ITT: Kino fight scenes

ITT: Kino fight scenes

Attached: Pacific Rim 2 Saber Athena Fight 3 Short.webm (800x332, 2.99M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cCsdGhA2e18
youtube.com/watch?v=mClOxgyWLs8
youtube.com/watch?v=sLgBmsgiayQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0-9aBV8eWa0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that this is John Boyega's fault. He hated the "slow and clumsy" movements of the Jagers in the original film and wanted them to be more like Gundams.

Attached: Pacific Rim 2 Saber Athena Fight 2.webm (1422x800, 2.99M)

Why does Hollywood hate Guillermo so much? He does a good thing, they take it away, give to some irresposible idiots and they make shit.

Attached: Hellboy 2019 WEBRip 1080p-LQ.mkv_snapshot_01.17.03_[2019.07.06_12.52.05].jpg (1920x804, 405K)

How would Boyega be in charge of that decision at all?

Guillermo is focused on visuals and detail, which are things that hollywood has no interest in today. They want cinematic universes, quips, and mass marketability.

I mean he's still hugely respected today and has more projects than he can manage, but his films aren't big hits because audiences also want the MCU formula that Disney has mastered

How bad is the new Hellboy?

He was a producer for the film.

Attached: wewwy.png (270x623, 158K)

Attached: Pacific Rim 2 Saber Athena Fight 1.webm (800x332, 2.99M)

So what? A bunch of mecha anime is fast paced, only real robot mechas are sluggish and those aren't as popular.

How do these things weigh thousands of tons despite looking and feeling absolutely weightless?

"Bad" bad. At least they still used some of Wayne Barlowe's style designs and Baba Yaga was fun, but mostly because I'm a slav myself.
This youtube.com/watch?v=cCsdGhA2e18

threadly reminder PRU only has 4 kaijus

Del Taco does some things great, but always fails to deliver the whole package. His films alternate between kino and cringe scenes. He needs a decent producer and editor to iron out the flaws.
Pacific Rim has fantastic visuals and a great concept but the dialogue is utter shit, worse than the SW prequels.
>Look after my son
>He's my son
>Did I tell you he's my son

anime =/= live action
how many times do you retards try to make anime live action and it end up being shit.
Even in Godzilla the dudes in rubber suits moved around slowly because they had the common sense that something huge should have weight.

so why did they purposefully destroy those buildings before attacking the thing?

This is why the movie is stupid and why you wouldn't assign literal kids to fight monsters.

>Femi Oguns
which Star Wars character is that?

because unlike the original where the Jaegers were doing as little damage as possible to the cities because they were literally supposed to be protectors
John Boyega and all the other shitty fucking retards working on the film decided it would be cooler to destroy the city.

I only remember two things about this movie, the cunny and the trololo scene

>Kaiju Blood is supposed to be highly toxic enough to destroy entire eco systems
>previous movie used this to justify making overly expensive and impractical mechs
>mechs use blunt force trauma to stop Kaiju, no blood LOL
>quarter of a way through and forget about it anyways
>LASER SWORD AND SPINNING BLADES
>BLOOD EVERYWHERE

>Femi O'Guns

Attached: female-ira-fighter-1970s-crop1.jpg (712x565, 378K)

>film supposedly about robots fighting monsters
>only one monster shows up

Robots fighting robots is cool like maybe once

I don't even remember cunny, everyone was ugly as sin

Attached: Pacific Rim 2018 WEBRip 1080p-LQ.mkv_snapshot_00.46.56_[2018.04.28_20.21.08].jpg (1920x800, 490K)

Attached: what's my fucking name.webm (900x506, 2.78M)

youtube.com/watch?v=mClOxgyWLs8

DOOOUUUUUGLAAAAAARGHS

Thats a man in womens clothing, why do you think his face is covered , anyone who ever shooted a gun knows that tied hair is mandatory , look at irl actual female fighters. Also look at that fucking arm.

too be fair: The first movie wasn't all that good either
>bbbbbbut muh Del Toro
oof

baba yaga was the best part of the movie.

>Why does Hollywood hate Guillermo so much?
His movies cost a lot and are not that profitable. There may be few hits but more misses.

Holy fuck, Pacific Rim is literally just Eva

The first movie had an indisputable weightiness to the Kaiju fights though, and it lent a great deal to the enjoyability of those fights. Using the same name for a power rangers fight is not a good call.

the little girl that also appears in motel el royale, blacked in real life though

Boyega wanted the robots to move faster. Look it up. Dude's a genuine brainlet.

So the bunnybot is supposed to be a bad guy, right?

Attached: 1560790240845.webm (320x320, 2.69M)

>we did it patrick

Looks like a video game cutscene. Hate on Del Taco all you want but the guy knows his shit when it comes to directing.

>weightless CGI garbage
>kino
kys zoomer

>dual wielding swords
big yikes

In January 2016, Boyega formed his own production company, Upperroom Entertainment Limited. His company co-produced Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018),

His company worked on the movie so he gave himself a role in it.

>the purpose of the jaggers is to prevent damage to cities
>randomly destroy building for no reason

>Upperroom Entertainment Limited
>pp
>rr
>ΓΆΓΆ
He thinks himself real funny, doesn't he?

>roundhouse kick sends 60,000 ton monster flying 300 feet
You can tell this movie had a branlet/manlet negroid retard behind the scenes. Fuck Boyega, what a dumb fuk that guy is

Attached: 1439331911882.jpg (500x371, 43K)

>giant robot jumps at building
>instead of crashing right through it just leaves a footprint
>actually wall jumping on the building
>as a thousands ton robot
Yep. Complete retardation.

youtube.com/watch?v=sLgBmsgiayQ

Posting for comparison. I loved PR, still peeved at a promising franchise getting ruined.

>promising franchise getting ruined
This seems to become more the rule than exception.

A boat made out of a solid chunk of titanium was dumb too BUT it still didn't look as retarded as everything in the Uprising

The second I just saw that, I lost any hope
I loved the first movie but I'm not even giving this shit a chance. The mdchs are supposed to save the city's from monsters and prevent least amount of destruction and deaths
But yeah just fucking jump kick off a building that you probably weigh more than
Literally makes me seethe

if you thought this garbage for children was interesting, you should unironically rethink your entire life

i thought she was gunna sit on his face for a moment

>>the purpose of the jaggers is to prevent damage to cities
>randomly destroy building for no reason
you're gunna love this webm

Attached: Pacific Rim 2 Buildings Torn Down Onto Kaiju.webm (800x450, 3M)

It was only dumb in the same sense the entire premise of giant robots fighting kaiju is dumb as in not exactly realistic like in our world. The sequel is fucking retarded like Legolas running up the bridge that is falling apart.

>fucking magic telekinesis ray
>zap zap a building on your head
They're not even trying to make it believable. Fuck explaining technology. Zap Zap Motherfucker.

did they evacuate the city I see no people in the streets

If you didn't hide well it's your problem kid yeah they did, and it was a terrible Eva parody

Attached: Pacific Rim 2018 WEBRip 1080p-LQ.mkv_snapshot_01.22.25_[2018.04.28_21.18.49].jpg (1920x800, 734K)

Oh just ignore those insignificant details. Zap Zap Motherfucker!

He's right though, mechs should be capable of supersonic hand to hand combat.

Attached: AntiSpeed.gif (600x334, 3.6M)

Thread theme youtube.com/watch?v=0-9aBV8eWa0

it looks really cool, fuck you're realism

Why not use that leash to slam its face into the floor?

What's your problem dude?

>citing literal anime

If your mechs can't punt each other through galaxies at millions of times the speed of light you are doing mecha objectivley wrong.

Attached: tumblr_o4fhfdZZz61rjxyrgo8_r1_400.gif (358x240, 1.85M)

not that user but

Attached: 1532367862301.gif (427x320, 1.94M)

>cant tell the difference between an arming sword and a dagger
he's holding one of both you fucking idiot. Go watch some Shadiversity or Skallagrim.

What's this from?

>like Legolas running up the bridge that is falling apart
No one complained when he ran on top of knee deep snow in Fellowship. Elves just have a shit ton of boons.

That entire third act was kino

actually godzilla moves slugish because of the restrictions of the suit they are working with. If the suit was not a limitation he'd move faster like in the american cgi film. Also im supporting that mechs should move fast, doesnt make sense for them to be slow.

lol like can you imagine who would want that haha

>indisputable weightiness
Yeah nah.

What a shitty eva ripoff who watches this.

Boyega also changed the dialogue and ruined many scenes.
He made the movie more "urban" and ghetto it up

wasn't it only this one jaeger that moved fast since it was designed lighter? all the other ones moved pretty much like the first movie.

Im literally at a loss for words. This is the epitome of photorealistic anime mech fighting, and you guys reply with the supidest goddamn shit that is the kinda talk that will prevent more films like this that would potentially appeas your apparent autism. "weight" all of a sudden everyones a fucking physics expert, they didnt make logical sense in the first film either, who doesnt want more robot on monster fighting tho? Sorry I dont want my mechs to obey the laws of gravity, physics, and more things that make reality boring.

He's fucking right.

Now everybody point at this retard and laugh at him.

not an argument, post the films you're into.

literally everyone dual wielded swords back then. some even carried a longsword in one hand and in the other hand they had throwing knives

The cool thing about mechs is how powerful they are. If you see a mech doing a kickflip it really doesnt sell it, but if a mech needs a rocket to help propel a punch and its winding up slowly you can really get a feel of how much strength and weoght is put into it, not tiptoeing of the windows on the side of a buildinf and landinf the gayest kick ive ever seen

that's one thing, and not a biggie. he's an elf, he's gracile, whatever.

the skateboarding, jumping on falling bits of bridge, and jumping up onto a horse from in front of it as it's running were all horrible.

What is this from?

Outlaw King

Your mother.

No they weren't. It's fantasy. It's supposed to be a fantastical story, as if it's written down by a scribe dramatizing the events of the War of the Ring.

>first movie explains that they fight in the water even if it gives the monster an advantage to protect the civilians and the city
>show gypsy carefully stepping over a bridge to prevent destroying it
>nigger makes this fucking shit

Attached: Gipsy Danger vs Leatherback.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

How does an actor make enough money to start his own producing firm? Its not like he was in anything besides Star Wars

Boyega is such a nigger

Attached: 1487527982382.jpg (481x401, 36K)

Attached: PacificRimII.webm (1920x1080, 2.55M)

>something using an anime picture to describe another person as trash
irony

Attached: 1526732700189.jpg (823x960, 153K)

Those are some powerful helicopters

thats why there's like 40 for every jaeger

>who ever shooted a gun
>shooted

>posts on Yea Forums
>in a stealth /m/ thread
>complains about anime

Attached: tenor.gif (344x426, 714K)

Attached: cherno (2).webm (1280x720, 1.84M)

thanks mom and dad for not divorcing and letting me become this weeb loser :)

my whole thing is in the plot of the movie they explain that the mechs NEED to be faster to mach the monsters. Id also compliment the sound design and directing because they truly feel impactful imo if you just based off reading here you would think they are made of tin foil.

Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
doesn't matter what era, they're all always 10/10
especially 13 monsters vs King Ghidorah

>in a stealth /m/ thread
This is the nigger hate general stealth thread

Attached: 1563056100054.jpg (600x705, 72K)

All so tiresome

Attached: 1558320535604.jpg (447x589, 48K)

he drops a building and the monster falls into the last highrise before reaching him
but then he's no longer at that highrise and the robot can pull it down

Attached: 2019-07-14 14_28_05-https___i.4cdn.org_tv_1563122329557.webm - Vivaldi.png (1375x1088, 1.74M)

>oof
fuck off reddit

>when pissy shills have to rip on a fun movie to prop up their shit one

Attached: 1559585564142.png (500x711, 150K)

>Jhon Boyega's twitter picture

BRUH..........

BRUH....

Attached: vBOup0-V0x400.jpg (400x400, 27K)

salty fan/shill of the second one, so he'll call you a manchild for liking the first flick

>mfw this faggot

Attached: 1561335266582.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>kills off Japanese heroine from the first movie
>destroys Tokyo with the most unnecessary melee tactics
>didn't even film in Tokyo and those scenes are actually shot in South Korea
Totally a coincidence

When the enemies cause less damage than the 'heros' this movie is fucking stupid

dont forget
>kills the japanese heroine from the first movie in a helicopter crash thats not even in focus

Gains are easy when you're 5'4''.

>5'4''
is he really that short
and those fucking child bearing hips