How come capeshit is so successful but live-action anime isn't?

How come capeshit is so successful but live-action anime isn't?

Attached: ce02b31511b5dcd2ab9ba74bbb53f185.png (1893x2353, 3.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Tintin_(film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Name (5) good ones

because anime is a medium that can't be translated irl

GOD why are anime whores so fucking hot?

because non one has tried live BRAPtion anime yet

I hope live action anime never succeeds to keep western normalfags, feminists and SJW out of ruining anime. They have already ruined Sony showing that even Japan is NOT safe of their tyranny anymore.

Attached: 1517757935497.jpg (726x1000, 119K)

Because anime is cringe incarnate.

Recommend one

Because various tropes used don't translate well to live action as well as to western audiences. Pic related.

Attached: 1519237044396.gif (500x278, 1.9M)

it's universally accepted that edge of tomorrow is the only good live action manga adaptation

I used to believe that but now I think live action director just aren't willing/capable to put it the effort necessary for it to work

Jim Carrey's eye closeup in the vending machine scene from Me, myself and Irene works great and it's anime as fuck

It may be doable but it's extremely difficult and more often than not they just fuck it up or miss the point.

No woman in the world could pull this off anywhere near as well as the animation does.

Attached: 1525941497877.webm (960x408, 2.94M)

Because anime babes are too plastic and you can't imagine them having the hot fragrances and warmth that real women have.

I enjoy watching Anime but it’s legit shit. Even what most would call masterpiece of Japanese animation rarely matches to the best of American movies/television.

Make it live action with shit Japanese actor and you might as well watch cringe comps.

Anime does the strong female character better than shitty SJWs do

>I enjoy watching Anime but it’s legit shit
Based fellow ironic weeb, fuck anime bro amirite?

The Matrix is literally a live-action anime and it was the highest grossing R rated film of all-time before Passion of the Christ and Deadpool overtook it.
The Matrix was pitched by the Wachowski trannies to the studios as "ghost in the shell, but for real." And their adaptation of Speed Racer was great.

As for all other live action anime, it might have something to do with the fact that anime just sucks.

And cuter too.

Attached: 1527024123586.webm (604x340, 2.92M)

The problem is that you end up combining the weaknesses of both genres. You get the limitations of building sets, costumes, camera movement, scope and spectacle of live action. You also get the cringe-inducing dialogue, juvenile characterization, and general autism of anime.

Facts

because anime is nothing more than a stylized Cartoon, it works in 2D, fuck they have problems doing in 3D CGI, live action just gets too silly

Attached: 38569ba917.jpg (620x398, 61K)

>tfw no big titty ninja girlfriend to rape and mindbreak until she becomes a submissive cock-slave

WHY IS REALITY SO FUCKING SHIT

Attached: blade runner.webm (1920x1080, 1.69M)

All of these answers are fucking retarded and posted by legitimate shit for brains who honestly think capeshit is good. The true reason is because they havent attempted the kid market which is where modern succesful capeshit broke through.

They attempted the kid market with the Pokemon movie. The problem with any adaptation is that by the time you've done it the audience that appreciated the original are already too old.

Attached: Shut Up Virgin.png (541x609, 459K)

because there's always some wierdness in anime, i'm guessing its a cultural thing.
this wierdness appeals to weebs but doestn't translate to film.
They should just take some of the ideas of anime and make an actual movie instead of trying to adapt it.
this of course upsets the weebs so its really hard to pull off.

Detective Pikachu is more of a videogame adaptation if anything

>we need an actress with perfect, massive, natural tits, but she still needs to have that 12 year old rape victim vibe

maybe this is another reason why it doesn't work.

Because anime has stories for teenage boys

Is this board overrun by roasties or something?

There are a fair number for other demographics.

Attached: 1402093458386.jpg (800x600, 115K)

>t. female pedestal placing, anime pillow hugging, keyboard incrusted incel weeb

have sex.

The popular ones like attack on titan, DBZ, Naruto etc are for teenagers
Obscure ones won't be adapted

This desu~

>All you need is kill
>Battle Royal
>City Hunter (with Jacky Chan)
>Ricki-Oh (the dub version)
>Termae Romae
Appreciared the Bleach Live action.
The rest are trash ass tier movies.

Also Old boy (the nippon version)

Because when you take anime out of the anime, its no longer anime. Its just a regular movie, except more strange and dramatic.

>real women have
My wallet has recoiled in horror.

because 3DPD can never come close to the perfection that is 2D

Attached: file.png (432x512, 284K)

Because anime tries to be more cerebral than american comic books usually do.
Adapting Ghost in The Shell is harder than adapting Captain America because the ideas are more complicated.
I still watch some capeshit

Based Jimbo will save us.

Attached: puffalita.jpg (638x616, 24K)

>more cerebral
>moeshit exists

>global media is controlled by Amerimutts
>capeshit is popular in muttland
>thus only capeshit gets adapted and becomes popular

Come on, this isn't hard people. It's the same reason why you aren't seeing European comics being adapted to film.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Tintin_(film)

It's rare but the most well-known properties always get something.

>It's the same reason why you aren't seeing European comics being adapted to film.

More like because most European comics are shit.
Valerian was given a MASSIVE budget and still couldn't produce something people actually wanted to see.

>big tiddy ninja
>breast expansion
>boob envy
is this the pinnacle of anime?

Because anime has soul and is made under gruelling conditions not for profit, but for the artistry (at least from the perspective of the animators)
Capeshit is just soulless hollywood blockbuster drivel that subhumans like to watch because of big boom and flashy lights

I'm still waiting on that Metal Gear Rising Taimanin Asagi game.

Attached: __igawa_asagi_igawa_sakura_and_yatsu_murasaki_taimanin_series_and_taimanin_asagi_drawn_by_kagami_hir (1000x1200, 200K)

>Because anime has soul and is made under gruelling conditions not for profit, but for the artistry (at least from the perspective of the animators)
implying moeshit isn't meant to sell to horny lonely weebs

Anime is too sincere for corrupt soulless western audiences.

Attached: 0095AB45-F34B-4AE7-B73B-B18670D6BBC8.jpg (2500x1402, 1.17M)

Doesn't mean the animators aren't more than happy to pour their everything into animating it, at least ones who work at studios like Dogakobo or Kyoto Animation

>haha citizen kane can't be good because adam sandler exists
Consider

nobody is trying to make movies out of moeshit
Lain is more complicated than the average batman comic

I only read nukige!!!!

Because every western adaptation of anime is a soulless cash grab that has no respect for the source material. The only exception of recent is Edge of Tomorrow, which is based off a book.

Hollywood should be making a Fate/Prototype movie, that appeals to western girls and fans of the original, without scaring off normalfags with genderbent King Arthur. I'm still baffled that Fullmetal Alchemist hasn't gotten an western adaptation, considering it's based in a mostly westernized world.

I honestly can't imagine how a JoJo live action movie would play out

>I'm still baffled that Fullmetal Alchemist hasn't gotten an western adaptation, considering it's based in a mostly westernized world.
it's got a netflix movie lol

Saw the part 4 live action movie, it was better than I expected. Which, admittedly wasn't much but hey you take what you can get

Attached: part 4 live action.jpg (1000x1414, 655K)

tell me on good live action anime film. there's you're reason more people are not interested in making them.

Yeah the Japsn know how to make over the top action movies but what about the previous parts which are western-focused? I can't imagine Hollywood adapting them without butchering them. Imagine how would they handle the Pillar-men introduction?

I really HOPE that they still make the sequel on that.
Watching Takashi Miike take on Yoshikage Kira will be uber kino.

Attached: 220px-Lesson_of_the_Evil.jpg (220x330, 15K)

Live action when?

Attached: bx100723-rrwRMwyc0lQ1.jpg (460x690, 184K)

Frog girl still best girl