serious message the story could have had, by introducing so many plot holes and contradictions that whatever it was trying to prove, is inherently unreasonable.

Those who truly understand Evangelion, it's fanbase and the directors, do understand Rebuild as indeed Anno's rant; but the message, if you can even call it that, is more like Anno throwing a temper tantrum for everyone liking Rei more than Asuka. Hence the narrative being Shinji being punished for the sin of saving Rei, according to the characters in 3.0.

No. Hikari is better.

>Anno throwing a temper tantrum for everyone liking Rei
Anno is above waiffu faggotry

Imagine getting bluepilled by Evageeks' fanfic bullshit and genuinely believing EoE had a good and hopeful ending.

Evangelion's time loop universe is just a weird pseudo-ripoff of Devilman's time loop universe. The sooner people come to realize this, the more they'll come to understand the rebuilds and all of the reincarnation shit throughout the franchise as a whole.

Attached: devilman-2215175.jpg (780x1220, 179K)

>toomuch
not really. it was plain as day especially in Kaworu and Shinji's scenes.

Attached: AnnoLooksLikeTHAT..png (1279x726, 906K)

>understand Rebuild as indeed Anno's rant; but the message, if you can even call it that, is more like Anno throwing a temper tantrum for everyone liking Rei more than Asuka. Hence the narrative being Shinji being punished for the sin of saving Rei
the only nonsensical way of interpreting 3.33

Then explain waifu content skyrocketing after he took control.

Anno is not above waifu-faggotry, he IS waifu-faggotry. Understanding this is key to understanding post-EoE Gainax and Anno.

Evageeks are retarded, but thematically it's hopeful, if only because the situation is so extremely shit and there's a chance it might improve slightly.

What separates this from pretentious accusations and something with actual meaning though? Throwing platitudes at the viewer doesn't do much, especially those that are as contextual as "handlling change".

It's never about the change itself, it's about the nature of the change. Give someone a million bucks, and they'll love the change in their balance. Fine them a million however....

See if you actually want to understand what's going on.

The only way that makes sense, you mean.

I dont like this stuff because it elevates Anno to Kubrick levels of lack of responsibility. The ‘its shit on purpose’ defense is tiring.

based

This. It's better to just ignore the Rebuilds and give the Rebuild and Anno dick-humpers shit for being basically cultists.

>Hikari
>better than her recently revealed sisters

Attached: 150359.jpg (826x621, 87K)

It's not "shit on purpose", it's circumstantially good.

That is, it's made to benefit Anno, and by extension Asuka and Kaworu fans. The Rebuilds are Gods Gift from Heaven to this subgroup of the otaku audience, and that's why they are the biggest portion of the fanbase right now.

Anno is worse than the Nickelodeon faggots at including their own fetishes in their "art".

Recently? It's been ten years.

Any Shinjis here trying to rise up?

SOULLESS / SOUL / SOULLESS
It's so fucking blatant too. Their soulless designs are clearly created to pander with the pink heart shoes on the little girl and the suspenders pushing the boobs forward on the boob lady. Disgusting

yes
meant to say the only non-nonsensial way

I said "revealed", not "acknowledged to exist"

Attached: smil.gif (240x320, 881K)

>anything I don't like is soulless

WATCH ANOTHER ANIME

LMAO

>he doesn't cum triangles
never gonna make it brah

Guys exactly how much of FLCL is parody of Eva? I know its a lot but I didn't figure the name FLCL cake from LCL like that

It's not.

They are cartoons user. Cartoons you probably saw when you were younger than the characters stated ages. Who cares?

Everything's a parody of something to you idiots

>implying Anno gives a fuck about waifu faggotry anymore, let alone the majority of this franchise
>implying he even cares about Asuka anymore when this Asuka is nothing like NGE's Asuka and is basically a new character altogether

The only waifu character he still seems to give a fuck about is Kaworu. So much so that he made him the focal point for both the anti-escapism messages and the emerging timeline bullshit. It also helps that he's the only one who manages to retain most of his memories from these time loops.

Attached: 1389768451860.png (237x325, 154K)

What kill happen when Rei discovers that Freddie Prinze Jr has an adult diaper fetish?

Gifting Kaworu with "time loop powers" and retaining memories elevates him above all the other characters.
But you forget Asuka, giving her super-powers as well, while removing all the failures the original had. She's currently the "leader" since Kaworu is dead.
Anno ruined Eva with waifu-faggotry.

Are you retarded? Why do you think Asuka is basically a new character altogether?

BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL ASUKA WAS SHIT YOU FUCKING RETARD

She was garbage compared to Rei, and even Kaworu was utter garbage compared to Rei. That's the reason why Rei was more than twice as popular as both of them.
So what does Anno do when Rei beats his two favorites? Obviously he makes Rei into the root of all evil, makes the character retarded while giving his favorites super-powers.

You have to be a brainlet if you don't get this. Kaworu is also basically a new character by the way.

Oh! Oh so it has 'layers', huh? Can you name one instead of just hiding behind the idea of 'layers'? Can you explain your take, what it means, and how it is shown by the work? Or are you just going to deny the stated theme of the work with an 'idk i think there was another story'?

Wait wait wait wait wait, thwre are ACTUALLY people who think Evangelion ended with a confused Shinji unintentionally attacking Asuka in a way that DOESN'T indicate anything about his character, and then they get up, wait it out, give themselves couple's therapy, and fall in love on the deatroyed Earth? Wtf lol why were you even following the series?

It's amazingly common and fucking insane. They hide behind shit like

non of them are. They are all garbage people each representing a type
no? I wanted to fuck asuka back when I was younger than her and I still won't say no now that im twice her age

True Adulthood is realizing Kaworu is best and most comfy option but he is stagnation that will stunt your development and personal growth. Its not right to say yes to him no matter how much we want to

Yep, they do.

These people make up the core Eva fanbase. You'll find them on Evageeks sucking Anno's cock, and backing the Rebuilds 100%.

This seems really autistic. Remind me again why I should watch this garbage?

Eva Geeks is a fucking curse, it creates this contrived fan reading that becomes gospel because it's literally on THE wiki for the show. Then people feel like they've "unlocked" the secret, pretty positive, ending/meaning of the show, and go on sharing that as if everyone else is wrong. The type of people to fucking absorb the reading of a NGE wiki are not the people listening to what Anno was saying.

Wasn't that supposed to be BAD END?

No, it's realizing liking Kaworu is mad gay and Shinji should have strangled him instead.

God anime is retarded, I hate you all for tricking me into watching this absolute shite. Your "readings" are all pathetic and clearly shows you've barely read anything more advanced than some waifumanga and porn.

All the characters outright state what they want, where they're coming from and what their character because you weebs are completely incapable of inference and since you don't understand how humans work you have to be told everything.

Couple that with typical anime story nonsense about "joining humanity into a single consciousness" and endless waifufaggotry and you end up with these type of discussions.

I hate you all so much it makes me nauseous, it's good that anime is such a containment medium because you people are absolutely deranged.

Evangelion is a series for young teens that happens to have nudity and violence in it so you "adults" can watch it as well. You make me sick.

The original TV-show from the 90's is good. It has good concepts, designs and interesting developments.

Past that however, there's no point in watching as Anno's otaku side takes over. Evangelion past EoE is purely about rewriting the canon and the setting to make Anno's own waifus look good.

Anno is directly catering to these people now.

have sex

Attached: 1562657981914.jpg (1200x1190, 93K)

>God anime is retarded
God American movies are retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=GgPJSBd18MU

The Hedgehog's dilemma episode really emphasizes this. As a person in the audience you should be able to figure it out, but instead Misato does a huge exposition explaining it because the Japanese audience is retarded. This is like the opposite of BvS. And the worst part is that all Japanese media followed suit, giving long-winded exposition scenes to explain basic concepts to the audience, who then believes they are smart.

Him choking Asuka really doesn't have much to do with disliking her or anything like that and more to do with checking if he's really out of Instrumentality. After all, he's been on the beach for weeks at least, seeing as he had time to go get Misato's cross, build a grave and have it rust. , so at that point he's not only probably bit more than a little insane, but he now has to deal with the possibility that is' not over.
He knows exactly how she reacts to him choking her in instrumentality, and the fact that she doesn't do what he expects/wants her to do tells him that is' actually her, hence why he stops.
Them "falling in love" is almost entirely self-inserting, especially if you insist that's the only logical conclusion or the most canon one,

american audience smart

movie go big boom

much fun

Yui clearly.

American media is bad too. Snyder was the only person who respected the audience, but he respected them too much. People were confused, and angry as a result. That's why they flock to Disney.

That's Evageeks for you.
They've permanently tarnished the west's take on Eva's original themes and messages with their Asukafag fanshipping bullshit since the early 2000's.

Rei, Kaworu and Misato's characters suffered greatly from it. Hell they still suffer from it. There are still people out there who believe Rei represents waifu escapism and weak-willed women and nothing else, when the climax of her character happens when she states she "isn't a doll" and outright rejects Gendo in EoE. And there are still people out there who believe that Kaworu didn't really love Shinji and was just manipulating him to achieve his own ends, and if he did love him then it wasn't in 'that' way.

EoE was unironically better than most of the pretentious, live-action schlock I've seen throughout my lifetime. You can say what you want about the Rebuilds or even the TV series, but EoE was truly something else, spoon-fed messages aside.

Attached: oHIHgL0.png (1920x1080, 2.11M)

Attached: b8T field.jpg (261x193, 6K)

I enjoyed it, but I'll admit it's been well over a decade since I read it.

No, I know parts of it were planned, but the final scene is where the main "fuck you" comes in. I don't see how that can be interpreted as optimistic, when Shinji and Asuka are all that's left and they hate eachother.

>So you're asking Shinji not to be Shinji?
He doesn't have to stop being Shinji, just experience some character development and become more mature. People can change and grow and improve themselves, and yet remain the same person. Certain aspects of personality are less who you are and more how you present yourself to the world, and those aspects can change.

Which is precisely why, way back when Rebuild 1 came out, some people seized on the idea that they were essentially doing the Re-Take storyline (and it still could end that way, I suppose).

Shinji mans up at the end of every episode then resets back to beta mode because the story requires it. It's poor writing. It's using non-episodic story tropes in an episodic show. That's not how it's supposed to work.

I don't know if it's poor writing or deliberate based on Anno's particular philosophical/psychological outlook, or both.

You know what I think? Anno is a depressed narcissist who thrives on accusing others of having the disease of miscommunication and misunderstanding. I think Anno's lasting theme of the difficulty between people carries on to his relationship with the fan base, and his idea that purity of soul is damaged by the flaws of individuality REQUIRES him to blame individuals for 'unsuitable' behavior to explain why he isn't euphoric in any given moment, and though he's a great auteur, his messages and statements are not all so pure and egoless that the audiemce must always be the villain for interpreting them. Anno is a talented narcissist who lashes out in blame that individuals who bother must be disconnected anti-soul people. Anno likes to pretend he knows Instrumentality, and people who don't properly know him, or who don't interpret him exactly as he intends, could not possibly be deserving of a place in heaven.
He's no David Chase, lets just say that

Attached: 1562594722594.png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

FLCL isnt related to Eva at all?

>>Him choking Asuka really doesn't have much to do with disliking her or anything like that and more to do with checking if he's really out of Instrumentality
the absolute and utter cope of this
do you seriously not understand the ways in which at the very least the Movie (if not the whole show) was condemning Shinji
Do you recall the fucking scene the movie opened on
do you recall why the Third Impact started

The more I see these threads the less I want to watch Evangelion.

He kept 'resetting' because he kept trying to be something and someone that he wasn't.

There's a reason why the end-game love interest turned out out to be a guy, and there's a reason why 25 and 26 couldn't happen until Shinji killed him off.

Anno is pro instrumentality, the "uhh shinji was the hero for retreating back into the comfort of his regular depressing reality" reading is pure and utter copepilled. Instrumentality was a good thing. Anno is antinatalist.

Plebshitter or underage. Watch more movies.

Seethe.

>People need to grow, and that means trying to change the things about yourself that are negative

sounds like what he was trying to say in rebuild

Attached: Anno.png (1279x724, 919K)

t. brainlet
There's a reason they show Misato's cross has rusted, or that they choose to have him choke her, something he did within instrumentality, in opposition to any other means of harming her.
Again, this does not mean they're somehow two little love birds or whatever evageeks is currently claiming, nor does it take away from the fact the entire show is condemning shinji's unwillingness to get over himself and connect with others, and trying to tell otakus to knock off the escapism.
But to claim "he chokes her, that means he hates her" is as retarded as saying "she kissed him, that means she loves him"

I mean, they came up with FLCL as a stress reliever after the production of EoE, but nothing in the story ties it to Evangelion whatsoever, I don't know what caused you to think that

>checking if he's really out of Instrumentality
imagine being this much of a brainlet

>defensive weeb literally enjoys shit writing for asian teenage collectivists JUST out of misplaced spite to Western media
How about you have a brain and just seek quality material instead of deflecting with weak generalization

MUH LORE MUH LORE MUH LORE
ITS OKAY TO BE AN OTAKU
ANNO IS ONE OF US
SHINI IS OKAY, JUST LIKE ME!

>something he did within instrumentality
lmfao you realise doing strangling her then doesnt make it okay for him to do it later
if you come away from the movie in any way making excuse for him fucking strangling someone, you are at best misreading the film, and at worse a pretty twisted individual

>he chokes her, that means he hates her
No one is really specific like that, it's just that choking her is indicative of how fucked he is either way, the weebcel nature of him. It's not a "h-he was just checking, it was totally a normal thing to do!" situation at all. It is a very fucked up thing to do, and he is a very fucked up person that did it.

EVANGELION SUCKS

Are you so retarded that you think saying "he didn't strangle her out of a hate for her" is the same thing as saying "it was totally ok for him to strangle her"?
Those are such utterly different claims that I don't even know how you could make the jump from one to another.

based

oh no no no, the sheer and utter cope of it all! anno totally supports lil incel freaks like you! waifu away! shinji was the good guy all along, youre right!

When on earth did I claim Shinji is not fucked up, or that it's somehow normal to choke someone?
There's nothing normal about it.

>he didn't strangle her out of a hate for her
Are you being needlessly semantic? He did not fucking strangle her as a very normal and very cool way of checking if they were out of Instrumentality. Do you agree with that?

Its a coming of age story about a troubled kid navigating his relationship with women for mecha-piloting skills, so he can awaken his latent psychokenesis and create his own miracle despite manipulation from selfish parties. Its a positive ending compared to EVA, but FLCL uses all the parts and sexual-social themes

you posted

The idea is that he's a fucked up abusive wreck, which is basically being a hateful and negligent person

I've watched plenty of classics. Most of them still don't come close to EoE for me.
I can barely remember the entire mid-section of 2001 or the majority of the family soap-opera fodder that happened in The Godfather, but Asuka's gruesome battle with mass production evas and Lilith looming over earth will be etched into my mind forever.
But then again, those were just your standard pleb examples of "critically-acclaimed" films, both of which I still enjoyed.
If EoE had been a Hollywood-budget live action flick, I'd guarantee you it'd be universally heralded as one of the greatest films of all time, easily.

Ultimately he is a narcissist above all else. He doesn't really process other people as persons unto themselves. This is why it's unsurprising he ultimately rejects Instrumentality. It isn't heaven for him. It never would be.

This is why Evafags should be exiled back to where they came from so they can continue the same conversation they've been having every day for 20 years without anyone else having to suffer seeing it. Pleb. Shitters.

And none of those claim it's normal at all, and Outright says Shinji is condemned by the show for being fucked up.
You seem to have set up a false dichotomy, holding that either "it's shinji checking if he's out" or "shinji being condemned for being fucked up"

Cope harder.

The ending of End Of Eva is kinda like the end of another favorite movie. Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind. Two fuckups alone on a beach in a bittersweet ending which leaves open the possibility of a happy ending, but you get the feeling they'll just fuck it up again.

>in opposition to any other means of harming her
lmfao you can rules lawyer it away all you want but you can't weasel out of how the movie starts and ends. he is completely and utterly condemned by the film. you, the viewer, are not, unless you're actively wallowing in the same mistakes as him.

>leaves open the possibility of a happy ending
Jesus Christ, how are there this many of you?

>He did not fucking strangle her as a very normal and very cool way
I agree. It's not normal or cool, and those are not ways to describe shinji nor are they what the series wants you to take away about him.
>of checking if they were out of Instrumentality.
Disagree. Again, the notion that's it's either/or is profoundly stupid.

Go on, share your reading with the class.

Do you ever notice how every Evafag thread goes to 300+ posts because it's entirely full of inane back and forths that every participant has already gone through a thousand times on a different board? What mental illness causes it?

>he is completely and utterly condemned by the film.
Yes, and? I've never disagreed with this.
But that doesn't disprove my point at all, since you're entire point relies upon a baseless false dichotomy, that either it's him checking if he's out or him being condemned.

30 year old boomer here who didn't like anime as a kid and just finished watching this show for the first time because it is constantly posted here.
I liked it.