Let's reccomend each other some overlooked KINO. This movie has one of Hoffman's better performances and a stellar cast...

Let's reccomend each other some overlooked KINO. This movie has one of Hoffman's better performances and a stellar cast. Pre insanity Busey, Harry Dean Stanton, Kathy Bates, and M Emmet Walsh. Hoffman plays an ex con trying to go straight and gets swept up back into pulling hiests. The screenplay was co written by an ex con/bank robber.

Attached: Straight_time.jpg (259x384, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nDZKsd7m2ws
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just watched this a few days ago. Really fucking funny. Its a sex comedy starring Rock Hudson as a football coach and Angie Dickinson as a substitute teacher. Really politically incorrect, Hudson is banging his students and there's a murder mystery. Super sexual there's so many close ups on tits and asses. Gene Roddenberry creator of Star Trek wrote it. Tarantino is evidently a big fan.

Attached: detail.21fd120e.jpg (635x390, 214K)

Pretty fun early 70s spainish western. Its a survival movie about transporting criminals across a snowy mountain. Not as good as the Dollars trilofy and has some flat characters, but its really the dreamy cinematography, scenic landscapes, and violence that make the film good. Honestly has more in common with Last House on the Left than most westerns of that time.

Attached: 32810-cut-throats-nine-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg (230x345, 43K)

saw this once on late-night TV, thought it was a modern film done in 1970s style like Black Dynamite, truly weird

Its definitely couldn't have been made 2 years before or after 1971. Its a real time capsule

Miami Blues is really crazy. Its got Alex Baldwin pretending to be a cop shooting unarmed people and robbing drug dealers with a realistic looking squirt gun. His dream in the movie is to settle down with his Hooked girlfriend and live the American dream. Really funny movie, feels like a more meanspirited Coen Bros. Film.

Attached: 220px-Miami_blues_poster.jpg (220x328, 31K)

Billed as "non-fiction" The Thin Blue Line was a great story on a miscarriage of justice.

Attached: thin_blue_line.jpg (1288x1600, 165K)

Elliott Gould is playing the classic Bogart role of Phillip Marlo. He's more bumbling than badass. Its kind of like a less boring version of Inherent Vice. Really quirky and creative, but the violence is pretty brutal. Same director as MASH.

Attached: Longposter.jpg (252x388, 17K)

Always been on my watchlist. Didn't the documentary get the guy off Death Row?

>Straight Time
>Pretty Maids All In A Row
>The Thin Blue Line
>The Long Goodbye

Best thread in tv/ right now.

Electra Glide in Blue is a weird-ass masterwork, directed by James William Guercio. Robert Blake gave his best work in this, imho. American 70s cinema at its finest

Attached: Kino.jpg (658x1000, 175K)

alent: Terrence Malick. His impressionistic take on the notorious Charles Starkweather killing spree of the late 1950s uses a serial-killer narrative as a springboard for an oblique teenage romance, lovingly and idiosyncratically enacted by Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek. The film introduced many of the elements that would earn Malick his passionate following: the enigmatic approach to narrative and character, the unusual use of voice-over, the juxtaposition of human violence with natural beauty, the poetic investigation of American dreams and nightmares. This debut has spawned countless imitations, but none have equaled its strange sublimity.

Attached: mIKKJYC8m5eLi8ybTuoSZOyyCtoukK_large.jpg (1288x1600, 294K)

Just finished watching this, best buddy cop film I've seen. James Caan is Freebie a racist cop and Alan Arkin is his Mexican partner The Bean. Caan fights a transvestite, crashes a car through an elderly couples apartment, and brutalizes suspects. Its hilliarious and has some of the great car stunts. Apparently this was Kubrick's favorite film of 1974.

Attached: Freebie and the Bean.jpg (580x883, 144K)

Two-Lane Blacktop is an odd bird. An existential cross country race. Maybe too drive-in for the r/truefilm crowd and too art house for the Grindhouse crowd but I like it. Former Beach Boy Dennis Wilson and James Taylor are cool as ice in it. Warren Oates is hilliarious as the antagonist. Laurie Bird is a real qt in this. Its only flaw is being a bit too slowpaced for a road trip movie. What Easy Rider was for the Corman Biker films, Two-Lane Blacktop was for the cheapo stock car racing movies.

Attached: TwoLanePoster.jpg (265x375, 22K)

Never heard of it. And now its on my watchlist.

Hope you enjoy it.

Attached: Electra.jpg (1024x1024, 462K)

I thought of Maurice Chevalier as mainly a butt of jokes until I watched this. Guy has got such easygoing charisma. All three leads are great. Funny in a way that still holds up imo, fave scene might be the two ladies singing about their panties together.

Attached: thesmilinglieutenant.jpg (640x499, 243K)

I've been seeding this for 2 weeks just watch it

Attached: sitting-target+copy[1].jpg (512x512, 195K)

I've heard good things about it

The Assassination of Trotsky. Richard Burton, Alain Delon and Romy Schneider at the top of their game. A masterwork of suspense.

This is on my highly recommend. I watched this when I was a kid and it;s still a brutal film for it's time.

Yes. there is a chainsaw fight in it and one scene where a guy has his in front of a train wheel.

Attached: darkofthesun.jpg (630x1200, 213K)

Richard Burton is a blind spot for me. What are some of his best movies overlooked or otherwise?

The poster has sold me on the movie

Was this also released as Dark of the Sun?

>The poster has sold me on the movie
I think you will Enjoy it.

Ha ha. Yes.
Great soundtrack too.
youtube.com/watch?v=nDZKsd7m2ws

That's what its called on letterboxd

Since some of you have mentioned films from the New Hollywood period, here's one of my absolute favourites that I don't see mentioned much at all: Night Moves (1975) by Arthur Penn. It's a neo-noir starring Gene Hackman as a PI who gets hired to track down a missing 16-year-old girl in the Florida Keys.

It's a cynical, ambiguous and isolated neo-noir, but set in the hazy, dreamlike heat of LA and Florida. Hackman's character is carrying around ghouls from his earlier life and when he eventually finds the teenage girl, he unexpectedly finds platonic solace in her company.

The acting is brilliant, the script is tight, and the location work in the Florida Keys is absolutely stunning.

Attached: Night-moves.jpg (1023x734, 204K)

My Cousin Rachel
The Wild Geese (also African mercenary kino)
The Spy Who Came In From The Cold
Becket
The Taming of the Shrew (excellent, also has Elizabeth Taylor at full hotness and Michael York)
Doctor Faustus (Marlowe not Goethe, has an extended anti-papal homophobic fart joke sequence. The sixteenth century, ladies and gentlemen)
The Medusa Touch

I blind bought the boy ray off amazon a week ago still need to watch it

For me, it's Steve Buscemi getting fucked in the ass

Attached: On_the_Road_FilmPoster.jpg (220x300, 114K)

For me its Harry Dean Stanton delirious at the Avengers premiere

Attached: D_c-wdsW4AE48QF.jpg (477x594, 49K)

One of the better AIP cheapo gangsters films that were made in the wake of Bonnie and Clyde's success. Its John Millius's debut as director, who'd later go on to direct the first Conan and Red Dawn. Warren Oates gives a pretty good performance its a shame he was relegated to a character actor because of his looks. Also the action direction is phenomenonal, even though its a low budget drive in flick its action sequences are better than most of its contemporary big budget counterparts. Its on Amazon prime.

Attached: DillingerPoster1973.jpg (256x388, 27K)

how's the flick? besides post-wall Kstew getting her tits out which is automatic 10/10 for some Krager