DS9

Currently watching Deep Space 9 for the first time and oh boy, it's good. Currently mid-Season 3.

Maybe not the best thing ever, but we will never get comfy well-written casual space sci-fi shows like this again.

Attached: ds9.jpg (1263x1600, 286K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R9bwnY05GoU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pales in comparison to tng

tng pales in comparison to TOS

TNG is kinda tiresome to watch.

Better leave the thread now before some asshole spoils everything for you.

mid season 3 and early season 4 is where it really casts off the TNG shackles and starts doing its own thing

According to studies, knowing the plot in advance doesn't affect the enjoyment in a negative way.

Spoilers are a meme.

Reminds me of my great aunt, she also liked soap operas

Attached: DS9 explained.png (1888x728, 1.6M)

>its a Sisko gets all jive and starts hootin and hollerin episode

Attached: comfy.jpg (1257x837, 402K)

according to studies, you can't stop sucking cock

I need to get laid bros

what studies?

I am a changeling, I don't require sexual stimuli, although I find your humanoid activities intriguing.

so you just do it for fun

fuck off nigger

I don't do it, but I enjoy observing you. You seem to like it.

enterprise > tos >>>>>>>>>>> voyager >>> deep space nine >>> the next generation

200% comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=R9bwnY05GoU

Sisko's mother was a wormhole alien in disguise

ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS

Attached: 1516931955105.png (376x430, 267K)

enterprise and the original series were the only two star trek series to get the premise of the show correct: a ship on a mission of exploration. voyager came close with its "lost in space" plot device but deep space nine and next generation? they are literally "the love boat, in SPACE!"

>Attention Bajoran Workers! If you or a loved one have contracted mesothelioma call this number toll free

Attached: Gul Dukats Announcement.jpg (500x375, 25K)

I really like characters like Quark. They are the strength of the show.

>Reminds me of my great aunt, she also liked soap operas

based and truth pilled. deep space nine, and the next generation were literally created for women who like shows like Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, etc. but IN SPACE!

Anyone watched that documentary about ds9 that was recently released?
Any good?

>I really like characters like Quark. They are the strength of the show.

sure, the shows have some interesting side characters, but the main plot of the show is barley star trek and the overarching storylines are pathetically feminized and juvenile.

No. Don’t bother. It’s revisionist garbage trying to paint DS9 as some turbo progressive SJW show.

>DS9 as some turbo progressive SJW show.
it literally had a stupid palestinian-israeli allegory plot line, it had transgender/gender bending aliens, it had literal "space nazis", 'strong independent wamens', and everything else progressive retards like. dont be salty that you fell for progressive propaganda bro. its not our fault.

It's fun but it's dumb fun. They spend too little time on behind-the-scenes history and too much time on the hypothetical episode 1 of a hypothetical season 8.

Nog dies, hypothetically.

I finally decided to try and start watching Star Trek, starting with TNG, but man, the everything feels so dragged out and slow
Does this improve later on? I heard someone say that season 1 is pretty meh and the show improves later on

>starting with TNG,
why wouldn't you start with TOS?

>Does this improve later on? I heard someone say that season 1 is pretty meh and the show improves later on

Pretty much.

Too outdated, not everyone's cup of tea.

Farscape and Babylon 5 are the best sci-fis of the era.

TNG comes second.

3rd place is Stargate.

>Too outdated, not everyone's cup of tea.
I didn't ask you.

>expected the Borg
Why? That's nowhere near the Delta Quadrant.

Maurice Hurley and Gene Roddenberry('s lawyer) were the main writers for seasons 1 and 2. They sucked.

People love TNG for season 3 and onwards, when Michael Piller became the head writer.

Try "The Measure of a Man", "Q Who" and "The Emissary", and then skip ahead to season 3. As soon as you hit episode 4 of season 3, "Who Watches the Watchers", you're in peak TNG.

How is it Seth MacFarland is the only source for adventure-of-the-week sci-fi about people solving problems with intelligence and charisma instead of violent space explosions?

Attached: Space Shows.png (1234x581, 738K)

He expected videogames and PEW PEW PEW and then got disappointed by people talking. I think Star Wars is more his style.

>deep space nine is loveboat in space

did you even watch it

>Too outdated
Zoomer.

Attached: Zoomer Eating Pods.gif (326x281, 110K)

He's the anti DS9 poster from the /trek/ threads, just ignore him

As the other user said, it's quite dated, and I've got a lot of other shows I want to watch after, I'm basically going through chronological release of a bunch of sci-fi shows.
From what I understood you don't miss out much on not having seen TOS and I don't want to spend +60 hours watching through it, especially since I have so much to watch already

Thabks for the rec, but I think I'll tough it out and wat h through even if I'm not enjoying that much, I don't want to miss out on character development and sucb

Do you realize that literally the original baby boomers, not 30 year old boomers, watched it while it was ongoing?
It was revolutionary at the time, but in retrospect, the limitations of what they could do are obvious. Just count all the "this planet looks just like mid-20th century Earth" episodes.

>From what I understood you don't miss out much on not having seen TOS
you literally see what the truest form of Star Trek is and should be.
Also the cast is incredible, and there's a reason why no one can recapture the chemistry between Spock, Bones, and Kirk.
>Do you realize that literally the original baby boomers, not 30 year old boomers, watched it while it was ongoing?
how does that detract from its quality or importance in any way?

Attached: 1556570939728.jpg (1690x1271, 894K)

Reminder that Sisko was such a pussy to face the Borg that he just sent Worf to do it.

The Dominion war was a nice change of pace after TNG. I don't think they've ruined Kira yet where you are, enjoy her while you still can

Attached: You Have Angered The Bajoran.webm (600x450, 2.9M)

season 1 of ds9 already has the best episode of all trek you fucking zoomers

Kira never gets ruined. Her Cardassian threesome in season 7 is perfection.

What the fuck was her problem?

I watched it all for the first time recently.

It only gets better and better as it goes. Definitely my favorite of the treks by far

They needed that continent to be terraformed for food production. One grouchy old prick can't be allowed to interfere with the restoration of Space Palestine.

Attached: Angry Eyes.webm (1920x1080, 2.5M)

I appreciated them my particular fetish of alien waifus in starfleet uniforms

Attached: Commander Kira.png (377x767, 428K)

>tfw you'll never get to watch it for the first time

enjoy it user. its pretty comfy

Attached: 1557218164464.jpg (540x540, 73K)

You may not like it, but this is what peak aesthetics look like.

Attached: peak aesthetics.jpg (650x790, 94K)

Right side yes, left side meh

kira fanboys, yikes

enterprise girls > all

Attached: Hoshi_covering_boobs.jpg (1010x568, 110K)

try to post a vulcan with a better body

Attached: TPol-Star-Trek-TNG-Blalock-a.jpg (500x942, 95K)

>ENT babbies

sad

Attached: Sophisticated Sci Fi For Grown Ups.png (1366x768, 2.34M)

based

Attached: 1558579362798.jpg (1010x568, 113K)

Based

>>ENT babbies

enterprise >>>>>>>>> voyager >>>>>>>>> ds9 / tng

Attached: screen-shot-2015-07-26-at-2-58-18-pm.png (640x359, 337K)

This is how insecure ENTbabbies are. They can't praise their own show without first attacking another show.

>no Michael

Your virginity is showing

>This is how insecure ENTbabbies are. They can't praise their own show without first attacking another show.

defending a space palestinian played by a irl jew femlet on the worst trek, yikes.

>femlet
She's 5'8", which makes her taller than you. Go buy some bagels.

I might end up watching it some day if I ever want to watch more Star Trek, might not be a good idea going back to the earliest show after seeing all that succeeds it, but I wouldn't enjoy it if I watched it now

TOS is generally not great, S3 especially is fucking garbage. But it's nice seeing where stuff that gets referenced in the later shows comes from.

>She's 5'8"

sure she is pal, believe everything google tells u? shes an angry litle jewish femlet. heres a cast pic of her with friggen giant high heels on barley taller than nicole de boer who is 5'5"

Attached: ds9cast-s7.jpg (899x1200, 249K)

>than nicole de boer who is 5'5"

Now who's trusing google lmao

>Now who's trusing google lmao
im not 'trusing' anyone, im going off multiple sources, wikipedia + imdb + old magazines. all list as 5'5"

whereas nana vistor doesnt evne allow wikipedia to list her height and IMDB gives a different result, 5'7", than google's.

and I'm 6'6" anyways. quit being salty over your boy-bodied jew femlet waifu.

Attached: a6e1a08076fc2af4cc01338066e59472.png (1560x869, 1.77M)

>Linda Park
>5'5"
I'm sure you'll make some excuse for her though. Why am I surprised that the /pol/fag is inconsistent?

linda park actually has a female body, shes petite, where as nana vistor has the body of an angry little jewish man.

Attached: linda-park-0v.jpg (1024x768, 128K)

>nana vistor
yikes and dyke granny pilled

Attached: 374full-nana-visitor.jpg (374x612, 27K)

whatever you say

Attached: Nana Lingerie.webm (576x432, 2.87M)

posts a webm with an infinitely more attractive shiska who upstages the flatbodied jew femlet in her whore's uniform. okay.

Attached: emmarobertsfacepalm.gif (244x168, 578K)

>well-written casual space sci-fi
Does Farscape count?

Attached: harvey.jpg (601x338, 45K)

Farscape is more on a space fantasy side, but yeah

And please, don't bring up trash like Dr Who

star gate > farscape >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> star trek enterprise >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other star trek