As above so below

Surprisingly decent for a horror.

Attached: 819136782ea4494821d37f9009dd5edb1a36b1c4_hq.jpg (300x429, 25K)

Horror? For me it's more of an adventure exploration flick. Hardly a horror. Any more movies like this? Tombs and hidden catacombs underneath big cities..

It's also psychological to a degree but still a horror, at least the second half.
And I would like to know too, I can only think of one more but it's total shit.

>I can only think of one more but it's total shit.
Go on, name it. The only ones I know is that reboot of The Mummy or Indiana Jones Last Crusade but catacombs are just in few scenes. Catacombs are fucking creepy. They should be explored more. The fact that all these are underneth Rome, Paris or London is even creepier. People are walking, shopping, doing daily shits and are even unaware of the kingdom of the dead below their feet.

Attached: Luxe-Adventure-Traveler-Rome-Catacombs-of-Priscilla-2.jpg (750x563, 132K)

Attached: descent.jpg (1382x2048, 3.69M)

Creepy indeed.

>t. brainlet

>the creepy coven chanting when they enter the catacombs
>that part where the nigger gets stuck in a tunnel

Attached: D3pgGLSWwAEeywG.jpg (300x300, 13K)

I didnt get the chanting, did they cast a spell or some shit?

The movie is full on unexplained stuff so you can experience the same dread as heroes. Burning car, little kid. These are probably demons of their past but we don't know much. Also one of these cultist was the same girl they met in the club. The guy who suggested them to meet Papilon was the same guy from that burning car.

I watched this after watching The Borderlands. It goes without saying that I expected a completely different ending.

>The guy who suggested them to meet Papilon was the same guy from that burning car.
Shieeeeeet I didnt even notice. That's a nice touch.

Catacombs is a 100 times better than this flick.

It's a bit too slow burn for my liking.

>that awful trailer for Catacombs

Attached: 1467830985047.jpg (226x258, 9K)

>Go on, name it.
It's called The Pyramid but its dogshit.

2007 or 1988?

Attached: catacombs1988.jpg (553x753, 573K)

It's very deep and you only get it if you know Dante's Inferno.

>literal superwoman in the end

The real stone is the friends we made along the way?

>muh references!!!
No it's actually still shit, no matter how 'literary' it is.

This, it was such a fun experience to watch it even though it's supposed to be scary, I felt like it was more of a comfy adventure kino than anything, the qt gung ho protagonist really helps move the whole thing forward, pretty rewatchable too, good movie.

Movie unironically felt like Tomb Raider to me.

I'm mixed on this one. The sense of discovery and exploring the unknown is fantastic but I remember the main girl being incredibly annoying and the movie kinda shits the bed in the third act

I watched this the year it came out and I don't remember anything about it. Really forgettable movie to me, senpai.

i always throught they should have surfaced in a horrifying hellscape at the end of the movie right when they thought they were home free but come on guys its paris

Attached: 1426999770225.jpg (419x480, 81K)

saw this in theatres and it was one of the most boring, stupid movies i'd ever seen.

The Tunnel

ending made no sense, however final paris scene felt odd. like something was wrong with it

>open manhole and climb out
>looks like paris but all the people are brown

Attached: 1523824134040.png (249x249, 59K)

that's how demons/devils are portrayed in last judgment art

Attached: devils.jpg (600x348, 57K)

Haha what a nightmare, those crazy Hollywood weiters haha

haha just imagine

Attached: methode_times_prod_web_bin_306e088c-62fe-11e7-b6f8-8145f3f5d431.jpg (685x385, 65K)

Thought the first 3/4 of the movie was great but the final act really felt rushed and incoherent. The stone fake out felt very contrived (and pointless).

black sweetie, not brown

Attached: paris.webm (640x360, 2.18M)

bullshit that's brazil or somewhere like that

its literally paris user. haven't you been keeping up with the refugee crisis aka forward army?

most the blacks in Paris have been there for years, it isnt a recent thing

Attached: paris-pool-party.webm (576x320, 1.15M)