>but he forced her to do it from behind so TECHNICALLY he raped her
is this show fucking serious?

Attached: latest[1].jpg (400x500, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BnFjSHQFVkA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Top tier wife right there.

>is this show fucking serious?
no. she is the one contradicting her own story. it's called a character arc.

no

this

literally, no one said that (but you of course because you're probably some /r9k/ fag for whom the idea of rape accusation is more disturbing than the rape itself)

So what exactly was that demon thing that Farrouk banished? Past version of himself?

>literally, no one said that
that's literally what the show implied

>he turned me around and took me from behind
>I loved david, but then he turned me around and took me from behind (ie raped me)

fucking brainlet

one of the time demons.

>watches a show into third season without understanding that mentally ill characters can be self-deceptive
wew

Attached: 5CrDmp9.jpg (384x512, 113K)

that would be fine if it were isolated to one character, but everyone is going along with her

Wew, glad I just dropped this at the end of s1

>scene where she is talking to herself
>everyone

I'm referring to how season 2 ended. And her whole reason for trying to kill david in season 3. Please cool your autism.

You’re all wrong. Farouk brainwashed her in season 2 and ever since she’s been acting irrationally. Basically everyone except David is being irrational against their will. The hypocrisy on David’s side is, that he’s doing the same thing now to others... Pretty cool relationship he has with Farouk. He’s technically his father the most. More than Charles could ever be.

I literally don't remember this. I'm 99% sure that this was supposed to show an awful mistake she made cus it ruined her life, her mom's life, and her mom's boy toy life.

you are so confused

it didn't play out that way. It played out as if Syd was telling her younger self that what she did wasn't wrong. It changed from the guilt she used to have about it, to feeling like she got assaulted. There was no remorse, just that she felt violated because the boyfriend turned her around and pushed her face onto the wet glass

I'm starting to think you are. How about you discuss shit instead of just saying "you're wrong and confused"

THIS!
>that's literally what the show implied.
No.SHe literally said she thought it we be NOT to be treated in anything other than a loving manner.
It was her first time ,she was caught off guard.

Jesus Christ, you fucking Brainless mess of a human being, how can you be so bad at interpreting whatever happens in the show?

This dialogue was about differentiating sex for love and for power. It doesn't necessarily mean the guy in the shower raped her. Older Syd just using an analogy. Unless you're so paranoid that you believe Noah Hawley is a puritan who want sex with no eye contact.

Then again, you strike me as someone who's so fucking afraid of being ridiculed in tv or film that he sees personal attacks everywhere. You're Brie Larson of incels.

so when she compares it to david's "rape," that's not equating the two?

Now that's what I call a mistake.

Also, why post here if you don't watch the show m8?

what? You realize they were trying to get him because he's supposedly ending the world. The rape was only the thing that challenges his own image of himself as a Jesus.

But you seem to confuse two different events. Syd wasn't raped under the shower and no character is "going with it"
Syd WAS raped by David.

someone reviewing the episode
>Because it more or less allows Syd to accept her teenage self’s experience of sex as a sexual assault, and treat it as equivalent to her own abuse. Which are not the same thing, not remotely—what teenage Syd did to her mother (and her mother’s boyfriend) was the assault, not the act that the boyfriend obviously assumed was consensual sex with his very much adult girlfriend. Before, it seemed like Syd had lived with the guilt of her actions, so we understood she accepted responsibility. But here, she gives her young self a pass and allows her to brush it off with a “you were just a kid” excuse, which is disingenuous, both because her younger self presumably is dealing with the exact guilt Syd did, and because she knows all too well what that kind of violation feels like, and should be appropriately serious about it now.
he's pretty much saying the same thing I am. So how could we be getting it this wrong?

No, man, it's not. Come on. She's obviously trying to make her younger self accept what happened in the shower by comparing it to her much worse experiences. But the show doesn't imply that she was raped indeed.

>But you seem to confuse two different events. Syd wasn't raped under the shower and no character is "going with it"
>Syd WAS raped by David.
the show is confusing the two. I get that syd wasn't raped under the shower, but she's implying that she was. The guy was just having sex with his girlfriend, Syd was saying it was a power thing, and then goes on to say that david "turned her around and took her from behind." She's saying the two are pretty much the same. So if she considers what david did to her as rape, then the boyfriend "assaulted" her as well. That's how the scene played out to me.

When I said characters were going with it, I'm referring prior to this.

>the show is confusing the two.
this is pure autism

thank you for the discussion.

it's not a discussion. it's you not understanding what you watched and then people explaining it to you and you closing your eyes and shaking your face and reeeeing

>the show is confusing the two.

But it's not. It's only Syd. As you said yourself.

I'm giving the showrunners the benefit of doubt, but increasingly believe they just fucked up massively and ended up doing a reverse breaking bad.

you're aware that in the comics, David is a villain, right?

What did David really do to her tho?

Based either way you view it.

he removed farouk's influence over her and if I remember removed some memories when she started to fall out of love with him...and then had mind sex with her.

Wiped her mind and "changed" it so that she's...
youtube.com/watch?v=BnFjSHQFVkA

according to this thread there's only one way to view it.

I am aware, but the show is not the comics, and if it's setting him up as a villain, it's doing a poor job.

That's why I said a "reverse breaking bad": BB is a show that frames a bad guy's actions sympathetically, so we end up hating Skylar for "being a bitch" even though she's sincerely terrified of Walter running a drug cartel operation. Here, we're supposed to see David as the villain, but he's been doing nothing but act reactively and try to save the world, while Division 3 keeps trying to kill him. His acts of evil pale in comparison to what is inflicted on him.

Thanks,bruhs.
You guys have to share that (you),times are tough on my end.

Male and female rapists alike are based as long as they are sexy.

>Here, we're supposed to see David as the villain, but he's been doing nothing but act reactively and try to save the world
you haven't understood what's been happening since season 1. he was always going to turn into "the villain" and he already is one. he leads a cult where he controls people and keeps them as sex slaves. he's always been insane and can't really determine right from wrong.

The thing is that "David is gonna end the world" thing is a self fulfilling prophecy. He wasn't the most stable guy in the first place, but as his former friends try to kill him and as he tries to prove to himself that he's the good guy he keeps deteriorating into the villain he's ultimately meant to be.

>Syd WAS raped by David.
Redditspacing suits you, retard.

Syd and the Division exacerbated the situation but it's besides the point because a lot of these people and places are just in David's mind

The Time “Demons” are Spineless Ones from the Mojoverse, aren’t they? I’m fucking terrified.

>since season 1

David did literally nothing wrong in season 1, in fact, in the end he ended up brokering a more favorable outcome because of his empathy towards Christine's brother.

In season 2, the worst thing he does is torture Oliver under the assumption that it was Farouk, who had just killed his sister.

Yes, he is bad now, but he's still not as bad as Div 3, and the plot could be summed up as "unstable guy pushed over the edge by terrible people".

Quite possibly a Spineless One. Bad, bad, bad fucking news. They were peaceful and sane. Once.

David gave Syd “some of the blue stuff,” and threw her in with the “others.”

I like that fighting girl.
I DON"T CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THAT!

amzn rip of chapter 23 is up :)
also this show is weirdly boringly satisfying with it's filler episodes, like the last one. we didn't know what was up in the beginning but then we knew that it was a story of how davids mom and dad met. i tought it was a cool way of doing that and if showmakers gotta do a filler episode to tell backstory that's the way of doing it.
also yeah not technically a filler episode since david said hes gotta go back in time to see how it happenedbut since he really didn't do anything there and the whole point of the episode was to show how farouk got in the baby so technically it was a filler episode.

YOu know that his dad is Professor X,right?
They showed him building a cerebro prototype,that's how he Farouk(sp?)
ALso,his mommy a sweetheart!

not before the show but everyone calling him charles and hes being telepathic rang some bells, even though i've mostly erased everything x-men related from my head.

Didn't notice them calling him Charles.
ALso,me looking up David on Wikipedia a few time I should have figured it out sooner.

Isn't Farrouk in control of everyone but David and his followers?

It hasn't been explicitly shown.

What does this have to do with having super powers and saving the world?

those are secondary issues to rape of a woman.