Sleepy granddad or angry hobo?

Sleepy granddad or angry hobo?

Attached: Yto-RBOsN3Nl.jpg (600x400, 77K)

The latter is a fag so in the interest of the canon, probably that one.

That said, the first is a better actor

Kind of shitty for the guy to just stop playing a major character when they had several more films planned. He needs to die or something.

2nd was better for how Dumbledore was in the latter books. Goblet of Fire was just poorly written and directed.

I like how some of Gandalf's spells aren't magic at all. Like blinding the enemy army by charging at dawn. Any clever person with an almanac can do this. The idea that wizards are just highly educated is much more interesting than magic.

I remember Michael Gambon saying he hadn’t the faintest idea of what those movies were about. Pretty funny

Angry hobo fits better with the fact that Dumbledore is actually a retarded scumbag and not the Gandalf of the story as his appearance and role would have you believe. Definitely a massive downgrade from the original though.

post YFW you learn first Dumbldorf is based Legasov/Crozier's dad

Yes yes, well done Michael Gambon, well done, HOWEVER.

>Gandalf
Not sure if taking the piss or genuine mistake. Nice dubs.

>gandalf

His power is pretty much being a learned and wise leader who can rally and organize people. Always made me wonder what the point of Aragorn was, desu

I love how autists get mad at the cast change when the first one couldn't continue because he died

Wizards can't be president

>tfw watched the first one last night for the first time in 15 years
The child acting's a little cringey but I enjoyed it more than I expected to. The CGI's aged horrendously though.

Dumbledore doesn't die until the sixth movie retard.

michael gaston

Harris portrayed the better Dumbledore. I appreciate Gambon trying to do his own thing to not ape Harris, but that wasn't Dumbledore.

I like both, but Gambon's increasing insanity is great to watch.

Attached: e19fd66101c6542773fed4a67ab5d52827be3339fa5ed6e02c69006e0ba08635.jpg (800x558, 93K)

HAAAARRYYYYYYY POTTEEEEEER

...yes?

Attached: 1552231867661.jpg (359x347, 11K)

HP3 Gambon>Harris>>>>>all other Gambon HPs

HP6&7 Gambon was pretty neat too, imo.

>The CGI's aged horrendously though.
They had to rush it because Chris didn't factor in the time needed for post production... ie he didn't film cgi heavy scenes first. Pretty glaring mistake for a seasoned director. Otherwise it would've been a lot better.

I think Gambon only in HP3 for some reason seemed to perfectly capture Dumbledore's eccentricity in the books. Both Harris and Gambon make him a little more "serious" than he should be, in their own ways. Not sure why Gambon morphed into pic related for the rest of the movies.

Attached: calmly.webm (1920x800, 1.4M)

>that speed
Damn that old fart can hustle

I didn't think his angry shit was that bad after GoF, to be honest. If he ever showed rage, is was usually befitting of the circumstances. I loved the scene in... I think OotP where he's arguing like fuck behind closed doors only to then revert back to his warm and wise act when he spots Harry.

The reason you typecast both of these portrayals into simply "sleepy granddad" and "angry hobo" is because Dumblydorr is a shit character that comes from one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: a_cure_for_dullness.jpg (1587x2862, 2.04M)

best depiction

Attached: 1562583545290.jpg (790x593, 74K)

>Yea Forums memes
Take your faggot ass shit elsewhere.

fucking based

>we never got a BullyxHP game
Do they hate money?

how new are you?