George Carlin

Why does Yea Forums hate him? Yeah some of his material was too edgy and fedora but you can admit that he was a good comic.

Attached: george-carlin.jpg (2048x1536, 681K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aTZ-CpINiqg
youtube.com/watch?v=7SUIiIP1DB8
youtu.be/9dY4WlxO6i0?t=19
youtu.be/UcwrKomwvLU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He had some classic bits but his hippie boomer angry grandpa shit towards the end was fucking terrible.

DUDE BAD WORDS LMAO

>why do angsty incels on Yea Forums vehemently hate something that is widely popular
Really make a me think.

He hated his own generation and did a bit where he said the boomers sold out and abandoned their principles while ruining America for future generations.
youtu.be/aTZ-CpINiqg

He went insane as he got older, even other comedians admit this, or 1990 or so, that was it.

2nd best comedian ever, only Richard Pryor was better

He was pretty good when he was young but I'd hesitate to call what he did as an old man "comedy." It was only comedy in that he was a cranky old man and laughing at him could be amusing. He just got on the stage and ranted about stupid bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=7SUIiIP1DB8

opie and anthony explained it best

youtu.be/9dY4WlxO6i0?t=19

He thought his generation was tough unlike those goddamn boomers.

He stopped telling jokes and became an atheist preacher.

This.

I hate his how internet skeptics think that he would've been on their side in the name of freedom of speech and against SJWs. It's true he disliked crazies and liked freedom but his main target was evangelical Christians and all things that Republicans like. He only made many jokes at the expense of "lame white people" and how men ruin everything and women should run the country. He'd be another Louis CK at best.

even when he was old I don't recall him saying anything wrong.
except maybe "voting doesn't matter"

Anyone have any examples?
I think you guys are just the dumb asses who are the butt of his jokes like the typical retarded conservative or the typically SJW crazy liberal and you got offended.

Of course hed be more on the side of freedom of speech than SJWs, but he was basically a classic liberal

>except maybe "voting doesn't matter"
That's true, though. Unless you're in a swing state, you're vote literally doesn't matter.

They don't understand a thing about him and constantly reduce over five decades of being the GOAT to one stupid thing like old man yells at cloud or overly critical of white people or overly sympathetic to women or some other shit when he was far more complicated than that and not some dumb cardboard cutout. Not liking him is one thing. People who think he was a truly bad comedian have unanimously never seen/heard 95% of his material.

its true that genrally the powers that be control the masses and their thinking, but if enough smart people vote (which is a problem), things can change.
and I hate to sound like a SJW, but voting doesn't matter is easier to say when youre not directly affected by policy, or have enough money and safety to not worry about shit like healthcare.
But shit yeah over all voting matters.

youtu.be/UcwrKomwvLU

Yeah I heard about that,
but still even in his last special, I still don't see much wrong in anything he said.
They argued he was more of a speaker than a comedian at that point, which is fine, but it was still great and accurate.

I wonder if he's got any more edgy jokes when he receives God's judgement lol

are you trolling or are you just retarded

He was great until his last few specials where he was just ranting on stage. Like those times Bill Hicks would get shitfaces and just lay on stage mumbling.

That said, it’s not that I don’t agree with Carlin’s views or his right to use his status as a platform. I’m just kind of bummed about the lack of comedy.

Dilate

sneed

Pray.

And by "explained" you mean presented a contrarian opinion that you could borrow to show all your friends on Yea Forums

>He was great until his last few specials where he was just ranting on stage. Like those times Bill Hicks would get shitfaces and just lay on stage mumbling.
Those are not at all the same. That was Bill in the mid/late 80s and he sobered up and became sharp as a tack. George stayed sharp as a tack the whole way and had points to everything he was saying (and yes, was adding humor to most of it), unlike Bill when he would just curl up into a ball and start drunkenly screaming and moaning.

Everyone seems to forget Complaints and Grievances and his last special, It's Bad For Ya, which are hilarious, despite the anger. It's Bad For Ya actually toned down the anger significantly. The only practically insufferable Carlin specials from the 90s onward are You People Are All Diseased and Life Is Worth Losing.

Is it really a bad thing to abandon your "principles" when those principles are a delusional utopian fever dream that only exists as an excuse to do massive amounts of drugs and fuck everything that moves?
Btw, he wasn't a boomer