youtu.be/EgcgFdhaKok
streamable.com/6frhd
youtube.com/watch?v=VzlLK8k7s4s
streamable.com/tl92y
youtube.com/watch?v=TLDZyUlV8Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=uh_TxI9TSJI
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's always been obsolete. I've never laughed once at a stand-up.

>I've never laughed once at a stand-up.
Try listening to their jokes, stupid.

Attached: 24162F0A-F473-4267-808C-D00E56CD8FA6.jpg (1000x728, 85K)

no, but Burr is (if he was ever relevant to begin with)

its been dead for at least 10 years

there will aways be drunk idiots that want to be entertained with jokes

If you only knew how bad things really are

Attached: 1E509BDF-B405-4575-A377-C4D31D3551BE.jpg (298x361, 38K)

Stand-up comedy is narcissism on a cosmic scale. No wonder they're all mentally ill and on meds.

Stand up comedy is now a monologue from giant bulldykes yelling at the audience.

This. If I was there in-person, and was pretty drunk I'd probably enjoy it more, but when you watch stand-up at home they're shit.

Personally, I think when people resort to stand-up it means their career is going to shit.

What was the last good stand-up special?

Why would it be?

I just don't see what comedians can possibly joke about anymore, especially if they're white.

You don't see to know much about the scene.

>i am of superior intelligence because i have no sense of humour
all the good comedians are insecure, the shitty ones (like Burr) are the narcissists
stand-up is how the majority of comedians begin their careers, moron

Autism

Dave Chappelle - For What it's Worth

Welcome to performance artists. Musicians, actors, theater, stand up, painters. It's the whole point.

Stand up comedy isn't supposed to make you laugh, it's supposed to make you think.

>It's the whole point.
no it isn't retard
the good creatives create for themselves and whoever wants to listen
the narcissists paste their mediocre autotuned voice on top of a repetitive beat and shitty lyrics written by someone else and jump around on stage

Kys

This guy is funny.

Attached: Nate Bargatze.jpg (1200x1318, 176K)

ahh yes, the craft...

b-but he has great chemistry with his wife on the podcast!

I saw Emo Philips not long ago and he's still great. Netflix should give him a special.

Attached: emo and al.jpg (657x960, 90K)

Rich, famous and skinny and that’s the hottest black chick he could find to marry him, what a waste

It certainly is at the moment. Worst state comedy in general has ever been in.

I thought that dude was dead. Damn, I gotta see him now.

>b-but he has great chemistry with his wife on the podcast!

>whispering
h-hey guys bill burr here with the monday morning podcast uuuhhhh...Y-you might
>stops talking, sounds of him looking around can be heard
you might be wondering uuhh..why im whispering heheh...uuuhhh
>sounds increasingly nervous
heh i-its because the baby is sleeping...uuuhh..and
>suddenly a hellish shriek can be heard in the background
NNNIIIIIIIGGUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH
oh sweet jeesus nononono I was so careful no god please
>furious fast steps can be heard coming up the stairs
NIGGUH YOU BEST NOT BE DOIN YO GAY LIL PODCASS IN DA ATTIC AGAIN
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck the lovely nia oh god I need to hide
>bill can be heard going through stuff frantically trying to hide
>door busts down
>nia can be heard furiously breathing
WHERE ARE YOU LIL NIGGUH
>starts shuffling through stuff throwing shit around laughing and sniffing
I CAN SMELL YO PASTY LIL WHYT ASS YOU KNOW SMELLZ LIKE WET DOG
>throws some boxes to the side
THERE'S MUH LIL TERRIFIED PIECE O' ASS
NO NIA PLEASE NIANIA D-D-DONT PL-
>podcast goes offline

And that's a good thing.

This man will save comedy.

Attached: luis skankhands.jpg (1199x957, 117K)

This guy made me laugh

m.youtube.com/watch?v=u5AD-UM114s

He opened for Weird Al on a tour recently and he killed it. You should absolutely see him.

>black
>save comedy

Attached: dennis.jpg (1220x918, 206K)

They both perform to display their talent and be looked at. Just because one has talent and the other does not it does not make their motives any different.

size of that thing...

That doesn't even make sense. The greatest standup special of all time is by a black guy.

Attached: Eddie-Murphy-Delirious-1983.jpg (1560x1573, 132K)

Wrong pic.

Attached: Jay Mohr.jpg (550x766, 217K)

this guy makes me laugh

youtu.be/EgcgFdhaKok

based and redpilled

ahem...

Attached: WHERE'S THE BLOODY JOKES.jpg (1000x655, 82K)

I hope you're ashamed of yourself for this embarrassing mess.

AI comedy when? Taytweets doesn't count because it was unintentional.

Attached: screen-shot-2016-03-24-at-10-05-07-am.png (1160x636, 217K)

no it's been killed by pc culture

comedy=being offensive and not politically correct

Attached: sara-st-james-850535.jpg (1067x1600, 104K)

>t. hannah gadsby

Joe DeRosa is in no way redpilled, but he's very funny.

do you think he ever tried any of her wigs on?

Attached: 007.jpg (1663x2495, 206K)

>not Raw
Nah seriously though Delirious is hugely underappreciated but Raw was the goat.

This

Nah, Dave Chappelle is still alive.

i only listen to sam hyde standups

I completely disagree. Delirious had better bits all the way through. Although the bit about Johnny Carson's wife is top tier.

Delirious is better.

No

streamable.com/6frhd

Attached: 1485322030424.webm (290x310, 584K)

Christ I fucking hate him.

This is what a modern stand up comedian looks like: youtube.com/watch?v=VzlLK8k7s4s

Make Happy

For sure dont be a hater b, y'blockbuster

Attached: 1552049446722.png (339x465, 188K)

memes are the new stand-up comedy

Attached: neverrelax.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

>when you watch stand-up at home they're shit
Yeah the shit ones are. Nobody says this about the good specials when they are fresh and relevant. The problem is you kids (avoiding z word) have only known shitty neoliberal comics or moderates like CK and Silverman who flip flopped to the bigger demographic when it was convenient.

i hate bo burnham.

What an asshole.

My 3x national champ muay thai coach told me about a chinese fight doctor known as 'Dr. Feel-Good' because when reviewing injured fighters he would always say "how you? you feel good?".

Why. He seems quite talented to me

they perform because they have things to say and people to say them to. You're doing the exact same thing by posting here. The difference is they have the talent and the initiative to monetize it

Attached: Bill Burrs Brother.jpg (854x437, 66K)

It's tough b, hunnit percent

streamable.com/tl92y

Attached: 1552594311151.jpg (378x448, 25K)

Bo's comedy is funny and clever but a bit overproduced for my tastes

Attached: 0ZcRGpn.png (773x608, 918K)

Stand-up is kind of obsolete because 80% of it are jokes and stories that could be better conveyed through other platforms (podcasts, videos, talk shows, sketches, tweets, literally anything). There's nothing Bill Burr says on his specials that wouldn't be funnier on Conan, MMM or O&A.

Pic related is unironically the only person who thinks of it as something whole and different. He's like a movie director playing with editing, cinematography and angles back when everybody was just filming plays. But nobody will follow his example because it takes too much effort.

Attached: 5300191.jpg (968x681, 27K)

It must suck to have a sibling whose success in life just shoots off into the stratosphere. Makes me glad I'm an only child.

Eddie's impression of his father is way funnier in Delirious as well, actually.

>Brendan Schaub is a prick
Shocked.

You're a retard. Posting on an anonymous imageboard is not in the same ball park as getting up on stage to showcase one's talents. People perform because they like to show off what they can do and because validation is delicious. Some of them are hugely talented, but don't believe for a minute that vanity isn't the primary motivation for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=TLDZyUlV8Ww

Attached: Tom Myers.jpg (804x643, 63K)

I like him when he's making jokes and not trying to be deep

It takes a particular kind of cuck to want to watch Stewart Lee, let alone actually sit in his audience

No, but sketch comedy is.

the true king of comedy

based bong hit transplant poster

that's just a lazy old routine no wonder he's famous as a podcaster

If it wasnt so fucking politically correct and politically motivated, it would be better.

You're not allowed to be offensive, and everything now is about fucking relationships and shit.

everyone likes validation. it's ingrained in humanity. don't pretend like you don't care about it just because you post on an anonymous image board. people like the feeling of their personal efforts being enjoyed by other people, whether those efforts are made anonymously or not.

No it's not. You're just a fuckin retard.

I pretended no such thing, I was merely making the assertion that performers perform for the same reasons regardless of whether they're 'good creatives' or 'narcissistic and mediocre'.

you made the assertion that seeking validation makes you a narcissist, which is not true

Different guy, buddy. was my first post.

oh for fuck sakes

Wanna cuddle?

pleb tier opinion

dibs on big spoon

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle is the only good standup on Netflix.

john pinette is jolly

podcasts and previously radio were always more funny than standup was because it was more organic
standup relies too much on tired setups and "heres this bullshit story that totally happened to me" kind of stuff
podcasts and radio just allow comedians to be more organically funny and entertaining

Like David Bowie's Blackstar puts a cap on all rock music, Comedy Vehicle actually puts a cap on stand-up comedy. Sure, there's pretenders afterwards, but the artform has now peaked and we can just stop.

WHITED

Lee's like the Penn & Teller of standup. He's an old hand and knows all the routines, can do them better than anyone, but chooses to use them in a way that exposes them and then subverts them and makes them funnier

zoomers I swear to god

do they still hide their kid?

>The craziest thing about this is that afro americans account for the majority of violent crime!

Attached: 1563297086139.jpg (320x245, 16K)

AI has every right to replace us.

Humanity doesn't deserve to exist and everybody on this board knows it.

Attached: Things I WIsh Really Happened.jpg (636x480, 32K)

Not until john mulaney dies.

Attached: drrugs.gif (498x249, 2.52M)

If you consider blackstar "rock" you're fucking retarded you absolute ingrate. Go smash an electric guitar into your fucking earholes until you understand what it means to be a man

Raw sucks

This
Blackstar is actually good, unlike the sweaty music this virgin prolly listens to

Once Louie comes back with a new special called "jerking around" stand-up comedy will be revived.

this was funnier than any stand-up routine I've seen

Bleached* ftfy

frienship simulators (podcasts) and twitter have taken over stand up, the millennial/zoomer brand of fifty levels of irony humour works best over text and it's what we're all most accustomed to and being able to be a funny online guy is the best way to gain social clout for men and
almost everyone online now is {profression} + funny twitter guy persona but at the same time people are becoming more autistic and less funny in real life.

Attached: 39092990_2052512378112819_789285293877362688_n.jpg (961x961, 100K)

>racist, unfunny and an asshole
how did he miss the ball so hard? I thought he was a football wrestler. I mean his wife is asian why didn't she stop him?

Attached: f2c71c543-1.jpg (480x360, 19K)

This fucking faggot tells everyone to start a podcast and do standup.

Attached: 556757-joe-rogan-ai.png (810x456, 294K)

I'd do standup, at least as a hobby, if it weren't for my crippling social anxiety.

Shes Mexican

Attached: Schaub cucked.jpg (387x466, 34K)

Nick is a very funny fella. I know he's having a good time with this Epstein stuff.

Yeah all the good comedians haven't released shit

hedberg did it, just wear sunglasses

Only one man can save it.

youtube.com/watch?v=uh_TxI9TSJI

Attached: Photo_%281%29.jpg (900x900, 68K)

Every normie I know loves it. Seems more relevant than ever.

Podcasts > Stand Up

>>suddenly a hellish shriek can be heard in the background
>NNNIIIIIIIGGUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHH
top lul

continuing, this is probably a bad thing as it follows the trend of further atomisation of everything cultural into a million and one marketable demographics (use our promo code at bluechew so you can fuck your gf on your casper after you buy her a bra from thirdlove) instead of having comedians that everyone knows (pryor, carlin, chappelle) associated with an entire era that spoke to everyone and that we could all laugh with or reflect on our current state as a physical group we now have completely separate groups of alienated people with no real shared reference points laughing at shit in their bubbles (netflix comedy, weird niche twitter, shared podcast universes, even imageboards, twitch, etc) who as far as they're concerned are living in separate realities and can barely relate to anyone on the outside (the normies) and lends to bullshit like identity politics. i'm probably propping up stand up too much, and it's not really a medium i give a shit about, but i think we're definitely losing something as we continue to delve deeper into the era of identities and tiny subcultures.

id watch her take a cock in her butt if you know what i mean wink wink

Attached: 1562728848794.webm (960x686, 1.55M)

All redheads must be blacked...

Explain?

Attached: toober schaub.jpg (1080x1350, 198K)

I enjoyed Jeselnick's last thing

He's great. I enjoyed his old Comedy Central show too.

Stewart Lee fans unironically believe this shit.