Can Dark Souls be kinofied or is it impossible?

Can Dark Souls be kinofied or is it impossible?

Attached: darksoulstrilogy-800x450.jpg (800x450, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/335300
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I would like it if the protagonist was some nameless soldier or merc.

Starring Idris Elba

Cate Blanchett as the initial female voice that is theorised to be Velka.
Ton Heukels as Gwendolyn.
Christina Hendricks as Gwynevere.
Hulk Hogan as Gwyn.
Lena Dunham as Smough.
Alexandra Daddario as Quelaag.
Taylor Swift as Quelaan.

>Lena Dunham as Smough.
Kino

Wow, that sounds just awful.

>giving a movie director a game like dark souls
you might as well give a monkey a fucking jewel and wait until he smears shit on it and throws it back at you.

2 > Demon's > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3

Demon's Souls ISN'T Dark Souls. You may as well include Bloodborne and Sekiro in your contrarian bait list for maximum (You)'s.

It’s impossible, the narrative is best expressed in a video game format anyway

Attached: ED786831-A4BB-49D9-99AB-0977E61C406E.png (640x1136, 428K)

Dark Souls is Demon's Souls but shit, so yeah, it really is you retard

Have sex and then immediately kys.

t. kyle with an xbox instead of a ps3 still coping

Are you actually retarded?

nice counter argument retard
let me guess, you think Dark Souls is actually good because you were too poor to have a ps3?
retard
lol

The best parts in Dark Souls are the voice acting and cutscenes. The gameplay is nothing to write home about.

Swap 2 and 1 and I agree

I've thought about it before.
>Liam Neeson as Lord Gywn
>Alan Tudyk as Solaire of Astora
>Matt Damon as Accursed Undead

Attached: clash_of_the_titans32.jpg (950x389, 50K)

Bloodborne would be more kino tho.

you're a fucking walking meme Yea Forums hivemind jesus christ

I'm 100% serious though. Maybe accursed undead can be any actor you want though, just has to be able to play a dark, hopeless, and melancoly role

Wouldn't work.

Dark souls works because of player interaction

It's all about exploring the new locations, piecing together the story by yourself by looking at the environment and item descriptions, and dying to a boss multiple times before finally beating it

What makes dark souls special just simply wouldn't translate to any other medium

Attached: oh_the_humanity.png (272x273, 293K)

t. mindless consumerist automaton who lacks even the tiniest bit of imaginiation

play another video game
dark souls is the harry potter of Yea Forums
GROW THE FUCK UP

are those games good? all people say about them is: "dude they are like REALLY hard lmao"
but is it fun? does it have an interesting story or mechanics?

Yes.

The combat is great, and even though it's harder than other games it makes it all the more satisfying when you finally beat a level/boss

how about we RISE THE FUCK UP instead?

Attached: 1555593824466.jpg (720x960, 95K)

No.

>dude they are like REALLY hard lmao
That is only said by people who don't play them.

They are hard games. I know people like to pretend the hard thing is a meme but it definitely isn't if you plan to solo the bosses.

People who say they're easy games are the same people who summoned for every boss. It is easy when you summon, no doubt.

Bloodborne would be the easiest to transition into a film. Which is dope since it also has the most interesting story and setting among the soulsborne titles. I've actually been batting the idea around of creating a spec script for it and pitching it to Sony just to see if they'd like the idea and then hire an actual good writer to do it instead.

Attached: 915BXZ1Ak6L._SX425_.jpg (425x505, 35K)

BB>DS1>Sekiro>DeS>DS2>DS3

Good thread

2 was really great. It was like a never ending adventure. I think i replayed that one the most with 300 hours. The pvp was peak in 2 and the weapon diversity made for some really exciting duels

Attached: EFADDBD1-B4FC-4FE8-B601-9EEC99D04785.jpg (564x603, 57K)

Based as fuck. 2 is the best game. Friendly reminder that hating 2 is the most reddit you can be.

Also OP, Excalibur already exists

>all these faggots shitting on DS3

Attached: 1448837212276-1.jpg (500x500, 39K)

3 is the best kill yourself faggot.

if there was a 20 minute no talking intro of a dude adventuring and being killed while slowly going hollow before finding something and regaining some if his humanity it might work - i think giving an exposition dump would ruin things, at least at the start

2 had the best fashion, which, as we all know, is the true point of the games.

>>Lena Dunham as Smough.
She could be the Asylum Demon.

I've only played Dark Souls 1, but it's amazing.

They are really good games with a shit ton of atmosphere. And also a lot of style and fashion with armor designs and cool weapons.
They are hard if you play modern games, that mostly really easy. But if you get gud is a really fun ride

No, they are trash. Everything that distinguishes player that "got gud" and that didn't is memorization of enemies' attack animations plus grinding the shit out of it as in a crappy MMORPG because progress is preserved between deaths. So naturally, it is loved by shitters that cannot play actually fun games that actually require learning some skills to play.

That's because the story has already happened in the games and you're just walking through the aftermath of it. Gwyn's War, the corruption of Oolacile and New Londo, the Witches of Izalith trying to recreate the First Flame would all work as a mini-series. But the best story would be of Micolash descending into madness.

Attached: Micolash.jpg (701x1000, 64K)

FUCK HUNTERS AND FUCK BRYGENWERTH
BB is the best by far

Attached: 96AE41EE-4D86-4DBE-8905-312264B5A717.jpg (941x905, 238K)

>bugbourne
Would be nice if the thing didn't drop frames like a motherfucker during boss fights.
Also.
>still no pc port

I think your best bet would be somewhat avant-garde. Heavy focus on visuals and action. A lonely warrior on a solitary, impossible quest. Interactions with other characters would have to be subtle, but packed with feeling. The smallest gesture sitting around a bonfire together would have to be as profound as when one falls defending the other in battle.
It would be difficult, but I think you could capture the feelings of the game and promotional materials. Maybe even begin with the exact “yes, indeed” speech about the age of fire from the beginning of the game.
You’d walk a razor’s edge between an incredibly boring slog and the purest of kino.
Alternatively, you could have a mini-series about the Old Lords and the start of the age of fire. Or have your lonely journey, but with brief flashbacks to the age of the Gods whenever the protagonist finds something significant, or maybe kills an important boss. Seeing a painting in Anor Londo, for example, might trigger a flashback.

>what is Bloodborne

Attached: holy moonlight sword.png (800x584, 532K)

Mini series set in a no name kingdom as the First Flame fades. Follow a group of characters in a city as people turn undead and the Way of White becomes ultra militant. The court wizard's little bitch sorcery academy living in Vinheim's shadow try setting themselves up as a position of authority in the increasing crisis. Characters get branded, become undead, go hollow, maybe throw in a wandering hostile Black Knight, some drakes, or a dark secret under the city's lands. The series ends before the Chosen Undead gets to the Kiln.

>Lena Dunham as Smough.
more like Gluttonous Demon

Or before Gwyn goes down there himself. I think you're right that a Dark Souls show would have to be focused on something other than the big events of the story. Those things should happen in the background and effect the group incidentally. That's how I would run a DS rpg were I to run one.

Attached: images(7).jpg (257x196, 5K)

based & redpilled

Gwyn and his lords vs dragons prequel and the defection of NLK mite b cool

>ds2 best when it ruined nearly every weapon moveset from ds1 and looks like a fucking ps1 game with the only remotely good areas being 2 of the 3 DLCs
rip halberd

Attached: ps1 game.jpg (1600x842, 425K)

OH YEAH BROTHER! WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO WHEN GWYNAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU?

this x100

Is SotFS still active? PvP on the iron keep bridge was probably the most fun I’ve had in any soulsborne game

>They are hard games
No they are not, they only have high-hitting bosses and that's all. Like most action games, once you figure out a boss' moveset you're already set. Also that's without summons, even though summons should be counted when we're talking about a "game's difficulty" since not using them is effectively gimping yourself as you're not taking advantage of what the game is offering you, for the sake of challenge and fun. It's like not getting powerups in mario and claiming it's hard cause you die in one hit from a hammer bro.

Sekiro would be so much more kino. The obvious choice by far, if it's not done by a Japanese studio.

still got like 2k hours in ds2 between the ps3/pc versions of the orginal and ps4/pc versions of sotfs - probably the most of any souls game, there's just so much to do and the way NG+ ramps up with more shit is amazing

Sekiro is plenty kino by itself

Attached: 60AB9B33-2017-4A2E-B055-A6DAEBB72897.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

yes

Attached: dark souls.png (1500x702, 1.31M)

steamcharts.com/app/335300
that's pc for sotfs so it looks like 2k players on average with some dips and highs probably on weekends and stuff
ps4 still has players as well since i've been doing a playthrough with a buddy who never beat those games but it's not bustling with people - still getting invaded and coop signs, bridge pvp is there if you want but i have no idea about player count on ps4 or xbox one

This. It's one of the few games that fully utilise games as a medium to tell a story.

A movie that is essentially an abridged version of DS1 could be fun. Follow a mostly silent lead around (pic related) as he explores decaying abandoned lordran. Treat it more like fantasy-horror, do the slow burn shit, have little injections of whimsy with some choice NPCs from the game, work in the most important boss fights but don't treat each one like a giant action setpiece. Use the protagonist as an audience stand in just like the games do. Focus on the mystery and atmosphere. It would even be cool if the movie leans heavily on Solaire as a subplot.

Shiva of the East, more like Shiva the deceased

is bloodborne really that good? I hate the aesthetics of it. top hats, long coats, and cane swords seems gay af

it's a more put together story but it lacks variety and is a bit on the easier side of the series - even the randomized dungeons get old after a while but it's also a nice break from the dark souls style of things - deff worth a play if you like the series, been on sale for less than $10 and there is only 1 dlc pack which you can get as a bundle in the old hunter edition, if you're gonna play it then like all souls games, the dlc is quite good

NO.
souls games are only cool on paper and when you fantasize about them in your head, but in reality they are shit and the stuff has been already done. better.

just put a helmet over a stunt guy or a guy who is professional with swords and shit, and if you really need a voice just use someones

sauce on better games?

Dark souls is a story and setting that can be best communicated by vidia. It would be like doing a Lovecraft movie, sure you can do it, but it's always going to be the lesser product.

i meant the lore. but for the games, any game really, which isn't clunky japan jank.

You seem pretty reasonable user. I'll give it a try

>t. Brainlet
I think mass effect is more your speed pleb

Attached: 1560857257674.jpg (725x555, 221K)

Not in Jew Hollywood of today, of course it's not gonna happen.

nice try mr miyazaki. but my taste is far superior to you so you wouldn't understand these things.

I wish the 3rd game was scrubbed from existence.
And Sekiro was kino. Too bad no multiplayer.

Heides Tower of Flame is beautiful, but yeah the rest of the game looks shit with those horrific flat repeating textures and cuboid empty rooms.

Are you guys so fucking contrarian you've actually convinced yourselves that 2 isnt a massive piece of shit?

I wrote the spec script we have a meeting with the ip owners soon to finalize.
there is a movie release in the next year contingent on if it gets made.
it ends with solaire lighting the flame and being backstsbbed by the chosen undead and both burning. remember that.
you all might like it the chosen undead is a real Ryan gosling br2049 type.

>Ds2 above anything

>protagonist doesn't say a word, his face is hidden through the whole movie
>Good enough budget to make convincing cgi that doesn't overtake the whole screen like the shitty Hobbit movies, "bosses" and enemies are treated like horror movie monsters, mainly kept offscreen, while the camera focuses on the chosen undead, as he tries to run away and struggles
>Side characters come and go casually, giving small pieces of exposition and character
>Protag dies continuously, after 30-40 seconds of only folly background noise he gets back up, each time more hollow
>Clumsily and almost coincidentally gets to the two Bells and anor londo
>Skip sith the scaleless and the witches, but keep nods of them
>He never actually gets to defeat any Boss
>End It with a confrontation with gwyn
>Both of them are basically hollow, might aswell be a drawn our drunken bar fight
>Gwyns theme plays after his death and roll credits

Could work

Edge of Tomorrow as a dark fantasy action movie rather than sci-fi could have been kino.

>King sends cowardly son to battlefront to man up
>gets rekd but absorbs some sorcery that resurrects him every time he dies
>has to improve himself each time to face off against final boss

There's no way you could make it without it being considered a rip off, but I'd watch fuck out of it.

here are some spoilers from half the movie:
solaire finds chosen undead in pile of corpses
walk through forest
meet girl, she leaves
meet pate, he banters, leads them to ANCIENT RUIN
of course it's a trap (bandits), undead finds fancy jewel from MYSTERIOUS grave
they meet pate again next to girl corpse he pleads ignorance, they decide not to kill him TENSE
chosen undead has a dream, sees corpse, sees two hooded figures, fire
wake up pate gone
take MYSTERIOUS artifact from corpse
the order solaire has come to see has been murdered
chosen undead sees pate and bandits reveling in a barricaded hall
looks doen at mysterious artifact looks up and is in banquet hall
brutally murders everyone, hears solaire call
turns around, is standing outside
did it happen? artifact is gone

oh shit did that guy die?
i made that ages ago
honestly i thought that was the best joke on it

>Name

Automatically kino

>visuals, items, bosses etc either "re-imagined" or just outright copy pasted from DaS1
>ugly as sin, weird textures and movement feels oddly floaty
>no poise
>like 8 different roll caps
>ADP stat which capped at 37 still doesn't give you nearly enough iframes to dodge most attacks
>retarded item degradation, hit wall 5 times with a gsword and it breaks
>soul memory
>150 SL meta
>can't dead angle
>10 second riposte window
>lose max hp on death, better carry 99 hard humanity at all times

What a great game.

Attached: 1561480649358.gif (360x270, 2.27M)