Which cycle are you on?

As a viewer, that is.

Still unironically enjoying blockbusters?
Digging into past blockbusters?
Watching imdb top 100 classics?
Watching Yea Forums-core classics?
Arthouse?
Post-arthouse?
Ironic appreciation of blockbusters?
Unironic appreciation of blockbusters?
Post-unironic appreciation of arthouse?
Game shows?

Attached: 1407193741907[1].gif (206x245, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/chart/bottom
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this week on internet explorer

I watch whatever my GF wants to watch which is usually horror movies or animated films. I tend to watch alot of animated shows and cartoons from my childhood. Spend the rest of my time playing video games.

Attached: 42B6A718-66F4-45EF-8BD6-7B8430ECB4A8.jpg (273x204, 13K)

Arthouse, although I just watched Tie Xi Qu, so maybe post-arthouse

I watch what i like. I don't watch blockbusters at all, the last one i have seen was The Predator and it was terrible. I watch some newer films, older arthouse films and some classic films. Right now i'm watching films from John Ford, Howard Hawks, Alfred Hitchcock and i have been rewatching films from Antonioni.

moved on to anime

Definitely post-unironic appreciation of arthouse?

What are some art house films that aren't complete garbage?

So you're not watching anything?

Computer Chess

There many of them.

Films I watched last week:
>Blue is the Warmest Colour (6/10)
>My Darling Clementine (9/10)
>Brawl in Cell Block 99 (7.5/10)
>Lucky (8.5/10)
>Trash Humpers (9/10
>Killer Joe (8.5/10)

You tell me

i like watching movies from 60-00

I don't watch movies

>>Brawl in Cell Block 99 (7.5/10)
Based

already been through all of those, im now at the point where i dont even watch movies anymore, i just come here to read about the latest hollywood disasters and laugh at them
>shit cgi despite having the best tech than ever before
>constantly shoehorn in diversity and ruin classics
>remakes
>terrible costumes, almost laughable
>one hit wonders crashing and burning after the project they are known for finishes
theres plenty to entertain myself wothout needing to actually watch anything

Attached: image.jpg (660x574, 31K)

Me too.

A little bit of everything, if I'm being honest.

this

just rewatched Golden Boy it's great

I'm at the point where I don't watch anything past some miniseries, and look back fondly on one or two shows like Mad Men. Same with comics. I have two characters I love (Tony Stark & Hal Jordan) and have since I was a kid. I've stored some older stuff, mostly sci-fi, on my Hard Drive and read some light, fun story from 30 years ago while eating dinner. I've also stopped caring about music, and now alternate between Sinatra, Capposela and bloody Imagine Dragons. I've simply stopped trying to have a "taste" and a "pallete", consume the few things I genuinely enjoy, and have actually started living life. Actual life, not living through fiction. I've ignored it for so long, and have only just now realized the gravity of the crime I've commited; throwing away my one shot in life.

Attached: 1555909179679.jpg (500x501, 148K)

At this point I'm just watching whatever the hell intrigues me and then shitposting about them as if people care about my opinions

Watched Orson Welles' Othello last night after making a thread about whether it's worth watching and it has instantly shot up to one of my favourite flms. No idea why people suck off Citizen Kane when Othello is so fucking spectacular in comparison, the cinematography is awesome and the combination of the frantic editing and the fact that the movie trims some of the fat off of the original play's story makes for a perfectly paced film. Now I want to watch it again.

>BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOOOOD!

Definitely checking out Welles' other Shakespeare adaptations, maybe some Othello adaptations by other directors too. First I'm gonna watch Ugetsu, though. I want to get into more Asian movies. There's so many classic films I haven't seen yet and I'm excited to get through them all.

>best film has the worst rating
yikes

>Watching imdb top 100 classics?
Not exactly
imdb.com/chart/bottom

Attached: Ghidorah the Explorer.png (573x726, 1.14M)

Oh definitely, you'll love Mizoguchi's films, and I'm sure you know of Kurosawa's famed Shakespeare adaptations too. Beyond that, 50s and 60s Japanese cinema is an absolute goldmine.

I'm been looking for 4:3 or 1.37 ratio movies to watch on my projector and I think Othello might be the next one because of this post.

The only issues I had with the movie were audio related ones. Pretty sure I saw the remaster Welles' daughter made which is universally considered a pretty fucking terrible cashgrab. The Criterion Collection version has several different releases of the movie in one package, but I'm not sure if any of them have better audio than what I watched.

tfw I only watch American Dad and nothing else.

Attached: 1554121192495.jpg (600x600, 33K)

>find movie i enjoy
>watch it 20+ times because i know if i watch something new it will likely be garbage

I'm the opposite, i've never watched a film more than twice (even my favourites)