Is Who wants to be a millonaire just a game of luck?

Is Who wants to be a millonaire just a game of luck?

I mean, there's 33.34% chance of being right unless the person happen to know the answer, and lifelines can only get you so far into the game.

Let's say there are 15 questions with 4 choices each. Let's also say there are 3 lifelines: call-a-friend, 50-50, and ask-the-audience.

For each of the 15 questions, there is only 1 correct answer, and 3 incorrect answers, so immediately your chances are 1/3 = 33.34%. You can use each lifeline once. Using phone-a-friend, let's say gives you a 95% chance the person you call is correct. So 1 question is 95%. Similarly, we can say ask-the-audience gives you a 95% chance. Finally, 50-50 will remove 2 wrong answers, so you have 1 right answer and 1 wrong answer, so you basically know the answer. To recap:

Question 1: 33.34%
Question 2: 33.34%
Question 3: 33.34%
Question 4: 95%

Attached: who.png (500x281, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Homophobic_slurs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I cant really agree that phone call guarantees 95% and you cant depend on the audience to know the answers to very complex questions

>Finally, 50-50 will remove 2 wrong answers, so you have 1 right answer and 1 wrong answer, so you basically know the answer.
Gets me every time.

i made this

probabilities aren't additative like that, you absolute mong
they're multiplicative
if you have 50% every time, then you have 50% on the first, then 25% on the send, then 12.5% on the third etc
you don't add them up to 150% and divide by 3

Hes right you know

>Hes right you know
I'm not a "he".

YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT SAMOA JOE AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER WRESTLER YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING! BUT I'M A GENETIC FREAK AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% AT BEST AT BEAT ME! AND THEN YOU ADD KURT ANGLE TO THE MIX, YOU THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN! SEE THE 3 WAY AT SACRIFICE YOU GOT A 33 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING. BUT I, I GOT A 66 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING CAUSE KURT ANGLE KNOWS HE CAN'T BEAT ME AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY! SO SAMOA JOE YOU TAKE YOUR 33 1/3 CHANCE MINUS MY 25% CHANCE AND YOU GOT 8 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT SACRIFICE. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF WINNING IF WE WAS TO GO 1 ON 1 AND THEN ADD 66 2/3 %. I GOT A 141 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT SACRIFICE! SENIOR JOE?T HE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT SACRIFICE!

Attached: math.jpg (480x360, 16K)

based

Attached: 1546640869226.png (1144x772, 267K)

so the bait here is that it's supposed to be 1/4 or 25%, right?

I invented this pasta years ago

Did he win?

Based

Attached: millionaire_tout.jpg (307x200, 17K)

>he doesn't know about the advanced math

This faggot also doesn't believe that dividing with 0 equals infinity

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

faggot has nothing to do with being gay. retard, it's just a form of expression

>This faggot also doesn't believe that dividing with 0 equals infinity
it depends from which direction you approach zero, you brainlet
see pic related
if you converge on zero from the negative side it equals -infinity.

Attached: brainlet.png (1125x847, 43K)

>faggot has nothing to do with being gay. retard, it's just a form of expression
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Homophobic_slurs

>brainlet
why the brainphobia?

>it depends from which direction you approach zero, you brainlet
Dividing doesn't require any 'direction', you brainlet, dividing by 0 equals infinity.

it's staged

Why has this pasta resurfaced all of a sudden? It's been posted at least twice this month.

Can we bring back Summer Glau spam too?