This is my favourite movie. Is this a pleb or based opinion?

This is my favourite movie. Is this a pleb or based opinion?

Attached: 1C89CC8E-2B85-4D85-AD63-778867624771.jpg (435x679, 40K)

Based pleb opinion.

Interesting

based. gyllenhaal/gilroy keeno through and through.

Attached: 1396192256102.jpg (800x727, 86K)

Quite the synthesis indeed.

nightcrawler is a shitty redditbait flick

it's bad because it has a jewish lead.

A very good movie. Kind of the spiritual son of Falling Down. Both movies are set in LA and have a protagonist who starts out as an anti-hero and gets worse from there, moving into straight up villain territory.

My only problem with the movie is when he gets the stupid bright red Dodge Challenger. It's blatant product placement, and is so out of place that it yanks me out of the movie every time it comes into frame. Lou Bloom talks endlessly about professional practices, production values, business negotiation etc ... and then apparently buys the most stereotypical immature frat-boy car on the market. It's much less practical than the beaten up Honda (or whatever it was) that he started out in. Have you ever tried to pull a bulky item like a news camera out of the back seat of a coupe that only has two doors and needs the seat putting forward? How is this better than a van with sliding side doors or, even better, a freaking car that has four doors?

I think it's weird that it's your favorite movie, but it is a 9/10 minimum, yes.

plus as any driver, or in my case a cop, will tell you those things are terrible at high speeds and cant take a turn

useless in getting to the scene of a crime

not at all. it's one of my favorite movies of the 2000s. it would be weird if you considered it the "greatest movie of all time" or something like that, but favorite is different than greatest.

Lou probably just wanted it because like a lot of sociopaths he wanted iconic signifiers of status, wealth and taste. He needed a fast car and in his mind that car is sexy and cool and people get jealous of it.
It doesn't have to be a car though, it can be anything. Bundy seemed to genuinely desire a cozy domestic life, he was embarrassed by his less than wealthy and normal family. It was a kind of satisfying icon or status symbol to him. A lot of what I've read about men like this desire attaining a sort of ultimate iconic thing, whether it's an exciting car or a stepping into a ready made family that cares about you.

Pretty much everyone desires some iconic mark of taste or image but sociopathic people REALLY want their desired things badly. That could explain why Lou chose such an inappropriate car.

this decade would be referred to as the 2010s just fyi user.
ignore if you meant everything since the start of this century.

what cars are great at actually being fast and taking corners well?

depends on if you identify with the protag being an underachiever who comes out on top through lots of internet research

This is actually quite a good explanation. The car is incredibly inappropriate, and so is Lou Bloom.

Definitely based. It's in the same category as Kung Pow and Happy Gilmore for me - films that are a riot every time you rewatch them.

Formula one cars

Additionally, at the end of the film, Lou now has an actual crew and he has acquired two vans for them. Maybe he still has a sexy car for his own personal use but this demonstrates his continuing drive to expand his business and further his professionalism. He's learning and maturing at the end, even if its entirely intellectually because it's impossible for him emotionally.

One of the few good movies from this decade, hence why you'll be called pleb for liking it, a necessary step in Yea Forums's contrarian ways

a car for regular usage?

>have a protagonist who starts out as an anti-hero and gets worse from there, moving into straight up villain territory.
is this really true when Nightcrawler's opening scene is Lou stealing copper wire, then knocking a guy out and taking his watch?

no, Lou is never an anti hero.... only insomuch as someone else with little money or opportunity would see having to stoop to copper stealing as reflecting their life experience. he's poor at the start and not suited to society then completely circumvents and bypasses everything to start a non-typical lifestyle, one that's perfectly suited to his personality.

honestly, as much as i hate the subaru culture, if he wanted a good, fast, reliable car that also wouldve looked cool for the movie they couldve done an Impreza wrx or something

plenty of good looking, fast sedans

there's a subaru culture? what is it?

>who starts out as an anti-hero
Only an incel edgelord could hold this opinion.

the subaru tuner thing, general fast and the furious douchebags

vaping and hard parking

I thought Subaru culture was unironically dykes using Subarus in large numbers??