How much biological sense do you like your monsters to have?

How much biological sense do you like your monsters to have?

Attached: the-mist-behemoth-creature-monster-alien4.jpg (600x539, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ktqNNsVJhUE
youtu.be/WemG0jp1jRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that's cool af, this movie's creatures were 10/10

just like the ending was 10/10

this board is literally about an artform that is funded by people that rape and murder children

Based artform funders

Why would a creature from todash space follow the same body plan as one from our level of the Tower?

>just like the ending was 10/10
true pleb opinion just like everyone else, the way how fast it happend made it look like a fucking comedy

>what were the monsters' tax policies

wew

>I Am Jazz: Season FInale

>true pleb opinion just like everyone else, the way how fast it happend made it look like a fucking comedy
Ah yes, your wise opinion is the objective truth, i see that now. Thank you, user.

I like the hl2 creatures and synths.
Really cool designs. The synths in particular and all the grunts they make hammer home that they're aliens that have been genetically fucked with and turned into war machines.
I haven't seen any films with the same aesthetic, robots and generic aliens are boring desu.

Attached: Strider_crouched.jpg (636x451, 37K)

There's literally nothing that we anonymous users can do about it so we discuss movies.

I'm prepared to give them a lot of leeway in favor of interesting design.

>shoot everyone except yourself
>not a minute later the army arives
>WOE IS ME AAAAAAAAAAA

They don't have to, it's just which one you prefer. Do you like it when a monster looks like it could actually be a living creature like a Xenomorph, or you like it when they throw logic out the window just to freak you out. Best example I can think of for that is Silent Hill, though not really a good Yea Forums example.

Yeah? What's wrong with it? All you did was describe what happens.

It happens to fucking fast thats what

sounds good desu i think you're full of shit

checked

Attached: 1534541492350.jpg (681x681, 39K)

After they witnessed the titanic beast walk over their vehicle, they shared a silent understanding that shit is absolutely fucked. They no longer have the safety of multiple people, or a large facility. They were on a rinky dinky car with no gas, and they didn't want to suffer at the hands of whatever else could possibly be out there.

War of the world's tripods

It's supposed to be abrupt you dumb cunt, the point is that he just had to wait a tiny bit longer. It's a punch in the gut.

you no nothing about the power of user.

I think the slide whistle sound after the army breaches through the mist was a little much

Kind of cool but at the end of the day they're just mechs and don't have the creepy tortured beast factor.

youtube.com/watch?v=ktqNNsVJhUE

Where's the one with the Curb theme?

that is the scene from the movie we were talking about, yes. thank you very much for your contribution, user.

the more nonsensical, grotesque, and lovecraftian the better

Seething

over what? are you retarded?

Yikes

tHe nUmBeRs mAsOn

What does it eat?

pusy

smaller creatures

>What does it eat?
Protein

Based.

Sóy

>How much biological sense do you like your monsters to have?
mostly believable but not completely realistic so they have an element of being spooky and mysterious

that's the whole fucking point retard

posting on Yea Forums is ironic

The fact that every unit from the combine is a cyoborg just makes em cooler. Nice way to make "aliens" come together

100% fair trade Sóy

youtu.be/WemG0jp1jRY

If you mean the behemoth makes sense, something thet size would never walk on those stick legs...

>implying its body isnt filled with helium

the less the better, pic related and the annihilation entity (kaleidoscopic color, not the dancing dude) were good designs
also no fucking tentacles

Attached: TheRitual.jpg (1920x1078, 256K)

>How much biological sense do you like your monsters to have?
Depends, is it magical, bioengineered or naturally occurring

Attached: 1562043872126.jpg (600x600, 37K)

why is his screaming so bad

Its got things coming out of its butt.

I still prefer the book ending, even in all it's futility, it still felt open ended

If it looks cool and leaves a lasting impression, that's all that matters. Don't care how much "sense" your creature makes if it is wholly unremarkable and unmemorable.

I don't even remember how the short story ended. It was good, but nothing memorable. The ending of the movie is probably one of the most memorable endings there are

Say what you want about King as an author, but he has some really good short stories

after they encounter the big thing in OP's pic, the rest of the story is told as David leaving a note in a gas station they come across, and they are going to keep travelling until they find somewhere safe, even if it may never come
David also mentions thinking he heard the name of a city briefly over the static on the radio, but he was driving at night and everyone else in the car was asleep, so he could have just imagined it while sleepy driving

it's a lot more ambiguous, and still potentially a bad end for all characters involved, but there was a small shred of hope
I was shocked when I saw the final scene in the movie, and I was actually kind of going along with it as a really grim alternative ending, until the army just rolls through, and they are just torching some dumb bush looking things with flamethrowers
the book made it feel like all of America (maybe even the world) was getting fucked by this, but the ending to the movie makes the threat seem really shit and underwhelming in retrospect

jews confirmed based and pedo

Attached: repeating digits.jpg (634x819, 49K)

Sure but it's better than no one funding it, besides I don't think it's the majority, maybe 30% of them.