Movies you've seen numerous times that still have the same emotional impact everytime you watch it

Movies you've seen numerous times that still have the same emotional impact everytime you watch it

Attached: movies-on-the-road-9.jpg (220x324, 29K)

I like that it has a happy end. The boy was born into that world, and in the end, he got what he always wished for.

>but they were cannibals
No, they weren't. It's not in the book, it's not in the movie, it's complete fan fiction.

So they put a fetus on a spit for fun?

one quick look at wikipedia and you would know how stupid your post is

That movie made me cry like a bitch

I think the fact that they had children and a dog showed they weren't cannibals and had some access to food (potentially from a larger group).

I prefer the ending in the book desu, but the ending in the film was ok

Were you implying in your first post that the kid and his dad were cannibals? Because literally no one thinks that.

>I prefer the ending in the book desu, but the ending in the film was ok
weren't the endings identical?

>Because literally no one thinks that
A looot of people think that actually. See Just yesterday about three guys were defending it in a thread like it's the most obvious thing in the world. It's complete bullshit

No
in the book the kid ends up alone

What the fuck are you on about. That guy is talking about the group of strangers roasting a baby. Who are you saying people think are cannibals?

>After he dies, the boy stays with his body for three days. He is finally approached by a man carrying a shotgun, who has a wife and two children, a boy and a girl. He convinces the boy he is one of the "good guys", and after helping the boy wrap his father in blankets in the woods, takes him under his protection.

wiki says the ending is identical, that's how i remember it, also

the family at the end

Well the boy was saved by them but we never know what happened to him whether he was brought into the group or used for food. The man says he's a "good guy" which was the boys definition of someone who is not a cannibal. But we know they cannot grow any food in the world and the man and boy barely survive as long as they did scavenging what they could the only way a large group could survive in the world put to us is cannibalism.

all of that is basically fan fiction. nothing of it is implied at the ending.

It's not fan fiction nothing can grow. It's not fan fiction cannibalism is shown as the only way to survive.

I've never seen the movie. Is it set in UK like the books

Sorry, yes they are the same but the tone is very different and a lot more ambiguous in the book. It is heavily implied that he's afraid and unsure some people think he did as his father taught him and split on his own [spoiler/]

>cannibalism is shown as the only way to survive
where do you even take this from? the MC survives by scavenging. cannibalism is a rampant problem, but it's never said that it's the "only" way to survive.

It's also never said that absolutely nothing can grow absolutely anywhere. The nature of the catastrophy is never mentioned. If you're starting to interpret things and go through possibilites, why would it be impossible that things look better further south? Maybe there's still fields in Guatemala? Or underground facilities? They found a small prepper bunker, maybe the family found an even bigger bunker with small underground greenhouses?

>It's not fan fiction nothing can grow. It's not fan fiction cannibalism is shown as the only way to survive.
Except for the man and the boy surviving ten years without cannibalism at that point.

They barely manage to survive for 10 years and every group they run into are pretty much cannibals. The logical thought process is that the family at the end are cannibals.

You tell me not to fanfiction then start talking about underground greenhouses and fields in Guatemala? They find nothing throughout the whole book nothing has survived and nothing grows they never meet anyone who has "fresh" food or has heard about anything surviving. It's a fucking wasteland which has brought humans to the lowest point.

>You tell me not to fanfiction
I said if you're going down the path to overinterpret and basically create fanfiction, then there's a few other options.

If you don't overinterpret things, it's a family and they welcome the boy. They even keep a dog alive, they go through the work to keep it alive and don't eat it, because they love it. That's a clear sign that these are "good people". They see another child in that horrible world and go out of their way to help and protect that child, because that's what good people do. Help those that can't help themselves. All implications the ending has imply that those are good people.

Gunbuster

I think it's implied that all the trees are dead, a result of some kind of cosmic disaster (solar flare)

I cry every time. This movie tears me apart!

Attached: wsi-imageoptim-TheRoomPosterA.jpg (439x570, 33K)

that's just an assumption, the catastrophy is only described as "fire on the horizon"