Who was in the wrong?

Who was in the wrong?

Attached: the founders.png (220x312, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AOkWaFPENFg
youtube.com/watch?v=36Ux2cmHCL8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he's a dick

He was right to make something grand out of the brothers’ idea, when it became clear they weren’t interested in the bigger picture - but it was an asshole move to screw them out of the 1%.

I really like this movie because fast food and themepark history are both really interesting to me.
The "I want a divorce" scene was fucking weird though

Not only screw them out of the money but then opening right across the street from them too so he can personally run them out of business using their own idea. What a wild man.

The writers for including that forced romance side plot.

that movie was one big commercial

It actually goes to show how successful Kroc was at making the American public accept this restaurant as a part of their daily lives, something ubiquitous, familial, and even spiritual.

This is a very good movie.

I’m fairly certain that didn’t happen irl, and the brothers continued to ran their business. Not sure why the movie wanted to portray him as that big of an ass.

Oh? Figures. I didn't bother looking it up.

Capitalism isn't so much about survival of the fittest, it's more about how you can out outmaneuver your rivals in highly talmudic & esoteric law/business practices.

You utilize the state to do your work for you and drive your competitors out of business.

Ask yourself this: is the world a better place having McDonald's in it? The obesity, the cultural monotony, the multinational corporation destroying smaller business.

I'd argue it isn't.

Good for taking shits in and using wifi overseas though.

I mean one of the brothers even served the 50 millionth McDonalds hamburger in 1984 during a ceremony. (The other brother died earlier)
So I don’t think their relationship was as bad as it had been suggested by the ending.

He opened it nearby, not directly across the road. The Big M, which the original McDonald's had been renamed to, when out of business six years later.

no one
ray would go to business schools and say mcdonald's was a real estate company

You started to be boring in the first parahraph, and I didn't read the rest, undoubtedly something about the state and consumerism.
You sound like white teenage woman with an iPhone.

>something ubiquitous, familial, and even spiritual.

It's American cultural hegemony.

>31st January 1990: First McDonald's opens in the USSR

youtube.com/watch?v=AOkWaFPENFg

The thing is though, China has proven that prosperity does not necessarily rely upon the cultural aspects of liberalism. The American model is being made redundant.

You can critique the society you're in while taking part in it out of necessity. For the record, I'm typing this on a cheap Lenovo laptop.

The only thing the two brothers innovated was the ford approach to hamburgers. They were idealist and ill-suited for their own business which is why they failed at franchising it before Kroc came along. Needless to say a lifelong salesman is going to have a few ideas on what they should do. Why cock block a partner after they taking on the kind of risks they were too chicken shit to do anyways? Oh right because they were failed businessmen.

The easily could've sat back and become the brains of the organization and let Kroc work his magic. It was immediately profitable and speaks volumes that they had problems at all with what was going on.

it was realistic, he didn't hate his wife or anything, just wanted an upgrade

> Wah you made us rich but muh milkshake integrity.

Just because there is profit to be made doesn't necessarily mean that you should make it.

But they weren't failed businessmen, they were moderately successful, they just weren't successful franchising the business

Is that before or after they brought on a salesmen partner that would help them where they failed?

America

Eh yeah my bad on the hyperbole.

At least in the film they come off as having cold feet and second guessing everything. Might not be even close to what actually went down.

will mcdonalds ever return to form? Chic fil A right now seems to be closest to the orginal vision

I meant in general. Some things shouldn't be standardized, commoditized and become a monopoly.

Again, the fast food model is a public health liability. Only deluded Libertarians would think otherwise.

I bought this on DVD going by Yea Forums's recommendations. I disliked Birdman. If this one is shit, Keaton gets his bro card revoked.

The director for making this movie

True. I forget it was also the 50s.

if you go to a mcdonalds in a white town, they're good.

They only exist to feed the homeless and hookers these days. Worst menu out of any fastfood restaurant.

>buying approved licensed copies of films

Attached: Hitler_grinning_worldwartwo.filminspector.com_1.jpg (830x738, 74K)

He plays the best troll character imaginable.
youtube.com/watch?v=36Ux2cmHCL8

McDonalds is shit everywhere and it has nothing to do with the staff. It's the shit-tier ingredients.

A black McDonalds only makes it shittier thanks to incompetence.

>t. 90% white country

It'd be interesting to see a Dave Thomas movie like this.

why did they change it for? In & Out kept the same menu for years

Meh Ray Kroc isn't very interesting and the McDonald's brothers are even less so. Long and short is they had a good idea, but didn't pursue it to it's fullest and some other guy who didn't have an idea came along and knew what to do with it.

To explain it another way think Apple computers where Steve Wozniak=McDonald's brothers and Steve Jobs=Kroc. Sure Steve jobs never had an original idea in his life, but was damned good at seeing the potential in other ideas and designing tweaks. Wozniak fucking invented the modern computer as we know it but was shit at marketing and people skills. Jobs was a fucktard at actually coding or knowing jack shit about hardware but could work a crowd. Wozniak was a god damned nerd God but a bit of an autistic fuck.
And together they made fucking history.

The brothers McDonald on the other hand...well they had a great idea...and that's about it. They had a jobs fall into thier lap and could've rode that fucker to riches but they were stubborn bitchy autists. So Kroc ended up doing it solo ultimately.
Not really something to be angry at Kroc over. In reality he never opened a McDonald's across the street or any bitchy asswipe shit like that. The fact that they weren't going along for the ride was thier own damned fault not his.

You see here's the fault in the brothers thinking, and in fact many peoples thinking; no one person usually has every needed skillset for everything and trying to stubbornly only do things one way (your way) is the key to mediocrity.

its your fault to begin with for expecting 5 star cuisine from a fast food restaurant

This movie, and by extension, this thread make me want the McDonald's.

I like McDonald's, so yes. I got some cool toys there as a kid

> Works replaced by robots and touch screens.
> Quality control instantly increases.
> Expand the menu since you're not reliant on ex-cons being smart enough to throw a sandwich together anymore.
> Other fastfood joints ensue, sparking a fastfood war in which only one victor can remain.
> We Demolition Man now.

I can't wait

capitalism man bad

Yeah automation doesn't actually work like that in reality. You still need plenty of humans.
T. Guy who is surrounded by fucking robots all day at work.

>You still need plenty of humans
then whats the point?

This, not sure how they stay on top. Burgers are small and 80% bread with their 3 bun Big Macs, not to mention overpriced.

they pay less people

Obsessed with Judaism

the brothers were in the wrong
>business thriving
>WTF THIS IS HAPPENING TOO FAST STOP THIS SHIT IMMEDIATELY

Not really no still takes as many people.
The point is accuracy and repetition. Sure a welder can do better than a robot but doing it five hundred fucking times and regardless of skill the mind wanders. Same with sammiches. Sure I can walk into my kitchen and cook a bomb ass burger but make thousands of them and I'll be barely remembering the cheese. Instead let the machine do the boring crap and have the human care take the simple minded dipshit robot.
It actually really works well.

Either way to get back to my original point posted here
And elaborated on here.
Automation does not equal less people. In fact often it leads to MORE people. But it does drastically improve workflow and reduce waste.
Automation is not
>Hurt Durr greedy capitalism getting rid of jobs and replacing us with machines to spend less money
Automation IS
>Improve workflow so less wasted product which saves money AND having fewer customer complaints which MAKES MORE MONEY.
But you can't replace the people...thier is no burger skynet AI. So you always ALWAYS need people. But they get easier jobs with less repetition and by extension higher morale.
Until the burger machine breaks or gets out of sequence somehow, then it's troubleshooting 'fuck this piece of shit' time until it gets fixed.

>out of necessity
Kek, get over yourself, hypocrite.

IMAGINE A WORLD WITH NO «MCDONALD'S»...

>IMAGINE A WORLD WITH NO «MCDONALD'S»...

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 57K)

fag

Those stupid niggers accepted a handshake and got nothing in writing. They were in the wrong.

>not sure how they stay on top
People are lazy and want the stability.
On top of that the prices increased so much that you can find delicious proper homemade 100% Angus beef burger for the same price in small places.
I cannot fucking wait, although people are overinflating the level of automation looming over us. Last time I ordered double Big Tasty without tomato, I got single BT with tomato. Makes you wonder if they have genuine drain bamage.

Welding automation is a good example. For every welding arm you need andude that will be doing nothing but fixing its fuckups, because weldbot cannot compensate for the imperfections in the material.
Same with bending machine - you have to manually sort material by its heat coloring, because if you use laser cutter, the pieces in the middle of the large steel sheet will have slightly different hardness than the pieces around the edges and bending machine will bent them off the parameters.

I actually work at an auto manufacturing company ironically enough. Welding department.
I remember a few years ago when they brought in to Laser welding bots and the dipshit kids started freaking out and wanted to unionize the plants because they thought they were gonna get replaced. Meanwhile all the older guy who knew better kept repeating 'shut up dipshit this means our impoverished state is getting MORE high high paying entry level jobs!' and it happens every time automation gets mentioned.

It's like that one time I went to Wendys and ordered a burger and got a chicken sandwich instead.

What's cool though is you ring their corporate and raise hell they'll usually send you a coupon book with a ton of free stuff in it.