what was the meaning of this scene?

Attached: D9509123-13C6-4190-8A48-6D658452AA18.gif (529x251, 2.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=er_o82OMlNM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Establishing the monolith had a catalytic effect on the evolution of man, specifically learning to use tools.

Monolith = silver screen => enlightenment of the masses

The Monolith represents a censorship bar as Kubrick wanted to show the true alien influence behind human history but knew he couldn't get away with showing it accurately

read the book

so it implies humans are animals influenced by aliens?

A meataphor for getting the black dick

>so it implies humans are animals influenced by aliens?
Yes, the apes were dying out but the monolith recognized that they had the potential for greatness with a little nudge to get them through a rough time in their evolution.

Ancient Astronaut theorists ... say yes.

no

Attached: Untitled.png (656x355, 41K)

ye

youtube.com/watch?v=er_o82OMlNM

well u kno dem stupid monkeys dey just do anythin and say anythin and dey just funny

trump is racist.

based
not based, corrupt dubs

the shitty and cheap monkey costumes were there to warn the viewer about the 2 hours of boring nonsense awaiting them. based kubrick

it means nothing. Kubrick just threw in some random shit while he filmed the Moon Landings.

From what I gather

Black people = apes

Wow kubrick was a hack.

establishing the fact that kubrick is a hack

READ THE FUCKING BOOK YOU MORON. The book and movie were created together as companion pieces.

The script for 2001 has this scene taking place in Sumatra tho

but kubrick said the book sucks and arthur c clarke said the movie sucks

I say they both suck

They weren't made as companion pieces. They were initially one story Kubrick and Clarke that diverted around 1966 when Clarke was writing a novel based on what they'd already done while Kubrick was focused on the technical aspects of the film and changed the script and how the film was to end up on numerous occasions, even after the premiere. One does not inform the other. They are the same but also crucially different.

comparison pieces maybe, definitely not companion
i liked the book i read better