Haven't seen this, is this a sequel or a remake of the original?

Haven't seen this, is this a sequel or a remake of the original?

Also, how does it rank among the others?

Attached: 1563015418089.png (426x640, 291K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It sucks, watch Vs Biollante instead

It's more of a reimagining of Godzilla into PURE KINO

But Godzilla already is pure kino

Bump

One of the best Godzilla movies of all time, as expected from the master.

It's a pretty funny movie about bureaucracy

Based Anno saved yet another genre.

If I die,
In this world,
Who will know,
I shoot lasers

Is it anywhere close to the original? Also, I've never seen Anno's previous works, should I watch those first or is this a fine introduction?

Two parts Eva with one part Reptar on Ice.

Attached: reptarice.jpg (480x360, 11K)

It has the polictical themes of the original and a message about the use of nuclear weapons

It's breddy gud.

Attached: A_Shaft_Of_Light_Is_All_I_Need_1.webm (952x400, 2.94M)

You don't have to watch his stuff before this, you know he usually just makes (made) anime, right?
The only link is that he re-uses the soundtrack from his previous works because he's a lazy fuck.

Fuck, let me guess, this is the best Godzilla scene in the film and the rest are forgettable and now you;ve fucking spoiled it for me fuck you

Attached: boner.jpg (600x561, 28K)

There's plenty of more scenes you sperg. Why the fuck are you even clicking on webms when you haven't even seen the fucking movie? why didin't you stop when you realized you were liking what you were seeing and would rather wait to watch the actual movie?

You have a point, but fuck you anyway

You're the cunt so stupid you need your hand held in order to decide whether to watch a movie or not.

Not really

>caring about spoilers
Faggot

>not caring about spoilers
Go back to your capeshit.

I'm the guy who posted the .webm and nothing else ITT until now. I didn't spoil anything for you, it's just a scene where Godzilla uses his Atomic Breath. There's no context to it at all. It was shown on TV as a promotional little bit plenty of times to hype people up. Here it is being shown on Japanese television before release. It isn't a spoiler.

Attached: A_Shaft_Of_Light_Is_All_I_Need.webm (854x480, 2.99M)

First half is full of kino scenes. Second half has a bit too much human interaction to my liking, but it shows an earnest, if a little too optimistic scenario on how the city of tokyo/ japan would be dealing with such a calamity.
The japanese-''american'' character almost ruins the movie.

God i wish that were me

Serious answer from a Godzilla diehard: It's essentially a modern retelling. None of the characters or plot elements are the same, but it's essentially what the original Gojira would look like if it had been made in 2016. It was deeply political for the Japs and focused more on the allegorical aspect of Godzilla as a disaster the Japanese government fails to handle, much like the original was an allegory for nuclear warfare.

It's unironically the second best movie in the franchise after Gojira when it comes to objective quality. It's only major failing is that it slumps a bit in the third act. Otherwise it's great. Inevitably, if you call it good, people just accuse you of sucking Anno's cock, but I've never watched anything by Anno nor ever touched Evangelion, so my perspective is totally from a Godzilla fan's perspective.

If you want balls to the wall monster action with a lot of popcorn entertainment, this is probably not for you. Normies and casuals tend to hate it because of their stereotypical views of the franchise and what they value in anything with the Godzilla label attached. So if that's you, be warned, you won't like it as much.

Attached: 1473796339353.jpg (1651x1261, 831K)

Good post but
>objective quality
There is no "objective quality" in film, whether a fim is good or not is completely subjective

Terrible for beginners. It's ok especially effects-wise if you know what to expect.

It's pretty based. Godzilla as a metaphor for Fukushima

Satomi Ishihara is cute as hell but her English accent was one of the worst things in the world.

This is so fucking kino

It is a standalone movie, the best movie of 2016, and one of the best movies of the decade.
Watch it subbed. The only real flaws are moments of bad English dialogue by native Japanese speakers.
Something people, somewhat understandably, don't talk about, is the fact that this movie is Anno basically saying Japan should cut ties with America and create a military again. It is all-but-explicit WW2 Japanese imperialism and a fuck you to international cliques. It's incredibly masculine and bold, and presents a challenge to both Japan and the United States ... it is "fighting words"

youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI

Few Japanese can speak English in an understandable way. It's worse if they voice a character that's supposed to be foreign and talk in English from time to time. Thankfully for Shin Godzilla human characters aren't important.

Who did the mocap for this?

Toho made several similar movies in the early 60s and now no one realizes it because the context is gone and it just seems like a random monster movie.

Honestly, I'd watch an entire movie of Godzilla blowing up a city like this.

A guy in a hilarious Godzilla mask.
Mansai Nomura

Attached: 2016080900003558.jpg (800x835, 65K)

>t.

Attached: tfw your wife's boyfriend lets to watch them fuck.jpg (600x900, 117K)

I know, but if they were set on having a Japanese-American character, they could have chosen a Japanese-American actress. Satomi was chosen because she's popular and gets asses in seats, which is a shame because she brought the movie down.

That movie is genuinely bad.
The directing is awful above all else.
It's good. The only other besides the first with any artistic merit.
Only Godzilla and Shin are actual worthwhile FILMS. Everything else is infantile entertainment.
Manchildren.

Great argument, retard.

Back to your discord, tranny

Biollante is not that bad at least it has decent monster scenes. I'll take it over Godzilla vs. Mothra and especially Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla.

Why is it that Annofags always shit on the previous Godzilla films? Do they hate fun?

In previous Godzilla threads they were mostly shitting on contemporary American Godzilla ruining most Godzilla threads but this became less frequent over time.

You're very articulate. Manchild who still plays with toys, fingering his asshole with the fist of gypsy danger.
Exactly what I described.
"It's good because pew pew RAAAAAAAAWR!!!". Brainlet.

>FUN BAD
You're not fooling anyone, tranny NPC

The 60s godzilla>shin godzilla>godzilla final wars> rest godzilla films

I'm an "annofag" because I like good movies?
Great arguement, capeshit loving brainlet. You can't defend your shit flicks made for literal manchildren. Don't reply, child. You're too stupid to say anything else.
Final wars is awful.

lol the tranny is getting mad

Dilate

>Not enjoying Final Wars
>Hating the kinoest Godzilla films
Pleb brainlet, go back to redit, they're more aligned with your shit taste

It was campy, that's true, but it was pure 00's edgy fun. I still fell that shin Godzilla is the best modern Godzilla adaptation to this date

He's a baiting tranny, don't reply to him you retards

Brainlet numales get so mad lol
Defenseless and retarded.

Brainlet numales love Shin Godzilla, Evangelion and the rest of Anno's garbage, though. They want to look smart by watching poorly made flicks with some symbolism thrown in to look deep. They'd never want to be seen watching an old Showa or Heisei Godzilla film
Of course you'll deny this fact like the brainlet tranny you are, but try asking any numale what Godzilla movies they like and they'll always reply with either the original or Shin