Both become popular by repeating well-established criticisms in a silly voice

>both become popular by repeating well-established criticisms in a silly voice
>both go through a period of 4-5 years or relative popularity and success as critics
>both attempt to make a movie which drains them creatively and is released to less than enthusiastic reviews
>long period of creative stagnation follows wherein the cynicism of each becomes more difficult to mask and the veneer of credibility both previously had wears thinner and thinner as their limited capabilities as critics and creators becomes more and more apparent.
Who had a worse fall from grace, and how can they recover?

Attached: 1519728695551.jpg (615x310, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q9D74m628gQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Grace? Grace died 15 years ago.

James. Because he had the money to create something truly special. But he wasted it all on 'muh filming in Hollywood like a real filmmaker'.

uh i'm gonna say the dude on the left because i've seen his face posted before and it makes me angry

AVGN is a character, Mike isn't. Unless he's a method actor.

>Mike isn't
Only in the sense that he's using his real name. He clearly has an on camera persona that he plays up.

Mike has aged more gracefully and still has his moments here and there.

>Mike has aged more gracefully
In what world is being a burned-out alcoholic aging gracefully?

There's a tragic beauty in what Mike has become.

James also has his moments, his Dracula show-off was as nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=q9D74m628gQ

His "on camera persona" has been consistent in the last 10 years. Last 15 years if you go back to the making of his first movie.

>His "on camera persona" has been consistent in the last 10 years
So has the nerd. What's your point?

thank goodness. that ugly fat bitch sucks

Attached: christmas.webm (1920x1080, 2.3M)

Attached: christmas2017_1.webm (1920x1080, 727K)

We're going to need a bigger oven.

stop obsessing over e-celebs

Attached: chicken.jpg (1654x919, 238K)

I only watch RLM for Mike. He's chill and funny and comes off as very real. Jay is a soiboy, and Rich is a WELL ACCCKKKSHYUAALLLYYY fedora tipping atheist mutant

Left: misogynistic manbaby who refused to watch the Ghostbusters remake because FEEEEEMALES IN MUH 80s NOSTALGIA REEEE

right: the most conservative (by extension, racist) redlettermedia cast member

fuck them both.

>Mike
>conservative
He seems like more of a "radical centrist" if anything, given his past defense of diversity and homosexuality.

Sucking at acting isn't an on camera persona.

>radical centrist
Someone post his literally racist comics.

You're thinking of Mike Mattei. Mike Stoklassa is just your average jaded Gen Xer who will express mild skepticism of the popular narrative but ultimately bow to it just to get along. For another example, see Trey Parker.

are you calling furry freak brothers and r crumb a LITERAL racist now to? the internet was a mistake

Attached: 98fo67tc8qs21.png (1341x753, 2.37M)

Mike literally demanded interracial gay sex in The Force Awakens.

Half in the Bag is a scripted comedy show, and Mike and Jay are playing characters. They're not reviewers and they don't review movies, they just riff on them. This should be absolutely obvious.

Maxorah

Heh.

>scripted
it's ad lib conversation edited together into something coherent in post, with some dumb skits at the beginning and end.

if you don't think talking about a movie for 20 minutes and then either recommending it or not recommending it counts as "reviewing", idk what to tell you

What a fag you are. I hope you get killed today

Attached: 1541203949231.png (2024x1029, 3.89M)

That doesn't disprove his racist comics user.

in 2019 Gilbert Shelton would be a literal racist according to this user.

what a time to be alive.

Attached: 1497074053556.jpg (875x1295, 257K)

Attached: 1549813661701.jpg (2934x1740, 3.52M)

that ones gonna burn all through next year

Attached: 1540713590805.jpg (1200x900, 216K)

Attached: 0ksmck62oej21.jpg (1080x810, 98K)

HE'S GONNA TAKE YOU BACK TO THE PAST
TO LET BLACK MEN FUCK HIS WIFE IN THE ASS

Will you say Mike killing himself was also part of the character once he finds the courage to suicide?

DA BLESS-ING!!!!

Attached: DIUt-fGW0AEq5z5.jpg (900x1200, 207K)

Attached: 1535228365710.jpg (1024x635, 99K)

Not gonna lie I would get on my knees for Mike's massive dick

His on camera persona is an exaggerated version of himself, so yes those old clips bear a similarity

Why do retard neets here pretend like either have "fallen" when their videos get more views than ever?

Probably jealous losers with small yt channels that with they were them

The Simpsons and Family Guy are watched by millions. Are they at their peak?

>ur just jealous

Attached: retards.jpg (250x238, 35K)

Doesnt matter if people are still watching. They already won. Extra episodes are just additional revenue.

>Creative stagnation can't come after popularity
Also, Plinkett and Nerd videos aren't as good or popular as they used to be

Stoklasa is a hack fraud.
James is a beta loser.
Ryan is an entrepreneur and alpha.

Attached: James is a beta loser. Ryan is an entrepreneur and alpha..jpg (1300x800, 235K)

based ryanposter

AVGN fell harder considering he isn't even in charge of his content anymore. He's a slave to those fat fucks. RLM is free to be as lazy as fuck with their content output.