Western thread

What are some must-watch Westerns? Literally all I've seen is the Dollars trilogy

Attached: the_good_the_bad_and_the_ugly_1-e1515097152629.jpg (1280x640, 115K)

Unforgiven
Tombstone
The Hateful 8
The Magnificent 7
The Ox Bow Incident

Unforgiven
Old True Grit

I haven't seen much either

I haven't seen as much as I would like, but Rio Bravo, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Unforgiven and The Treasure of the Sierra Madre are all standards

Sam Peckinpah, Anthony Mann, John Ford, Howard Hawks, Nicholas Ray, Sergio Corbucci, Budd Boetticher westerns.

Onve Upon A Time In The Wild West

If you want more Leone watch "Once Upon A Time In The West" and "Duck, You Sucker" they're as good or even better. There's also My Name Is Nobody which he directed some of but I haven't seen yet
Also "The Wild Bunch"

The Great Silence is definitely worth watching. It serves as a clever subversion of the genre, while still capturing what makes it so exciting and appealing in the first place.

The Searchers. It’s a goddam masterpiece.

Attached: 214524B4-E0CC-4E14-A07A-6757B0132646.png (1080x608, 341K)

>Ctrl + F "Stagecoach"
>0 results

What is wrong with you all?

Attached: 029.jpg (1200x1131, 253K)

> Deadwood
> Hell or high Water
> Three Burials
> Heavens Gate
>Ulzanas Raid
> McCabe and Mrs. Miller
> The Great Silence
> Django
> Lonely Are the Brave
> Death Rides A Horse
> Day of Anger
> No Name on the Bullet
> Day of the Outlaw
> The Lusty Men
> High Noon
> The Treasure of Sierra Madre
> Canyon Passage
> Ox-Bow Incident
> Vera Cruz
> Shane
> Johnny Guitar
> The Wind, 1928
> Frontier Marshal, 1939
> Blood on the Moon, 1948
> Yellow Sky, 1948
> The Gunfighter, 1950
> Sierra, 1950
> Way of a Gaucho, 1952
> Winchester ’73, 1950
> Woman They Almost Lynched, 1953
> Wichita, 1955
> Tennessee’s Partner, 1955
> The Naked Dawn, 1955
> Seven Men from Now, 1956
> Man from Del Rio, 1956
> Great Day in the Morning, 1956
> The Tall T, 1957
> Forty Guns, 1957
> Terror in a Texas Town, 1958
> The Last of the Fast Guns, 1958
> The Hanging Tree, 1959
> The Wonderful Country, 1959
> The Shooting, 1966
> Ride in the Whirlwind, 1966
> The Mercenary, 1968
> Cut-Throats Nine, 1972
> Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, 1973
> Jauja, 2014
> Millionaires Express, 1986
> Extreme Prejudice, 1987
> China 9, Liberty 37, 1978
> Let the Corpses Tan, 2017
> Meek's Cutoff, 2010
This is a good list some user posted.
Based. All John Ford westerns are worth watching.
>John Ford westerns

Attached: stiahnuť.jpg (627x325, 150K)

The Naked Spur

High Plains Drifter for an unexpectedly spooky western.

this list and ctrl + f and no BUTCH CASSIDY?

fuck you guys

"Spaghetti westerns" are so fucking overrated

>I haven't seen much either
>I haven't seen as much as I would like
Then don’t post, westernlets. Why would anyone care about your opinion?

That's a lot of suggestions, thanks anons
I guess I'll start with Unforgiven cause it's been suggested the most

You absolutely will not be disappointed. It’s an amazing film.

Sounds great. I'm also a bit overwhelmed though, I expected there to be like 5 suggestions at most. Fucking patricians on my Yea Forums
Saved the thread for later reference though

Great suggestion, mate. It’s also one of the funniest of the truly great westerns.

i beleave this is relevant

Attached: KMovieList.jpg (2827x2864, 908K)

RANGO

Once I get to True Grit, should I watch the original or remake? Or both?

Bone Tomahawk

true grit

Both

>/k/
>Antiquity
Didn't know they had guns back then. Based list though.

Watch the original, then sometime later watch the remake for contrast. They’re both good, but I’ll always prefer the original even if the remake’s closer to the source material.

Will do, thanks friendos

Attached: 1547854573173.webm (854x480, 1.07M)

Make sure to watch John Ford and Howard Hawks westerns. Especially Stagecoach, The Searchers and Rio Bravo. The Searchers is one of Scorsese's favourite films and John Ford is the best american director.

“Big Jake” for one of the greatest reversals in movie history and to hear the Duke deliver this line:

>Well since you never learned to respect your elders, it’s time you learned to respect your betters.

Don't worry bro, I noted your insistence that John Ford westerns are the best already

BASED Chad LAD RALPH did a KINO review of Once Upon a Time in the West like a right CHAD.

Attached: king_candy.jpg (900x507, 43K)

I was worried for a while, but now i'm not.
Just fucking kill yourself you piece of shit faggof. How many times are you going to post the same picture of that fucking cunt and write chad lad? You mentally handicapped cunt.

>I was worried for a while, but now i'm not.
kek

Attached: 1561578693971.webm (1000x1000, 1.7M)

You WILL find peace when you accept his Chaddish ladishship into your heart. You black cold heart will then become one that beats vigorously and will be filled with love. You'll have achieved a lot if you become one hundredth as BASED CHAD LAD Ralph.

I fucking hate you. You are the most annoying and autistic recognizable poster on this whole board.

>too autistic and dumb to realise I'm doing it to annoy you on purpose
We could have had some decent exchanges outside of the ralphposting shit. You don't happen to enjoy midgeposting threads, do you?

Am I the only one who didn't really like this at all? John Ford / John Wayne films (or traditional Westerns in general) just smack of grandad made-for-TV movies with bad acting, bad writing and none of the wit or creative flair of Spaghettis.

Unless someone can provide an example to the contrary.

I know that you are doing it on purpose. You even created a separate thread to annoy me even more. No, i don't enjoy it.
Probably. The Searchers definitely doesn't look like it's made for TV, the visuals and composition is great. John Wayne gives a fantastic performance, the acting is good given the time period. Spaghetti westerns are more stylish with zooms etc. but not better. Something like The Searchers is absolutely brilliantly directed. Notice when Ford uses the close-ups, notice the nuances and how much he is able to convey with simple gestures.

>No, i don't enjoy it.
Cause you're a miserable autist.

>the acting is good given the time period
It was released a year apart from Doctor Zhivago and Paths of Glory. The acting on those films simply cannot be compared to anything here.

I think my issue with this film is that everything is an archetype. The men are all tough, the old bitter and young foolhardy. The women are all pathetic and stilted, and hold the story back. Wayne's character is the only one with anything approaching nuance but that's because it's the only character Wayne does. Then again, the same can be said for Eastwood (Leone himself said Eastwood could do two types of acting, with and without a hat).

>that ending
>when we see the tombstone
>spooky music starts playing
>clint rides away, slowly fading away

goosebumps everytime. Absolute kino

Attached: 1553648284424.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

My gramps loved John Wayne kino. To this day I find John Ford movies comfy as fuck.
They're really corny, admittedly.
My favorite, quality-wise, is probably not a JF movie, but The Treasure of Sierra Madre.

Attached: treasure-of-sierra-madre-2.jpg (1200x600, 167K)

>Cause you're a miserable
Yes
>autist
No
I enjoy janny hate threads.
>The women are all pathetic and stilted, and hold the story back.
I disagree, the Vera Miles character is not that. She is tougher, she makes her own decision. She makes fun of Martin etc. she is not just a weak girl.
>Wayne's character is the only one with anything approaching nuance but that's because it's the only character Wayne does.
I disagree. This one is completely different to his character in Stagecoach. Ethan is quite complex, his hate and prejudice are quite interesting. I think Wayne is more versatile, he doesn't always play the same character.
The nuances i was talking about is for example the implication that Debbie is Ethan's daughter, it's just one shot and some character expressions but it's implied and it's done really well. Martin is also quite well developed in my opinion.

westward the women

I just watched Unforgiven and now I don't wanna watch the others because they're just glorifying terrible deeds
Thanks you dicks

For me, it's warwickposting threads. Love how increasingly elaborate and verbose the pastas about torturing and/or killing Warwick get.

unforgiven
wild bunch
il grande silencio
true grit
3.10 to yuma
the assassination of jesse james
treasure of sierra madre
high plains drifter
tombstone
trinity and the sequels
django (with franco nero, not than retarded tarantino shit)

discount RDR2, The Shootist

Does this make you happy, user:
>In a country I visited, the natives had assembled a dastardly fly trap out of a plastic bag and bait. Bloated with insects and the stench of rot, the bag dangled from a tree branch. Near the bottom, there was nothing more than black sludge, but as one's eye followed up, there were more defined fly corpses, a layer of squirming maggots, and finally, a layer of buzzing, live flies. As I pondered the life cycle of this trap, I began to smile, picturing Ralph Sepe as a maggot in this hellish ecosystem. First, I'd need to get a trash bag and bait it with a vintage Pulp Fiction poster to tempt him in. Maybe set up a ladder so he could reach it. Like all the flies drawn by sugar water, he'd fall in the sack and be unable to escape the one-way opening. Then, I'd wait. Naturally, the little sliver of a man would struggle at first, but the durability of my trash bag would thwart the punches from his drumstick-sized arms. After a few days, his feces and sweat from being left in the trap would draw in even more flies, and the real fun would begin. Left to starve, he would begin eating the buzzing swarm around him, which in turn, would be feasting on his shit and the corpses of previous generations of flies. Eventually, there would be too much even for his greedy little jaws, and he'd begin to sink in a layer of liquid filth. The layer of maggots sustained on that would probably start burrowing into his skin, while the buzzing storm of flies would torment him. Any screams from him would be quieted by a stray fly going down his gullet and choking him. Eventually, the midget would start to blend in with his surroundings, his skin stained black from the thousands of bodies, his flesh rotting away and his stocky but tiny chest becoming a home for more flies attracted to the pestilence in the bag. By eating from the pile of goop building up to his neck, he showed himself as the little maggot he is, writhing in and sustained by death.

Most westerns are good just because they are rugged yet comfy.
I alway put them on with netflix and chill, so i can finger bang with the gunfights.

Those are good too.
Yes it does, user. This is very good.

I'd love to kick Noah Schnapp in the testicles. Just take a few steps run up then catch him with the full force of my steel capped toe under his groin, send that little faggot staggering backwards through the air.

As he lies on the floor, coughing and wheezing and chocking on his own vomit, his scrotum a mangled mess of blood and pulp barely attached to the rest of his groin, I stand over him and laugh wickedly. He looks up at me in fear and pain, his eyes searching, begging me for mercy. He finds none. I raise my boot then stomp down, squashing his balls like overripe grapes and finally ending his pathetic lineage.

did you really not feel even an ounce of cringe typing out "westernlet" even ironically god die faggot

Attached: A Fistful of Dollars.jpg (2289x3250, 621K)

Attached: For a Few Dollars More.jpg (880x1256, 180K)

Attached: The Good the Bad and the Ugly Japanese.jpg (960x1369, 319K)

Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid is something slightly different western films, but still a great film.

Attached: dove.jpg (474x705, 85K)

*slightly different from other western films

Attached: Once Upon a Time in the West_04.jpg (2049x2925, 1.97M)

Attached: The Searchers (Japanese).jpg (1280x1822, 777K)

The most obvious ones have already been mentioned so here's a few that usually don't.
Duel in the Sun
Canyon Passage
Stars in My Crown
Way of a Gaucho
The Lusty Men
The Naked Dawn
Forty Guns
Day of the Outlaw
One-Eyed Jacks
The Shooting
Ride in the Whirlwind
Tiempo de morir