Attached: 16mld.webm (1280x720, 1.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NiwqRSCWw2g
outline.com/zqwBM5
youtube.com/watch?v=Raf9bVk75s8
youtube.com/watch?v=yUioIn8rPPM
youtube.com/watch?v=kLQ6SRH90s4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The most soulless shit I've ever seen. They just went through the motions. Nobody wanted this but the executives. Praying this flops.

Soul/Soulless is a meme in all regards.

But this... this is truely soulless.

not bad for 1995 3D

It's even worse with audio.

Imagine going on Yea Forums to shit on children's film. Pathetic

the rest of the scene is indistinguishable from this clip looping like 4 times

Most retards dont care how soulless it is they will just think "cool Lion King but CGI!!!"

Jesus, this looks like some sort of straight-to-vhs trash from 25 years ago.

Lion Tale

Have sex and get AIDS

I hope it flops too, but bro... Aladdin made nearly a billion.

Is Simba holding in a sneeze?

I personally blame Nolan's Batman for starting the muh realism fad that STILL hasn't died off.

Shill harder

JESUS CHRIST GET IN THE CAR!

I fucking hate Disney

>”I blame good thing for bad thing.”
Every time.

It's too boring to be a kids movie.

From poos. The Lion King remake is too boring to make that much money.

It's not gonna flop, you already know what proles are like

>From poos. The Lion King remake is too boring to make that much money.

Aladdin made over $330M in the US. It's still pulling over $1M a day in the US. It's successful in the US.

It also had a ridiculous 94% audience liked it score, even with critics pointing out how soulless it was

The entire movie is like an annoying insurance commercial that went on way too long, complete with horrifically out of place gimmick celebrity voice acting badly synced to lip flaps.

Attached: 6A558C86-A8AF-487F-B58A-585E2D17A9E1.jpg (269x211, 11K)

It looks like fucking arse. The stylized caricatures of the original film are much better representations. I dont think the executives know what anthropomorphic means or don't really care to use it as a storytelling device. Either way, the casual cinemagoer will see it and be somehow enthralled by the realism and forget about it upon exiting the theatre. I'm actually confused at the direction the studio decided to go with this, no doubt they went through countless focus groups to engineer this product

Lol

Attached: Screenshot_20190716-225028_Firefox.jpg (1080x497, 176K)

It's literally a fucking lion singing. Is Favreau retarded?

Antropomorphic actually means Europamorphic. Because no other race but white people can actually display the full range of "human emotions". Especially not the n-words, who the lions are meant to represent in this movie (All main lions are voiced by black actors).

Note how in the original, the lions obviously have white people faces.

Attached: the-lion-king-1.jpg (1920x1080, 116K)

That takes me back.

Attached: DSFARGEG.jpg (597x392, 29K)

Is he one of the chosen people?

Is it confirmed lion king is in africa? Do other countries have lions?

lions used to be found from africa through the asian steppe and india i think. there's still a small pocket of them in india maybe?

you are saying a billion people in india saw it? you think movie tickets are $20 over there? that's a months salary

Simba is like it's fucking tired of the song and just roll its eyes while blabbling the lyrics, top kek

I do miss the times.

Attached: JESUS_CHRIST_IT__S_A_LION_by_Verdot.png (680x454, 102K)

Shouldn't they have cast African actors for those roles, instead of Beyonce,Glover et al?
A little diversity, please.

Aladdin actually has a lot of soul. It's a fun and colorful movie.

it was terrible in jungle book and it is terrible now

There are lions in the mountains, dumbass

Can this please flop.

RATTAMAHATTA?
youtube.com/watch?v=NiwqRSCWw2g

Did they not storyboard this? It's literally just a camera following them as they walk.
Couldn't they have them walk with a waterfall as a background then a forest or maybe beside a cliff while changing camera angles? The camera movements and angles here look like it was made with the Warcraft 3 World Editor.

i thought that warthog was going to get eaten. what a shit video OP

Imagination is so 90s or even 70s, goym

Nolan didn't do shit. He had a vision and plebs tried to ape it. This movie isn't about that though. All of the live-action remakes are basically anti-cartoons or subversion of them, it was always bound to look like this.

>Nolan batman
>good
Only batman begins

What do you think?
>“Portman crafts a tale of loss, memory, life and death, juxtaposed with the astringent triumph of an oppressed people over the forces that would destroy them,” Christopher Llewellyn Reed, chair/professor in the film and moving image program at Stevenson University, wrote in his review for popular website “Hammer & Nail.” The local film critic is a regular speaker at cinema events through various area Jewish organizations such as the Baltimore Jewish Film Festival.
outline.com/zqwBM5

>realism and live action are the same thing

Stupid post.

Has anyone wasted their money on actually gone to see this? Can they say what the other iconic scenes are like?
Im especially curious about "Cant Wait to be King" and "Remember who you are"
And does Timon still dress in drag and do the hula?

What is Simba's face trying to convey?

Attached: 1533100381947.webm (480x480, 2.83M)

Attached: image.jpg (635x476, 68K)

>lion king but live action
Ftfy

nooooooooooooooo

I just want to peek the soundtrack desu

youtube.com/watch?v=Raf9bVk75s8

>Autotuna Matata

>tfw seeing this garbage this weekend as a family obligation
I have no positive expectations with how drowned out the colors look.

why oh why didn't they go for an Aslan aesthetic? he's made to look realistic too but he conveys way more emotion than a real lion would

Attached: Aslan2005.jpg (391x255, 16K)

Pretty impressive that they got most of that in one shot

youtube.com/watch?v=yUioIn8rPPM
Seth Rogen's the weakest link here.

There used to be Lions in the balkan tho. But there are a lot of other animals in the movie that never lived in europe

the soulless meme just writes itself at time

trips of truth

i would have thought they could just touch up his look and use that model instead. But i guess since they don't own the narnia brand anymore they can't

Zazu mentions Africa when talking to simba

Attached: 1562634663159.gif (295x207, 567K)

Children are up to age 33 now so

Fuck me, it's just so predictable. It's so tiring.

that's fucking grim

Did they forget that animals don't express themselves the way humans do when they conceived of this?

it doesn't matter bro look how realistic it ilooks! I took my girl to see it twice

oh god...

Attached: 1485097884153.jpg (227x220, 25K)

Got this with sound?

>girlfriend loves the lion king
>I'm taking her to see it Friday
bros I'm sorry
I bet I wont even get laid after this trainwreck

This movie is too black to fail. It will make a billion easy.

Why did they give the meercat a gay lisp?

I fucking hated that, they literally made him an indisputable flaming flamboyant faggot, I don't remember that from the cartoon movie...

literally no one cares, it will make money regardless and 2 extra tickets aren't going to mean anything.
Just go and try to do something else to make it a good outing.

Also if you aren't having sex daily you need to find a better girlfriend.

>expecting humans to be able to relate to some uncanny valley talking animals who don't emote through facial expressions

Its like disney forgot why animated movies work....

>Oh now he's riffing this is a nightmare

That part was actually pretty funny.

>go for realism
>looks fake as fuck

You're spending your time here with us spewing shit so by your own logic you're the saddest thing here. Something to think about.

>children
this shit is for nostalgiafags dumbass

I'm watching the circle of life scene then walking out

Can't wait to see how Be Prepared got butchered

it's apparently a lot shorter

Attached: Simba.gif (263x212, 838K)

niggers

Why does this look so much shittier than Jungle Book?

youtube.com/watch?v=kLQ6SRH90s4

its real bad

I've got bad news for you about Nathan Lane if you don't think his voice was gay

It's shorter but sang in a more sinister and unhinged way, since this movie's Scar is far more obsessed with his destiny and birthright.

Nathan Lane at least is mostly just flamboyant and actually has talent. From what little I've seen of Billy Eichner he's an annoying faggot who falls back on his sexuality as a substitute for humour.

This can't be real... the scene where mufasa dies?

being gay and willfully/purposefully sounding gay for no reason are two different things.

>When Lane told his mother at age 21 that he was gay, she told him "I would rather you were dead", to which he replied, "I knew you'd understand".
lmao

Heem sleepy

Why is the main cast all black though? Last I checked in the original it was never about racial profiling and more just about who was the most talented for the job. I mean they couldn't even get Whoopi Goldberg back for fuck sake.

well he did crossdress and shake his ass at the hyenas but it was under duress

>real animals don't have enough facial expressions to carry a whimsical musical number
How did not one of the people attached to this film point that out

>Antropomorphic actually means Europamorphic. Because no other race but white people can actually display the full range of "human emotions".
imagine being retarded enough to believe this

Yikes

In the US?

They probably did and were told "no, go for realism no matter what. Facial expressions aren't realistic."
Basically, Jon Favreau wanted to get high off his own farts

yet it worked well in jungle book, how did that film work so great and this one do so bad?

Lions had a wide range as far north as Germany

because jungle book had an actor on it, able to provide emotions in an otherwise souless CGI world.
lion king only has CGI, which CAN have soul if you take the trouble to give animals anthropomorphic facial features, or at least hint them. Jungle book also did this. I have no idea what happened here, all animals look exactly like they do irl, therefore suspension of disbelief fuckin dies every time they speak.

It's the best fucking reimagining. Chiwetel sells his character better than any other actor barring James Earl Jones abd

Used be to Lions in Europe till the Romans killed and fucked them all.

It's set in Africa therefore everyone must be black even though you can't actually see them

>Chiwetel Eijifor
>Chadwick Boseman
>Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
>Mahershala Ali
I fucking swear all of these black guys just run together for me. Nothing distinctive about any of them from a marketing perspective. They're all completely interchangeable.

Where else would you go?

Lions were Nordic

what xbox one game is this?

Why did they hire American voice actors instead of African ones? Wtf Disney

oh my god

that's not the issue, the issue is those are not real animals, they're blurry polygons...

>Nobody wanted this but the executives
Good way to put it. The original was a passion project by everyone. Truly poured their hearts into making art. This was factory output.

Fucking lmao.

That's just depressing to watch.

All the live action remakes are soulless factory outputs that nobody talks about after they've been released. I didn't even realise that Aladdin had come out yet and it got released almost two months ago.

>it got released almost two months ago.
I completely forgot about it in 2 months. Pathetic

off the top of my head they've done Aladdin, Maleficent, beauty and the beast, and Cinderella. Is that all?

Just looked up a list, there's also Christopher Robin that came out summer 2018 and Dumbo earlier this year.

I like how Pumba made the smallest splash

I think Disney is doing the math on population numbers with regard to the death of the middle class, fewer American children being born, and fewer English-speaking children..... and sales. Only they've got it ALL WRONG. They're now making movies that bore the shit out of kids and movies that adults will find just "meh" in a severely misguided attempt to make movies that are more suited for adult audiences but can still accommodate for children. You wind up with boring shit that NOBODY likes.

The Star Wars films are by far their highest grossing movies. These are adults going to the films and bringing their children with them. Pirates as well.

Most people are so strapped for cash these days that they are not going to take their children to the movies as frequently as they used to, IF they even have children. They're just going to wait for these films to be released to Netflix or whatever. If they're going to spend money to go see a movie, it's going to be something that appeals to both children and adults. Or so Disney thinks. They're WRONG.

This darker hyper-realistic Lion King is going to bore children to tears. They'll likely fall asleep in the theatre. Parents are going to be pissed. And Disney is making the SAME MISTAKE with the Mulan remake. That shit is going to bore children. Children don't like watching boring adult films about history. They want their cartoons and silly things.

Disney is so fucking stupid.

That's because he's a great fucking actor.

t. Chris Stuckmann

>Dumbo
lol
how could they do that?

>other countries

Especially with wild animals.

it looks so handicapped

Chadwick Boseman is the only one there that isn't distinctive in his own right, are you retarded.

Attached: 1560313966001.png (705x705, 212K)

why does that lion look so stiff?

Because it isn't a cartoon in the classic sense.