So, how is the Fargo series compared to the movie? Is it worth watching? Yah?

So, how is the Fargo series compared to the movie? Is it worth watching? Yah?

Attached: file.png (800x400, 498K)

It's lame

first season is a masterpiece

Hmm, maybe i'll watch it then

S1 > Movie > S3 >>>>>>S2

Movie > Season 1 = Season 2 >> Season 3

Definitely worth watching

Yah, I'll watch it then

S1 = S3 > movie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>power gap>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>aliens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>s2

Yes, it's great, just ignore anyone here who doesn't like season 2, as it's history narrative of North Dakota and German settlers is a pleb filter

Based

it's just a longer and overall worse version of the movie desu

but still ok

The first season is pretty great. It used to be a really big meme here to not understand the falling through thin ice ending, since it is one of the most transparent metaphors in modern television. S2 was horribly written, but had absolutely great characters. Tbh, s3 is the weakest but fags on here won't admit it.

Season 2 was best contrarian mongs

this

the series can't even come close to portraying what a giant loser jerry was

Attached: fargo-william-macy.jpg (600x300, 31K)

This is the correct ranking

Was the story of the movie not based at a true story at all? When I saw I believed it was based, even more because at the start of the movie it was said that it was, but that was just made up by the Coen brothers?

Every season has some fantastical element to it.

Malvo, n season one, is the embodiment of pure evil, contrasting with Lester's evil born from human weakness.

Varga "I'm a citizen of the air" is obviously a fallen angel.

In season two they went with aliens.

>The film opens with the following text:
>This is a true story. The events depicted in this film took place in Minnesota in 1987. At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed. Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred.

>Closing credits bear the standard all persons fictitious disclaimer for a work of fiction.[6] Regarding this apparent discrepancy, the Coen brothers claimed that they based their script on an actual criminal event, but wrote a fictional story around it. "We weren't interested in that kind of fidelity," said Joel Coen. "The basic events are the same as in the real case, but the characterizations are fully imagined ... If an audience believes that something's based on a real event, it gives you permission to do things they might otherwise not accept."[7]

>The brothers have modified their explanation more than once. In 1996, Joel Coen told a reporter that—contrary to the opening graphic—the actual murders were not committed in Minnesota.[8][9] Many Minnesotans speculated that the story was inspired by T. Eugene Thompson, a St. Paul attorney who was convicted of hiring a man to murder his wife in 1963, near the Coens' hometown of St. Louis Park; but the Coens claimed that they had never heard of Thompson. After Thompson's death in 2015, Joel Coen changed the explanation again: "[The story was] completely made up. Or, as we like to say, the only thing true about it is that it's a story."[10]

>The film's special edition DVD contains yet another account, that the film was inspired by the 1986 murder of Helle Crafts from Connecticut at the hands of her husband, Richard, who disposed of her body through a wood chipper.[11]

Just the Coens being hacks as usual.

Everything looks too neat and clean like its a set not a real place.
I hate modern movies desu with their minimalistic bland looks of them that, we all been brainwashed to agree, is always 'saved' by the lighting or the arrangement of things in the shot they call composition.

>Everything looks too neat and clean like its a set not a real place.

I take it you've never been to ND/MN?

Season 2 is a masterpiece. For some reason brainlets don't get it.

This

T. Lorn malvo

Season 2 is good, however i went in with pretty high expectations after season 1, and was a bit let down by the first half of the season