Does Yea Forums do antennas? i get 26 channels

does Yea Forums do antennas? i get 26 channels

Attached: 3.jpg (1179x1252, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=9038e6f26e2465
hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/Comparing.html
lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-117-West-A.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I need to get one good enough to install in my attic like a real man. I want 90 mile range and shit, multidirectional without fiddling. I thought fractal magic was supposed to make it all easy now. Why are people still wrestling with big aerials?

you will never, ever, ever, get 90 miles in an attic. indoors at all cuts down your reception by 40-50%. even with an ourdoor big antenna mounted inside, youre looking at 50 miles at most, MAYBE. you would need an ourdoor mast antenna to achieve 90 miles under the absolute best of conditions

What antenna should I get?

How do you work this shit with a modern "smart tv"?

How is babby formed?

Is this better than Netflix in some way or something? I only watch youtube and go to redbox

the antenna you should get depends on what signals you receive. try tvfool.com and click the online maps, post that result or just take notice if it says uhf, vhf.

flat antennas are made for uhf, not vhf which you might have in your area (thats why the poles on some antennas). you need to get whats best for your area.

tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=9038e6f26e2465

this is what i got but idk what im looking at. i want vhf right?

actually it looks like i can get both vhf and uhf right? looks like uhf has more channels?

you have a great report with a few things saying vhf-hi, which you prob already pick up. you shouldn't have to do more than move around w/e antenna you have

but i don't have one. i'm asking which one i should buy

I get 57 channels with a 10 foot Yagi antenna. About half are in High Definition

picked one up at home depot
got a far range one because they werent much more expensive, mounted to roof, pointed to city, it just worked
not much research required

i will say though that if you plan on splitting the signal into multiple tvs it would be wise to get an amplifier because every time you split the signal strength halves

you can prob pick up better signal if you pay attention to things. it sounds like you did things right from the get-go

how do you interface with smart tv?

Its a shit load better for major sporting events, random shows, movies, news specials, ect. Decent indoor antennaes are dirt cheap and work good in major metropolitan areas so no reason not to have one. Even country bumpkins can usually get good reception with one.

Fuck, every single signal has the grey background

>how do you interface with smart tv?
Some smart TV's can pull program guides and info from aerial broadcasts, like samsung.

The good thing is these days most channels are on UHF and digital broadcasts are pretty strong so you don't always need a gigantic antenna. Channels are now from 7-36 so antennas don't need to have such a reception range anymore.
The only problem now is 5G, which is in the 600Mhz range and UHF antennas can sometimes pick up the signal causing dropouts, but a cheap line filter fixes it.

hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/Comparing.html

By plugging the antenna wire into the back panel of the tv where it says "antenna" lil zoomer.

TV reception OTA (Over The Air) is free and always will be free.
Don't get tricked by the cable or dish companies who want you to actually PAY for such channels.

Attached: 1558064461678.jpg (1800x2775, 371K)

I live in the US-Mexico border so I get both countries national channels and a shit ton of regional/local ones.
It's better than basic cable most of the time.

Attached: 1561771735454.jpg (600x600, 37K)

You should look into C-band Satellite TV. Shitload of mexican language channels.
lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-117-West-A.html

>6 channels
>tfw channlelet

Attached: 1515595304188.jpg (619x453, 28K)