I just watched The Raid Redemption.
What did I think of it?

Attached: file.png (384x567, 563K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boxd.it/g2lc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

N

Best action movie of the decade?

At the very least, best fight scenes of the decade. Jackie Chan levels of stuntwork and creativity but more violent so that you feel every blow.

Recommend watching the sequel OP, it's longer and boring in parts but the fights are even better

You thought that you should watch The Raid 2, because that is a better movie. The writer/director made The Raid solely so he could get enough money to make Berandal.

This movie far exceeded your expectations. You enjoyed the choreography of the fight scenes and the subtle intricacies of the subtitled dialogue.

you really enjoyed it and now you want to see the second one.

*Lost interest in making The Raid 3 in your path*
What did he mean by this?

Attached: 220px-Gareth_Evans_2012_(cropped).jpg (220x321, 11K)

I like that you got all these chinks with Kung Fu moves and then there's this American fucking people shit up with chairs

This. The Raid 2 was written first, but they didn't have budget to make it. So they made The Raid: Redemption first.

Raid Redemption is good. Raid 2 is the pleb filter

It was kino. 2nd was amazing as well

You thought it was overrated chink shit

Hammer Girl is best girl.

The funny part is that people don't like The Raid 2 because it isn't the exact same movie as The Raid.

I thought 1 was better than 2. There, I said it.
I'm that guy.

You have no taste. Congratulations.

You probably like Die Hard 2.
>"How about Die Hard, but this time, it's in an airport!"
>snorts a line of coke

>the final boss is a little guy
>2v1 and he still beats them without an inch of their lives
Pure kino

But to me, Die Hard 2 is the Raid 2, even if it was what they originally wanted, it doesn't make it better.

You thought that it started out pretty strong but got worse as it went on, still a great movie

What are some others, action movie taking place in a big building Kino?

>But to me, Die Hard 2 is the Raid 2
If The Raid 2 was Die Hard 2, we wouldn't be complaining because you would have gotten your perfect retread sequel.
>even if it was what they originally wanted, it doesn't make it better.
That doesn't make sense and isn't a 1-to-1 comparison, unless you can prove that Die Hard in an Airport was the originally intended movie.

dredd

Dredd and thats about it

the entire movie takes place in a single building

Attached: dredd2012.jpg (799x1142, 271K)

Rama did say he's done at the end of Raid 2, I can't see where they'd take the plot. It's great as a duology.

Raid 2 is definitely better than 1, bigger scope, crazier action.

No, there are also some shots where they're going there on bikes
Dismissed

There's another good one (not as good as the Raid movies of course) that I watched recently, lots of the same actors too
Great fights, very gory shit
Anyone remember the name? It escapes me

But it isn't the exact same movie as The Raid, so it's worse. I expected all that crazy action to take place in an even bigger apartment complex. Fucking bullshit!

Attached: 1562792323204.jpg (680x380, 33K)

Found it, it wasn't that far back after all
boxd.it/g2lc

If that happened we wouldn't have seen kino scenes like the prison brawls and the car/restaurant scene, not to mention the club scene.

As opposed to The Raid where there are scenes of them going there by truck?

It was too boring. Asians are really good at choreographing action because they're quick little guys, but the narratives are thin.

oh fuck, you got me

I do appreciate that as well.

>but the narratives are thin.
That's because the movie was made to fund The Raid 2 (aka Berandal).

The guy who made both movies is Welsh, by the way.

It's a simple action movie, who gives a piss. It was well paced and the villain was fun to see.

There's an American in the first Raid movie beating people with chairs?

2 was garbage. the first was solely about the actual raid, with an entirety of like 5 minutes of dialogue. it was fucking amazing.

pleb FILTERED

>Watch a chink Kung Fu movie
>Complains about the dialogue
Why are you like this

lol

I forgot where i've read it but the original plan was to deviate into a completely different storyline about japanese yakuza during and post Raid 2 and their conflict with home office in Japan because they acted too brazenly and brought too much media attention to themselves.

Apostle was great though

>has amazing fights and narrative in your path

Attached: 00.jpg (1989x2947, 2.15M)

i

Muslim shit

>people in this thread actually think 2 was better
>they even think it's some sort of pleb filter

Not really. Apostle was all over the place, weak consistency and pacing.

keep your shite opinions to yourself.

but it is you fuck

>he thinks 1 was better because it came out first

Wuxia movies in general have a strong narrative.
They follow the traditional definition of epic, martial arts are merely a vessel.

Name one problem you have with 2 which wouldn't be fixed by you having a longer attention span. You cannot.

Now watch Headshot and The Night Comes For Us.

Attached: the-night-comes-for-us.jpg (1000x563, 671K)

Very kino feel tho

True, nice digits too.

how does Yea Forums rate john wick trilogy vs the raids?

I thought The Raid was boring. Too choreographed and the ending fights were far from realistic. Same problem with John Wick.

plebe detected

Low test cuck