Memes and jokes aside, how the fuck did Avatar end up being top in the box office for the past decade...

Memes and jokes aside, how the fuck did Avatar end up being top in the box office for the past decade? Will any movie ever top it since Endgame isn’t going to do it?

Attached: 596B40C2-1274-4963-AEAC-32BBB4EF2034.jpg (339x500, 24K)

Endgame is going to win with DVD and blu ray sales. It’s over, Avatar kiddies, cape bros won.

simple and timeless story (some compare it to pocahontas, so it's pretty much timeless) so you could focus on exploring the magic world of pandora

china and expensive 3D tickets

it made only 200m in china

3d fad + a weak dollar vs foreign currency.

>implying Avatar wont be rereleased before Avatar 2

it was unironically the greatest film of all time that changed cinema forever. Even with 10 years of inflation and a Chinese box office 10x what it was in 2009, Soivengers can't take out a stand-alone original IP from the GOAT JC

Messages about colonialism and indigent populations that resonated with the culture at the time. White guilt was probably at its highest.

>disney extends endgame to try and beat avatar
>they're going to rerelease avatar to take back/extend the lead

Also if you weren't posting on Yea Forums when Avatar was in theatres you're a fucking normalshit that doesn't deserve to be here

Attached: avatar reddit.jpg (938x630, 588K)

get fucked gramps

Mental illness

Attached: 1563299306968.png (1908x5334, 1.11M)

This is what butthurt haters actually believe

quiet, adults are talking

Honestly box office doesn’t even matter, it’s the quality of the move that counts. I never even cared about being #1, I just watched the movie several times because I enjoyed it. I’m satisfied knowing that Endgame is the better movie.

Each time this comes up I remind people that the global recession was in full swing. People needed an escape.

t. literally paid to watch Avatar in a theater seven times while holding down a shitty job in a metal factory that I was happy to have

This.

It's not though. That's really saying something because Avatar is completely mediocre trash. I've always hated that it has the top spot, but I'm honestly thankful a fucking derivative Marvel flick didn't top it.

>China in 2009: 5000 theater screens
>China in 2019: 60 000 theater screens