Is this the biggest jump the shark moment in television history?

Is this the biggest jump the shark moment in television history?

Attached: xtryk.png (635x393, 306K)

Other urls found in this thread:

popularmechanics.com/culture/tv/a2823/4260693/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

show jumped the shark by season 3. when the others went from scary inbred deliverance types to forest hippies on a magical island.

For me it was the best moment in tv history

I loved it. The real shark-jump was detonating an atomic bomb on a magical spot in a well, and that somehow making key cast members (even ones who were not present at that site) travel to the 70's and 40's.

Literally one of the greatest moments in television history wtf you talking about???

did u even watch the show?

I did.

Cate Blanchett fell down a hole on top of an atomic bomb, that had itself been pulled in my magical magnetism, and in her dying breaths she hit it with a rock and detonated it.

I don't doubt I might be misremembering things, but that was so stupid I don't feel bad for editing it out of my datastores.

No, it was the moment Lost fimally became absolute pure kino

Bomb wasn't pulled by anything it was buried there like 50 yrs ago. She does detonate it with a rock though but that doesn't send them back in time, they were already back in time to begin with.

>Cate Blanchett
Are you memeing or did you actually think she was in the show?

this

>send them back in time,
It send them to the future

When Fonzie jumped the shark in Happy Days

What difference would it make?

I liked the whole Dharma Initiative idea at first, but it just didn't pan out well in the long term.

THIS

never seen LOST just posting cause i can

You're missing out hun

the fuck you calling me a mongoloid for bitch i'll fight you

I’ve never watched Lost, what’s special about this moment?

Attached: new caprica - one year later.jpg (1920x1080, 303K)

Fat Apollo is in the top ten shark jumps for sure

Why didn't jack become the new man in black after going in the well like the original man in black did? Would have been a kino ending if it was Hurley as the good being and Jack as the evil spirit to continue the cycle

Because Jack wasn't evil?

Attached: fat lee (2).webm (900x506, 2.51M)

>She does detonate it with a rock though but that doesn't send them back in time, they were already back in time to begin with

I'm pretty sure early in the show they said they wouldn't do anything that wouldn't be unable to be explained by science. I gave them some leeway with other stuff because it was an entertaining ride but things like "island magic" and "jacob did it" really isn't a good explanation at all. There's much better ways they could've done something with it.

>show they said they wouldn't do anything that wouldn't be unable to be explained by science.
Going to need a source on that claim.

Truly the beginning of the end

wording this

source: his ass

>There's a lot of fan talk that any non-rational or fictional or magical explanation of the island's happenings is a completely unacceptable cop-out. So far, there are plausible scientific explanations for everything that's happening, so people have accepted what's going on. Does being called out by viewers (or the press) worry you?

>DL: Well, first off, I would challenge that assertion, and say, how does Yemi walking out of the jungle, the deceased brother of Eko, have a scientific explanation? I guess you would argue that he doesn't walk out of the jungle, that this is all sort of happening in Eko's head, that it's a hallucination. Would that be the case, is that...

>No, what I was thinking was the stuff that has been explained so far has a scientific explanation, whereas the other stuff, we're waiting, we don't really know.

>DL: Right.

>CC: I think the question kind of strikes right at the core of the central theme of the show, which is the notion of faith versus empiricism. Jack represents the empiricist camp, and Locke represents the faith camp, and, you know, who is right? Well, the show hasn't fully answered that question yet.

>DL: Hopefully it won't feel like it's a cop out when the show does answer that question, because we never promised a show that was based entirely and grounded in science. It's nice that it's able to do that, but we reserve the right to go in the direction that the uber-plan directs us.

I love it when people get mad over shit they made up themselves. Outright claiming everything in the show could be explained by science directly conflicts with one of the main themes of the show "science vs faith".

>popularmechanics.com/culture/tv/a2823/4260693/

>DL: We function on Jurassic Park rules, which are, if you can convince me that a mosquito can bite a dinosaur and then get preserved in amber, and that the DNA will not degrade over all that period of time, then you can show me a cloned dinosaur and I won't call it a science-fiction movie. And, you know, we try to do the same thing on the show. If something highly unlikely occurs, we try to offer up some grounding in the actual physical world that we understand in an effort to explain it—except in the case of things that don't potentially have a scientific explanation, which is where the show begins to go into its own territory.

This is earlier and I do enjoy lost, even when it did get a little kooky but there is no good explanation for the "atom bomb". It really is just lazy writing.

If you think blowing up an atom bomb is the same example of Eko hallucinating and seeing his brother then you're a moron.

Not great, not terrible.
The ending was the biggest pile of shit ever instead. EVER.