ITT: What the fuck were they thinking?

ITT: What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: 1556590610890.jpg (970x523, 28K)

It's a public "fuck you" to Martin

Quite literally a "hey Dabid wouldn't it be funny if we put in a 4th wall reference in the show?" moment and that's all there is to it. I'm baffled by how they resorted to filler scenes in the last episode in an 8 season series.

>write books intentionally different to LOTR
>ends exactly the same way
lel

>I'm baffled by how they resorted to filler scenes in the last episode in an 8 season series
My favorite is they took two years off to come back for a half season and obviously shit it out in two months.

He should've flipped to the back and said, "What the hell, it's not even finished?!"

They blew everything on an "Epig battle" that they couldn't even light properly.

Its GRRMS answer to Tolkien. This was the cameo George refused too

>lmao member when Tyrion was a meme quipster with no historical significance?

They weren't thinking. The finale council scene is indicative of the show as a whole. They wrote backward. They wanted something to happen, and no matter how little sense it makes, it happens anyway.

Tyrion isn't mentioned even though he's beyond pivotal
>B-BUT WE WANTED TO MAKE A FUNNY ABOUT HIM NOT BEING MENTIONED IN THE BOOK!
Why is Bron the master of coin?
>B-BUT WE WANTED BRON ON THE COUNCIL! I MEAN HE COOOULD BE GOOD AT MATH!

Attached: 1462166033982.png (640x480, 382K)

based retard

Oh i remember this shitty show

that shot was like a fart after taking the big ol shit which was season 7 and 8

>what unites people? Stories

>*Stannis

the death charge of the dothraki into the walkers. What was the fucking plan here? And the dothraki had no problem with it?

What the fuck does that even mean? Is it a message to the fans of the show?

>Dothraki are clearly shown getting entirely wiped out
>Show up again at King's Landing
They just stopped giving a fuck

>and that was truly, a Game of Thrones
>*freeze frame*
>*roll credits*

What was Cersei's plan exactly? She knew either the dead or the living would win but did nothing at all to prepare for the dead, like she could have loaded the city with wildfire, and that could've worked for both of them. If the dead came, she could blow them all up in the city, if the living won, she could hold the city hostage and force a surrender or a pyrrhic victory.

She put all the scorpions along the walls in a straight line basically, instead of spreading them throughout the city which would have made them harder to take out and force Dany to take collateral damage

And what she had euron wait around dragonstone for a month on the hopes he would get a lucky shot? How did she know Dany would even go to dragonstone or that she wouldn't expect the fleet to be there? Isn't a city a far more defensible position than a fleet against dragons like wouldnt she want to keep as many scorpions as she could in King's landing?

Attached: immahitu.jpg (704x528, 56K)

yes its like in those disney movies where the moral is that being together to watch something bring you closer

>GoT had a literal disney ending
Fuck's sake

That's literally basic pandering. You got the audience who didn't read the book yet know its based on one so all they have to get is the name and CHEER for recognizing it.