Why don't they make donald duck movies anymore? It's like the world's best selling comic

Why don't they make donald duck movies anymore? It's like the world's best selling comic

Attached: Tumblr_n6s3ajeLQO1qhcrb0o1_1280.jpg (889x678, 80K)

You can't gain any Twitter points from it so it's worthless to (((them)))

nobody buys comics

Live action remake
When?

there are new ducktales series with donal duck iirc.

they haven't made film shorts since the 60s I think

Duck comics are only popular in Europe.
Europeans never spend a worthwhile amount of money on media.
Disney-itself is only popular in SELECT regions of Europe and is absolutely HATED in other regions (the French picketed, protested, rioted and tried to sabotage the opening of Euro Disneyland because they hate Disney so much).

There isn't a large enough market to sell a big budget Donald Duck movie to. He's only popular in regions of Europe and that isn't enough to justify spending money to make something with so niche an appeal and minimal chance for profits.

Because he was never funny. Golden age disney characters were all boring compared to Looney Tunes. Daffy>Donald

frozen had some kind of short film and they make mickey mouse shorts for youtube if those count

They're just gonna replace him with Daffy.

thats right grandpa now take your medicine

Scandinavia, the Benelux and Italy absolutely LOVE the ducks, the national Donal duck magazine is the best selling magazine in at least the Netherlands and the Scandinavian countries. Besides that, the ducks are big in other euro counties such as Italy too. You have to realise that Donald Duck is not just somebody but arguably bigger than the biggest Marvel heroes are in the US in some European countries. It would definitely justify somewhat of a big budget.

Europeans are also extremely specific on HOW Donald and the Duck characters are portrayed and will vehemently reject ANY adaptation that strays from what they individually view as the "right" version of Donald Duck.

That's why DuckTales, despite featuring Duck characters and adapting Carl Barks/Don Rosa/Romao/Scarpa stories and characters, is tremendously unpopular with European audiences and neither incarnation has ever succeeded in Europe. It isn't "their" Donald.

So any attempt to try and create new Donald media will never find a European audience because those fans are hyper autistic on what counts as "real" Donald and what doesn't. They cannot be satisfied by anything outside their newsstand comics.

Donald's laugh and him freaking out always got me

i remember 80s donald comics being infinitely superior to marvel/dc ones
never understood why they gave him that ridiculous voice in tv. pretty sure that's what killed his chances of being big on film

Pleb

it does not, because as soon as you ge suits you will destroy it, the reason it is good is because Disney is. not. involved.

Disney just collects the paycheck and focuses on Marvel, unless you really want made by committee for mass appeal and can only get erections by seeing box office numbers rise, then i can understand that you would want Ducks to get the MCU treatment.

but you will also kill what you loved about it in the first place, also you know why those comics are also still good to this day? because the stock of writers/cartoonists do not hail from the current set of art houses in those countries, if that was the case nobody would still like them.

Attached: Paperinik_e_il_diabolico_vendicatore_1969.jpg (500x679, 79K)

damn straight, this user gets it.
only americans want donald duck to be modernized to the xtreme, à la QUACK PACK, or those new Mickey Cartoons that look more like ren & stimpy

Attached: hueydeweylouie-quackpack.jpg (975x600, 163K)

>You can't gain any Twitter points from it so it's worthless to (((them)))
This.

incel

>incel
This.

>tfw Portuguese, so I managed to ead scandinavian/italian Uncle Scrooge comics, Franco-Belgian BD comics, Italian Fumetti comics and American comics as a young man
Feels good

quack pack was fine imo. very different from most of the comic depictions but that's okay. it's just one of those very 90s kids shows.

>It isn't "their" Donald.
You're god damn right about that. But here is the thing, it's not "your" Donald either.
Carl Barks was American. He perfected the Ducks. The very same Ducks that morons like Frank Angones, and whoever was responsible for the original DuckTales series, are hellbent on ruining.

Attached: dobson_duck.png (147x165, 34K)

Heh

Attached: DWas4iwVoAAEaAw.jpg (1200x900, 293K)

Why don't they make sneed movies anymore? It's like the world's best selling feed and seed

Attached: 1549584382326.png (797x599, 654K)

Because his anger issues are highly problematic.

I FEEL LIKE QUACKING SO I THINK I WILLLLL

Attached: 1482153673777.jpg (756x1100, 248K)

do the new darker skinned Europeans have a love for donald duck?

Fake, he's not selling any peppers in that picture

I don't know but this should be Europe's new border policy.

Damn. You're right

>wanting a Donald Duck movie with current Disney
Do you really want them to butcher Duck Avenger or Scrooge's Life and Times?
What do euros think of the 3 caballeros show?

Fuck you.
The first even laugh I ever remember having from a cartoon was an episode when Donald went Fishing with Pluto. I was 6 and it was awesome

shit taste
Mickey is the only boring one

Cause looney toons won

He appear a lot in the new Mickey Mouse shorts.

Attached: mickey.jpg (1280x720, 203K)